SELECT CONTENT

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 25 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by chicagoowl Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 pm

pbmax wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

Yes she is a mess. Exactly! she isn't going to work it out in the next week... she's too messed up to. JP was there the same time Bentley was, if he couldn't manger to woo her heart then, he surely couldn't truely, woo it now.

Don't believe all the producer's editing.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 25 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by pbmax Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:30 pm

chicagoowl wrote:
pbmax wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

Yes she is a mess. Exactly! she isn't going to work it out in the next week... she's too messed up to. JP was there the same time Bentley was, if he couldn't manger to woo her heart then, he surely couldn't truely, woo it now.

Don't believe all the producer's editing.

O I don't, that's why I'm not letting them play me like a drum set, with the Bentley editing, or any villian editing, I refuse. I know what I see with Ashley and it's no getting over in the next few weeks, no matter what Ashley may say.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:55 pm

If CH is to be believed. ha! Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 25 2089373836

Production was almost shut down after Bentley left. Now was that because she was heartbroken over "Bentley" the person or did it have more to do with being humiliated he was leaving the show?

Here is the thing to keep in mind...Ashley in her own words said she knew there was a reason she wanted to push through and continue. What would be a reason someone would want to continue? Could it be that all along there was a certain someone she cared more about then Bentley? It is possible.

Of course she was bound by contract to stay on the show, but then the outcome we have been hearing about never would have taken place. Instead, we would have her walking away or ending up with someone she was never meant to be with. IMO
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Love_Me wrote:If CH is to be believed. ha! Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 25 2089373836

Production was almost shut down after Bentley left. Now was that because she was heartbroken over "Bentley" the person or did it have more to do with being humiliated he was leaving the show?

Here is the thing to keep in mind...Ashley in her own words said she knew there was a reason she wanted to push through and continue. What would be a reason someone would want to continue? Could it be that all along there was a certain someone she cared more about then Bentley? It is possible.

Of course she was bound by contract to stay on the show, but then the outcome we have been hearing about never would have taken place. Instead, we would have her walking away or ending up with someone she was never meant to be with. IMO

I think her 1st 1-1 date with JP was providential because JP was the perfect antidote to bad boy Bentley. He did not allow her to feel defeated.On that date, JP saw her at her lowest point and comforted /cheered her on. They were comfortable with each other to allow Ashley to kiss,cuddle and sleep on JP's arms and JP called that date "perfect".JP gave Ashley hope that she can find love after all if she continues with the journey.She saw in JP the qualities of a man that she wanted in her life and the rest is history....but we have to wait to view it. :P
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:11 am

One thing that definitely working as a pro for JP is that he allows her to be vulnerable and that is one of the key words she used to describe 'her man' post-show
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 am

bing2262 wrote:
Love_Me wrote:If CH is to be believed. ha! Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 25 2089373836

I think her 1st 1-1 date with JP was providential because JP was the perfect antidote to bad boy Bentley. He did not allow her to feel defeated.On that date, JP saw her at her lowest point and comforted /cheered her on. They were comfortable with each other to allow Ashley to kiss,cuddle and sleep on JP's arms and JP called that date "perfect".JP gave Ashley hope that she can find love after all if she continues with the journey.She saw in JP the qualities of a man that she wanted in her life and the rest is history....but we have to wait to view it. :P
Great post and ITA. Not only was she comfortable but she trusted him enough to show what I'm assuming is what she normally wears at night- glasses and all.... she hasn't shown any of the other guys that as far as we know based on edits. JMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 am

PJ and a light jacket dont sound and look sexy to me as a lover to be so early, later yes but first time alone yikes.

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

reason wrote:PJ and a light jacket dont sound and look sexy to me as a lover to be so early, later yes but first time alone yikes.

Those stay-in dates usually are kiss of death dates. I just know that JP was there the same time Bentley was there and he occupied her mind, even on JP 1-1 date. Now she has to see Bentley again. So she can't have Bentley, now she will turn around and have this undying love for JP. I have a hard time believing that one. Love should just come naturally, just happen, it shouldn't be forced because you think the person is nice and suitable.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Didnt Chantal change after the rain into Brad shirt. Yes PB it is the kiss of death. I have said she will choose Ben but others say they dont see anything but I do. OH well such is life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

reason wrote:Didnt Chantal change after the rain into Brad shirt. Yes PB it is the kiss of death. I have said she will choose Ben but others say they dont see anything but I do. OH well such is life.

I don't see that the F1 is engraved in granite, soooo ya Neva noo

The exception is RS of course laugh out loud hehehe
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 pm

pbmax wrote:
reason wrote:PJ and a light jacket dont sound and look sexy to me as a lover to be so early, later yes but first time alone yikes.

Those stay-in dates usually are kiss of death dates. I just know that JP was there the same time Bentley was there and he occupied her mind, even on JP 1-1 date. Now she has to see Bentley again. So she can't have Bentley, now she will turn around and have this undying love for JP. I have a hard time believing that one. Love should just come naturally, just happen, it shouldn't be forced because you think the person is nice and suitable.

How do you think this works? Is it just a coincidence? Or do the producers make sure to give these dates to the person the lead is sure will be F2? Or does some aspect of the date put the kibosh on the relationship? Just curious.

Molly and Melissa both got a stay in date. What does that mean in the grand scheme of things?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 pm

ironcat wrote:
pbmax wrote:

How do you think this works? Is it just a coincidence? Or do the producers make sure to give these dates to the person the lead is sure will be F2? Or does some aspect of the date put the kibosh on the relationship? Just curious.

Molly and Melissa both got a stay in date. What does that mean in the grand scheme of things?

Molly and Jason got a tent date. Then he didn't pick her from the get-go, it was by rebound. Here's a few off the top of my head, Ann Michelle, Kelly Jo, Lanny, Hunter. I'm no expert.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
deedreamer
jelle
moonchild
nd4reality
Starshine_16