Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 7 of 52 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by glazedover Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:25 pm

It must be a difficult decision to leave in the middle of any show for all sorts of reasons, especially since she was surprised by her physical attraction to Juan Pablo. Once you are actually in the situation there are many pulls on you to stay. I commend her for breaking away and leaving at F6. I think she initially saw the show as a lark, not needing self-promotion (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the promotional aspect was a little tacky to her), and perhaps thought she would not last that long as she is quite different from the usual "Bachelor" pick. I think it's healthier to go on this show for the fun of it than to think you are actually going to find love. She seems like a nice person, so good for her for not letting it go too far.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by jojo47 Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 pm

There's been lots of speculation on this board around Sharleen. I'm hoping she does an interview. I, for one, would love to hear what she has to say about the whole experience, her motives, and her time with JP.
jojo47
jojo47

Posts : 2819
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Brill Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

@jojo47 wrote:There's been lots of speculation on this board around Sharleen. I'm hoping she does an interview. I, for one, would love to hear what she has to say about the whole experience, her motives, and her time with JP.

I totally agree with your post.  She is a breath of fresh air on this show. As she said some women would tell JP that they wanted his child like yesterday. She is realistic.. :yes: 
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3086
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by chloep Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:11 pm

@glazedover wrote:It must be a difficult decision to leave in the middle of any show for all sorts of reasons, especially since she was surprised by her physical attraction to Juan Pablo. Once you are actually in the situation there are many pulls on you to stay. I commend her for breaking away and leaving at F6. I think she initially saw the show as a lark, not needing self-promotion (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the promotional aspect was a little tacky to her), and perhaps thought she would not last that long as she is quite different from the usual "Bachelor" pick. I think it's healthier to go on this show for the fun of it than to think you are actually going to find love. She seems like a nice person, so good for her for not letting it go too far.

I agree full-heartedly, nothing about her strikes me as fake, phony or attention seeking.

She has been an internationally acclaimed opera singer long before this opportunity came along. She just gave it a go, not knowing a thing about JP or how the process "really" worked.
And, Why not? Best case scenario was that she was going to meet a great guy who she is going to fall in love with. This was unfortunately not the case for her. So, what?

I find it completely ridiculous how some idiots behave towards her on Twitter saying that she in an "ungrateful bitch", because she is tentative of her connection with JP. Like JP would be God's gift to women and she'd have to be ready to sign over her uterus and the next 50+ years of her life to him on on the very first night, just because he is the freaking Bachelor... Phhhhhllllease!

Let's not pretend that JP doesn't know that she is not really feeling it, and that he is still think of her as his F1. Phhhhllllease!...It's a numbers game.
I believe she would have made it to the HTD's, maybe even to the FD's, but definitely no further than that....

So why stick around if both of them are fully aware of the fact that their "break-up" is a matter of "when" not "if"?

I believe the physical attraction she felt towards JP and her friendship with the other girls is why she kept accepting the roses, despite knowing deep down that this was not going to work out for her. She isn't the first person to do so, and she sure as hell won't be the last one.



“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024
Join date : 2013-05-27

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:45 pm

2013
October 30 | December 27
Marie | La Fille du Régiment
Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe, Germany


That is the booking from her own web page that was the Hard Stop for her on filming.  She was never going to be able to appear at, much less pull off a credible, home town date involving her family.  What isn't clear is whether she deceived only the girls and Juan Pablo, or also deceived production, about her Hard Stop.  There was no serious option for her professionally (unless she wanted to quit the profession, clearly not the case) not to appear for that particular booking above.  It wasn't like Ed who could leave, go home to tend to personal and work affairs for a week or two, and then return to filming.  This was always a hard stop for her.  She lied to him.  I think all of her emotion arises from guilt at her secret.

My speculation is that she is the quality of applicant or recruit that they locate, and test drive on and off camera for a season, before considering offering them the Lead.  Her reaction to Juan Pablo favoring her with First Impression rose said it all to me. Back in the day, some old folk around here will recall I sleuthed a lot of public info about filming schedule. I always knew Jillian would be bachelorette, because Cassie Lambert had spent a big chunk of days up in Vancouver before filming with her. Jillian was a great find for them (spunky, cute, smart, great potential for on-air career), and they were a good find for her, with the right contract terms in place (Extreme Home Makeover options, etc).

The Bachelor/ette franchise can operate as a farm team for Warner Bros and ABC/Disney. I can't figure out what Sharleen's personal goals were, but I'm 100% convinced ending up as F1 was not even a feasible, much less desired, outcome.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Posts : 2135
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by docnash14 Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:02 pm

@jlccaz wrote:2013
October 30 | December 27
Marie | La Fille du Régiment
Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe, Germany


That is the booking from her own web page that was the Hard Stop for her on filming.  She was never going to be able to appear at, much less pull off a credible, home town date involving her family.  What isn't clear is whether she deceived only the girls and Juan Pablo, or also deceived production, about her Hard Stop.  There was no serious option for her professionally (unless she wanted to quit the profession, clearly not the case) not to appear for that particular booking above.  It wasn't like Ed who could leave, go home to tend to personal and work affairs for a week or two, and then return to filming.  This was always a hard stop for her.  She lied to him.  I think all of her emotion arises from guilt at her secret.

My speculation is that she is the quality of applicant or recruit that they locate, and test drive on and off camera for a season, before considering offering them the Lead.  Her reaction to Juan Pablo favoring her with First Impression rose said it all to me.  Back in the day, some old folk around here will recall I sleuthed a lot of public info about filming schedule.  I always knew Jillian would be bachelorette, because Cassie Lambert had spent a big chunk of days up in Vancouver before filming with her.  Jillian was a great find for them (spunky, cute, smart, great potential for on-air career), and they were a good find for her, with the right contract terms in place (Extreme Home Makeover options, etc).  

