SELECT CONTENT

*Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline - Page 4 Empty Re: *Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline

Post by JBF Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Again... don't read if you haven't seen this episode...

Episode #5 Editing Odds & Ends

We’re in Munich, boys. Better keep your shirts on.

Like the great Jillian Harris, Desiree is blessed with psychic abilities far beyond our understanding and predicted (last week) Bryden’s departure with the same accuracy Jillian did Ed: “My fear is that he won’t give this a chance and that he will want to leave”.

Even though we saw it coming, the editors added nice touches when Bryden interrupted Prince Siegfried’s date to say goo’bye. I especially enjoyed the gargoyle and lady sculpture looking on in “terror” as if Desiree is about to act the same. (After all, James was ass-uming Bryden would stay until the end.) Well… she was misty eyed if not overly upset… and still needed that big beer at the pub.

Humorously, when Mister Harrison addresses the guys earlier, the editors play games with our craniums. Over Brooks, not Bryden, we get the line “going home immediately”. Gee, Brooks ain’t goin’ anywhere soon a far as we can tell (promo-wise), unless this is some ominous foreshadowing of events we have yet to predict…

… and Brooks does say later in the episode, when discussing James with the other guys, that there may be “zero guys” at the end of this. Tomfoolery by the editors?

Despite Bryden’s interruption, Prince Siegfried got a surprisingly normal solo date to compare with episode #2’s Brooks and Bryden, this time not involving scaling a building or examining hurricane damage. Both he and Desiree love to toss around the word “fairy tale”.

Another curio: In episode #2, Desiree and Brooks dressed up as bride and groom. This time, she and Chris are German folk performers. Desiree photographs herself with Brooks on his date as if part of a wedding album. Chris stands by a gnome in  one photo, with her in another.

Key quote: "
Today was so hard on me but I'm so happy that it was Chris on this date and nobody else because I can trust Chris with my heart. He's supportive, he's kind, he's romantic, he's expressive. He's everything that I could want in a husband."

A yodeling experience

Before sledding down the mountain, Drew suggests “something wrong can happen”. Well… nobody broke their finger this time.  

The almost-priest Zak W. played Peeping Tom on Mickey T. and Des together, but… gee… where was he when Des was making out with Brooks earlier? It is quite possible that Des sensed Brooks snooping on her with James… making out big time… since she gave him the group rose as a hush-up/reassurance/”I enjoyed my time with you” prize. James, who is not threatened by Brooks in the least, says “The only threat to me is myself”. Interesting choice of words here.

The worst date evah

Mike the G-Man planned to expose Big Bad Ben for “fraud and impersonation of a Southern Gentleman”… classic! Of course, the attorney succeeds.

Interesting that religion was fleetingly brought up (and we had four shots of the same church during the hot-tub on the lake scene): Ben opened a trap door emphasizing that Sunday Is Family Day and going to church is so important, which is why Mike cross-questioned why he didn’t practice what he preaches by attending the German language service at Easter. It really didn’t matter about Ben’s “why” here since he’s entitled to do as he wishes. Yet this set-up does have a bit of déjà vu: In Sean’s season (episode #3), Kacie B. reported to Sean (making him mad) on a fight between Desiree and Amanda that, according to Reality Steve’s source, centered on religion. Not that we viewers saw this, although Desiree was definitely thinking of Amanda (and Tierra, among others) when telling Mike that getting along with others on the show is not always the issue.

James takes Ben’s place

… speaking off “getting along with others”… James is hardly on everybody’s buddy list this episode. Hey! Somebody had to carry on the drama after Ben left. Although Brooks, Drew and Kasey start discussing James’ Evil Side in scenes edited during the Ben/Mike date, they didn’t get a chance to be the next G-Man because Des abruptly curtailed the cocktails on them. To date, we have yet to hear James say any of things he’s accused of saying.

Before the ceremony, Chris Harrison has his sitdown with Our Star, discussing the kissing with Brooks and Zak (both of whom are seen in photos right behind Desiree as she croons to Harrison). She also repeats Ashley Hebert’s old schtick about love being a “two way street”. The most interesting edit in all of this is a quick camera pan on Kasey sitting in the other room as Harrison suggests that somebody could “change your mind in the opposite direction”. Although Drew is the one discussing James non-stop on the soundtrack, Kasey will have to do The Dirty Work.

Does this also mean that James was initially Des’ frontrunner and the ratting of him prompts her feelings to go “the opposite direction”?

This season is quite different than past Bachelorettes.

Both Wes Hayden and Justin “Rated R” conducted interviews with Reality Steve to show that they are hardly “villains” off screen. Although both refused to attend Men Tell All (or maybe Fleiss didn’t allow them to go “out of character”), both joined Bachelor Pad to spruce up their image. In contrast, Mike Fleiss must have been so angry at Bentley Williams for “something” that he was denied anything apart from a possible (was it really him?) short-term twitter account to plea his case. That boy has been missing in action ever since.

This season, BOTH Ben and James gave public interviews (apparently endorsed by Fleiss & Company) discussing that they think highly of Desiree, that, yes, some guys (possibly them too) are not here for the right reasons, but, no, “we are not bad” so don’t throw tomatoes at us. Well… that is not what they really said, but it was the “vibe” in so many words. Ben’s interview was two weeks ago. James had his last week. Both were conducted before either became “evil” on screen. An interesting spin on things…

Rose Ceremony Order

Key line by Des over a close-up of James: “I can trust every one of you”.

Brooks, Chris and Mike have roses. Whether or not he was ever a frontrunner, James is still called last for “drama sake”, after Zak, Kasey, Juan and Drew. Mickey T. is o-u-t.

Next week, a whole lot of anger between James and Kasey and a whole lot of blubbering between James and Desie. Desie is really boo-hooing this time, but we all know how these promos promise so much less than they deliver.

Last edited by JBF on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

*Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline - Page 4 Empty Re: *Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline

Post by atem Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 pm

I don't agree with a lot in this one.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 am

atem wrote:I don't agree with a lot in this one.

Oh... do tell! I may have goofed on a lot, but the editing was pretty wacky this episode.

From what you said on the other thread, is this because of my last line about the promo promising more than it delivers? It could be that things are every bit as bad as they are previewed... and I am wrong not expecting them to be. Just that I sometimes feel like this show is "crying wolf" an awful lot. They even made her seem more upset about Bryden leaving than she really was.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 am

Episode #6 Editing Odds & Ends

Barcelona After Night

Daddy roll call for those keeping up: Ben, Brad and Juan have kids, Brooks had a falling out with his after divorce, Brandon had no daddy, James’ suffers from cancer and Mike G. waited every night for his to give him attention. Brian was stepdaddy to Stephanie’s Donovan and Bryden helped out a ten year old in Iraq as if he were a daddy. Drew’s overcame alcoholic addiction, discussed in episode #1, but now, on his date, we learn that he also has cancer.

Although it is an interesting date from a body language standpoint (poor Drew gets accused for having the “slower” moving relationship but that changes once they hit the alley), there wasn’t a whole lot of “story” here. Apparently Desiree loves her kissing lightning quick and explosive… and Drew delivers as a wild Alley Tom-Cat. With butterflies of course. That boy is full of butterflies. (Reminds me a bit of Ames in the Hong Kong elevator with all of the arrows pointing up.) She hopes this kiss lasts forever. Lets’ hope Drew can keep it up now that her fire has been stoked.

Key word used with Drew is “trust”. This leads into his tattle tale on Jesse James… who is at war with him, Mickey and Kasey… and everybody else by episode end.

Soccer Storm brewin’… and the Chris-Des scale is rapidly rising

The soccer match was all for Juan Pablo. Too bad we didn’t see a lot of what made him an international champ.

Last week in Munich, Des said Chris has “everything that I could want in a husband” and now the two are testing out a matrimonial bed… but keeping a ton of pillows between them. Oh no! Not another poem!!! This time, Chris exceeded Ryan Sutter’s quota so Desie gives him one… and it is as long as the Iliad.

Not to be outdone… and just before the big battle, Brooks gets hot couch-time as well and displays an interesting expression when Des is sitting on his lap. Definitely no pillows here.

By the way, was it my imagination or was both Brooks and Juan missing during the first stage of The Great James Rollercoaster? One must have been with Des and the other having a PI session, I guess… or steaming up the spa with her… or melting down another igloo. (Hey! She brought it up in her people.com blogs, not me.)

Kasey becomes the second tattle tale and two is enough... so Desiree cries with James, he cries back, sells her a used car and she keeps him longer. Later, post date, Drew plays AshLee to Tierra-able James: You are not here to fall in love with Des!

Robes Away!

It’s about time we got a funnyman Zak date, one well suited to his black-bar expertise. Of course, he teases viewers that he will go full frontal for the sake of Art, but he keeps the underoos in check.

Like Drew, Zak gets some dark tunnel kissing time and, like Chris, he gets tossed… the H word! Only this time, she just tells us he has on very important quality she’s looking for in a husband... in that he would never say anything bad about somebody… or something of that sort. In any case, he is the anti-James.

Hark! He is the first to get … The Guitar Rift. Y’know… the one played over Ryan and Trista’s proposal. Some seasons two people get it, other times just one… but (except in Jake and Ben’s seasons) the F1 is one of them. This means that Zak is at least a “possible” F1.

He also is in love with her, but not doing it slowly like the other H-guy.

Down The Rollercoaster

Who can forget James’ description of the New Jersey roller coaster in episode #4? “This rollercoaster used to be a sign of joy but it is sitting in the water destroyed!” Brooks simply calls himself an emotional rollercoaster… but James does give him a run for his money.

Although Kacey says he can sell ice to an Eskimo, he is only spared until the rose ceremony. He does have the talent to make Desiree cry, but… gee… it seemed like so much more in the promos.

There are some interesting edits when Mike G. was discussing James behind his back and then addressing him directly, but I got too exhausted watching it all. It seemed like “tidbits” of each guys’ storyline was highlighted over key words… oof! I need a bigger brain for that. The one standout in the verbal battle was Chris shouting at James the line of “I am 100% not thinking about becoming The Bachelor”. So I guess we can rule him out as a contender for next season.

Rose Ceremony Order

With Drew and Zak sporting roses, Chris, Brooks and Mike continue for the next round. Jesse James, Kasey (hashtag unfair!) and Juan get axed. Chris gives an amusing smirk at both Juan and James leaving, the latter saying “Nobody will know the exact truth. It sucks”. Yes James, every season is loaded with secrets. That’s why they use editors.

The end of the season promos are a delirious mess but they vaguely remind me of a hodgepodge of Ali’s and Ashleys… somebody having a breakdown, somebody misfiring, and only one guy sporting a final rose ceremony suit crying… maybe it is all true. Maybe not. Gee, I was hoping we would have a boomerang boy this season.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:41 am

Episode #7 and an overview of each guy this season since episode #1

Figured it was high time to examine each “journey”... and how our leading lady has progressed with them.

If you folks want answers… nope, you ain’t getting any. All I am supplying are puzzle pieces for you to figure out.

Brooks

He and Chris each mentioned being nervous out of the limo and Desiree responded that she has been in their shoes. She says to Brooks a lot that she’s been in his shoes. At the start of the wedding date, she says “I really like that today’s going to start off with showing Brooks my life and giving him a little slice of what it is like to be in my shoes.”

In episode #1, Dr. Larry foreshadows something (possibly indirectly rather than directly) in Brook’s future with these lines (describing his dip blunder with her dress out of the limo): “I’m going down in flames. I at least deserve the time to plead my case before the judge.” I don’t think Brooks does anything “bad”, but he does have to do something this season a second time.

Although that is the full extent of the Larry/Brooks connection, I can’t help but toss another “been in your shoes” moment here strictly for amusement: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah yes... The Wedding Date. That was a lot of fun. They photograph themselves together as bride and groom, contrasting later when she and Chris dress up in green folk outfits (i.e. key color this season since Brooks tries on a green tux), but photograph themselves in normal clothes. This is one of many curious parallels/contrasts between Brooks and Chris this season.

Desiree says happily: “I really felt like we were newlyweds. Brooks was the best guy to bring on this date. It’s not supposed to be serious. It’s supposed to be fun and I’m glad that he just rolled with it.” Brooks: “This could be the first date with my future wife.”

Both want a relationship that lasts. Brooks commenting on their date: “This could be the first kiss with somebody that I spend the rest of my life with. That’s a beginning to something that can really be as grand and amazing and idolized as this Hollywood sign.” Also under the sign, Des and Brooks discuss heartbreak: “Then it means I wasn’t meant to be with that person.” This line can apply to ANYBODY on screen, not necessarily Brooks… although Brooks being part of that conversation is interesting.

Desiree: “What Brooks went through in his past relationship is similar to what I went through. It was nice to hear that from a guy. It shows that when he falls in love he falls in love and he gives it is all, which is such a great quality. It’s a quality I’m looking for in a man.”

She also tells him directly on his date that you have to go through the hard stuff to get to where you need to be. Brooks tells us viewers “This is an emotional rollercoaster for me. It’s difficult to throw that all on the table and say, hey… I’m gonna really expose myself at the chance”.

The Rollercoaster. Chris Harrison mentions it repeatedly. Mike G. brings it up in episode #7. James says in episode #4 in the helicopter: “This rollercoaster used to be a sign of joy but it is sitting in the water destroyed. It’s an eerie feeling, but there’s an American flag at the top of this rollercoaster that I feel, like, that’s just a sign of hope.” Also on James’ date, he says “A man can’t love until his heart’s been broken”. Again, that line can apply to ANYBODY this season… not necessarily James.

Although a lot is made about their kissing on screen, communication is (at least in the early episodes) the primary “glue” between these two. Episode #3: “I love my conversations with Brooks and how he just brings out the best in me. Everything comes naturally to where we don’t have to try to make it work. There’s just a chemistry there that works.”

She said in episode #1, “I’m looking for someone to communicate with and be open.” Brooks states after Bryden’s departure: “She’s asked us to be open and let her know how we’re feeling and he has been open with her and letting her know, prior to coming here, he was already questioning that. So I would be surprised she hadn’t prepared herself a bit of the possibility he could be going home.” Foreshadowing?

Unfortunately by episode #7, communication may have backtracked a bit since they’re now in the clouds (double Cloud 9… and she’s experiencing the fairy tale she signed up for… stuck in a dream). That mountain visit in Madeira was much like the German mountain climb, which also had fog and then clarity… and maybe fog again. “We didn’t just break through the clouds. I feel Brooks and I really had a break through in our relationship. The way I feel right now, I am so hopeful for everything.” We also get our promo line from Brooks: “The moments of having something that takes your breath away for a second makes you focus on what’s important.” In some ways, they seem to still be communicating well and in others…

At the start of the date, Des was “on the road to love”. On the mountain, she says “In this moment, I’m falling in love”. After the fireworks display, she is thinking he could be “the one”. She also can “see” Brooks as a husband and feels she can fit into his family. By Chris Harrison sit-down time, she is talking marathon races and seeing “finish line” with him. This gal doesn’t waste time in Madeira! Of course, he’s the first called at the rose ceremony.

Brooks’ response to us: “Who knows what the future will hold?” The marathon analogy is a good one: he isn’t sure if he is at the skipping or running stage (“like” vs. “love”). This reminds me of Bryden’s line in Munich: “At the end of the day, it’s it’s it’s obviously, like obviously, she’s progressing at a way faster rate than I am.”

Brooks is, as he says, in a pensive mood. Even so, Chris sees him as competition and is nervous watching him go on his date. After all, Chris didn’t have anything “out of the ordinary” planned on his date.

Drew

Intro: “I’m Drew. I’m 27 years old. I’m from Scottsdale, Arizona and I’m in digital marketing and I love my life. (cue shirtless jog a.k.a. Ryan Park style) But growing up here has not been without its trials. My childhood and my upbringing has had everything to do with who I am. Y’know, my parents divorced when I was relatively young, when I was 8. My dad was an alcoholic. Not only that but I have a sister who is severely mentally handicapped… and, going through the divorce and parents being separated and the kids having to look after one another, especially after my sister, it forced me to grow up at a very early age. But I am who I am because of what I went through. I haven’t had a lot of time to focus on love but I’m ready. I think Desiree is the perfect woman to fall in love with. She’s genuine, she’s real and I feel it will work and I feel it would make total sense.”

That line I put in italics might be important. Whether or not he is ready, he will certainly focus on love this season. He and Chris are our Butterfly Boys, only Chris just mentioned butterflies out of the limo while Drew has three times on screen.

She says in Barcelona that her relationship is slower with Drew than others, but his alley kiss with her certainly has her aroused: “Wow! That kiss really made me see Drew in a different light and the way he does it is in such a romantic, central way that it really makes me feel special… and I’m there and I’m his. Drew is just making out but… uh!... in such a great way. I’m hoping that this moment lasts forever. It’s just incredible!”

She is “hoping” the moment will last forever. Clearly this is a set-up for either Drew making it to the end (i.e. his kisses are one reason she chooses him) or experiencing a spectacular downfall (i.e. the drewy rocketship may have given her too high of an expectation).

Drew is dubbed “kind hearted” by Desiree in PEOPLE, so he is not getting any “villain” edit like James, Ben or Brian… and she says she trusts him on account of discussing James with him.

However, there is one scene in episode #6 that is very, very bizarre… reminding me of the way William Holman repeatedly beat himself up two years ago “as a jackass” and wanting to crawl into a hole and put a rock on top. The zoom camera effects and voice-over work following James’ departure from the group of guys are interesting in that, while Drew is “technically” discussing James, we don’t hear “James” on the soundtrack. Instead we hear “he”… and “he” is mentioned only when Drew himself is on screen.

“I just don’t get it. (Drew shown talking) I don’t get why she hasn’t slapped him and say ‘How dare you, you’re a pig. You’re an a**h***. You disgust me. You need to go home.’ (only Drew shown as he speaks) What does she see in him… (Brooks and Mike shown as Drew gets up)… that the rest of us don’t? He said it himself (fleeting shot of Brooks and Mike, but Drew emphasized again) … a win win would be Des and Bachelor (Chris and Zak shown just as Drew leaves over the words “win win”). It just doesn’t make any sense… to to… a normal person (Drew shown talking)

Drew uses the word “sense” a lot this season. As stated above, “I think Desiree is the perfect woman to fall in love with. She’s genuine, she’s real and I feel it will work and I feel it would make total sense.”

In episode #7, the double-date with Zak resembles Brooks marathon, but while Brooks is still jogging and not running yet, Drew and Zak are racing… not just physically in little cars but in their declarations of affection. Drew already tells her “I love you” and Zak is now “100% in love”, but still doesn’t blurt it out to her.

Zak

Zak shared Drew’s double date in Madeira, showing her a scrap book of pictures, thanks to the art bug he acquired in Barcelona. Included is his picture of the German mountain… a second mountain this episode; the first being the mountain climb with Brooks and their shared Cloud Nines. He says of Munich, kissing her: “Half of me was on the ground and half of me was, like, somewhere else”.

It does look like our funnyman muscleman may need a bit of help here. Then again, he is not the only one claiming to be in a “dream world” in Madeira. Desiree is telling us on her date with Brooks “Picture, like, the best dream you ever had”

Zak and Drew are the only two of the final five who got an intro in episode #1:

“My name’s Zak. I’m a drilling fluid engineer from Mico, Texas. Welcome to the hill country. (diving time) I’m 31 years old and I’m from the middle of nowhere. (Ahoy maties!) I moved up to New York City and I was working for a distressed hedge fund for all things, so I know I wanted to get into oil and gas and come back and, um, run with it. I get outta work, I come home and this place is 15 acres and I have to find creative ways to entertain myself. That’s for sure. (cue morning rooster call and black-bar covering his bare hin-ey.) It’s peaceful but it’s lonely and I’m having a hard time meeting the kind of girls I like. I’m attracted to people of a certain spirit that enjoy life as much as I do. I’m, like, really pumped it’s Desiree. That’s the kinda girl I can go for right there.”

Zak is full of surprises. If Brooks has the Larry connection, Zak has the Nick the magician connection, when she says she never knows what Zak has “up his sleeve”. (By the way… with so many “gotchas” this season, folks insisting that The Spoilers Must Not Be Questioned should take a trip down memory lane just to be 100% sure all of their bases are loaded and nothing happens out of left field: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Zak gave her a journal in episode #2 which showed he isn’t just That Shirtless Guy whom nobody would give him a towel in episode #1. (At least both he and the male model got their “black bars” in episodes #1 and #6 to keep them covered.) By Atlantic City, he was buying antique rings for her.

He was mostly friend zone as far as she was concerned… until Barcelona, when he was blessed with The Ryan/Trista Guitar Rift over these lines: “It is not just about time. It is also growing the relationships and I saw so many qualities in you that I’m really looking for: your adventurous spirit and how much fun you have every single day no matter what and your positive outlook on life is so similar to mine and I love that because you feel like have a joy in you, like you said about your mom, but you have it too. It does stand out and it’s nice to see.”

This guy is G-O-N-E: “I’m absolutely in love with this woman. There’s no doubt about it. I can finally say that and I don’t feel any sort of hesitation anymore.” To Desiree: “This is about falling in love and about marriage and, at this point of my life, you mean everything to me.”  Voice-over continuing: “It feels insanely good to be in love. Not just to be in love, but to be in love with a woman that is so incredible.”

