SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:39 pm

There is a date that will be shown, according to previews, of her and Drew on horseback and then talking. So Drew will not be leaving at the 3 RC.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Jeepers Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Lithargic... LONG time no see ya .. Great ideas :)

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 pm

lithargic wrote:Hi to my old friends- been away for a long time.  I used to be a consultant to ABC and had friends who gave me inside information.  No more though.  Now just guessing like everybody else.  I think the episode will begin (after endless minutes reviewing last week) with the rose ceremony.  Chris and Drew will be wondering why Brooks isn't there.  Des is just about to tell them that Brooks left when (surprise surprise!) he shows up again!  He asks to talk to Des and begs for another chance...says he panicked but has always loved her...blah blah blah.  She says she will give him a chance to meet her family but only if he is open about whether he is truly ready to commit (blah blah blah).  She then  gives roses to him and Chris and says goodbye to Drew.

Wait are you guessing or is that info you got....guessing right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:04 pm

lithargic wrote:Hi to my old friends- been away for a long time.  I used to be a consultant to ABC and had friends who gave me inside information.  No more though.  Now just guessing like everybody else.  I think the episode will begin (after endless minutes reviewing last week) with the rose ceremony.  Chris and Drew will be wondering why Brooks isn't there.  Des is just about to tell them that Brooks left when (surprise surprise!) he shows up again!  He asks to talk to Des and begs for another chance...says he panicked but has always loved her...blah blah blah.  She says she will give him a chance to meet her family but only if he is open about whether he is truly ready to commit (blah blah blah).  She then  gives roses to him and Chris and says goodbye to Drew.

I would love if Brooks showed up that early and it was that easy. giggling 

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 pm

treschicas wrote:

Wait are you guessing or is that info you got....guessing right?
It has to be a guess because we know that both Chris and Drew gets LCDs.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey lethargic :WAVEY:  good to see you here again!

your guess is as good as any, but one thing though is that Drew seems to get an LCD, but maybe in fairness to the guys she might decide not to cut anybody and give all 3 an LCD and introduce them to her parents. Ya never know on this show laugh out loud

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Jeepers wrote:There are many different layers of feelings of love .. And they certainly can fluctuate quickly without a second thought

Exactly Jeepers! sometimes it takes something to jolt those feelings. One of my friends when she met her husband she said she didn't want him but
when another girl was talking about how fine he was and she better watch her back she realized what her feelings for him was, they've been married for about 20 yrs. The same with my daughter she didn't want this guy she worked with but when I was away in London her tune changed for some reason and now she's in a relationship with him.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm

[/quote]Yes!! Finally a voice of reason amid glasses of rose!![/quote]

For who? The way some think it's total crazy for anybody to give a person a second change. It's totally unheard of. That's the right attitude we should have in this world because no one should ever make a mistake or a wrong decission. So glad God isn't that way. As for it not working out for them, take a look at Jason and Molly. They will have to be strong like they were.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes!! Finally a voice of reason amid glasses of rose!![/quote]

For who? The way some think it's total crazy for anybody to give a person a second change. It's totally unheard of. That's the right attitude we should have in this world because no one should ever make a mistake or a wrong decission. So glad God isn't that way. As for it not working out for them, take a look at Jason and Molly. They will have to be strong like they were.[/quote]

Not sure it is an issue of giving a person a second chance. I think the skepticism comes with doing it in this reality show format in what literally is just a full few DAYS spent with that person. This is fantasy not reality. Who dates 25 guys at a time in these exotic locations? Initial feelings may develop but forming a solid bond emotionally takes time. I have been married for over 40 years and it still takes time, effort and lots of communication. Even on occasion I wonder now if this was the right person and I am sure he does too! Infatuation is what happens in this format. Most can't survive the real world. Just look at the stats. Every once in a blue moon a couple make it. I look at JP and Ashley. He is older and more mature than any of the guys this season. She is a pediatric dentist who graduated from Penn. it is a tough Ivy League school. She has book smarts, determination and common sense to get to where she is today. Those are the qualities in my opinion that made them a strong couple. The odds are not good that most will make it. Once the cameras go away and the laundry and back to work hit the infatuation ends and so does the engagement.

