SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:28 am

Amen to that sister!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by kdubs_ca Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 am

Beeleever wrote:I don't believe for a second if there are hot hollywood actress/model wannabe types going after Chris, that he will be able to keep his head on straight enough to go for the 4H girl-next-door. Not with Stockholm syndrome, over-the-top dates and producers feeding thoughts into his head. Although, I'd love nothing better than to eat crow on this one.

I agree completely. The guy lives in a town of less than 500? Suffice it to say Farmer Boy has spent far more quality time with his pigs than eligible women the past few years. He was convinced that Andi was the most amazing woman EVAH after about a minute. The model / actress with the boob job, bleached hair, and crazy cakes personality will be my choice for F1. I personally can't wait for Courtney 2.0. The snark is always at it's most delicious in the seasons with a true villain. Here's hoping for cat fights, tears, and nervous breakdowns galore. Although, I would have been so much more excited for a season of hot kisses, up against a wall, hands skimming over her body, building slowly... Wait? Where was I?

Fleiss, you moron. You could have had Arie... Again!

kdubs_ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:54 am

kdubs_ca wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I don't believe for a second if there are hot hollywood actress/model wannabe types going after Chris, that he will be able to keep his head on straight enough to go for the 4H girl-next-door. Not with Stockholm syndrome, over-the-top dates and producers feeding thoughts into his head. Although, I'd love nothing better than to eat crow on this one.

I agree completely. The guy lives in a town of less than 500? Suffice it to say Farmer Boy has spent far more quality time with his pigs than eligible women the past few years. He was convinced that Andi was the most amazing woman EVAH after about a minute. The model / actress with the boob job, bleached hair, and crazy cakes personality will be my choice for F1. I personally can't wait for Courtney 2.0. The snark is always at it's most delicious in the seasons with a true villain. Here's hoping for cat fights, tears, and nervous breakdowns galore. Although, I would have been so much more excited for a season of hot kisses, up against a wall, hands skimming over her body, building slowly... Wait? Where was I?

rock cantstopl :Racecar: 
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:04 am

kdubs_ca wrote:

So true, so true.

Funny thing is that Dweeby Ben was my least favorite of all Bachelor seasons (well, either that one or Jake the confused snake ... or the boring Doctor ... or the no-personality Prince ... or the English dude ... ) because Courtney was so rude to the other women in the house and I could barely stand to watch all the cat fights. Hurts my stomach! I really don't like fabricated, passive aggressive drama. That said,  I am enjoying Courtney's book. I bought it on a whim and surprise, surprise ... I am seeing her side of things. She's just not a girl's girl. I can't wait to get to the part when she raves about Arie ...  Embarressed! giggling 
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:13 am

kdubs_ca wrote:

IMO, Arie would be all over the Courtneys, the bleached blondes, the redheads, the brunettes and whatever other color of hair they would have in his season. There would be multiple women at the MTA in the hot seat asking why did you make love to me. No thank you, I do not want to see a Blob Guiney II, except better looking. I would rather give Chris a chance, he seems more mature and knows what he wants.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:37 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Well, this won't work---Chris has a PIG farm.  cantstopl cantstopl 
The stench is incredible. Enough to make dating Chris B seem divine.

I have relatives with a hog farm. The smell is probably the worst thing I have ever smelled, up there with rotten meat. It literally makes me gag. The smell gets in your hair and clothes. Despite the fact that their house has mud room to take off your boots covered with poop, the house still smells. They should have the M&G/cocktail party and RC in the hog house. All the girls that haven't barfed or run away get a (smelly) rose.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nick with Chris for 2 bachelors. (I think too many of the girls would want Arie to have him with Chris) Nick and Chris would draw different viewers and different girls

Bet2Win wrote:I've skipped many seasons based on who the lead is.  Looks like I'll be skipping another one if Chris is the lead.

I find nothing intriguing about him.  Nice, maybe.  Apparently that is up for debate.  I read somewhere that he isn't well liked in his home town.

I also read that. Where did we see that?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:15 am

MVMom: I just finished Courtney's book and I gree that it is interesting to read her side of things. If what she says is true, Ben was a crappy fiance. I wonder what she got paid for the book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:06 am

grace8136 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Well, this won't work---Chris has a PIG farm.  cantstopl cantstopl 
The stench is incredible. Enough to make dating Chris B seem divine.

I have relatives with a hog farm. The smell is probably the worst thing I have ever smelled, up there with rotten meat. It literally makes me gag. The smell gets in your hair and clothes. Despite the fact that their house has mud room to take off your boots covered with poop, the house still smells. They should have the M&G/cocktail party and RC in the hog house. All the girls that haven't barfed or run away get a (smelly) rose.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nick with Chris for 2 bachelors. (I think too many of the girls would want Arie to have him with Chris) Nick and Chris would draw different viewers and different girls

Bet2Win wrote:I've skipped many seasons based on who the lead is.  Looks like I'll be skipping another one if Chris is the lead.

I find nothing intriguing about him.  Nice, maybe.  Apparently that is up for debate.  I read somewhere that he isn't well liked in his home town.

I also read that. Where did we see that?!

These are some of the posts that should be stickied and tagged for when the season starts, because this is the reality of living on a pig farm.
L O N G hours. Yes, there are other jobs with long hours--but this literally has no glamour. Iowa has harsh winters and long winters. The F1 hopefully is a small town gal who loves small town life and has a farming background.
I would love to see 25 of these type of women selected! It could still be filled drama---someone stealing the last of the quilt batting for the quilt off. Charity date--bake sale for charity of choice. Adrenaline date--stock neutering--you'll look twice at that stuffed pork chop after this. We don't need another season of repelling down LA skyscrapers---repel down the silo instead.
Yet: TPTB have an unwritten quota on the amount of "normal" women chosen for the show. They have a show to produce and ratings to garner. So it will be probably more of the same---Oliver Douglass (Green Acres) goes a courtin'.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:39 am

Have we ever seen a lead who was so frequently referred to by his 'profession-and-name'?  As in 'Farmer Chris'? I know we had Doctor Travis Stork and Prince Lorenzo Borghese, but those are more like titles.  Has any other lead actually been called by his profession-and-name?

I know Jake had his theme of On the Wings of Love and there may have been other themes that I've forgotten, but the fact that Chris is constantly called Farmer Chris kind of bugs me. Yes, I think it is very important that any potential fiance truly knows what kind of lifestyle she would be living, because if this show is filmed in LA and around the world in exotic locales these women aren't going to see the reality of life with Chris at all.  To me I don't think that TPTB really care enough to be informing and promoting rural life or to actually care if Chris finds someone truly compatible for him.  We here on the board are actually discussing in more realistic terms what farm life will be like than I think TPTB will actually show these contetant during the season.  So if anyone other than somebody who has grown up in small town rural America is there, they aren't going to have a clue.

I also fear that the urban LA producers are going to take every opportunity to poke fun at Chris and his life but in a mocking sort of way.  They are going to use his career and farm life as a punchline, because they will feel that they are superior and more evolved than it. I wouldn't enjoy that.  I think that there are all kinds of lifestyles across this country and one isn't necessarily better than the other, just different. I think Chris appears to be (from what little we were shown) a decent and nice guy.  I think everyone deserves to find their special someone.  My fear is that he will be too stoic and non-emotional, and therefore the shenanigans, mocking, and drama will become the dominant focus of the show.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 am

I think there is going to be a lot coming out of the woodwork about Chris.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 am

You couldn't pay me enough to read Courtney's book. I'm sure everything is slanted to show how horrible Ben is and how misunderstood she is. I know Ben made a lot of mistakes along the way but has a wonderful family & girlfriend and is happy. The only reason I'm not sad that Arie isn't the next lead is that she'd be commenting all season.  Rolling Eyes 

I didn't know Chris' family farm is a hog farm. I can't believe they're trying to sell him as the lead knowing that almost no women will want to get involved in that. It's one thing to think Chris is a nice, cute guy (I don't but many do) and talk about wanting to be with "farmer Chris" but it's a completely other thing to live it. You know it will be glossed over although it would be hilarious to have a group date there where the women are overdressed and then make them slop hogs.  giggling

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 am

Kashathediva wrote:Hopefully they will recruit the majority of girls from small town USA. Should that be the case vs the majority with model Mayhem accts, pro ball cheerleaders and ex-strippers----er excuse me beauty contestants, Chris may have a shot.
He seems a decent guy from a decent family, but finding the woman to meld with that from the normal pool of contestants seems quite farfetched.

Oh Kasha do you really believe that TPTB will do this. Fleiss and co love Mayhem. Poor Chris, he will not know what's hit him.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 24 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy