SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 57 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:55 pm

@smartcat your building sounds very safe. Your ocean will be fine. Hurricane Charlie changed my gulf of Mexico where I have vacationed for the last 30 yrs. It's sad to see pictures from years ago compared to now, but over the years they brought in tons of sand to get it somewhat back to normal. I worry about my dolphins. sad The loss of trees is very sad as well. But those are all things that can be replaced.

Praying for all, Mexico, Cuba, Texas all the other islands, Florida, and the rest of the states in her path. There is so much heartache. Forest fires are also a major concern in Western Canada. Thank you to all those who work endlessly to help in one way or another. Firefighters, Police, National Guard, volunteers, health care professionals, are all stretched to the max all over North America.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 am

I don't ever remember so many natural disasters occurring at once. Hurricanes back to back, floods, wild fires, earthquakes. It seems never ending and getting worse.

Praying everyone stays safe.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ddsmom17 Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Sending hugs and prayers to you Smartcat and Sadie. Stay safe!
ddsmom17
ddsmom17

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Thinking of everyone living in Florida! Take care and stay safe!

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:34 pm

@smartcat my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else that have already felt or are now feeling Irma.  Stay safe and check in when possible!  group hug

She won't arrive here until late this afternoon/tonight.  But the nor'easter off the coast is already giving us trouble with the wind, rain and storm surge.  I can't imagine how much worse it'll be when it joins with Irma.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks GA for mentioning the fires:

My family members have been evacuated from Kelowna, Peachland, Williams Lake, Chase, Ashcroft, and now Keremeos.

3 of them know they have lost their homes.  The ones in Ashcroft had NO time to get anything out so all their memories/pictures, etc are gone.

The ones that were evacuated from Ashcroft, went to 100 mile house to be with their daughter, then all of them were evacuated from there to Williams Lake, just in time to be evacuated once more. Evacuation notices were sent out to evacuate Williams Lake so all went from there to Calgary AB.

Sorry for taking space talking about this but this fire season tore through so many lives.  There are still around 5,000 on evac order and another 15,000 on Evac alerts.  The province is still in a state of emergency and has been since mid June when the most dangerous fires began.  The province has had it's worse fire season in it's history.....That includes the summer of 1958 when fire ravaged the lower half of the province.  Stats are:

1958 - 8,550 square km's burnt or 3,301.17 square miles for our American friends

2017 - 11,000 square km's burnt or 4,250 square miles

Here's a map from the forestry department in BC.  The round orange and red dots are fires burning, the big flames are the major ones that are still burning. There are still over 100 fires burning right now. Yea, we got a few drops of rain but to put it in perspective, I still had to go out and water my plants outside.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 2017-012
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 80852910
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 83616910
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 Bcone10
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 Djkphg10
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 Cp-bos10

sources are:
BC Forestry
Ashcroft fires

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Also wanted to say so sorry for those in Texas and now Florida who have been through the hurricanes there. Really wish you could send the rain and water this way....

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Very sorry for all that personal heartache Aunties_Love. No words. Many prayers.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Positive thought to you Auntie. The fires have been crazy out there this year. Very sad for all.

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:03 pm

@Aunties_Love I'm so sorry and will have you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanks everyone.....knowing that we are burning up here literally and knowing that others are getting drowned out cause of the huricanes....makes me feel sick.  If there was a way to switch gears for a bit, wouldn't everyone be happier...we get a chance to cool down and wet things and the ones in Texas/Florida get a chance to dry out..... What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 1f602  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 1f602  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 57 1f602

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone
I just got power and cable back this AM and I'm letting everyone know I'm safe and had very little damage compared to the folks in the keys and the west coast of Florida. Irma was supposed to make a direct hit here in Miami but at the last few hours veered off to the west instead. I'm too computer illiterate to post pictures but we lost all of our trees and many cars. The ocean came all the way up past the ocean path outside our windows but did not catch us in a storm surge. We did get a lot of water through the concrete walls ( I know, amazing!) but my son came over and spent seven hours drying me out and he did a wonderful job.
Many people lost their windows, high impact or not, but I was so lucky and my shutters held my windows. Some apartments had holes in the walls but nothing structurally irreparable. So grateful most of all that we had no one seriously hurt. Our fur children are safe and sound, thank goodness, but Sadie is furious with me cause i can't explain what happened to make all that noise and wet stuff. I guess I know whos getting extra treats.
I'm heartbroken about the fires and I wish I could send all the water in that direction. Will keep all the people going through natures wrath in my heart and prayers. Thanks to all of you who sent messages I can't ever begin to tell you how much your good thoughts helped!
Love you 
Smartcat
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny