SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 56 of 57 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by emad0722 Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Some people don't believe that he accidentally favorited that tweet - that is your right but some people may know more than is presented on the surface and therefore will give him the benefit of the doubt. Say what you will - hate as you do but I do not believe he intentionally did it. Has he been perfect? no but either has anyone - that does not mean every action needs this much scrutiny. Seriously guys Smiley

#teamsalty #teampolkadot #teamnick #teamNOHATE
emad0722
emad0722

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Both times when told, he made corrections, and thanked the fans. I am glad he owned up to his mistakes because not everyone does. It's better than to leave it unresolved or ignore the problem. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. I will be the first one to admit I have said/done many stupid things that I wish I could have taken it back.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 pm

What i know is we're more open to give the benefice of the doubt, to forgive, to understand  people we love than those we don't care/like.
I know that you can make mistakes but not the same mistakes over and over otherwise it'll become a purpose.

Last edited by bilolo on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 pm

luvlady345 wrote:You know what I find more amazing is that poster who has obviously watched this show for many, many season find that fans or non fans monitor these people twitter, FB or IGs it has been done for every season it's one of the tools people use to sleuth... What is also amazing that people forget when their fav is not the popular one how it is that people may not have the same opinion as you do of your non popular fav....

What I find most interesting is how much pure virulence that some people feel for someone they don't even know. I know that twitter, IG and such exist. I have my own reasons for not being on them. I also know that Elan who is a big part of the shows staff, loves to pull pranks on SM, so yeah, I have grown to not believe all I see on SM. People make mistakes. I try to forgive if they ask for it and accept mistakes happen. To me that is part of being human and in my case a Christian. Isn't it let he who is without sin throw the first stone? My dad raised me to forgive as none of us is perfect. Since he was a WWII vet and his brother was a POW in WWII, if they could forgive and forget, there isn't much that happens to me or around me that isn't worse than that, so I try really hard.

As I stated before, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. It is the level of hatred that some people have that shocks me. It isn't my way, so it hard for me to wrap my head around. People like Jason, Jake, Emily and now Andi. I don't like them, but man I don't hate them at all.

I also don't understand why if you don't like someone you bother to even notice their SM. I don't go to Emily Maynard's twitter or website. I don't like her, so I don't waste my time on her or give her the hits to her website. Maybe others approach that differently and that is okay too.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 pm

bilolo wrote:What i know is we're more open to give the benefice of the doubt, to forgive, to understand  people we love than those we don't care/like.

word 

It's so interesting to me to see some who give Nick or others from this season the benefit of the doubt but didn't afford others in the past the same. I know it's their right, but I just find it kinda funny.

The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 56 87b72b10  The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 56 86669110  The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 56 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:42 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:You know what I find more amazing is that poster who has obviously watched this show for many, many season find that fans or non fans monitor these people twitter, FB or IGs it has been done for every season it's one of the tools people use to sleuth... What is also amazing that people forget when their fav is not the popular one how it is that people may not have the same opinion as you do of your non popular fav....

What I find most interesting is how much pure virulence that some people feel for someone they don't even know.  I know that twitter, IG and such exist.  I have my own reasons for not being on them.  I also know that Elan who is a big part of the shows staff, loves to pull pranks on SM, so yeah, I have grown to not believe all I see on SM.  People make mistakes.  I try to forgive if they ask for it and accept mistakes happen.  To me that is part of being human and in my case a Christian.  Isn't it let he who is without sin throw the first stone?  My dad raised me to forgive as none of us is perfect.  Since he was a WWII vet and his brother was a POW in WWII, if they could forgive and forget, there isn't much that happens to me or around me that isn't worse than that, so I try really hard.  

As I stated before, everyone is welcome to their own opinion.  It is the level of hatred that some people have that shocks me.  It isn't my way, so it hard for me to wrap my head around.  People like Jason, Jake, Emily and now Andi. I don't like them, but man I don't hate them at all.  

I also don't understand why if you don't like someone you bother to even notice their SM.  I don't go to Emily Maynard's twitter or website.  I don't like her, so I don't waste my time on her or give her the hits to her website.  Maybe others approach that differently and that is okay too

! agree 100% I don't follow any bachelor alums, I currently follow Andi and Josh after the season I will probably drop them......  I haven't seen the hate for Nick on this site so I can't address the hate that he is getting I don't follow him, what tweets I read from Nick or any of the ex bachelor people come from this site......

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:48 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

What I find most interesting is how much pure virulence that some people feel for someone they don't even know.  I know that twitter, IG and such exist.  I have my own reasons for not being on them.  I also know that Elan who is a big part of the shows staff, loves to pull pranks on SM, so yeah, I have grown to not believe all I see on SM.  People make mistakes.  I try to forgive if they ask for it and accept mistakes happen.  To me that is part of being human and in my case a Christian.  Isn't it let he who is without sin throw the first stone?  My dad raised me to forgive as none of us is perfect.  Since he was a WWII vet and his brother was a POW in WWII, if they could forgive and forget, there isn't much that happens to me or around me that isn't worse than that, so I try really hard.  

