SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 41 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Have you tried Apache Open Office? It is a free download. I didn't want to pay for Office every year and use it for my Word stuff and use their spreadsheets for the Survivor pool that I run. I don't have any issues with them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 41 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not a fan of Windows 10 but I have no choice. I use Google Chrome for everything, but I always have another browser open for logging on as Admin. I used to use Firefox but it wasn't performing like it used to on Windows 10. I started using Microsoft Edge and I think it's slowing my laptop to unbearable levels.

I was quite happy with Windows 8 which came with Office, which I didn't have to pay for, (and now you do every year) and all programs were great. Now just trying to open a pic is a challenge and not the way I like it. Plus it doesn't matter which secondary browser I have open, it slows right down and gets all jumpy.

I've never been more frustrated switching laptops in all my years as I have been with Windows 10.
First question: Why don't you just open this site in a new window in Chrome instead of using another browser?  FWIW, I am having an issue with logging in to my credit card website because of Flash (never had an issue until 2020 rolled in). But I can open it and login if I use a new incognito window.

Secondly, I have the windows subscription and have no problems with it slowing down my computer.  But then I mainly only use Excel and OneNote at times.  I prefer my word processing in Word Perfect that I have used for 2 decades. I have an older version that still works and since I don't need the latest and greatest it works for me.

And, lastly, maybe your laptop has a lot of other crap auto loading that slows it down.  Win10 does that. When I got my new desktop in June, I went through and looked at everything that they deem necessary to start up and turned the majority of it off.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for that! I tried something else and it was useless. Does that have Outlook? I haven't looked into it yet.

That's another thing. Outlook for me is the best and I've been playing with other email programs on my secondary laptop and I don't like any of them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No it doesn't have outlook as part of it. It is strictly a free open version of Office. I don't need Office for business or want to pay for it so I discovered this.

You are much more tech savvy than I am so you would need to look into if it would work for you, but it I use is instead of Word and do my spreadsheets on it. They have other things on it for presentations and templates of various things.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:41 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks for the responses.

In the last month, I've had to get a new work laptop, which meant I had to get Window's 10 (from Windows 8) I think without the support, the Windows 8 was crashing on me. Then I had to get a new adapter because I hook up a monitor and keyboard to my laptop and of course it was older than the laptop model. Finding the adapter was a challenge. Then my mouse was acting up, so I got another mouse. The other day my keyboard died, and no matter what I did I could not get it to work. So I had to buy another keyboard.

I'm not a fan of Windows 10 but I have no choice. I use Google Chrome for everything, but I always have another browser open for logging on as Admin. I used to use Firefox but it wasn't performing like it used to on Windows 10. I started using Microsoft Edge and I think it's slowing my laptop to unbearable levels.

I was quite happy with Windows 8 which came with Office, which I didn't have to pay for, (and now you do every year) and all programs were great. Now just trying to open a pic is a challenge and not the way I like it. Plus it doesn't matter which secondary browser I have open, it slows right down and gets all jumpy.

I've never been more frustrated switching laptops in all my years as I have been with Windows 10.

Im using windows 10 on my laptop and haven't had any problems , are you sure the problem isn't with the browers your using.? Maybe having two different ones opened at the same time is what's slowing it down. I'm using AOL for the forum but occasionally I open internet explorer but I close out of AOL when I do.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:02 pm

I think one of the problems, is I got a fitbit for xmas and downloaded the app. Once I got rid of that it seems to have corrected the slow down/freezing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you open PDF files with Apache? I cannot believe every time I try to do something, it costs money. Adobe used to be completely free. Now you get the free version that pretty much opens the file, but you can't do much more without paying for it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:58 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I think one of the problems, is I got a fitbit for xmas and downloaded the app. Once I got rid of that it seems to have corrected the slow down/freezing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you open PDF files with Apache? I cannot believe every time I try to do something, it costs money. Adobe used to be completely free. Now you get the free version that pretty much opens the file, but you can't do much more without paying for it.

It opens the PDF files that I use as part of Apache. I think it will open the old Adobe files, but I'm not 100% sure. You would have to try it.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will d/load it and play with it. Thanks for the info.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 am

Does anyone know the secret to embed IG's when there are a mix of pic's and vids or just more than one pic in one post?

This link doesn't help when there are more than one pic in the post.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I need to know that too! I can only get it if there is one photo.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 pm

I have in the past tried to look for answers but came up empty. The Emily post I recently posted reminded me what a pain it is so I thought I'd ask in here.

I'm using Window's 10 (which I'm not crazy about!) but if anyone has an easy solution I'd appreciate it! Smiley

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Try this code, just replace the IG link with whatever link you want.

Code:
<iframe src="https://www.instagram.com/p/B6gQGHmBDHL/embed/captioned" width="500" height="905" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl