SELECT CONTENT

Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Based on what was shown on tv, Marcus had his doubts about Nick's sincerity. He went as far as to call him a dbag and that he would not trust Nick with his own sister. Now, a lot of those feelings may have been stirred up by TPTB, but we saw them. I think, because of the way he was feeling about Nick at the time, he was probably relieved that Nick did not get F1 and he was able to be happy for Josh ( or if it had been Chris). I think if you are able to feel like the lead ended up with a "good guy" it is easier to find closure. In fact, we know that Josh went to Cancun...to BIP specifically...IDK? But maybe Josh and Marcus were able to discuss the ending and perhaps Josh even helped Marcus lick his wounds.

I loved the HTD scene where Conrad said to Marcus he was happy to see Marcus see something he likes and to be going for it. To always go for it. His brother said that Marcus didn't need to prove anything and neither did the girl. If they were happy together that's all that mattered. Very mature and accepting attitude.

I liked how Catherine said she wanted to give a hug to the woman (Andi) who had made Marcus so happy. I think sis had a gut feeling that Marcus would be sent home, and Andi pretty much told her she'd have to catch up to Marcus' feelings. I am sure that his sister was able to counsel him about his broken heart and help him turn the page. Catherine had a very good read on Marcus' personality and tendencies. She asked Andi, point blank, about their personality compatibility.

Momma Grodd was so classy and very articulate. She asked very good and meaningful questions to Marcus and to Andi. She also told Marcus she trusted his judgment. All of these things, to me, were a way to hive Marcus the green light to go out and find himself a partner. It may not have worked out with Andi, but who is to say whether that means it can or cannot work out with the next girl he dates?

The Bubble is a tricky thing. It is not the real world. But if I were to go with my gut on this....Andi and Marcus ....Bubble would have burst. Lacy and Marcus.....remains to be seen.

Oh, and every person in Marcus' family is gorgeous! Great genes!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Good post Mia. I found Marcus's dislike of Nick interesting and would love to know more about it, as I really like them both.

I do hope for him that sweet Lacy is a lot better than MeAndI. I don't think Andi's capacity to give to another person was high enough for her to chose Marcus. I think she is looking more for a guy to take care of her and less of a partner. I think Marcus is more a partner guy.

His family is gorgeous. I still wouldn't mind being in the middle of a Grodd man sandwich.  Hugesmile 
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Good post Mia.  I found Marcus's dislike of Nick interesting and would love to know more about it, as I really like them both.

I do hope for him that sweet Lacy is a lot better than MeAndI.  I don't think Andi's capacity to give to another person was high enough for her to chose Marcus.  I think she is looking more for a guy to take care of her and less of a partner.  I think Marcus is more a partner guy.

His family is gorgeous.  I still wouldn't mind being in the middle of a Grodd man sandwich.  Hugesmile 

Oh, to have been seated on that loveseat between Marcus and Conrad (who was much hotter on HTD than in his modeling photos, imo)  yes 

What really made me stop and ponder were the Emusha posts in the other thread about different levels of intimacy in relationships. The caretaker versus partnership discussion. I had never really thought about it like that. Probably because my marriage is more of a partnership style. I also considered Andi's comment about passion, emotional/mental/physical connection with Nick to be the epitome of how I would define love.

I started to think about how all of us truly are different from one another. Simplest example would be that Andi's and Josh's interest in sports. I might watch a World Cup game or two, a World's Series final, but you are not going to find me tuning in to watch football every Sunday and build my day around it. However, I do know families who are way more interested in sports. They have seasons tickets to college football, would travel out of state even. Whereas, I don't follow it at all. And I married a man who doesn't either.

Some people like action shows/plot driven shows ( like 24 or Tomb Raider). Other people like character driven/heavy on dialogue show (like Lost in Translation or Capote). And then there are all those in between.