The Bachelor/ette franchise can operate as a farm team for Warner Bros and ABC/Disney.  I can't figure out what Sharleen's personal goals were, but I'm 100% convinced ending up as F1 was not even a feasible, much less desired, outcome.



For me, this assembles most of the puzzle pieces and, in particular, I think you nailed the etiology of her guilt. And I am totally on board with your last statement both in the conviction about her desired outcome not being the F1 and in the uncertainty as to what she was actually seeking by coming on the show.

docnash14

Posts : 3509
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 pm

I know -- maybe Warner is planning a "SO YOU WANT TO BE AN OPERA SINGER" show, LOL, and she can be a judge.  (that's a joke)

The BBC seriously had a show called POPSTAR TO OPERA STAR. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13679530

Perhaps, she's going to be the hostess of OPERA STAR TO POP STAR.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Posts : 2135
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:39 pm

@eliza3 wrote:
@FLChica wrote:
@Catdwoman50 wrote:
@docnash14 wrote:I seem to have a different impression of Sharleen than most of you. I think she is quite beautiful and certainly seems to have a tender side to her as evidenced by her becoming emotional seeing Juan Pa cry last week and her sadness over Kat leaving.  That being said, I think she came on the show with a very clear agenda - to set herself apart from all of the brown bears and show herself as the only panda.  Thus, I think many of her interactions with Juan Pa were very calculated toward this end.  I don't know what her desired outcome was - perhaps to become the next Bachelorette?  I think it was to her surprise that she discovered that there was physical chemistry between her and Juan Pa which is what may have led to her confusion.  

I totally respect your viewpoint, doc.  She may also be on the show to promote her career, she's a performer after all.  From the very beginning she's made it clear that the connection felt forced, until the kissing started.  Can't wait to see the convo when she says goodbye.

I've always felt that Sharleen was on the show only to promote her career and for a little silly adventure away from her normally structured, highbrow lifestyle.  She certainly isn't the first contestant to do so.  I'm glad TPTB have shown her emotion / kindness so that she doesn't come off as an *ahem* self-promoter. Hugesmile

I think that since Sharleen is playing the Metropolitan Opera this spring, she doesn't really need to promote her career --- she is already there.   Opera singers dream of playing the Met.

ITA. I think she came on as a lark, maybe hoping for Drew or Arie as the Bachelor, but found herself surprisingly having an attraction to him. I think he can be charming and is brighter than he is portrayed, but not the intellectual she needs/wants. I enjoy her as a fresh approach, like Tessa, Emily O'Brien and this season's Andi...beauty and brains.

pavalygurl

Posts : 5435
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by eliza3 Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:17 pm

@pavalygurl wrote:
@eliza3 wrote:
@FLChica wrote:
@Catdwoman50 wrote:
@docnash14 wrote:I seem to have a different impression of Sharleen than most of you. I think she is quite beautiful and certainly seems to have a tender side to her as evidenced by her becoming emotional seeing Juan Pa cry last week and her sadness over Kat leaving.  That being said, I think she came on the show with a very clear agenda - to set herself apart from all of the brown bears and show herself as the only panda.  Thus, I think many of her interactions with Juan Pa were very calculated toward this end.  I don't know what her desired outcome was - perhaps to become the next Bachelorette?  I think it was to her surprise that she discovered that there was physical chemistry between her and Juan Pa which is what may have led to her confusion.  

I totally respect your viewpoint, doc.  She may also be on the show to promote her career, she's a performer after all.  From the very beginning she's made it clear that the connection felt forced, until the kissing started.  Can't wait to see the convo when she says goodbye.

I've always felt that Sharleen was on the show only to promote her career and for a little silly adventure away from her normally structured, highbrow lifestyle.  She certainly isn't the first contestant to do so.  I'm glad TPTB have shown her emotion / kindness so that she doesn't come off as an *ahem* self-promoter. Hugesmile

I think that since Sharleen is playing the Metropolitan Opera this spring, she doesn't really need to promote her career --- she is already there.   Opera singers dream of playing the Met.

ITA.  I think she came on as a lark, maybe hoping for Drew or Arie as the Bachelor, but found herself surprisingly having an attraction to him.  I think he can be charming and is brighter than he is portrayed, but not the intellectual she needs/wants.  I enjoy her as a fresh approach, like Tessa, Emily O'Brien and this season's Andi...beauty and brains.

I don't see Sharleen with Arie at all --- Drew maybe. I don't view Arie as a true intellect either. Why she decided to do the show - we will never know. I, for one, however, really like her.
eliza3
eliza3

Posts : 801
Join date : 2013-02-07
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 am

I'd like to see a conversation between Sharleen & Ames from Ashley's season.  :Nod: 

I don't think Sharleen's any different from a lot of people who go on the show. I think many see it as a lark and some like her are surprised to see they actually like the lead. Most don't have a commitment with work during the season however. I hope she comes to the WTA.


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 14122
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by eliza3 Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 am

Sharleen and Ames :) That would be so interesting -- maybe we should tweet that and see if they put that together :)
eliza3
eliza3

Posts : 801
Join date : 2013-02-07
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by glazedover Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:18 am

@albean99 wrote:I'd like to see a conversation between Sharleen & Ames from Ashley's season.  :Nod: 

I don't think Sharleen's any different from a lot of people who go on the show. I think many see it as a lark and some like her are surprised to see they actually like the lead. Most don't have a commitment with work during the season however. I hope she comes to the WTA.  

Oh yes....Sharleen and Ames sounds like something....although I question whether Ames is interested in a committed relationship.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 52 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum