SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 21 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:03 pm

rhondam wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I'm following you nutty. laugh out loud

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would LOVE, if it's possible, just one go-to thread with everyone from this franchise's name and SM handles (nothing else) in alphabetical order, that can be ideally added to in the correct spot alphabetically.

I realize it would be a bit of work but if we were all to contribute by PM to whoever is setting it up, that would make it easier. Or am I out to lunch on this and it is too big a wish or is it something that wouldnt work with the setup on here? :halo:

PS—while I'm wishing, I've often thought it would be so nice if we had a bookmark option that only we could see that we could click in each thread much like the like button, so we could easily find the place we last left off. i don't know if this is feasible either.
handwave

The link I posted, is the link to the thread that has everyone's SM usernames/account. sophie has been updating it for us.

For the rest of your suggestion.

When you first long on, the threads that have new posts since your last log on, will be red.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Once you click on the circle icon, the threads open up. Click on the little tiny orange square, when you hover over it, it says "View Newest Post".

When it takes you to the page, it should take you to where you left off since your last log in.

Option B- the best option IMO

All the threads come up that have had new posts since your last long in. It looks like this. You pick and choose which thread you want to read, clicking the little square, and choose "View new posts" at the top or bottom right hand side of any page, every time you want to move on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 21 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 pm

Oh sorry I wasn't descriptive enough.....

• I meant a thread for ALL Bach franchise past and present contestants (not only Ben's season) and even producers could be added.

• I currently do option B (but never logout unless I'm kicked out which happens very infrequently) but it doesn't take me to the post or page I was last reading but only to the newest posts so depending when you were last here it could be many pages back. Also there are times that it is doesn't show the unread and I assumed it refreshed or something and I would just go through the home on bottom left and scroll through the topics by date.

It's all really no big deal and I thought it would be just a really "nice to have" feature. I don't know how easy or hard the programming would be to add a bookmark feature. By the way, you and the mods do a wonderful job here and I'm sure there is a lot of stuff you do behind the scenes that we don't even see—thank you!

rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:25 am

Just to clarify, you are choosing the small square icon next to the big round one because that's the one that directs you to the new posts since you last refreshed. When you say you don't log out, do you close your browser, or is it always on?

You shouldn't have to do all that work, there is something off. I'm pretty sure there isn't a bookmark feature because there is a view new posts. I will search around for answers.

I suppose we could have another thread for other franchise users SM accounts in alphabetical order and we can keep adding to it. Yes a lot of work, but sort of like a dictionary.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:26 am

No, I wasn't using the small square!! I didn't even see it. Thank you, that's my bookmark feature I've been wanting!! laugh out loud.

I sometimes close browser and sometimes leave open depending.

Don't bother with the list of everyone's SM. I might just start something in my notes and every time someone posts one of their SM handles I'll just add it to my list. Ha maybe eventually I'll have enough handles to ask you to make that thread!! laugh out loud. What I did in a cleaning/purging mode was delete everyone I didn't know in real life from my SM because I felt bombarded by the constant flow....well you likely know what I mean. Anyway, I've since wanted to check things out first hand again and cannot remember most of the handles. But I'll just ask as others do when needed.

Thanks again for the last viewed square tip. That helped make my day!! Hugesmile
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 pm

I use a laptop for all my internet activity. I know most websites have been moving to a more cellphone-friendly format (which I hate). But I've been noticing that sometimes the threads here come up the way they always have, in that they are spread out across my screen, and sometimes they come up scrunched up in the middle, like I would imagine people viewing them on a cellphone would see. If it's in the cellphone format, if I refresh my page, it often will go back to the spread-out format. Sometimes I have to refresh many times before I'm successful. Is there some kind of option somewhere that I can choose to make it always spread across my screen?

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Buckeye_Fan - I'm checking into it. Sounds like mobile version is on somewhere. I know forumotion installed that option awhile back but there were problems recently. It's shouldn't do that. What browser do you use?

rhonda - I like the idea, it's just a matter of putting it together. I personal don't save username's but during the season it's nice to have the contestants sm's usernames handy. Sometimes it's an easy search, other times it's annoying not being able to find the username.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Buckeye_Fan - I'm checking into it. Sounds like mobile version is on somewhere. I know forumotion installed that option awhile back but there were problems recently. It's shouldn't do that. What browser do you use?

rhonda - I like the idea, it's just a matter of putting it together. I personal don't save username's but during the season it's nice to have the contestants sm's usernames handy. Sometimes it's an easy search, other times it's annoying not being able to find the username.

I'm using Firefox most of the time. You gave me an idea, so I just tried it in IE. It worked great several times, and then I got the "scrunched" screen. But it does seem to work better than with Firefox. Thanks for your quick response!

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:59 am

Has this happened to others who use iPads? Many times when I click on a thread/page, it will direct me to a some sort of free mobile apps site. It's so annoying!!! Or is it just my iPad has problems? But it doesn't happen to other sites I frequent, just this one.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm

No it doesn't happen to me here but I have block pop ups on:

Settings -> Safari -> Block pop-ups

That said, I rarely have time or forget to go to RS's site but when I do, his ads ALWAYS pop up on me despite the setting above.

But here, I do find the threads sometimes lag or "get stuck" loading, especially this week. I assume it is increased traffic to the site. My work-around for that is to hit the X in the search bar at the top and then the refresh arrow. That usually does the trick, but sometimes you have to repeat that one or more times.  

Do not use this work-around if it gets stuck while trying to post because you will lose your post. Instead hit the View New Posts at the top right and your post will be there 98% of the time, the other 2% it will just be lost. This seems to happen on occasion and I think it's only when someone is posting in the same thread as you at the same time.

I hope this helps your pop up problem and I hope the additional info helps you or someone else that may experience this too.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 pm

I saw a cute gif on Twitter . How to I post it on this board? I use an iPad .

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Copy and paste the tweet. If it has a link to the gif it will be included in the tweet.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:48 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Copy and paste the tweet. If it has a link to the gif it will be included in the tweet.

Sorry to be a pain but when I do that, it asks for a Title in the reply box. question

Is it because I'm new here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl