SELECT CONTENT

Celebrities - News - Discussion

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:14 pm

sad I knew this was coming but still so sad. I followed these two from the beginning back in the 80's.

Celine Dion ‏@celinedion 5h5 hours ago
Rene Angelil passed away this morning at his home in Las Vegas after a long and courageous battle against cancer. http://www.celinedion.com/ca/news/ren%C3%A9-ang%C3%A9lil …

If anyone's interested, this is a good article in a nutshell.

theGlobeandMail

René Angélil, the one-time pop singer who became an impresario and turned Celine Dion into an international megastar, then married her, has died.

One of Quebec’s best-known and most powerful entertainment figures, Mr. Angélil was suffering from throat cancer. He was two days shy of his 74th birthday

He had been on a feeding tube for two years, had made his funeral arrangements and said he wanted to die in his wife’s arms.

In the winter of 1981, Mr. Angélil was at a professional dead end and about to quit show business when he heard a demo tape from a bashful 12-year-old, Ms. Dion. Under his tutelage, she went on to sell 250 million records, collect an armful of awards and sing at the Oscars. And they had three children together.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by Linds911 Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:20 pm

I saw this earlier shortly after the news about Alan Rickman aka Snape from Harry Potter who also passed away from cancer. So sad. sad

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 8367-910 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 I_got_13 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 E5kqdm15 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:28 pm

We see Alan Rickman every Christmas when we watch "Love Actually". Apparently it was after a short bout of cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/entertainment/obit-alan-rickman/index.html

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Just read Prince died at age 57 from Flu symptoms.

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:32 pm

I don't think its a Hoax.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:34 pm

They have broken in twice with news specials on Prince's death this morning.  They said there will be more on the CBS news.  He had been suffering with flu symptoms and had been taken to the hospital earlier with them.  They said he was found deceased in his home this morning.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Sad. I love Raspberry Beret and Purple Rain.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Just last night my husband saw an old Johnny Carson Tonight Show in which Vanity (Prince protege from the '80s) was on.  She mentioned Prince gave her the name, even though he had another "V" word in mind instead.  Anyway, my husband looked to see what happened to Vanity.  She just died two months ago - and she was also 57.

Prince songs have been playing in my head all afternoon.

I also realized that the song 1999 was released in 1982 - 17 years before the year 1999.  It's now 17 years since 1999.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:29 pm

Very sad. I just caught the tail end of an interview (don't know what channel my mom was watching) with someone that was at a gathering or small concert of Prince's in the last day or so. The person said something to Prince (paraphrasing) "sorry you're not feeling good, we'll pray for you." The person said that Prince said (paraphrasing) "don't waste your prayers on me today, I'll need them in a few days". Very cryptic.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:35 pm

I saw that too Mustang. Cryptic indeed. I read George Benson's tweet regarding Prince. I knew they were good friends and visited Maui together a few times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Very sad, TMZ reported with pics of Prince leaving Wallgreens
Wed evening after purchasing meds. Also he began writing
his memoirs 3 mo ago indicating he may have known he 
was dying. Source TMZ. Condolences to his loved ones, and to us.
RIP Prince

Last edited by Nonina430 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:40 pm

So sad. RIP Prince. Going to listen to his songs on repeat. MTV is playing his music videos and 'Purple Rain' for the next few days.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 8367-910 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 I_got_13 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 E5kqdm15 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 13 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrities - News - Discussion

+38
ddsmom17
Scooby
sdmom
ReneeM
mprssdbyu