As much as I hate to see it I think Brooks will return, convince her to marry him, get engaged and it will last a few months. This entire season seems scripted to me and as much time as they spent on Brooks and the lack of him in the promos indicate they are just trying to mess with our minds. MF needed a pick me up in ratings and Brooks took the bait. I could very well be wrong but it sure feels like all this is a well choreographed soap opera. Again, JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 pm

So if you're on a reality show you shouldn't forgive or give out second chances. To me it doesn't matter whether reality tv or in the real it still applies.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 pm

pbmax wrote:So if you're on a reality show you shouldn't forgive or give out second chances. To me it doesn't matter whether reality tv or in the real it still applies.

NO! You should remember it is a fantasy/reality show and one should probably take their time and not make a lifelong decision in two months and actually spend time with that person. It has nothing to do with second chances. It has everything to do with common sense. That is where the disconnect is.

As far as forgiving if he is not into her it is not his fault and nothing to forgive. As far as giving out second chances if you don't mind drama and the odds against you she should go for it. Most couples aim for stability. I just don't see why I would take the gamble. Remember I am old, married and not into drama in my own life-:) All of us are different. This show, for ME, is a guilty pleasure. I don't take it that seriously. I just hope they all find closure.

My other guilty pleasure is the Daily Show. I love Jon Stewart although John Oliver has done well this summer but don't count on that as my source for news:Smiley: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 am

pbmax wrote:So if you're on a reality show you shouldn't forgive or give out second chances. To me it doesn't matter whether reality tv or in the real it still applies.

I really have not gotten into the show this season so have no favourites and a clear head. I am also well versed with how manipulated this show is and how they like to mess with everyone for the sake of creating drama. I am also aware that the odds of a relationship from this show working out are slim to none. Having said that, I don't have a problem with anything Brooks said or did. It is crystal clear that he is it for her this season. I can understand both and am sympathetic to both for what they were put through and for what they have yet to face once the show ends.

Specifically replying to your post...I have nothing against second chances...be it in real life or on this show, however, it is one thing to say "OK. Let's give it a go and date IRL to see if we can work things out." vs. "I've changed my mind in a few days. I was wrong before, I do love you, let's get engaged." If they had an ending similar to Jason and Molly...power to them, but, if after all this angst, they get engaged, then I really don't buy it and frankly, don't think much of either one of them. (And I don't buy the they had to do it for the sake of the show excuse.)

A couple of things really stand out for me which are things that give me pause about this couple and their ability to succeed in the future.

1. Des has said that she picks the wrong men and she always loves more and her feelings aren't reciprocated. Why does she make the same mistake over and over?...and Brooks is a classic example of a pattern repeating itself.

2. Brooks made up his mind on how he was feeling after clearly thinking about it, talking to his family and CH. He then told Des without even waiting to talk to her during the FD. He was confident about his feelings (or lack there of), and didn't feel the need to discuss things with her during their private time. That fact that he didn't discuss this with the person that it most effects (Des), bothers me. Once he talked to her, he is apparently switching gears again. If he talks to someone else...or comes here and reads our many and varied opinions...is he going to change his mind again?

I've been reading many different theories as to why he may change his mind and why she would/should/could take him back. Many think he is very sensitive, scarred by his father/his parents divorce, thoughtful, not made for this process, etc. The theories and the excuses just seem to get more elaborate. This happens every season around this time as people try to justify why their person will/should/could win. Inevitably the simple explanation is usually the correct one. One thing about MF and the producers, while they throw all kinds of drama our way to distract us from the simple truth, they also seem to lay out hints as to what they think of the people involved and the feasibility of the relationship working. From what I have observed, things aren't looking good this season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love