SELECT CONTENT

Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 29 Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Seeing Chris Harrison's description of the broken finger incident makes me feel that the producers were trying to show viewers that it really was serious - more serious than most of us would think from a finger incident - but just weren't able to get through on TV.  Not everything translates well, and I think that is obvious with this situation.  The inside comments just aren't matching up with how it all came across.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 29 Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by nannymargie Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:20 am

IrishGal wrote:I finally watched the episode and sorry to burst anyone's balloon but Brooks did not have an open fracture where his bone went thru the skin. If there was blood, it was maybe his fingernail breaking.  Open fractures are at severe risk for infection...no way a week later in Atlantic City he would have no bandage on his finger.  Even a compound fracture he would still be bandaged. He had a finger jam or break which is painful but really no big deal. I can't believe what a big fuss was made out of nothing but that's the show. I am not changing my mind that he is a big wuss. giggling

If I saw the screen cap correctly Brooks still had the splint on his finger in the Mr. America contest. I would have to go back and search but I am sure I saw it on his finger when playing the ukalale.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 am

melisma wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I finally watched the episode and sorry to burst anyone's balloon but Brooks did not have an open fracture where his bone went thru the skin. If there was blood, it was maybe his fingernail breaking.  Open fractures are at severe risk for infection...no way a week later in Atlantic City he would have no bandage on his finger.  Even a compound fracture he would still be bandaged. He had a finger jam or break which is painful but really no big deal. I can't believe what a big fuss was made out of nothing but that's the show. I am not changing my mind that he is a big wuss. giggling
I don't know what the diagnosis was, but I thought it was pointed out that in the Mr. America picture, where they are all lined up and holding hands, you can see his finger bandaged with the metal splint.

It's still on. He's not a wuss. It's the ER people that were all over him for some reason. And nobody knows what happened. I thought he handled it pretty well, even saying to Desiree, "It's just a broken finger" when she was fussing over it.

The ER folks were the ones treating him like he was dying. He wasn't asking them to.
You are right that the editors of the show made it seem as if he should be read his last rites.  If indeed Brooks is the F1 (and if indeed the producers like him), why would they edit him so poorly that some viewers might consider him to be "a wuss".  They have hours and hours and hours of footage to use, and THAT is what they choose?  They can still create drama without making Brooks appear soft.  I don't see the method to their madness.  If I were Brooks and I was the winner of this game, I'd be annoyed that I was misrepresented just to hide the fact that I won.

I guess we have to remember that F1s no longer get a pristine edit. Plenty of them have had all their flaws shown for the world to see. Perhaps the editors have decided that showing the F1 being a wuss makes good TV ?

Jesse C, Vienna, Courtney and even Ed were shown, flaws and all.

Kasha would be a better person to give examples of either the F1s flaws being left into the edit or the potential flaws in the future couple being left in the edit.

Though personally him being "soft" is not entertaining. It just makes me wonder her choice nothing more.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:19 am

Piper61 wrote:I would imagine that if you're holding your finger downward, letting it rest by your side, blood rushes down and it would throb/hurt.  Elevating it might very well have lessened pain.  Just a thought.

I was going to say the same thing about I am sure his finger was throbbing.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:48 am

melisma wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
I don't know what the diagnosis was, but I thought it was pointed out that in the Mr. America picture, where they are all lined up and holding hands, you can see his finger bandaged with the metal splint.

It's still on. He's not a wuss. It's the ER people that were all over him for some reason. And nobody knows what happened. I thought he handled it pretty well, even saying to Desiree, "It's just a broken finger" when she was fussing over it.

The ER folks were the ones treating him like he was dying. He wasn't asking them to.

You are right that the editors of the show made it seem as if he should be read his last rites.  If indeed Brooks is the F1 (and if indeed the producers like him), why would they edit him so poorly that some viewers might consider him to be "a wuss".  They have hours and hours and hours of footage to use, and THAT is what they choose?  They can still create drama without making Brooks appear soft.  I don't see the method to their madness.  If I were Brooks and I was the winner of this game, I'd be annoyed that I was misrepresented just to hide the fact that I won.

I think it has less to do with him being F1 and more to do with TPTB showing the footage that would create/showcase the most dramatic scene. They are trying to put on the most entertaining show possible. Yes, some people will label him a wuss but some people won't. I don't think they really care. Besides, it looks like he got the girl in the end so I'm not sure it matters anyway.

That aside, I don't know how anyone can diagnosis and/or dismiss the severity of someone's injury from behind a TV set. Or determine how that person ought to react simply because something similar happened to them (or someone they know). Last time I checked everyone is different and not all reactions/symptoms are created equally. My best friend and I in the 5th grade stumbled onto a beehive in our backyard and were both stung. I had a swollen lip and eye for a few hours. She had to rushed to the ER and almost died.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08 pm

sfrank wrote:
melisma wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
Piper61 wrote:

I think it has less to do with him being F1 and more to do with TPTB showing the footage that would create/showcase the most dramatic scene. They are trying to put on the most entertaining show possible. Yes, some people will label him a wuss but some people won't. I don't think they really care. Besides, it looks like he got the girl in the end so I'm not sure it matters anyway.