Des: “A life with Zack would be so much fun. He’s never going stop being adventurous. He is never going to stop being curious… and I love that about him because that’s want I want in a husband. I trust him 100%. He’s never the type of guy who would ever think or say anything bad or even have the wrong intensions… and that’s completely different than what’s going on with James and, y’know, really questioning that relationship.”

Chris

In episode #7, Chris and Des toss the message bottle into the sea. Gee… will he eventually get eliminated like Lindzi, who also tossed a bottle to the sea during Ben’s season? Like Zak, he did get some “friend zone” talk back in episode #4, but she did tell the other Chris at rose ceremony time that she’s open minded and falling in love with him as well as Brooks.

OK… roughly 90% of the “spoiled” viewers are convinced he’s a Final Two Dumpee. I won’t argue with them. I wasn’t there at FRC, so I don’t know what happened. Nonetheless, the way he is being edited indicates that Desiree will have some explaining to do with her “final one”.

In her Munich sit down with Harrison, Desiree blushes and turns her head when asked if she found love and the subject quickly changes to kissing. Oh yeah… Brooks and Zak are the frontrunners there (and Brook fans have analyzed igloo smooch-time frame by frame while fanning themselves). That is, until Drew grabbed her into that dangerous dark alley and she temporarily forgot about Brooks and Zak. With James in Atlantic City, “we just look at each other and you just know we want to kiss”. She was hardly shy with Ben in the parked car as well.

She has never commented on kissing Chris apart from her poem reading, but when he commented kissing her in Munich, I am not quite sure he was just thinking about the kissing part: “I am slowly but certainly falling in love with Des and I think it’s mutual. She doesn’t have to say it. She can say it through her kisses. She can say it through her eyes. I know it is happening. This is real and this is happening.”

She, in turn, responds (same episode) with every Freudian word inserted imaginable: “Today was so hard on me but I'm so happy that it was Chris on this date and nobody else because I can trust Chris with my heart. He's supportive, he's kind, he's romantic… he's expressive. He's everything that I could want in a husband.”

Although Des tells Jackie, Catherine and Lesley that all of her remaining guys will make great lovers, she does show more confidence thinking of one “aspect” of Chris. Also this Chris line back in Munich always tickled me: “I don’t have to worry about any of the guys in the house. I don’t have to worry about what time I have to go to bed. I don’t have to worry about brushing my teeth. I don’t have to worry about anything.” What? Didn’t he go back to the bachelor apartment after his date? What would Jonathan (Mister "My love tank has not been depleted for years, and it’s steadily been building") have to say about this?

Don’t get me started with her poem to him ending with the line “And hopeful to see if in your heart, I have found a home.” (The next episode, he delivers the same line back to her.) In any case, since he already yelled at James that he’s 100% not here to be the Bachelor, don’t plan on seeing him next season. He is off the market regardless of his status.

Like JP and Roberto, Chris does have a jealous streak, saying twice this season “I don’t want to share my time with Des”. He tells the gnome in Munich “that’s my girl, man” just like Roberto told a statue in Lisbon he was jealous as Ali was photographed. By Madeira, “she’s all mine” and he is pretty certain that “she’s the one”… even telling her ILY in poem form. She already tells him in Madeira that she wants him to meet HER family (top two status) and, for his sake, we hope she is not making the same mistake AshLee accused Sean of.

The Problem: she also says Brooks “could be the one”... and she talks “finish line” with Chris Harrison.

During the Bryden drama, Chris said “the only thing that would make me upset about this is if Des comes back upset. Then I have to, like, completely change course and figure out to alleviate her pain.” Foreshadowing?

In any case, he already has a F1 theme repeated in two episodes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mike

“He’s everything I ever needed in my life”, so she says in the promo shown after episode #6.

Obviously he is not “final one” since he was dumped. Yet he has had more screen time than anybody else. Mike, of course, ratted out Ben, who may have stated some prejudiced comments about various “stuff” (none we are privy to). The discussion on the Easter service in the Munich 2 on 1 date brought up potential religious issues that needed addressed and weren’t... a key reason Ben left despite her potentially having stronger feelings for him than Mike.

The passionate attorney was even searching for the penny she tossed in the fountain when she first met Sean last season! No penny left unturned is his motto. Desiree has shown zero interest in this guy physically, but she is as dependent on him as Jillian was Tanner her season, a major source for information “in the house”. Des calls him “outspoken”… and he even says (play on words) “just like when you’re falling in love, there are things that are just out of your control”. With Mike, she feels free from all of her inhibitions, including going down the hill in a toboggan.

Yet he isn’t all about conflict and freedom. Like Zak and Desiree (during her date with Brooks), Mike is suffering the “dreams come true” stigma. He too brings up The Rollercoaster mentioned above in Brooks and James’ dates.

As with Brooks’ date in Hollywood, he and Des discuss heartbreak. However, the conversation is more one-sided here. Desiree explains to herself with Brooks that heartbreak means “Then it means I wasn’t meant to be with that person”. She doesn’t get into the meaning behind heartbreak with Mike. Instead his mother replaces Desiree telling him on a cell phone “It’s not meant to be” as he rides the limo away from the rose ceremony. This after his heart exploded in his chest.

Des: “It’s nice to know, after being heartbroken, he can be hopeful again. I know that he can fall again.”
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:05 am

Episode 8: Edit Odds & Ends…

Oh Mister Fleiss. Stop picking our brains and allow them time to heal first

I had a dream last night…

.. and Desie was struggling a bit following Zak’s dream (melting into sand and getting snowed on, popping kids, etc.) but she really dug it. “We both want to make the most out of every moment.” (Penguins giving out the snow-cones to the kiddies.)

