SELECT CONTENT

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 18 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 pm

richlp wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:
nutty1 wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Uummm I certainly don't pass judgement on the grammar skills of any one that I know. You missed the point tho.

I didn't miss the point, I just disagree with you (it was actually kind of a joke, but I guess you missed that point). You don't like JP, and don't see his connection with Ashley, I do. It's all good.

Anders, were you saying you think TPTB actually "script" the contestants to use bad grammar? I agree that the younger generation in general (and Bachelor participants in particular) often have serious problems with proper preposition usage, and that's why we hear the same mistakes so frequently.

Yes, my husband is forever yelling at my sons....for the you & I, vs you & me thing!

I really wish they would just give up trying to figure it out and say 'we'. :P

...shouldn't that be "we's"...?

Yep. Ashley and me, we's gettin along real good.

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 18 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by jlccaz Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

Last edited by jlccaz on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Oops

Last edited by Jeepers on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Alexxxx wrote:

...shouldn't that be "we's"...?

Yep. Ashley and me, we's gettin along real good.

:bigsmile:

Last edited by Jeepers on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Actually it should be "our" Our relationship.... not we's relationship. Or, 'my relationship with Ashley'

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Alexxxx wrote: Yep. Ashley and me, we's gettin along real good.

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :missclap: :missclap:

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm

jlccaz wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

Good Post I agree with your analysis!

But maybe by the end she has that epiphany....I have faith she will. I don't think she is as half a mess as she has been edited to be....

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Jeepers wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Uummm I certainly don't pass judgement on the grammar skills of any one that I know. You missed the point tho.

I didn't miss the point, I just disagree with you (it was actually kind of a joke, but I guess you missed that point). You don't like JP, and don't see his connection with Ashley, I do. It's all good.

Anders, were you saying you think TPTB actually "script" the contestants to use bad grammar? I agree that the younger generation in general (and Bachelor participants in particular) often have serious problems with proper preposition usage, and that's why we hear the same mistakes so frequently.

Uumm excuse me, but I have never said any such thing about not liking JP. But as I said, you did miss the point. In the hundreds of posts regarding last nights episode, I find it interesting that there has been not one mention made of any of the negatives of his edit last night. Just pointing that out

Sorry, I confused your post with the one before it, that sounded like there was no JP love. But I didn't miss your point, just chose not to comment on it. The usage of "I's" just chaps my a**, as JP would say, and I admit that Ben (who I generally like) lost a point with me last night for saying it. I also agree with the prior poster who said that I didn't interpret those comments by JP to be as "negative" as you did. The other guys all seem to like him a lot, which says to me that he isn't coming across as super competitive or obnoxious to them, but just as a guy (probably one of the few) who has sincere feelings for Ashley, and is not talking about other girls he's interested in or dating websites he's planning on visiting during their downtime.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Jeepers, I think what you're taking as a negative of JP's is actually a positive for Ashley. She likes men who are competitive and take initiative when it comes to her. She loved when Bentley scooped her up and had his wicked way with her. She also seemed thrilled when JP said he's jealous of Ben. I think it's what she attracted to in her men and it's not a negative. JMO.

BTW, sorry I didn't quote you. It's weird on my phone.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:11 pm

I love all of this post = well said…..I too saw that pain her face that she didn’t get to have that relationship with her dad.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 pm

It's funny, when watching that scene last night between Ben and Ashley and the father discussion, I remembered Brad and Chantal and thinking how much Brad needed Chantal's dad in his life. Ashley could use a dad like Ben's in her life, but you're right. She's not ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 pm

In reading the board last night many posters thought that there was very little if any chemistry between Ash and Ben F, and I agree. Ashley again pulled away from her kisses with Ben, and I wonder if one kiss was shown twice. Ben F seems a tad bit emotionally immature regarding relationships, although very sweet and kind. He seems like he is at the high school stage of his life with dating. He said that he was stuck in an emotional state after his father passed away, so perhaps that played into it. I don't know, something is off. I have no idea how he got to F2. Perhaps Ashley felt the safest around him in terms of the fantasy suite and last chance date. That is my only guess. :greenman:

Again, I have absolutely no favorites rather just my observations regarding the show. 8)

Last edited by BlondieGal on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
deedreamer
jelle
moonchild
nd4reality
Starshine_16