SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 13 of 48 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I'm thinking he's got a sweet goofy side too

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

I have to agree with the posters who are trying to inject some reality( what a funny word) into preconceived notions. Unless someone knows these people and can offer up their subjective viewpoint--- :halo: all we have to go on is objective type behavior.
Remember--a picture is worth a 1000 words.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am

All anybody is doing here is speculating with only table scraps...

sophienette wrote:I am rooting for Zak if only because he is the only one i couldnt find a model portfolio for out of all the F4. I hope to see a lot of fun and substance from him.

Then again, he has no trouble flaunting The Goods in the promo.

All joking aside, I too CAN see him as a possible final one, if more of a "dark horse" we don't expect. The whole problem is that we know the least about him among the final four... and, based on fleeting video footage and photos, his personality seems very different than hers. However, even if I struggle a bit imagining "IT" between him and Des, that doesn't mean "IT" is not there... and, yes, he could be Zee Wun.

My reasoning is like this... and it is not based on who I “like” (since the guys I thought might be the one in the end were already dumped)...

Brooks is too over-exposed like other F2s and F3s such as Arie, Kiptyn, Frank, etc. (Many of us here thought Arie was the one Emily was all gaga over in late April, early May of last year.) A very snarky Reality Steve promoted him in the same paragraph of his blog as AshLee, the frontrunner he thought would win last season... it was his way of saying "don't accuse me if I am wrong later… just tellin’ what I am being told".

Does that mean Brooks can't be F1? No. He might still be.

The only problem with Drew is that he has too many beefy modeling photos online... and one might say Drew has no better chance than Zak. However you have to ask the question: Who besides this forum even knows about them? (By contrast, TV viewers saw Zak onscreen in the promo.) Ryan Sutter did his share of beefcake shots before Trista's season aired and I didn't know they existed until somebody in an online blog (recapping an episode of hers) posted them. He mostly kept his shirt on except fleetingly on the group spa date with her… and on his fantasy date… with her… and preparing for the final rose ceremony. By keeping shirtless shots to a minimum on screen (ditto Jef, JP, Roberto, Jesse, even temporary F1 Jerry Ferris… only seen in sports group dates requiring it or on dates with her), the editors are saying “this one is not on the market for you ladies”.

Actually Drew is an excellent F1 possibility since he was kept hidden for a while (apart from his “grumpy” shot on the dodgeball photo). Also in our first promo, his head is cut off slightly to make him not too conspicuous. They did much the same slightly-hidden-but-still-shown shots with Jef and JP previously.

Chris Siegfried only suffers as a F1 candidate because there is already a strong fanbase for him on facebook. Yet, as Love-me stated, Jef’s fanbase started early too… if not this early. Mind you, the average ABC TV viewers still doesn’t know him since he is nowhere in the promos. This also increases his chances, like Drew (the one I keep flipping back and forth with as my pick here).

For me, the real test comes this Friday (I hope) when Entertainment Weekly publishes a group photo taken at Meet & Greet. Even though the Bachelorette doesn’t know who the “love of her life” is on that night, there is still this very peculiar pattern of F1s Jerry Ferris, Jesse, Ed, Roberto, JP and Jef all being in the FRONT row… somewhere… either close to her or on the end of that row away from her. Don’t ask me the logic of this, but only two F3s and two F4s made it front row… and only one F2 dumpee: Kiptyn Locke. Coincidence?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 am

Kashathediva wrote:I have to agree with the posters who are trying to inject some reality( what a funny word) into preconceived notions. Unless someone knows these people and can offer up their subjective viewpoint--- :halo: all we have to go on is objective type behavior.

but a professionally taken model one worth a whole lot less than that in my opinion! Not saying I dont approve of the models. But judging the non-models poorly because they're not as "cite" or "hot" well... No-one was warming to "Mr Grumpy" based on the candid pics we got from the dates, but suddenly we have his model pics and his has supporters. Not saying that's wrong, but doesnt feel right either!

