SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 21 of 52 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by agentcurls Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Also, when Des and Brooks were driving to Hollywood sign, he did say "s***!" or something to that effect. It was bleeped out.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Piper61 Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Brooks did have something bleeped out on the drive from the mansion, but I thought it was Drew who makes the POS statement, not Brooks.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Piper61 wrote:Brooks did have something bleeped out on the drive from the mansion, but I thought it was Drew who makes the POS statement, not Brooks.

If you listen really closely, I believe those are two separate statements spliced together - Drew goes off on James, and then it cuts to a voiceover, and voices actually may not match up. (Not conclusively, but I lean toward the second part of the statement being Brooks.)

Last edited by freelancergirl on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm

agentcurls wrote:Also, when Des and Brooks were driving to Hollywood sign, he did say "s***!" or something to that effect. It was bleeped out.

It happens (if he has sworn—I can't say I've noticed). It doesn't mean he's inactive. Totally, anyway. I swear sometimes. Sometimes that's just a weakness of people. Doesn't really point to one thing or another.

He could stay in a different room from Des in Antigua. There are ways about everything.

It wouldn't be hard to be an active Mormon and be on that show. You just live your beliefs and they respect it. End of story.

I really haven't seen much to suggest he's one way or the other. Like I said, he looks more like someone who isn't active at the moment, but then again, Jef totally looks like an active Mormon and he was proudly not. So, you just can't say.

Point is, disliking the vulgarity is something a Mormon would do. And if the guy was being a POS, well, like I said, that might just slip out even if you're active or partly active (like me). Sometimes it's fun to be bad and swear. Sometimes it's an innocuous way to rebel. But vulgarity is more than just swearing. Vulgar is what James is, how he is, how he talks, how he views his position in Chicago and how he talks about women. That's vulgarity.

Some people are practically perfect, but most of the time active and somewhat active Mormons (like me) are just as human as everybody else and have their weaknesses.

Maybe, if he's not going to church (which is what active means) he's still active in his heart.

One rumor from someone who supposedly knows him is that he was active as of two years ago. He went to the person's single's ward (where singles go to go to church and meet other singles at the same time). It's kind of a dating ward. They said they didn't know if he's active now or not. They lost touch with him. So, if he's not, it's just recent, and most likely he's probably an in-betweener, like me. Active in some ways, struggling in others. I think most honest Mormons fall into that category. The practically perfect ones should just be translated.

Last edited by canyonvue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for your insight! He is drinking on the show...had glass of red wine sitting next to James in the last episode. Also there's an image of him looking tipsy on Instagram from a Vegas trip with heading...."some people just can't handle Vegas". giggling Just think we need adjust the rose colored glasses a little. Hugesmile not that any of this matters was just curious.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:54 pm

sfrank wrote:He drinking on the show...had glass of red wine sitting next to James in the last episode. Also there's an image of him looking tipsy on Instagram from a Vegas trip with heading...."some people just can't handle Vegas". :giggling:Also weekend is a no-no but overnight is ok? And yeah he swore. Just think we need adjust the rose colored glasses a little. Hugesmile

Was he actually drinking it? It could be something else. Maybe cranberry juice. giggling

Even if he's struggling with some things it doesn't mean he doesn't believe. Everyone struggles with something. Everyone has weaknesses. Maybe he's trying new things. He may be in an in-between phase at the moment, but that doesn't mean he's totally abandoned it. I don't know if he drinks or not, but like I said, he looks like someone who may be struggling right now. I think everyone goes through that at some point in their life. He could still very much view himself as Mormon and it's still very much a part of him. He even chose to live in the most Mormon place in the world of all the places he could've gone. Even I wanted to get away from here and I'm Mormon. I moved to KC to get away. The climate here, IMO, can be stifling for those who are struggling or for those who are just a little bit rebellious and likes more diversity, like me.

Still, I live the beliefs. My weakness is swearing and just really not liking to go to church. I'm still Mormon, would stand behind it and for it if I had to. I'd say Brooks MIGHT be in that category (who knows, he could go to church religiously every week). He seems like a great guy and in some ways displays his beliefs in his life more than Jef.

