SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 37 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 59 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:29 pm

On the Nightly News tonight, it was stated that half the car accidents in this country(USA) are attributed to road rage. 
I don't know how they came up with this stat, just something I heard.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Newto Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Kasha -- I heard that, too, and it does not surprise me at all. I would suspect that road rage comes in second in the cause of accidents after talking/texting while driving. I'm a former insurance professional and in my 20+ years in the business, I have taken auto claims for reasons ranging from "I looked down to change the station" to a horrible carjacking in which the owner of the carjacked vehicle was killed by the perps. Very few people recognize that they are driving a lethal weapon.

Road rage is alive and well. People get into their cars filled with stress as it is, after a long day at work, etc. Cars are also seen as a prized possession, especially by those who own high-end vehicles or high-powered sports cars. They seem to get into the car with anger or an "attitude." I live in the D.C./Baltimore area and we are witness to these incidents almost daily. I suspect it is like that in all big metropolitan areas.

Just another sign of the times, I am afraid.....

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:32 pm

I am very aware of how lethal a car is. My brother and his gf were killed in a car fatality 37 yrs ago this Oct. no no
I am nuts about car safety and so is my spouse in lieu of that.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I am very aware of how lethal a car is. My brother and his gf were killed in a car fatality 37 yrs ago this Oct. no no

Kasha -- my post was not directed at anyone, just a general statement of my observations. I am so sorry to know that you lost your brother; what a horrible thing for you and your family. Glad to know you are "nuts" about car safety; so am I. After that famous fatal carjacking in Savage, MD (Sept. 1992) in which my client was killed by the perps, I wouldn't even push the garage door opener until all the doors were locked, all seat belts were secured, etc. I have never forgotten that, nor have I forgotten some of the drunk driving accidents I've recorded. Being in the business of insurance is very sobering, as you can imagine. rose bud
Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Along with don't text and drive, now it's don't Pokeman and drive. I just saw a news article, cars being totalled every where. Drinking and driving is bad enough.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:53 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Along with don't text and drive, now it's don't Pokeman and drive. I  just saw a news article, cars being totalled every where. Drinking and driving is bad enough.

...and now, to add to all of this, the development of "self-driving" cars is going full tilt. In current cars there all kinds of mechanisms and do-dads which tempt drivers to pay less attention to the road, their driving, and everyone around them on the road, than they do now. G-d help us.
Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I am very aware of how lethal a car is. My brother and his gf were killed in a car fatality 37 yrs ago this Oct. no no

Kasha -- my post was not directed at anyone, just a general statement of my observations.  I am so sorry to know that you lost your brother; what a horrible thing for you and your family.  Glad to know you are "nuts" about car safety; so am I.  After that famous fatal carjacking in Savage, MD (Sept. 1992) in which my client was killed by the perps, I wouldn't even push the garage door opener until all the doors were locked, all seat belts were secured, etc.  I have never forgotten that, nor have I forgotten some of the drunk driving accidents I've recorded.  Being in the business of insurance is very sobering, as you can imagine.  rose bud
I know it was not directed at anyone--certainly not me.  bestbud!
It's ok. It wasn't for a long, long time. But now it is what it is and it's in it's place in my life. 
Since then I've been nuts about driving period. And I mean truly nuts. And that's ok now, too, I guess. 
Anyway, all is good. 
My hearts do go out to all those dealing with this senseless violence and evil.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:12 pm

To our resident Frenchi Sophie, I wish to offer my heartfelt 
condolences to you and your countrymen. Over 77 killed
over 55 injured. Prayers for victims family's. It was a terrorist 
attack.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:08 am

It seems like every week or so we have another tragedy. Sad times. My heart & prayers go out to everyone involved and their families. PINKHEART

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 am

My 2 yr old grandson came by early this morning. Too early for me. cantstopl I asked him: "Joshua, would you like a waffle?" His reply: "Yes, please. Hurry up old lady." affraidroflaffraid 
Dh is still laughing. No waffles for DH.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:52 pm

What is wrong with people? Now Baton Rouge.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:23 pm

This is just horrible. RIP to the men and women who are trying to do their job in keep us safe. Prayers for those who leave their homes every day not knowing what the day will bring them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 59 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny