SELECT CONTENT

Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion

Post by Thomigirl Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm

doantam wrote:I wonder who took their picture in bed.

Probably production. It looks like a clip from the wedding special.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion

Post by Alanna Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 am

That's the clip that started the whole- "'Does dad love us?' 'You better love my dog because she's real cute!' And, 'she can wear a tutu for the ceremony and we can take it off for the reception so she can dance'" montage. Ahhh, Ashley is too adorable!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 am

doantam wrote:I wonder who took their picture in bed.

I made a screencap from their wedding special. Embarressed!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Alanna wrote:That's the clip that started the whole- "'Does dad love us?' 'You better love my dog because she's real cute!' And, 'she can wear a tutu for the ceremony and we can take it off for the reception so she can dance'" montage. Ahhh, Ashley is too adorable!!

Squee! That whole segment is my fave next to Japes' vows and the number of times they tried to kiss during the ceremony!

JP definitely affirms himself at night, "It IS manly to walk a teacup yorkie that's wearing a pink-bow clip. It really is."
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Finally got to watch the special and I absolutely loved it. Those two have a relationship that leaps off the screen and it is such a privilege to be able to share it. I don't think anyone would ever be able to say the same about my husband and I; we're just much more understated people!

Sure, I have quibbles with editing and what was elected to not be shown, but given how the special conveyed so much emotion, I guess they are just quibbles. The story got told.

I'm disappointed to hear the ratings were low, but I'd guess that was a scheduling issue. I hope the post-airing views will make up for it, because I'd hate to think TPTB might be discouraged from airing the next marriage (if there is one).

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by lizb Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Can abc track dvr views and post -airing views.

lizb

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Ratings matter the most because of the advertizing dollars they spend on the airing of commercials - post viewing via internet or DVR allow viewers to cut them out - therefore those ratings don't matter to them.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Unless you watch on the ABC site....there, there are many commercials interspersed, so they are counting on hits to justify their ad rates. If you know a way to get rid of them, I'd love to know.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 am

since I'm in Canada I can't watch from the ABC site, so I haven't a clue.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

lizb wrote:Can abc track dvr views and post -airing views.

There is a ratings term "live+7" which now references Live viewers when a show actually airs and then those viewers that watch it within 7 days of the air date (from dvr, online, etc). I still have it on my dvr and have not watched it yet. Better hurry if I'm going to get into the 7 day ratings count! giggling
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by rr Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 am

It's been wonderful reading through all these wedding threads, thank you for all the updates! Don't have much more to add other than to say it was a beautiful wedding, a joy to watch, and offer my congrats to JP and Ashley! One of my favorite parts was their first moments "alone" together as husband and wife and JP's voice cracking a bit telling Ashley she looked unbelievably stunning (swoon, she did). I love whenever Ashley crinkles her nose, my favorite Ashley face ever! Just a great, great couple and I wish them the best forevermore. I guess before baby watch it's "when will Ashley change her name to Rosenbaum on Twitter" watch. ;)

Re: ratings, amazing to me that Survivor is still consistently pulling in 10+ million viewers season after season after so many years, as I've never seen the show other than some YT clips, while the Bachelor franchise is clearly on the wane.

rr

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 am

rr wrote:It's been wonderful reading through all these wedding threads, thank you for all the updates! Don't have much more to add other than to say it was a beautiful wedding, a joy to watch, and offer my congrats to JP and Ashley! One of my favorite parts was their first moments "alone" together as husband and wife and JP's voice cracking a bit telling Ashley she looked unbelievably stunning (swoon, she did). I love whenever Ashley crinkles her nose, my favorite Ashley face ever! Just a great, great couple and I wish them the best forevermore. I guess before baby watch it's "when will Ashley change her name to Rosenbaum on Twitter" watch. ;)

Re: ratings, amazing to me that Survivor is still consistently pulling in 10+ million viewers season after season after so many years, as I've never seen the show other than some YT clips, while the Bachelor franchise is clearly on the wane.

Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 4162780263 Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 2711063196 Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 1003998638 Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion  - Page 13 3287381265

ETA: A lot of my favorite reality shows seem to be on the decline when it comes to pulling in viewers. I can see why people have decided not to watch them anymore though. I just hope Big Brother and The Bachelor last many more seasons.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley & JP's Wedding Special - 12/16 - Episode Discussion

+37
Minney
glazedover
lizb
dw_a_mom
doantam