I think both Andi and Josh are smart, but they are action oriented people. They probably get energized by sports and a go-go lifestyle. Whereas someone else would find it chaotic and with less meaning.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am trying very hard to understand who Andi is, what she likes, and what she needs. The show has taught me very, very little about Andi as a person. And the more I ponder, the more I think Josh may be the better fit for her. Josh would not be a hood fit for me, ecause I am a very different animal. Give me a Marcus, a Nick, heck, even a JJ, but no Josh's need apply.

I also liked the discussion of soulmate versus best match. I think you can be in love with more than one person at a time, but in different configurations. While I see Nick and Andi's connection as deeper, perhaps Josh connects on more points on her surface.

Just know that Monday nights will be less sparkly for me now that Marcus is gone. He was a sexy, classy, sweetheart. Lacy is one lucky lady!!!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:10 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Good post Mia.  I found Marcus's dislike of Nick interesting and would love to know more about it, as I really like them both.

I do hope for him that sweet Lacy is a lot better than MeAndI.  I don't think Andi's capacity to give to another person was high enough for her to chose Marcus.  I think she is looking more for a guy to take care of her and less of a partner.  I think Marcus is more a partner guy.

His family is gorgeous.  I still wouldn't mind being in the middle of a Grodd man sandwich.  Hugesmile 

Oh, to have been seated on that loveseat between Marcus and Conrad (who was much hotter on HTD than in his modeling photos, imo)  yes 

What really made me stop and ponder were the Emusha posts in the other thread about different levels of intimacy in relationships.  The caretaker versus partnership discussion.  I had never really thought about it like that.  Probably because my marriage is more of a partnership style.  I also considered Andi's comment about passion, emotional/mental/physical connection with Nick to be the epitome of how I would define love.

I started to think about how all of us truly are different from one another.  Simplest example would be that Andi's and Josh's interest in sports.  I might watch a World Cup game or two, a World's Series final, but you are not going to find me tuning in to watch football every Sunday and build my day around it.  However, I do know families who are way more interested in sports.  They have seasons tickets to college football, would travel out of state even.  Whereas, I don't follow it at all.  And I married a man who doesn't either.  

Some people like action shows/plot driven shows ( like 24 or Tomb Raider).  Other people like character driven/heavy on dialogue show (like Lost in Translation or Capote).  And then there are all those in between.

I think both Andi and Josh are smart, but they are action oriented people. They probably get energized by sports and a go-go lifestyle.  Whereas someone else would find it chaotic and with less meaning.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am trying very hard to understand who Andi is, what she likes, and what she needs.  The show has taught me very, very little about Andi as a person.  And the more I ponder, the more I think Josh may be the better fit for her.  Josh would not be a hood fit for me, ecause I am a very different animal.  Give me a Marcus, a Nick, heck, even a JJ, but no Josh's need apply.  

I also liked the discussion of soulmate versus best match.  I think you can be in love with more than one person at a time, but in different configurations.  While I see Nick and Andi's connection as deeper, perhaps Josh connects on more points on her surface.

Just know that Monday nights will be less sparkly for me now that Marcus is gone.  He was a sexy, classy, sweetheart.  Lacy is one lucky lady!!!

Agreed Lacy is lucky! And I am happy we get to see him for seven weeks on BiP and that more of you will watch with me. I am going mostly to make fun of the people, but it will be good to have a love story to watch in the middle of the ridiculousness!

I get the sports thing. I love sports and grew up watching them with my dad. My husband loves sports as well. My first husband was a sports person too. Unfortunately, we never connected on anything but sports. If Andi and Josh find something deeper to connect on then great. They probably do, but man the edit is so flat and one dimensional to me that I just don't see it. I see spoiled petulant MeAndI and her silent but strong Jock. I know Josh is more interesting than that, just not sure about her.

I could honestly be interested in any of Andi's F4, but Nick is closest in personality to the men I have had the best relationships with.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I am really looking forward to watching Marcus and Lacy's romance bloom. He is such a sweetheart and I hope she is too. He deserves someone that will appreciate him for who he is inside as well as his hotty outside.  eyedrool 

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Well, I leave for family vacation on Monday 7/28 (so I won't watch finale live), and I return on 8/5 (so will probably have to wait until I return to watch BIP premiere). I will set my DVR to record both.

I never thought I would be looking forward to such an idiotic show (Chris B anyone?) but am actually looking forward to 7 weeks of my sexy Brussels Sprout! I just hope that Marcus (the sweetheart that he is) did not get manipulated too much by the evil producers. I hope they edit it such that we do get to see a romance. I just hope he's happy.  beatingheart 
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Marcus talking to his brother and declaring his gratitude and love to him made my eyes wet a little, he's so sweet. I see a lot of sadness in his eyes though, am i the only one ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 pm

bilolo wrote:Marcus talking to his brother and declaring his gratitude and love to him made my eyes wet a little, he's so sweet. I see a lot of sadness in his eyes though, am i the only one ?

No you are not the only because I saw it too but I'm hoping that Lacy will put a sparkle in his eyes and wipe away the sadness.  :Nod: 
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:06 pm

bilolo wrote:Marcus talking to his brother and declaring his gratitude and love to him made my eyes wet a little, he's so sweet. I see a lot of sadness in his eyes though, am i the only one ?

I think that this HTD for Marcus was very emotional and meaningful. To bring Andi home was a huge thing for him. She was only the 2nd girl he felt this strongly about. I would guess that going on this show gives you lots of time to reflect on your past, and then you have to try to sum up your life to someone. When you do that sort of introspection it can bring memories and emotions bubbling to the surface. Good and bad. Think about if you had day and night to think about yourself and your life, and then you had to summarize all of it within a few dates to a virtual stranger. What would you choose to tell them? How would you describe your family and life? How deeply would you delve?

I think Marcus was very open and honest with Andi. I think he made himself extremely vulnerable. He alluded several times how it was scary as hell, but he was the happiest he had ever been. When he returned home and saw Conrad, I think he just felt that as a man he now owed his older brother a Thank You for all that he had done for him as a kid that probably was never acknowledged. I think it was a cathartic experience for Marcus. He seemed to reach a place where he owned his feelings and his love for Andi. He just seemed to have the right attitude about the whole process, imo. Class act.

Sexy sweetheart wore his emotions on his sleeve. Even during the CH Eric chat, it was Marcus who felt overwhelmed by emotion and removed himself from the glare of the cameras. He needed to cry, but wanted some privacy. What a tough week for the guy. Then the sad elimination. He truly looked wounded when she walked him out. I teared up throughout his HTD and his elimination. I frequently cry for the eliminated. Not afraid to admit it. I cried for Cody. I cried for Marcus. I even cried during Nick's HTD as I could see how in love he is. I guess, for me, I am moved by men's vulnerabilities, when they lay their hearts bare. It's not something that you see everyday. And when I do see it (in a scene or in a season) I am touched by it. Guess I'm a big old softy.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:10 pm

RS mentioned on his video cast that Lacy is planning on moving to Dallas.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Mirzam wrote:RS mentioned on his video cast that Lacy is planning on moving to Dallas.

yes  If it is true, this makes me happy.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 pm

I so hope this is the real deal for them.

I watched Marcus HTD again today. He really does seem to be a tender, sensitive, emotional man. I think for some men of those characteristics they tend to hide themselves a bit or become closed off as a defence mechanism because it can be hard to be a sensitive man in our world where that is not always valued and can be ridiculed. for Marcus to let his true self show and expose that to Andi and the world is amazing. Plus his on camera thank you to his brother. Melted my heart. As Andi would say, that is a man right there. I thinks she was crazy to let him go, but glad she did and can't wait to watch BIP. I'd just fast forward to that if I could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marcus Grodd - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion Thread #3

+39
jlccaz
Linds911
Jolena
momoftrips
bilolo