Sister is concerned Zak might get heartbroken.

Yet we find out that Zak made it past the friend zone. His ring from Atlantic City got a very sad reaction from her. I was fully expecting her to return it at rose ceremony time, but the emotion in his eyes was so strong that you just knew the end of this episode wouldn’t be easy to sit through.

Then again, he could become Bachelor.

Key critter on Zak’s hometown: honey bee pollinating the flowers. I thought that was sweet. After all, Des tells the kids there is plenty of sugar in the snow cone truck.

“I want to join Drew’s family right now. I want to stay”

… and why not? His sister Melissa is an angel.

Des can’t stop making out with Cutie Pie Drew. I noticed that she pokes him a lot like the Pillsbury Dough Boy just to get him to giggle.

Mom is concerned Drew might get heartbroken… and it is easy to see why. He is as “into” Des as Zak is. He tells his family he fell for her right out of the limo in night #1! “Rush of exhilaration” is Drew’s favorite line this night. At least both mom and dad support his decision to propose to her.

Key critter on Drew’s hometown: Arizona desert cottontail bunny… probably with butterflies in his tummy. Drew is our star Butterfly Boy, y’know.

"It is important for Chris' family to love me because they can have influence on how he feels."

Why? If you don’t choose him, you should care less if his family loves you.

Actually this was the promo quote. How it was worded on the show was like this: “Knowing how much Chris’ family’s opinion means to him, it is important for Chris’ family to love me… so he can feel comfortable with moving forward in our relationship.”

What? So you can then dump him? Or not… *chuckle chuckle*

In any case, Chris is confident that they will fall for her… 100%. (JP loved saying 100% on his hometown date in Long Island, New York.)

I do think Chris is too confident thinking Desiree’s sketchbook of their journey was an experience “only her and I share”. After all, she also wrote some sort of “list” for Brooks on his hometown.

The daddy/son talk was definitely different… getting those nasal passages worked on. We saw it all before the season in that surreal youtube video when the sleuthers were seeking info on all of the guys. At least George straightened Desiree’s back before having the talk with her.

FINALLY! Chris gets THE GUITAR RIFT a.k.a. Ryan & Trista Sutter… it’s about time!

This music starts when Becky gives Des the approval (after Des practically states that she sees Chris as the father of her children). The word “smitten” is borrowed from the Ashley Hebert/Ilene Rosenbaum talk two years ago. Becky tells Chris that Desiree is a strong woman (a quality missing in his heartbroken experience before), she is welcomed to their family and “everybody is on the same page”. She voice-overs again “When you truly love your children, you want the best for them.”

The guitar rift keeps playing nonstop as Chris and Des kiss by the mini-van as Des voice-overs “I’m a little sad to say goodbye to Chris. I don’t want to leave yet. It is so great to see his family and the day went so well. He has everything there that I’m looking for. There’s definite husband potential in Chris and it is so amazing.”

Now… Chris already said back in episode #6 that he is 100% NOT here to be the Bachelor so I think it is rather unnecessary for Des to go on and on like that… but who knows what that little devil Mike Fleiss is up to.

Didn’t see any critters on Chris’ date. Kinda unfair if you ask me.

“Knowing how much Brook’s family’s opinion means to him, I really need their approval.”

Are you and Brooks going to do something-something Mumsie and Dad won’t approve of?

I must confess that Brooks had the BEST entrance in his hometown. He emerges on top of a hill like Paul Bunyan. Larger than life. He is probably better looking in his scruff this episode than any previous. Des tells him she is only skipping today. What? I thought she was at the finish line.

Brooks says they are “on the same page” (gee… we hear these words a lot this season) in how they feel for each other, their openness and communication.

My favorite “moment” on her rolled up list for Brooks: fireworks in our face, romantic but dangerous

Brooks says he is still trying to “figure out” his feelings for her, but Des understands that he is “up and down” on this journey. Most importantly, she wants Brooks to be confident and comfortable moving forward with his feelings. Mom Janice sees that the happy couple have a “kinda love look” that she finds very tender. His brother asks him “Can she hang with you?”

Ugh… the word “walls” again. Brooks has them. Ben Flajnik had them before meeting Ashley Hebert… as did Brad Womack before meeting Ashley Hebert.

His family, according to Des, has “energy out of this world”. Good thing they all wore name tags on.

Brook’s hometown critter: a mallard duck he humorously commented on. It was a male following the female's lead. This was before the two of them fell in the lake.

Nate Grilling Time:

In the “coming up” preview, we see Brooks walking with Chris Harrison during the voice-over of Nate’s line: “What’s not meant to be is not meant to be.” This is an interesting edit because Brook’s solo date under the Hollywood sign in episode #2 had him discussing heartbreak with her… and she stated to Brooks that, when heartbreak happens, “then it means I wasn’t meant to be with that person”. How this will fit into Brook’s storyline is not clear… yet.

In her sit-down with Nate, she mentions that Zak shares a similar outlook as she does, being adventurous. Drew is sweet and lights up a room. Chris would make a good husband and a good father. With Brooks, “we’re just in the moment and it is really nice”. This establishes each guy’s role in her eyes. Is she seeking a husband or just wants to be “in the moment”? Other Bachelors and Bachelorettes wanted to just “be in the moment”. Perhaps Des just wants that too?

Rose Ceremony

Harrison Time: I don’t take these seriously. Ashley was all Bentley Bentley Bentley for several episodes… and Ali was all Frank Frank Frank in these. Of course Des being confident that Brooks will propose at the end of this may mean he’s “the one”.

…or not. No telling what the Fleissmeister is up to.

All of the guys get lines of doom from her voice-overs:
Chris: “say goodbye to someone”
Drew: “person going home tonight”
Zak gets the only favorable line: “here for one man”
Brooks gets “nothing is holding me back from finding my husband”, followed by a peeping tom Nate in the doorway.

Rose ceremony, Brooks, Chris and Drew get called.
Chris is standing where past F1s Jef, JP and Jesse were (along with Reid and Frankie)
Zak stands where past F1s Ed, Roberto and “F1” Graham were.

Zak leaves… and it is painful to watch. He is shocked and so are we by how deep his feelings are. Throwing the ring out of the limo! Mark my word: he will be The Star at Men Tell All getting next lead promotion.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 pm

I forgot to post last week's here, so adding it here as well.

The Bad Boys Tell Nothing Show: Editing Odds & Ends

Orange and green bad boys at that. They have such awful lighting on these shows. Zak was one of the good ones, so he looked sunburn golden instead.

No Brian. No surprise. There is always one who doesn’t attend because Mike Fleiss probably has additional “goods” on him, prompting him to decline. This gives Des and her fellow catty ex Bachelorettes all a chance to chew him out. Ali particularly enjoyed her self.

As for the rest of the drama: We never get the TRUE back story. The guys attending are all following the script as to what to fuss about on screen.

At the very start, Zak gets Harrison’s line of “most memorable men of the season”. No question which one HE wants for the next lead. I noticed that the party houses Harrison and Hartsock crashed had a larger percentage of guys attending for a change. Sean’s audience was probably 95% female. No doubt the viewing audience will be back to that level when/if equally shirtless Zak is the lead.

Not to be outdone, Juan got more screen time today than most of the season. I guess they need a “man in waiting” in case Zak and the final three are unavailable. Zak even promoted him for his daddy skills as the others, Dan in particular, attack Ben for his. (Yeah… Dan, where were you on the main show?) Juan also got a hot seat sit-down and a video montage, complete with “windows” showing sobbing female audience members watching (?!). There were even fans sporting “I heart Juan Pablo” T-shirts. Hmmmm… looks like Zak has competition.

No point getting into Ben sitting in the hot seat. Nothing discussed (apart from Dan meeting his ex in Las Vegas) that we haven’t heard before.

Ben: “Y’know… I’m a very aggressive person. Always have been. When it comes to pursuin’ a woman… where I’m from, you pursue ‘em pretty hard.”

With the guys (before Des arrived to wage battle), the drama of James seemed pumped up to be more than it is. Oh there’s a backstory that is NOT being told here. He definitely has an agenda against Drew and Kasey… and he and Mickey sure had an opinion about Brooks being their “opposite type” (whatever that is). Bro-buddy Mike wasn’t happy hearing their snide comments.

Kasey to Mickey T: “You are on the cover of US WEEKLY because your boy [James] threw you under the bus…”

Juan Pablo: “To be honest with you. I like James, but my daughter or my sister I don’t want to date James right now. If he becomes a good James, I’m happy with it. But right now… no my daughter, no my sister.”

By the way, James looked red on screen. Bad lighting. Very bad. I think they use different kinds over each guy.

Hey! My man Jonathan got Clorox’s Most Bleachable Moment.

Re-watching Des’ scenes in Zak’s loooooong montage, I forgot how often she wore black and white jail stripes on her dates with him. Sometimes she looked like a honey bee. His sit-down with Harrison was otherwise basic Sean Lowe 2.0. Harrison’s “I see the emotion in your eyes watching that night” (i.e. of your exit). Keep up the promotion, Guy Smiley! (All joking aside, I will be happy with either Zak or Juan as long as they keep me awake all season.)

Without further delay, Desirrrray! Gee. Harrison is a poet and doesn’t know it.

Des vs. James… oh yeah! Great battle. May need to rewatch that one a couple times.

Zak made Des cry with his guitar playing. Yup. Once again, Juan Pablo will have to wait next season out.

Bryden in his all white shirt just got peekaboo face shot service like Zack K. On the other hand, he got more extensive blooper footage than anybody else. Not that it was all the high comedy that Harrison was promoting each and every commercial break. Chris had a prominent scene, the only one of the top three guys. In the past Men Tell All show, F1 is always shown in key blooper reels scenes.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Finale Part 1: She’s boating! And weeping!

In many ways, this episode resembled Ali/Frank (fantasy date) and Ashley/Bentley (episodes #3 through #6). Although we remember these seasons for the “end results” (i.e. Roberto & JP), we got the same amount of tears. The only difference this season is that the spoilers are still chirping Brooks as F1 as if she accepts him back. Yet Ali’s season was all about her choosing nobody on account of Frank too.

Too much Drew and Brooks in the recaps and very little Chris. All about drama! drama! drama!... and specifically about guys leaving. At least the top three are given their separate little journeys.
1.) Masculine qualities for Chris. EVERYTHING she is looking for in a husband. Go boy!
2.) Drew is passionate and romantic… Mr. Rocketship. He will be a great husband… but for whom?
3.) Brooks is on Cloud 9. Set apart from the other guys. Building up him as better than Wonder Bread. One of kind. She can picture him as hubbie too.

Drew’s date starts at a windmill just as Desiree starts getting a little windy in her monologue. Hey! He got his picture taken so he can compete with Brooks (bridal shop) and Chris (Munich). She sure “pictures” a lot with Drew and Brooks. Also both guys keep saying “in the moment” a lot. Even if Drew is genuine in his affections, this type of talk makes their relationship seem fleeting.

On the other hand, he also says he found his soul mate. In the fantasy date nighttime, Drew says he hasn't had good mornings yet. Just good nights. (Curious play on words.) He has had crazy feelings for eternity. His date was judged online by Robert Mills as the steamiest, but the AC might not have been working too… so… while I am not suggesting there wasn’t other “heat” going on, we do have to question this on occasion since it WAS the case in some tropical dates of the past.

Chris’ fantasy date felt more staged and less “natural” than his Madeira one. Yet you can sum it up in one word. Vibrant. He keeps saying she makes him feel vibrant. Matt White was heard a third time this season. She wants to be 100% alone with him.

Later when commenting on both him and Drew before Brooks’ arrival, she comments on what all Chris does for her as she pulls up her shorts. Hmmm…

Brooks’ departure scene with Mister Harrison went on a looong time. Nice touch though that they recycled Bentley’s breakup music when he ditched Ashley. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although the feelings are genuine, she does love him and is heart-broken, I suspect that this was slightly set up to show the Hartsock family and others who know her well. We know from episode #2 that a past boyfriend did exactly the same thing Brooks did... and as Nate says after the hometowns "what is not meant to be is not meant to be." Under the Hollywood sign, she foreshadowed this scene in startling detail: “Then that means I wasn’t meant to be with that person.” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So… will she still be mourning after Brooks at the end of this? Maybe. Maybe not.

Here she talks to Jimmy Kimmel post-show about Brooks.

JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:41 pm

nd4reality wrote:JBF - let me come to the edit thread to congratulate you on the read of the edit this season. You did not let up and need to be commended for that.

Good Job man !

Awww thanks! I was debating whether or not to even bother with last night's show since it all was pretty self explanatory, BUT... if we need a quickie recap...

Finale/ATFR quickie

They built upon all of the themes of the season, the most important being this: she needed to get over her tendency to go after guys who can't love her back and needed to see what was presented right in front of her. Brooks was her "therapy" as predicted under the Hollywood sign back in episode #2 when both discussed that heartbreak means "it is not meant for me to be with that person".

In a way Brooks = Arie (who had to "exorcise" the ghost of Ricky with his race car connection) = Bentley (getting Ashley through her phobia of guys leaving) = Frank (another not "loving me back" despite Ali chirping she "fell head over heels for him")

Her sob in the red dress, during Chris' LCD, was all about her real issue: It wasn't that she couldn't give the same "love" she gave Brooks to Drew and Chris. The problem was that she is still struggling HOW to return any love to others in general because she never felt loved herself, so to speak. Brooks had to be her "therapy" through this and it was hardly surprising that she kept telling Harrison at ATFR about it all being about The Experience... that is, the break-up with Brooks... rather than Brooks himself.

I mean... technically Brooks did nothing wrong except leave a bit late in the game. He was a perfect gentleman otherwise, like Bryden... until he interrupted Chris' date in Munich to leave abruptly as well. I did not get the sense she was all that "into" Brooks during their sit-down at ATFR, being hardly coy in telling him things were great after he left... and apologizing for the knife-in-the-back insinuation Harrison joked about. If she STILL harbored feelings for Brooks, we would have seen a lot more in her body language.

I think her stopping Chris at FRC to tell him about Drew and her Brooks "blindside" was probably encouraged by the producers to add an extra dose of suspense and keep HIM on edge. After all, he still thought Drew was in the game. The reaction he gave, looking away from her when he thought she was ready to dump him was upsetting to watch. You could see how invested he was in her.

Likewise, Nate was probably told by somebody to bring up Brooks with her, since she barely discussed him in their previous meeting after hometowns. In fact, I am not sure he was even remotely aware of who Brooks was, despite that shot of him "spying" on him as Harrison was bringing the guys in for the 8th rose ceremony. (Ditto situation: Chrystie questioning Ashley if she is "too much" for JP in Vomo, Fiji... something I long suspected was "handler encouraged".)

It is clear Desiree still has some hang-ups (don't we all?), so Chris himself has to play therapist to a degree. He was confident she was not like his previous girlfriend when he talked to his mother at hometown, but she may not be as independent and self confident as he may have thought previously. Therefore, we... and Chris himself... had to watch this show unfold so he could see that other side of her: the girl who is still a bit insecure with herself. (Ditto: JP had to see the Bentley saga play out since his family was fearful of him repeating the heartbreak experience again himself and he needed to see that Ashley was capable of going through... and understanding... the same emotions.)

Poor Drew didn't do much this episode. He was cut too early before having a chance. I thought it was interesting how his stylist tried to make him look, on ATFR, as much like Reid Rosenthal on Jillian's ATFR as possible. Practically the same hair too.

Her body language on ATFR was a little nervous. She is a cross-legger at all times, even with Chris on the couch. Chris kept massaging her shoulder with a "we'll be outta here soon" look. Of course, both looked more relaxed here:

JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*Spoiler Free* Editing, VOs & PIs and The Fleissmeister's Storyline

+3
MVMom39forever
albean99
JBF
7 posters
Permissions in this forum: