SELECT CONTENT

Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 am

Beeleever wrote:
nutty1 wrote:People are amazed that some of the guys are already expressing their undying love for Des, and at the same time, saying Brooks is disinterested.
I personally think Brooks is the wise one, approaching this as realistically as possible while in the bubble.
I also think there was a lot of producer prodding with the other guys and their declarations of love.

Yes, yes and yessssss! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yes again from me.

I know it happens every season, but some of the guys just seem too over the top in how they say they are feeling for Des and cheapens the words somewhat. Maybe its the lack of cocktail parties, since I feel like I've barely seen her and Drew together.

I do think Brooks is going through this cautiously at this point. I think the caution shows he has strong feelings. It's not just fun and games anymore and I think that's why he seemed different this date - not disinterested but carefully weighing his and Des' feelings and trying to assess if this could be a real relationship. I think he's feeling suspicious of things as he's seen behind the curtain of how the show is made. He seems so sensitive that I'm sure he wants to guard himself against getting really hurt. I think you can see on his face how much it means to him when she says it was one of her best days ever, and that she is running. I also think he communicates a lot to her with how he looks at her and how he's affectionate with her. They both look so comfortable all cuddled up together, and they were much of the date, like they never wanted to let go.

Genuine actions speak much louder than exaggerated words in my book.

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:40 am

treschicas wrote:
Beeleever wrote:What I also find interesting is this:

Chris, Drew and Zak are getting a lot of negative feedback for saying they are in love or falling in love with Des before the HTD's.

Where is the same criticism of Des for saying she is in love with Brooks before the HTD? She has had 2 1:1 dates with him and little snippets during a few more group dates.

I'm not passing judgement or saying one is right and one is wrong. Just wondering about the double standard. [/quote

Are people criticizing the guys for telling Des they are in love with her or just that they are telling the cameras and announcing it and even thinking it? Des didn't tell Brooks she was in love with him did she?
No, I don't think so, but Drew and Zack never actually said to Des that they love her. The only one who did so far is Chris. Drew said that he's falling or has fallen for her but never actually said straight on to her that he loves her.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am

Rewatching Drew's 1-1 time at the 2-1, after they talk about his sister, before the kiss:

"I've never had these feelings before"
"I've fallen in love with you".
then during the kiss "I've fallen for you"

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 am

sophienette wrote:Rewatching Drew's 1-1 time at the 2-1, after they talk about his sister, before the kiss:

Sorry to be dumb Sophie but was it Des or Drew who says this?
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

I am not Sophie, but Drew said that.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

sophienette wrote:Rewatching Drew's 1-1 time at the 2-1, after they talk about his sister, before the kiss:

Sophie Could you find out what the date card for Brooks said?
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 am

Chris, Drew and Zak are getting a lot of negative feedback for saying they are in love or falling in love with Des before the HTD's.

Where is the same criticism of Des for saying she is in love with Brooks before the HTD? She has had 2 1:1 dates with him and little snippets during a few more group dates.

I'm not passing judgement or saying one is right and one is wrong. Just wondering about the double standard.

I think there's a difference between the lead's situation and the suitors', since the lead has the power to choose, while the suitor is "competing" for "the only hamburger in the store". Therefore, it's never really clear how much a declaration of love from the suitor is influenced by the desire to "win" (and with the brainwashing, sometimes the suitors themselves aren't even aware how much is "love" and how much is wanting to be the winner).

That said, the truth is at this point, none of them have really fallen in "deep love". Even the couples who have ultimately made it have all admitted that the really deep feelings for each other didn't happen until after the show was over, and once they are in THAT place, they are able to realize/differentiate that what they felt on the show was "less than", really no more than infatuation and the start of love. But whatever you call what Des is feeling for Brooks at this point in filming, I think she is too "into him", and prefers him too much over the other guys (all of whom she has seen enough of for comparison's sake) to make an "about face" now and try to make it work with someone else, should he leave and not come back.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 am

ironcat wrote:

I'm not passing judgement or saying one is right and one is wrong. Just wondering about the double standard.

