SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3

Page 38 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3

Post by atem Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 am

I don't know, because he was saying in that interview that I linked that he and Desiree didn't want the same things in a partner or did I read that wrong?

As for Desiree, the way I read it was that the proposal and the relationship after helped her get over Brooks.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 pm

What time does the full transcript come out?! I need to see that!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 pm

From what I am reading about Brooks, he is very stubborn in his thinking. When he makes a decision it's final. He does not seem to take in account extenuating circumstances after the fact. I am not sure that is a good thing always because he may miss out on a great opportunity. JMO of course.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:12 pm

iamreal2u wrote:What the darn does he mean by the bolded below? Does he mean he was almost there but needed more time.  So contradictory there.

sfrank wrote:Brooks article from people mag:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bachelorette's Brooks Forester: 'I Made the Right Decision'

In one of the most surprising moments in Bachelor history, standout suitor Brooks Forester left Desiree Hartsock blindsided when he said goodbye just days before the Bachelorette's final rose ceremony.

"I realized that when I was away from Des, I wasn't having these moments of anguish," he tells PEOPLE. "That was a big indicator to me that my feelings weren't there."

He says: "I wanted so badly for [the relationship] to work out, and it was so close I could almost touch it. But I needed to walk away. She deserved to be in love with someone who was equally in love with her."

Buzz abounded that the handsome former model would return, but, for his part, Forester says, "I made the right decision."

He adds, "It was hard and there were things I missed about Desiree right away. But I knew long term that it was right."

After their reunion at Monday's After the Final Rose taping, Forester gushed about the happy and newly betrothed couple. "During filming, I could see the way Des looked at Chris," he says. "Des came with the objective of finding love and so did Chris and they found that. I tip my hat to them."

Now, the 28-year-old sales rep is single and ready to dive back into the dating world. "I'm excited to begin the search again. I'll never give up on love. It's what I'm looking for, part of the pursuit of happiness."

He means he didn't want to leave and hurt her.
It seems so un guy like to do that before the FS.
But I guess he is just a really good guy?
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm

sfrank wrote:What time does the full transcript come out?! I need to see that!

When they put out all the press releases. Usually it's around 2 pm ET... sometimes earlier like 1 PM ET.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:20 pm

iamreal2u wrote:From what I am reading about Brooks, he is very stubborn in his thinking.  When he makes a decision it's final.  He does not seem to take in account extenuating circumstances after the fact.  I am not sure that is a good thing always because he may miss out on a great opportunity. JMO of course.

I agree and that's why I don't think he will be married any time soon.

I don't get why he didn't see what Desiree felt for him. He really must have been as blind as a bat or he's just coming up with an excuse.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Here In Ohio Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 pm

iamreal2u wrote:What the darn does he mean by the bolded below? Does he mean he was almost there but needed more time.  So contradictory there.

In one of the most surprising moments in Bachelor history, standout suitor Brooks Forester left Desiree Hartsock blindsided when he said goodbye just days before the Bachelorette's final rose ceremony.

"I realized that when I was away from Des, I wasn't having these moments of anguish," he tells PEOPLE. "That was a big indicator to me that my feelings weren't there."

He says: "I wanted so badly for [the relationship] to work out, and it was so close I could almost touch it. But I needed to walk away. She deserved to be in love with someone who was equally in love with her."

Buzz abounded that the handsome former model would return, but, for his part, Forester says, "I made the right decision."

He adds, "It was hard and there were things I missed about Desiree right away. But I knew long term that it was right."

After their reunion at Monday's After the Final Rose taping, Forester gushed about the happy and newly betrothed couple. "During filming, I could see the way Des looked at Chris," he says. "Des came with the objective of finding love and so did Chris and they found that. I tip my hat to them."

Now, the 28-year-old sales rep is single and ready to dive back into the dating world. "I'm excited to begin the search again. I'll never give up on love. It's what I'm looking for, part of the pursuit of happiness."

IMO.. He means he did not want to be with her but did not want to hurt her at the same time.

Here is another quote from him on that.. It makes me wonder WHEN he wanted out and how long they made him stay for their drama.

A report came out recently that said you regretted leaving Desiree almost immediately. Was that the case, and did you consider coming back?
"No, that was never an option. After making that decision, I felt like I made the right decision. I didn't have a moment where I felt I should go back and rehash things out with Desiree.
Were there immediately things I missed about her and was I sad to see that relationship come to a close? Yes. I think after the conversation in my interview with the producers I was upset and upset to see that relationship end, so that's the only place I could think it came from."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Just Here In Ohio

Female Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 pm

I know this is a trance song. I like a wide range of music. I'm mostly into alternative. But I do like some dance. This has no words, but to me this song expresses my feelings towards Brooks' and Des' story; the feelings, electricity, sadness, drama and beauty between them. This is what I'd play in the background during their break-up and their reunion at ATFR. Just thought I'd share. I love this song.

I just wanted to add that it's called "Icarus." Looked up Icarus and it's very fitting: The son of Daedalus, who escaped from Crete using wings made by his father but was killed when he flew too near the sun so that his wings melted and he plunged into the sea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judiful Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Adele1117 wrote:I know this is a trance song. I like a wide range of music. I'm mostly into alternative. But I do like some dance. This has no words, but to me this song expresses my feelings towards Brooks' and Des' story; the feelings, electricity, sadness, drama and beauty between them. This is what I'd play in the background during their break-up and their reunion at ATFR. Just thought I'd share. I love this song.

I just wanted to add that it's called "Icarus." Looked up Icarus and it's very fitting: The son of Daedalus, who escaped from Crete using wings made by his father but was killed when he flew too near the sun so that his wings melted and he plunged into the sea.

Got Ya.....This is just Perfect !!
Judiful
Judiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Just Here In Ohio wrote:

IMO..   He means he did not want to be with her but did not want to hurt her at the same time.

Here is another quote from him on that..  It makes me wonder WHEN he wanted out and how long they made him stay for their drama.

A report came out recently that said you regretted leaving Desiree almost immediately. Was that the case, and did you consider coming back?
"No, that was never an option. After making that decision, I felt like I made the right decision. I didn't have a moment where I felt I should go back and rehash things out with Desiree.
Were there immediately things I missed about her and was I sad to see that relationship come to a close? Yes. I think after the conversation in my interview with the producers I was upset and upset to see that relationship end, so that's the only place I could think it came from."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

This is a great interview of Brooks. I really like his honesty. Some of his answers made me laugh. I hope he finds great love.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by draven31 Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:54 pm

atem wrote:Ummm when was it that Brooks saw her from a his hotel with Desiree with a guy or her rolling around on the beach?  They didn't have any group dates on the beach.  

As for the ex, I already knew about her because of RS.  I could care less how 'gorgeous' she is or whatever.  

I'm just glad that Desiree found someone that truly loves her.  Thankfully, she didn't come out of this broken hearted and unloved.  

To the bolded I agree completely.  This is always the part I hate every single season. Those who cheered for a guy on the bachelorette ,that didn't not get chosen, turn on the lead. In this case Brooks broke Des , her heart and her spirit , walked away and did not look back.  We should any of us hold her happiness against her. Chris loves her and this is what she went on the show for. Brooks did not. Should she have lost out on another chance at love?

And for the record I dont see Chris as a rebound since she was dating both at the same time.
draven31
draven31

Female Posts : 897

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Boy it sure does sounds like he just needed a little more time.  I wonder if he would have been able to spend the whole day and nite with her if that would have been the extra little nudge he needed.  There was something there for him wanting it to work.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #3

+43
draven31
Pia1
Judiful
Just Here In Ohio
laurajeani