SELECT CONTENT

Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:57 am

I was glad to see Elan tarring himself with his own paintbrush. It can't be easy leading all those past cast to slaughter.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:16 pm

I thought to post Elan's recent blog/tumblr post because it really does have some great nuggets of wisdom, especially concerning asking questions of oneself...

A lot of people ask me “are you still sober?”

It’s actually a really fair question. Most people don’t do anything for very long. And I think what they think when they’re asking the question is “Obviously your problem is something you can control, so obviously it’s not a problem anymore.”

To some people who have given up drinking or drugs, that may seem like a silly point to make. But, to me, it makes perfect sense:

That’s actually what I struggle with most these days. The thrill of quitting is gone. The excitement of “doing it by not doing it” is out the window. I hit my week, and I hit my month, and a hit my year, and now there’s just this endless looming forever staring back at me.

It’s hard to remember why you quit sometimes. And it feels ridiculous to be so dogmatic. Am I really worried that a glass of wine is going to change me back into who I used to be? Of course not. Do I think I can control myself? I do.

But that’s not the point for me. At least not now.

I keep alcohol in my house, always. My friends drink here. I go to bars. I don’t want to hide. I want to be in the world and I want to change myself and not pretend the world is different from what it is. I don’t want to pretend alcohol is bad. Alcohol is fine. In fact, I think it’s pretty great. I’m just really, really good at drinking it, which, in turn, is bad.

Could I have a glass of wine right now? Of course.

Would I be okay? I think so.

But again, those aren’t the question I ask myself. The question I ask myself is “do I need to?”

Am I better off in any way? Does it help me? Does it help others? Will I improve? The answer, at least for me, is pretty clearly no.

I think it’s fair to guess that most people reading this aren’t sober. Most people have a pretty health relationship with alcohol, at least as far as I can tell. But that doesn’t mean that this thought process doesn’t apply. In fact, since I’ve gotten sober, I’ve been applying this template to as many things as I can.

Do I want to do something?

Would I be ok?

Would I enjoy it?

Almost always, the answer to these questions is YES.

But then when I ask myself “Do I need this?” the answer is usually PROBABLY NOT.

I haven’t had a drink in 430 days. It’s boring sometimes. It’s boring most of the time. But, being dead would (probably) have been even more boring. And now I have to learn new ways to interest myself. All the time. Every day.

When people ask me if quitting drinking gets easier, I try to be honest and tell them that it doesn’t get easier. At least not for me. But everything else becomes more interesting, more challenging, more frustrating, but then in certain moments, unbelievably beautiful.

I love being there for every minute of my life, even when I don’t want to be.
http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/126657759491/still-still-still-sober
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Elan is such an interesting person. I wonder if alcohol helped him feel more 'normal' and accepted. I actually like him more when he's honest such as in this article. You rock, Elan!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:34 pm

what a fine example of living a sober life. :Nod: so happy for him.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

I'm surprised every time I read his updates. He has a wonderful way of getting his point across, and says things that I never thought of. He is so different on twitter.

It's wonderful to read where he's been and how he's coping. I'm sure he is a strength to many. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:49 pm

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan 23m23 minutes ago
elan gale retweeted Note to Self
So I did a very interesting podcast with @WNYC called Note To Self and if you want to listen to it click the link

Note to Self ‏@NoteToSelf 44m44 minutes ago
You can learn a lot about relationships, privacy, and pure disgust from the texts people send to their exes. http://www.wnyc.org/story/texts-from-your-ex-elan-gale/ …
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Happy Birthday Elan. Precious, Precious Man.

hbbanner To think some contestants are older than he, 32 PURE GENIUS

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:34 pm

:Happy Birthday Elan! 

What a wonderful thing you are doing again this year by asking for donations instead of birthday gifts to Next Door Solutions to help those that find themselves victims of domestic violence. And so very generous and like you to match those contributions and also great and wonderful that your friend is also matching!! Amazing human being you are! I feel honoured to have your likeness as my avi!! 
:Iloveyou!:rockheartglassesblowkisssweet kiss

Last edited by rhondam on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing)
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 pm

And we have another book! I bet this would be hilarious.

J.P. Rosenbaum ‏@JP_Rosenbaum 2m2 minutes ago
Never been more excited to go to the bathroom! Thanks @theyearofelan. People, buy this! http://amzn.to/1N8gnEq

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:05 pm

18 Months sobriety for Elan. He says he is an addict and it helped him feel feelings more fully. This is the first time I've heard of this. Am I mistaken, do most people not become addicted to escape or hide from uncomfortable or feelings that seem too difficult to manage? Well anyway, congratulations to him for sticking with it.
 clapping!
http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/134926877801/what-ive-learned
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Way to go Elan! Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion - Page 4 1f4aa
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks rhondam. There are several of his blogs in this thread talking about his struggles.

I enjoy reading them, his SM activity not so much. It's remarkable what he has gone through, and what he continues to go through. I was amazed when I came across the first one. You never know what challenges people are going through.

ETA: He made a liar out of me. Love this!

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan Oct 21
Before you judge me try walking a mile in my shoes so you can see how little I care and how good it feels to be a mile away from you

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Elan Gale (Producer) & Molly Quinn - Discussion

+62
gurlbrit
Astrobach
Enchantress
Kels0012
notarose