SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Page 8 of 50 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Post by sgjsnow Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 pm

MLRay wrote:
Pattycake92 wrote:Yes, I saw that blog. Seems like a lot of innuendo to me. He's in it to promote himself? I'm yeah. Like ALL if them are, including Dez. Doesn't mean he won't fall in love with her. Sean is the biggest promoter of himself and most had no problem believing he was looking for love. They are not mutually exclusive. Meanwhile, Drew, Chris and Zac are looking to promote themselves and the sky is blue as well.

I agree with this too. Especially the Des part.

I am curious about especially the Des part. Is there more to that story?
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Post by MLRay Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 pm

sgjsnow wrote:
MLRay wrote:
Pattycake92 wrote:Yes, I saw that blog. Seems like a lot of innuendo to me. He's in it to promote himself? I'm yeah. Like ALL if them are, including Dez. Doesn't mean he won't fall in love with her. Sean is the biggest promoter of himself and most had no problem believing he was looking for love. They are not mutually exclusive. Meanwhile, Drew, Chris and Zac are looking to promote themselves and the sky is blue as well.

IMO I do not think Des is in this to find love. I feel like she is doing it to further her career and for the money. But heck who wouldnt when you get paid 6 figures. I dont think she is ready to settle down any time soon. I also made a comment before that I dont think she is accepting of single fathers as each of them were let go. This is MO. But when I mentioned that before I got all kind of feedback on that. So AGAIN, this is just MO.

Team Brad thumbsup
MLRay
MLRay

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

sgjsnow wrote:
MLRay wrote:

Not really. Just that she's a bridal stylist and wants to own a bridal boutique. Sean had his Factory Girl company and posted pictures on his Instagram of furniture for people. You just take advantage with some of the perks and publicity of this show. Like Pattycake said, it doesn't mean Brooks can't fall in love with her or that Des can't fall in love with any of the guys.
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by gruder Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

IMO, it takes a certain breed of cat to go on this show in the first place. If you are just looking for a "spouse" try Match.com, E Harmony, Christian Singles...
Everyone who submits themselves to this show has an agenda. Brooks, Chris, Drew, Bob, Bill and Jack are promoting themselves for various reasons. Same for the women who chase the Bachelor. Who cares???
If it works outs for a couple, great. If not then they are just another number in a long string of failures. I like Brooks, seems like a nice guy. I like Zak, seems sincere. We don't know them and we don't really know Des. So if she picks a guy and it works, terrific! If not, hope they all get out of it what they wanted...they had to play with the devil to get it.

gruder

Back to top Go down

Post by MLRay Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm

gruder wrote:IMO, it takes a certain breed of cat to go on this show in the first place. If you are just looking for a "spouse" try Match.com, E Harmony, Christian Singles...
Everyone who submits themselves to this show has an agenda. Brooks, Chris, Drew, Bob, Bill and Jack are promoting themselves for various reasons. Same for the women who chase the Bachelor. Who cares???
If it works outs for a couple, great. If not then they are just another number in a long string of failures. I like Brooks, seems like a nice guy. I like Zak, seems sincere. We don't know them and we don't really know Des. So if she picks a guy and it works, terrific! If not, hope they all get out of it what they wanted...they had to play with the devil to get it.

I agree with your post. It just cracks me up when people say they like a guy based on a pic. Or that they seem nice or fun or a great guy. A picture can be decieving. It also makes me laugh when I read stuff like, I hope Des doesnt get her heart broken, yadda yadda. To me this is just a game.

Or how people love a certain person and then they hear things from RS or someones else and they flip on a dime about them.

Last edited by MLRay on Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Brad thumbsup
MLRay
MLRay

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm

gruder wrote:IMO, it takes a certain breed of cat to go on this show in the first place. If you are just looking for a "spouse" try Match.com, E Harmony, Christian Singles...

Good post gruder. I totally agree with everything you said. This show is certainly not a conventional way of dating or finding a spouse. Even if it doesn't work out, still entertaining to watch and fill my time with. If it does, well that's really great too. giggling
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Great post, I agree with all of it.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed May 01, 2013 11:53 pm

MLRay wrote:

I agree with your post. It just cracks me up when people say they like a guy based on a pic. Or that they seem nice or fun or a great guy. A picture can be decieving. It also makes me laugh when I read stuff like, I hope Des doesnt get her heart broken, yadda yadda. To me this is just a game.

Or how people love a certain person and then they hear things from RS or someones else and they flip on a dime about them.

ITA. I loved the way Arie looked in his pictures before the season aired. I didn't care if Emily liked him or not, but wanted her to keep him so I could look at him. I was pleasantly surprised with his humor and sincerity.

I like the way Drew looks in his pictures, and again, hopes Des keeps him for a while so I can look at him. I don't care one way or the other who Des chooses, and why would I, I'm not the one who is going to be dating/engaged to him. As I always say, there's no accounting for taste when it comes to the matters of the heart.

When we used to sleuth before spoilers, there was a formula for the F1's edit. Well that started to go out the window with Brad 1, largely in part because he didn't have an F1. It went completely out the window with Vienna, because production was probably WTF. They knew it wouldn't last, so why try to hide the reasons why.

Now that we have spoilers, a lot of people are trying to "see" the love story from the beginning, even though MF is trying to hide it until at least the HTD's. The reason we try to go behind the curtain MF has put up and still sleuth is because MF gives us single dimensional edits ... glowing, dastardly, sympathy, etc. The sleuther's are trying to uncover the myths MF will try to sell us on any given contestant. Some people think the sleuthers are haters, unfortunately, instead of what it is ... sleuthing. We used to sleuth the outcome before spoilers were the norm; and still sleuth even with the spoilers, because sometimes they're wrong. But mostly what we're left with when there are spoilers is sleuthing the contestants.

A long winded response for an ITA. Embarressed!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 am

MLRay wrote:

FINALLY!! Someone who is realistic!! Worry about the tabloids....compare the eyes of contestants' pictures and decide who warrants your adoration before the show even begins....pretend you are their well-heeled dating advisor....but just remember that IT IS JUST A GAME!!!!

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2013 8:53 am

I agree! I am looking for good entertainment, and getting to know nice people. Are they perfect and totally uninterested in fame? nope. But hey, some use it for good too... I adore Graham and others who have used their exposure wisely. Yes they profit, but hey, as you say, they are not just here to find love. If they do, like JASH or the Mesnicks, bonus! First and foremost, I want entertainment and romance, whether it lasts or not :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 am

Bet2Win wrote:
MLRay wrote:

ITA. I loved the way Arie looked in his pictures before the season aired. I didn't care if Emily liked him or not, but wanted her to keep him so I could look at him. I was pleasantly surprised with his humor and sincerity.

I like the way Drew looks in his pictures, and again, hopes Des keeps him for a while so I can look at him. I don't care one way or the other who Des chooses, and why would I, I'm not the one who is going to be dating/engaged to him. As I always say, there's no accounting for taste when it comes to the matters of the heart.

When we used to sleuth before spoilers, there was a formula for the F1's edit. Well that started to go out the window with Brad 1, largely in part because he didn't have an F1. It went completely out the window with Vienna, because production was probably WTF. They knew it wouldn't last, so why try to hide the reasons why.

Now that we have spoilers, a lot of people are trying to "see" the love story from the beginning, even though MF is trying to hide it until at least the HTD's. The reason we try to go behind the curtain MF has put up and still sleuth is because MF gives us single dimensional edits ... glowing, dastardly, sympathy, etc. The sleuther's are trying to uncover the myths MF will try to sell us on any given contestant. Some people think the sleuthers are haters, unfortunately, instead of what it is ... sleuthing. We used to sleuth the outcome before spoilers were the norm; and still sleuth even with the spoilers, because sometimes they're wrong. But mostly what we're left with when there are spoilers is sleuthing the contestants.

A long winded response for an ITA. Embarressed!

Great post Bet! clapping!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 am

tigertiz wrote:Great sleuthing Brill and Kasha. :detective

Sorry I can't figure out the multi-quote thing -

Great info you found Kasha & Brill!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 50 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

+82
northernviewer
ilb123
Fleurdesel
Newto
Jeepers