That aside, I don't know how anyone can diagnosis and/or dismiss the severity of someone's injury from behind a TV set. Or determine how that person ought to react simply because something similar happened to them (or someone they know). Last time I checked everyone is different and not all reactions/symptoms are created equally. My best friend and I in the 5th grade stumbled onto a beehive in our backyard and were both stung. I had a swollen lip and eye for a few hours. She had to rushed to the ER and almost died.

SFrank...Thank you for that voice of reason!
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:00 pm

If its Ben/The Magician/someunknown suitor who was shown hooked up to some complicated  life support system looking like he is peering into the afterlife and all his vital organs are gonna shut down any minute because of a freakin DODGEBALL  game....  
There will be no debate.  Everybody would agree that he is a wuss.  And nobody would bother to explain why he isnt.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Generally with a finger break it is kept immobilized with a splint for a couple weeks with a follow up x-ray to see it is healing in alignment. It usually takes a good 6 weeks for proper healing, so I would be surprised to see the splint being removed in immed. subsequent epis. 

I corresponded quite sometime with another cast person (many moons ago) who had injured her ankle/foot during filming. This person was not given proper care during filming. Yes, she went to the ER, but she was not only misdiagnosed but did not receive proper follow-up during filming. Imagine walking in heels for weeks!! She found out after filming concluded that she actually had 2 broken bones in her foot. OUCH. Healing took several months to say the least. The machine is big on drama, not so big on actual care. BTW--this cast person was belittled quite a bit as being a drama queen etc as she was not a huge fan fav, however, the girls in the house loved her and mother henned her IRL while on the show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Generally with a finger break it is kept immobilized with a splint for a couple weeks with a follow up x-ray to see it is healing in alignment. It usually takes a good 6 weeks for proper healing, so I would be surprised to see the splint being removed in immed. subsequent epis. 

I corresponded quite sometime with another cast person (many moons ago) who had injured her ankle/foot during filming. This person was not given proper care during filming. Yes, she went to the ER, but she was not only misdiagnosed but did not receive proper follow-up during filming. Imagine walking in heels for weeks!! She found out after filming concluded that she actually had 2 broken bones in her foot. OUCH. Healing took several months to say the least. The machine is big on drama, not so big on actual care. BTW--this cast person was belittled quite a bit as being a drama queen etc as she was not a huge fan fav, however, the girls in the house loved her and mother henned her IRL while on the show.

I do know who you are speaking of..and yes the girls loved her..and like Moana too the girls loved her cooking too..
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:49 pm

charriotoffire wrote:If its Ben/The Magician/someunknown suitor who was shown hooked up to some complicated  life support system looking like he is peering into the afterlife and all his vital organs are gonna shut down any minute because of a freakin DODGEBALL  game....  
There will be no debate.  Everybody would agree that he is a wuss.  And nobody would bother to explain why he isnt.

As much as I do not care for Ben, I would still suspect that producers are amping up the drama if it had been him in the ER. Just I suspect they are doing it for his current storyline. As for Brooks being a wuss...it was not his fault, or even his choosing that he was hooked up to machines. I am not a big fan of his but I will allow for the fact that all of us have a different level of pain tolerance...or tolerance in general...and none of us were there and knew what really happened. I do not count on the producers to tell me the truth...EVER!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Sprite wrote:
charriotoffire wrote:If its Ben/The Magician/someunknown suitor who was shown hooked up to some complicated  life support system looking like he is peering into the afterlife and all his vital organs are gonna shut down any minute because of a freakin DODGEBALL  game....  

As much as I do not care for Ben, I would still suspect that producers are amping up the drama if it had been him in the ER. Just I suspect they are doing it for his current storyline. As for Brooks being a wuss...it was not his fault, or even his choosing that he was hooked up to machines. I am not a big fan of his but I will allow for the fact that all of us have a different level of pain tolerance...or tolerance in general...and none of us were there and knew what really happened. I do not count on the producers to tell me the truth...EVER!!!

How does what the ER people did make HIM a wuss? Whatever they were going to dish out, he took. I'm sure he wasn't worried about what people who don't like him would think about him when they saw it on national TV. And no, I don't think he looked like a wuss, even with everything THEY were doing. One, I know he was just the patient. Two, they probably filmed it to look a lot more dramatic than it was. Three, maybe he has a low pain tolerance or is squeamish (possible - since he said he passed out when they set it), and I totally understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 pm

canyonvue wrote:
Sprite wrote:

I also understood that he passed out when they were setting his finger. Didn't he say when he came to they had the oxygen and all those wires on him?

How does what the ER people did make HIM a wuss? Whatever they were going to dish out, he took. I'm sure he wasn't worried about what people who don't like him would think about him when they saw it on national TV. And no, I don't think he looked like a wuss, even with everything THEY were doing. One, I know he was just the patient. Two, they probably filmed it to look a lot more dramatic than it was. Three, maybe he has a low pain tolerance or is squeamish (possible - since he said he passed out when they set it), and I totally understand.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 3 - 6/10 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+44
summerluvn
MUSTANGGIRL74
meauxwalk
Newto
ImeldaMarcos