And I do understand it's 99% of what we've got. However, I would pay more attention to the candids than the model pics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Even though these guys model, they still have other jobs. I'm not going to hold it against them if they use their good looks to make extra money. I think we will all love Zak's personality which will make him more attractive. I don't understand having a negative opinion of any of these guys before we've even seen them in action. I'm just going to lust after all 4 of them. Haha
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Pattycake92 wrote:Even though these guys model, they still have other jobs. I'm not going to hold it against them if they use their good looks to make extra money. I think we will all love Zak's personality which will make him more attractive. I don't understand having a negative opinion of any of these guys before we've even seen them in action. I'm just going to lust after all 4 of them. Haha

Amen to this...totally agree!

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 pm

I agree! I am not holding their modelling against them! Just saying that while we all judge them by "their cover" to some extent, since its all we have, some judgement are going a little far :)

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Wed May 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Pattycake92 wrote:Even though these guys model, they still have other jobs. I'm not going to hold it against them if they use their good looks to make extra money. I think we will all love Zak's personality which will make him more attractive. I don't understand having a negative opinion of any of these guys before we've even seen them in action. I'm just going to lust after all 4 of them. Haha

Well said Pattycake! I really like all the F4! They're all worth drooling over! :) There's nothing wrong with being a model either.
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 pm

sophienette wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I have to agree with the posters who are trying to inject some reality( what a funny word) into preconceived notions. Unless someone knows these people and can offer up their subjective viewpoint--- :halo: all we have to go on is objective type behavior.

but a professionally taken model one worth a whole lot less than that in my opinion! Not saying I dont approve of the models. But judging the non-models poorly because they're not as "cite" or "hot" well... No-one was warming to "Mr Grumpy" based on the candid pics we got from the dates, but suddenly we have his model pics and his has supporters. Not saying that's wrong, but doesnt feel right either!

And I do understand it's 99% of what we've got. However, I would pay more attention to the candids than the model pics!

I see a model photo no more or less that some of the photos we get from show promo/IG etc. The photos and frames we see from the show are usually from hours of tedious filming and retakes vs spontaneous emotion. They are not candids...as far as you or I might take--they are in response to a multiple of factors and not often in relation to the subject matter at all. JMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 pm

I think the comment was just joking or just using it as an expression cause I've seen other positive comments about Zak in his thread. I've been told he's got a great personality and really funny, like the promos show. After that I couldn't wait to see what he's really like. But I understand that some people don't get it, just like some people don't get Brooks, Chris, or Drew.

I've been honest, my favorites have been solely based upon looks and little what we have. The show hasn't started and believe it or not, I might change my mind! But in the meantime, I'm just having fun around here and no one is gonna stop me! (hehe)

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

california90 wrote:I think the comment was just joking or just using it as an expression cause I've seen other positive comments about Zak in his thread. I've been told he's got a great personality and really funny, like the promos show. After that I couldn't wait to see what he's really like. But I understand that some people don't get it, just like some people don't get Brooks, Chris, or Drew.

I've been honest, my favorites have been solely based upon looks and little what we have. The show hasn't started and believe it or not, I might change my mind! But in the meantime, I'm just having fun around here and no one is gonna stop me! (hehe)

I think I or anyone else is capable of having different favorite based on the edits and personalities we see on the show. But, it's also fun to have pre-season favorites based on bios and pics.
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 pm

DesFever wrote:
california90 wrote:I think the comment was just joking or just using it as an expression cause I've seen other positive comments about Zak in his thread. I've been told he's got a great personality and really funny, like the promos show. After that I couldn't wait to see what he's really like. But I understand that some people don't get it, just like some people don't get Brooks, Chris, or Drew.

I think I or anyone else is capable of having different favorite based on the edits and personalities we see on the show. But, it's also fun to have pre-season favorites based on bios and pics.

I don't have a favourite (yet) but as I've said in the past, I saw Drew's "grumpy face" photo and I liked him the most in that group! I tend to frown when I'm lost in thought, so maybe that's why I was attracted to his face. For one reason or another, you can take a look at some pictures and relate to the subject(s) or not. As others have said, it's all for fun, so there is no need to overanalyze anything. In the immortal words of Sweet Brown- Ain't nobody got time for that!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 48 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

+58
Piper61
DMBFan
nd4reality
fatiOz
Jaybird