I'd like to know the answer: active, or not, or somewhere in between, where is he? Maybe someday.

Last edited by canyonvue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 pm

canyonvue wrote:
sfrank wrote:He drinking on the show...had glass of red wine sitting next to James in the last episode. Also there's an image of him looking tipsy on Instagram from a Vegas trip with heading...."some people just can't handle Vegas". :giggling:Also weekend is a no-no but overnight is ok? And yeah he swore. Just think we need adjust the rose colored glasses a little. Hugesmile

Was he actually drinking it? It could be something else. Maybe cranberry juice. giggling

Even if he's struggling with some things it doesn't mean he doesn't believe. Everyone struggles with something. Everyone has weaknesses. Maybe he's trying new things. He may be in an in-between phase at the moment, but that doesn't mean he's totally abandoned it. I don't know if he drinks or not, but like I said, he looks like someone who may be struggling right now. I think everyone goes through that at some point in their life. He could still very much view himself as Mormon and it's still very much a part of him. He even chose to live in the most Mormon place in the world of all the places he could've gone. Even I wanted to get away from here and I'm Mormon. I moved to KC to get away. The climate here, IMO, can be stifling for those who are struggling or for those who are just a little bit rebellious and likes more diversity, like me.

Maybe Brooks could have said he was raised as a Mormon to the guys and Michael took creative license to that comment to push a point with Ben.

Last edited by BarbB222 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I really don't think it matters...everyone is human.

Last edited by sfrank on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm

sfrank wrote:I really don't think it matters...everyone is human.

True but that topic always garners attention. Oh Michael for opening up that can of worms.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

BarbB222 wrote:
sfrank wrote:I really don't think it matters...everyone is human.

True but that topic always garners attention. Oh Michael for opening up that can of worms.

Oh yeah! Prior to the bachelorette I was obsessed with that Jodi Arias trial. Learned a lot about Mormonism and the pressure of tempations. It's a hot topic!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 pm

BarbB222 wrote:
canyonvue wrote:

Maybe Brooks could have said he was raised as a Mormon to the guys and Michael to creative license to that comment to push a point with Ben.

I'm sure they talked about it at some point. They have a lot of time to talk. Maybe before that time, but maybe it was when they were going to go to that church. I'm sure Michael didn't know that just because Brooks said it just to catch Ben. Brooks does NOT seem the type to deny or hide who he is if the subject comes up. He doesn't seem as rebellious as Jef, that's for sure. He seems like a generally very humble guy.

We just really don't know anything for sure, other than he was raised Mormon, his family is Mormon, he's chosen to stay near them, and the rumors that he's been active, or at least trying to be active, pretty recently. I'm not going to assume anything. But if he is in-between, everyone goes through a struggling period. Going on the show doesn't prove he's inactive. Swearing, if he has, doesn't prove he's inactive (just imperfect). Drinking, if he has, shows he's probably somewhat inactive or struggling. Going away for the weekend can be worked around (stay different places). Staying in a room for one night can be worked around (tell the audience you're only there to talk). Mormons have to be pretty creative in this world.

Edit: Oh, I was going to say that the fact that he's willing to date a girl who is not LDS and who takes the name of the Lord in vain does lean toward a guy who isn't totally active, I think. Maybe he's just desperate to find someone (he said so much, really, doesn't want the uncomfortable talks across the table anymore), maybe he's just adventurous and willing to careen off cliffs, thinking he won't really fall or get hurt, but it could also be an indicator that he's been living a little bit on the wild side.

Last edited by canyonvue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm

canyonvue wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Actually for die hard fans/sleuthers who in past seasons hound dogged this info it is extremely surprising nothing has been heard regarding secret get-aways or even speculation regarding such.

Maybe he isn't getting away. He is Mormon, after all. If he's an active Mormon then he's not going to want to get away and spend a weekend with a woman, unmarried. It's a big no-no. It's just not right or good in our books. Maybe they're just maintaining a long distance relationship until they can date out in the open.

In really doubt that they have not met up since the show ended. They could barely keep their hands off each other in the igloo motel. I am sure since they are engaged they do want to be together face to face.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 52 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom