SELECT CONTENT

Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 23 Empty Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by atem Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 am

Who stood out are the guys that got kicked off and Ben/Brody, because that's what the show focused on.

There wasn't one moment of their conversation shown with Chris.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 23 Empty Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Sprite Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 am

Finally got to see the first episode without interruptions. Some thoughts:

Des seems charming and engaging but the crying and sad life story are already annoying me which doesn't bode well after watching the previews.

I miss the bangs. Her hair just looks boring and during her talk with CH at her new digs all I could think of is why does she have roots already. It is clear her natural colour is lighter and they darkened it for the show.

I liked the talk at her digs vs the usual at the mansion. Seemed to make things flow better.

I liked the M&G dress but it did no favours for her chest and her hair really let it down.

The men were disappointing over all. There was not one there that I would personally consider eye candy. Maybe it was all the slicked back hair. It looked as if some of those guys use more product than most women!

The gimmicks were beyond annoying. I felt really bad for Diogo when he said he should not have worn the armour...it was clear it was not his idea and he seemed so sincere. The magician seemed to have more personality than some of the ones she picked. Dr Larry was funny and I really would have enjoyed hearing his commentary throughout the season, but alas, it was not to be. I finally saw what everyone was commenting on with the glasses on, glasses off and that was weird...I'm thinking he was rather drunk at the time and it did come off creepy. Too bad because he was not the usual type for this show and reminded me somewhat of Reid. Loved his comment about thank goodness that Fantasy Suite guy was there because at least there was one guy he could he would get a rose before. FS guy...what can I say...do men really talk/think like that? Or only when they're drunk and their true thoughts come out?

A lot of the guys look alike...Drew, Brandon, Robert come to mind.

The one that stood out for me was Zak the shirtless wonder. At first I thought he was going to be all strut, but, he seemed to have more to him and I think he will bring the humour this season. Plus he is not the typical handsome guy like the rest she picked.

She picked all the tall guys.

Seems as if there are going to be a lot of tears this season and not only from Des. Some of it looked like little boys going home and crying to mom. Not good.

I hope the punches are just taken out of context...guys goofing around or for some video shoot or such...because that is beyond insufferable and should not anyone who gets physical be automatically ejected as they are on BB or Survivor?

As always, I'm looking forward to the travel and her clothes look good based on what I saw, but then, she is a designer.

Lastly...Love the Bentley!!! I'd like one!

Last edited by Sprite on Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 am

:yes: The Bentley was the best thing of the episode Smiley Then again I never really enjoy the M&G episode as much... focus is all on the cringe factor!

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Fri May 31, 2013 7:19 am

I agree Sprite. Good post.
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm

sophienette wrote: :yes: The Bentley was the best thing of the episode Smiley Then again I never really enjoy the M&G episode as much... focus is all on the cringe factor!

not having read the previous page i thought you were referring to bentley from ash's season. i was thinking how could sophie think bentley was the best thing?! giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm

california90 wrote:Got a laugh out loud wi-fi today... I haven't seen the episode but did Any of these guys impress? Any guys surprise you? I remember I liked a lot of Sean's girls after meet and greet that I really didn't think about before. Just curious Smiley

High clap I am so glad you got your wi-fi today! What did you think about the first episode?

shoepie wrote:I could not find a thread here with Des' blog so I will comment here.

It was vacant and boring. Just once I would like to read a candid and authentic report. She was in no doubt about about sending those home who she did! Come on Des, stop gushing, you can be honest without being mean.

california90, this thread is loaded with posts talking about the men. General consensus, not great.

Desiree's Blogs can be found here this season:

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Fri May 31, 2013 6:06 pm

Love_Me wrote:
california90 wrote:Got a laugh out loud wi-fi today... I haven't seen the episode but did Any of these guys impress? Any guys surprise you? I remember I liked a lot of Sean's girls after meet and greet that I really didn't think about before. Just curious Smiley

High clap I am so glad you got your wi-fi today! What did you think about the first episode?

shoepie wrote:I could not find a thread here with Des' blog so I will comment here.

It was vacant and boring. Just once I would like to read a candid and authentic report. She was in no doubt about about sending those home who she did! Come on Des, stop gushing, you can be honest without being mean.

california90, this thread is loaded with posts talking about the men. General consensus, not great.

So funny. I looked in all sections, immediately dismissing the tweet thread, sure her blog would never be in there! Ha ha ha ha!
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:57 am

Love_Me wrote:

I have yet got the chance to see it! Hopefully I'll like the guys although there are some harsh words for these guys! But I never have high expectations and I'm younger and I'm sure guys my age are worse laugh out loud. Hopefully I can find some time to watch it! Is it online anywhere?

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 pm

It's online at ABC.com. You just have to put up with commercials. :Smiley:

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:28 pm

You're out of country, right california90? Maybe someone who's permanently abroad can help you out with a source.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:28 pm

california90 wrote:
Love_Me wrote:
california90 wrote:Got a lol wi-fi today... I haven't seen the episode but did Any of these guys impress? Any guys surprise you? I remember I liked a lot of Sean's girls after meet and greet that I really didn't think about before. Just curious :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am so glad you got your wi-fi today! What did you think about the first episode?

I have yet got the chance to see it! Hopefully I'll like the guys although there are some harsh words for these guys! But I never have high expectations and I'm younger and I'm sure guys my age are worse lol. Hopefully I can find some time to watch it! Is it online anywhere?

Do any of these links work for you?

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by KK4 Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:03 pm

luvstx wrote:Glad to come on here this morning and find that almost all of you felt the same way I did watching that last night--Blech and Boring. Worst M&G that I can remember. None of the guys were that impressive (or certainly none were edited as impressive) and Des came off as just bland.

I do like her better without the bangs but wish they would get rid of these heavy beaded dresses for the poor leads. She was in her own suit of shining armor!

DD and I watched together and thought it was just awful. A few cute guys but the gimmicks are just too much. And I wonder if the new handing out of roses as you feel like it plan gives them less time to show us the convos. I just don't feel like I got a sense for many of the guys

Hope the season gets better. Doesn't help that Brooks isn't my type of guy from a looks perspective...
Late to the party! I so agree that this episode was just not my cup of tea. (Did i just say that? :) ) Anyway, it felt to me that they hired actors to play parts. Especially the Dr that kept messing around with his glasses. And c'mon..a guy goes shirtless all evening and gets a rose? Lots of producer driven drivel this first epi. I hope it gets better, or else I'll tape and FF.
KK4
KK4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+46
BarbB222
tigertiz
richmondrose
Lakergurl
Hotmomma