As I stated before, everyone is welcome to their own opinion.  It is the level of hatred that some people have that shocks me.  It isn't my way, so it hard for me to wrap my head around.  People like Jason, Jake, Emily and now Andi. I don't like them, but man I don't hate them at all.  

I also don't understand why if you don't like someone you bother to even notice their SM.  I don't go to Emily Maynard's twitter or website.  I don't like her, so I don't waste my time on her or give her the hits to her website.  Maybe others approach that differently and that is okay too

! agree 100% I don't follow any bachelor alums, I currently follow Andi and Josh after the season I will probably drop them......  I haven't seen the hate for Nick on this site so I can't address the hate that he is getting I don't follow him, what tweets I read from Nick or any of the ex bachelor people come from this site......

Fair enough!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Life would be so boring if everyone agreed on everything.
Regardless if we all agree on this board on the guys, the lead, the outcome etc. we all share the same extensive interest in this silly show to discuss all these things on a daily basis.

So thank you everyone for having a different opinion on the show that we all share an interest in.  bestbud! 
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:11 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:
happygolucky wrote:“Is he good? Or is he bad? That's the only thing I ask nowadays. And as I grow older—I'd swear this on the last crust I eat—I feel I shan't even go on asking that! Whether a man's good or bad, I'm sorry for him, for all of 'em. The sight of a man just rends my insides, even if I act as though I don't care a damn! There he is, poor devil, I think, he also eats and drinks and makes love and is frightened, whoever he is: he has his God and his devil just the same, and he'll peg out and lie as stiff as a board beneath the ground and be food for worms, just the same. Poor devil! We're all brothers! All worm-meat!”
― Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

ETA:
Opinion: "A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof" ...

I'm fine with an opinion. personal view point, belief, whatever it is ... as my definition of judgment is criticism and "An opinion or estimate formed after consideration or deliberation, especially a formal or authoritative decision"

Happy, I guess what I find the most interesting about this whole fiasco with Nick is that people like me who don't go out on twitter (and who don't have a clue how it all works) would never even know about that particular tweet getting "the favorite" button unless someone who follows him on twitter saw it and reported it here.

It is like these guys from the show are a bunch of lab rats in a maze.  They are being watched 24/7 and are either being rewarded for good behavior, or they are receiving an electric shock if they don't perform their duties to the satisfaction of those overlooking the lab experiment, with Nick particularly being their main number one lab rat this season.  IMO Nick has received the most negativity on this show, mainly because of that leaked video that some how ended up in the hands of RS.  That opened him up to being constantly scrutinized to the nth degree because of what he said on the tape that sounded negative regarding the outcome of the show and the "spoiled" ending.

But, what I find the most interesting is how Nick's explanation of what happened is being received.  I have not seen the actual tweet, but I get the idea that he said that it was mistake - that he put his phone in his pocket with that particular tweet still on his screen.  I would guess that that is equivalent of "butt dialing", which I understand also happens, even though it has never happened to me.  Therefore, his explanation is getting SOME acceptance that he is telling the truth, even if it would have been more plausible if he had just said that he mistakenly hit the "favorite" button.

But, not so quick.  Lab rat Nick is also receiving some electric shocks as well, because he is OBVIOUSLY lying.  That could never happen.  FOR ME, this show is literally like watching a social experiment (with humans) take place, and it never ceases to amaze me.  Or maybe it is actually more like the movie Hunger Games.  All I know is that it sure is hard to watch people's lives and reputations get torn apart on this show, even if they did sign up for it.  And it is also amazing to me that after all the seasons of TB, the producers can still find quality guys (like this group of guys) who are actually willing to sign up for this and be put through this torture.

Longhornfan, this post is awesome and as a scientist the lab rat analogy is great to me!

Let me just say, my boss who has two mac laptops, a nano as his watch and an iPhone, butt dials me at least once a week.  I don't call my boss.  If I have an issue I will text or email, so it isn't like it even returns my missed call.  Each and everytime I call him back and it is opps, phone if pocket it must have dialed you.  Now I am not an apple person, but since his wife and son call him at least ten times per day, yes I have counted.  I don't know how his phone randomly dials me, except as a B last name I am possibly first on his contact list?  So yup, crap happens.  Advanced technology allows us to make mistakes.

Maybe Nick did favorite the tweet about r to Josh and punching Andi and then removed it when told.  I guess to me, he removed it and apologized, so I accept that.  I haven't seen anything homophobic about Nick, so yeah, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't hate first or want to believe the worst first.  Some of you do, go ahead enjoy.

Thanks, girl.  I thought you might like the lab rat analogy.  For me, though, I must say that it is beginning to feel more and more like the Hunger Games here on this board.   giggling

Seriously, I will definitely have to record the FRC and the AFTR episodes this season.  And I will just check the internet afterwards to verify the ending.  Instead, I plan on watching the first episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls on NBC.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:

Happy, I guess what I find the most interesting about this whole fiasco with Nick is that people like me who don't go out on twitter (and who don't have a clue how it all works) would never even know about that particular tweet getting "the favorite" button unless someone who follows him on twitter saw it and reported it here.

It is like these guys from the show are a bunch of lab rats in a maze.  They are being watched 24/7 and are either being rewarded for good behavior, or they are receiving an electric shock if they don't perform their duties to the satisfaction of those overlooking the lab experiment, with Nick particularly being their main number one lab rat this season.  IMO Nick has received the most negativity on this show, mainly because of that leaked video that some how ended up in the hands of RS.  That opened him up to being constantly scrutinized to the nth degree because of what he said on the tape that sounded negative regarding the outcome of the show and the "spoiled" ending.

But, what I find the most interesting is how Nick's explanation of what happened is being received.  I have not seen the actual tweet, but I get the idea that he said that it was mistake - that he put his phone in his pocket with that particular tweet still on his screen.  I would guess that that is equivalent of "butt dialing", which I understand also happens, even though it has never happened to me.  Therefore, his explanation is getting SOME acceptance that he is telling the truth, even if it would have been more plausible if he had just said that he mistakenly hit the "favorite" button.

But, not so quick.  Lab rat Nick is also receiving some electric shocks as well, because he is OBVIOUSLY lying.  That could never happen.  FOR ME, this show is literally like watching a social experiment (with humans) take place, and it never ceases to amaze me.  Or maybe it is actually more like the movie Hunger Games.  All I know is that it sure is hard to watch people's lives and reputations get torn apart on this show, even if they did sign up for it.  And it is also amazing to me that after all the seasons of TB, the producers can still find quality guys (like this group of guys) who are actually willing to sign up for this and be put through this torture.

Longhornfan, this post is awesome and as a scientist the lab rat analogy is great to me!

Let me just say, my boss who has two mac laptops, a nano as his watch and an iPhone, butt dials me at least once a week.  I don't call my boss.  If I have an issue I will text or email, so it isn't like it even returns my missed call.  Each and everytime I call him back and it is opps, phone if pocket it must have dialed you.  Now I am not an apple person, but since his wife and son call him at least ten times per day, yes I have counted.  I don't know how his phone randomly dials me, except as a B last name I am possibly first on his contact list?  So yup, crap happens.  Advanced technology allows us to make mistakes.

Maybe Nick did favorite the tweet about r to Josh and punching Andi and then removed it when told.  I guess to me, he removed it and apologized, so I accept that.  I haven't seen anything homophobic about Nick, so yeah, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't hate first or want to believe the worst first.  Some of you do, go ahead enjoy.

Thanks, girl.  I thought you might like the lab rat analogy.  For me, though, I must say that it is beginning to feel more and more like the Hunger Games here on this board.   giggling

Seriously, I will definitely have to record the FRC and the AFTR episodes this season.  And I will just check the internet afterwards to verify the ending.  Instead, I plan on watching the first episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls on NBC.

Hunger Games works for me. The underdog totally came out ahead (I have only seen the first one and will not read until I finish my PhD -they are part of my graduation present to myself).

This is nothing compared to the board wars of 2012, so I admire GA and all the mods for the excellent job they are doing!

I guess I don't need to be so angry, I have Texas A&M to be against, they have now replaced Arkansas as the traitors to the conference, plus they get the bonus of being traitors to their state too. Now Aggies, don't kill me, I respect your right to have UT to be against!

When it gets to bad come play in the Nick fan thread and be a Nick Chick. I think the Jodi fans feel the same way about the Josh fan thread, I like that we all have our safe havens this season!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Yeah ... I'm there with you Longhornfan & Stuckinsc ...

I still don't know what he favored, a tweet or a person ? ... that supposedly was/is insulting (don't know to who or for what) - I don't even know how Twitter works ... so practically ...  don't know anything ... and I'm pretty sure most people who would love to give 2cents about Nick's behavior don't know either, because he corrected it quickly, so it came to our attention only after public affirmation of an accidental mistake (not like last time, when he admitted to have favored someone's comment because he liked the part about himself) ...

anyway ... for me this conversation  ends ... like many of you stated ... we like what we like (and feel similar, comfortable with or we aspire to be like) ... and when we don't like something or somebody we tend to not be as sympathetic and forgiving. The catch is ... I have nothing to forgive any of the contestants, because I don't know anyone and they haven't done anything wrong to me. Like some of you said too, I prefer to see and pause/reflect on positive things and people, than spend my time thinking and writing about someone/thing I don't like.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Whoa stuckinsc! Why bring "God's country" into this?! Haha! LOVE A&M and have to stick up for them. I for one am not dragging UT or A&M into this stupid show!! No way. I live in Texas and yes we are prideful!! ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 57 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 10 - Videos- Youtube - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #2

+83
Luvvy
Acrunch
emusha
tigertiz
mathwiz37