I think there's a difference between the lead's situation and the suitors', since the lead has the power to choose, while the suitor is "competing" for "the only hamburger in the store".  Therefore, it's never really clear how much a declaration of love from the suitor is influenced by the desire to "win" (and with the brainwashing, sometimes the suitors themselves aren't even aware how much is "love" and how much is wanting to be the winner).

That said, the truth is at this point, none of them have really fallen in "deep love".  Even the couples who have ultimately made it have all admitted that the really deep feelings for each other didn't happen until after the show was over, and once they are in THAT place, they are able to realize/differentiate that what they felt on the show was "less than", really no more than infatuation and the start of love.  But whatever you call what Des is feeling for Brooks at this point in filming, I think she is too "into him", and prefers him too much over the other guys (all of whom she has seen enough of for comparison's sake) to make an "about face" now and try to make it work with someone else, should he leave and not come back.

Maybe, Brooks' 'zero guys' thing does happen until Brooks comes back? Because, I agree it doesn't make sense for her to be so set on Brooks to the point she takes the risk of taking him to Final 3 knowing he could still break her heart and then turn around and pick someone else.

Then again, I never get this show most of the time.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am

atem wrote:

No reply so far (DM him, dont think they want to say)

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

sophienette wrote:
atem wrote:

No reply so far (DM him, dont think they want to say)

Thanks sophie. I find that really interesting. They are something else.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 am

atem wrote:
ironcat wrote:

I think there's a difference between the lead's situation and the suitors', since the lead has the power to choose, while the suitor is "competing" for "the only hamburger in the store".  Therefore, it's never really clear how much a declaration of love from the suitor is influenced by the desire to "win" (and with the brainwashing, sometimes the suitors themselves aren't even aware how much is "love" and how much is wanting to be the winner).

That said, the truth is at this point, none of them have really fallen in "deep love".  Even the couples who have ultimately made it have all admitted that the really deep feelings for each other didn't happen until after the show was over, and once they are in THAT place, they are able to realize/differentiate that what they felt on the show was "less than", really no more than infatuation and the start of love.  But whatever you call what Des is feeling for Brooks at this point in filming, I think she is too "into him", and prefers him too much over the other guys (all of whom she has seen enough of for comparison's sake) to make an "about face" now and try to make it work with someone else, should he leave and not come back.

Maybe, Brooks' 'zero guys' thing does happen until Brooks comes back?  Because, I agree it doesn't make sense for her to be so set on Brooks to the point she takes the risk of taking him to Final 3 knowing he could still break her heart and then turn around and pick someone else.  

I've always thought it could go down to Zero for a moment. After all, why did they leave that in there? And, to me, it makes no sense for her to take 2 guys to F2 when her heart is elsewhere.

I think that first spoiler could've been wrong. It is Chris and Drew who are gone and then Brooks becomes F1. Now that makes sense; because her being able to change her heart just like that doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

canyonvue wrote:
atem wrote:
ironcat wrote:

Maybe, Brooks' 'zero guys' thing does happen until Brooks comes back?  Because, I agree it doesn't make sense for her to be so set on Brooks to the point she takes the risk of taking him to Final 3 knowing he could still break her heart and then turn around and pick someone else.  

I've always thought it could go down to Zero for a moment. After all, why did they leave that in there? And, to me, it makes no sense for her to take 2 guys to F2 when her heart is elsewhere.

I think that first spoiler could've been wrong. It is Chris and Drew who are gone and then Brooks becomes F1. Now that makes sense; because her being able to change her heart just like that doesn't.

I'm really leaning towards this as my guess.  At F2 of Drew and Chris maybe Drew goes or is let go early.  Chris is let go at FRC.  Brooks and Des somehow reconcile afterwards maybe at FRC, may completely after it's done.  I just hope we get to see them spend a bit of time together, not just a grand reuniting and cut to credits,  especially if there is no FD (which I'm still hoping there is before the meltdown, but not counting on it).

ETA this would fit the screen caps - of course there are none of Brooks return because that would rui n the suspense.

Last edited by relaxing on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 7 - 7/08 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+61
SueSt
iamreal2u
Beeleever
luvstx
agentcurls