SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:38 am

ReneeM wrote:It wasn't a majority of the players, or even half, just a few and I hope the coach and the university explains how wrong that was to them. And yes FSU was also classless by not shaking hands but given how arrogant they are as a team it's not surprising to me.

Sorry but I looked at the link that umgirl put up and I do not see where they were making light of r*pe - they where sending a message to Jamies that "NO" means "NO". This was not the right time or place maybe but I do believe you falsely accused them of making light of r*pe which they did not do - show poor sportsman ship maybe but not the other. JMO
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:49 am

SLA44 wrote:
ReneeM wrote:It wasn't a majority of the players, or even half, just a few and I hope the coach and the university explains how wrong that was to them. And yes FSU was also classless by not shaking hands but given how arrogant they are as a team it's not surprising to me.

Sorry but I looked at the link that umgirl put up and I do not see where they were making light of r*pe - they where sending a message to Jamies that "NO" means "NO".  This was not the right time or place maybe but I do believe you falsely accused them of making light of r*pe which they did not do - show poor sportsman ship maybe but not the other.  JMO

Context matters. They weren't saying it seriously, or to raise awareness they were saying it to taunt jameis winston and the rest of the seminoles and them laughing and doing it to the tomahawk chop song is confirmation of that. I falsely accused them of nothing. They did what they did, and IMO and the opinion of many others it was wrong.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:50 am

And apparently the school feels the same http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12110366/rose-bowl-oregon-ducks-players-face-discipline-no-means-no-chant

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:11 am

ReneeM wrote:And apparently the school feels the same http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12110366/rose-bowl-oregon-ducks-players-face-discipline-no-means-no-chant

That page is no longer available. We will just have to agree to disagree on the other. I am sure that Oregon will do something about the players showing poor sportsmanship by taunting jamies winston after the game because Oregon has never been lenient on it's players for behavior issues no matter who they are. I don't believe the same can be said for FSU IMO.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:51 am

Wow, it was not a happy football day in my house.

SLA44, I am really happy for you, I would say that I am cheering for the Ducks, but have been told I am not allowed to cheer for teams I like anymore, so I will cheer for OSU and hope my luck continues!

FSU has been sloppy all season, it finally caught up with them.  We had turned off the game, my FSU alumni husband couldn't finish watching it.  I think the FSU players leaving without handshakes is petty, and hope that Jimbo reevaluates his whole team after yesterday.  From what I read there were Oregon fans pulling for another TD at 59-20 and with this chant, I think it seems that Oregon got a little too carried away in the moment.  I have watched Oregon a lot this season and never seen them behave with anything but class before.  

Much as I hate Ohio State, Urban Meyer really is a great QB coach and their running back had an amazing game.  I still hate them and Meyer, but their performance on the field was impressive.

I will confess, I have split feelings on the Winston thing.  R*pe is never okay or acceptable, but I have to say, I find women drinking and doing drugs to the point where they can't remember what happened and can't consent to be irresponsible as well.  My hesitation is this, one of my bff's gets incredibly horny when she gets drunk, she has had sex that she regretted afterwards multiple times when drunk.  I have seen this before with other women too.  So for me I know I sound horrible, but I just don't know that if a woman is drunk and still conscious if she isn't giving signals that she wants sex.  I really don't know.  If I hadn't seen the behavior myself and actually tried to talk my friend down and listened to her regret her actions the next day I might be more likely to scream at the man, but having seen it, I can't blame those men, it isn't their fault.  R*pe is not okay, but letting yourself get so drunk or high and stupid is a huge problem.  JW's accuser doesn't even remember fully what happened.  I think the cops who investigated deserve to be hired, but their is still truth in that one is not guilty until their guilt can be proven for a reason.  College athletes get away with murder, but I have also seen lots of stupid young women who desperately wanted to sleep with the athlete no matter what.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by markat53 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:42 am

Stucki, I do agree with your take on some young college women. Don't put yourself in that situation. I had one incident in my middle twenties while very, passed out drunk. NEVER AGAIN. From then on I made sure I was in
total control of my self and actions. And yes, even drunk, when someone says "no" they mean NO.

markat53

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:55 am

....snipped
That page is no longer available.

PASADENA, Calif. -- Several Oregon players are facing team discipline after celebrating their win in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual by apparently mocking Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston and allegations of sexual assault that have followed the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner the past two years.

Video taken from the field as Oregon celebrated its 59-20 win in the College Football Playoff semifinal showed multiple players chanting, "No means no," to the tune of the "Warchant" used by Florida State fans.

"We are aware of the inappropriate behavior in the postgame," coach Mark Helfrich said in a statement released by Oregon on Thursday night. "This is not what our program stands for, and the student-athletes will be disciplined internally."

The short video, uploaded to Vine by Bear Heiser of Fox Sports West, quickly drew strong reactions on social networks. Sophomore linebacker Torrodney Prevot and redshirt freshman Kani Benoit are both visible doing the chant, along with a third player who is wearing a "WON NOT DONE" T-shirt over his game jersey.

Reached by The Associated Press, Heiser said the video was taken on the field as Oregon players celebrated the win from a podium. He shared a longer, 27-second video with the AP that showed the chant initiated somewhere off camera. The players in the shorter video, as well as wide receiver Chance Allen, joined in.

Oregonlive.com, meanwhile, posted another video that showed a number of other players chanting as well.

Winston was never charged after a woman accused him of raping her in 2012. The case has gone through lengthy proceedings, with Winston recently cleared of violating Florida State's student code of conduct.

Oregon athletes have also faced sex assault allegations. Three former basketball players were suspended in June for a minimum of four years after a freshman student filed a report alleging they sexually assaulted her. Prosecutors decided there wasn't enough evidence to charge the players, who said the sexual contact was consensual.

espn

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 am

The trend to shame, to be bad sports(whether athletics or else), and 15 minutes of fame IMO are not great choices. Waste of energy that could have been put to good use.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:58 pm

It was a dumb/thoughtless move by those 3 or so Oregon players but I can't get too worked up over it. I also didn't like that most of the FSU players didn't shake hands after the game. 

Whether the girl is drunk or not, I really hate when a player appears to take advantage of his status in order to have sex with someone (Ben Roethlisberger for example no ). These guys get so much given to them that they start to believe it's their right. 

Oh well, back to college football. Go Ducks!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

albean99 wrote:It was a dumb/thoughtless move by those 3 or so Oregon players but I can't get too worked up over it. I also didn't like that most of the FSU players didn't shake hands after the game. 

Whether the girl is drunk or not, I really hate when a player appears to take advantage of his status in order to have sex with someone (Ben Roethlisberger for example no ). These guys get so much given to them that they start to believe it's their right. 

Oh well, back to college football. Go Ducks!

I have seen the other side of it. Girls who throw themselves at these athletes. Back when the Texas Athletes males were in the dorm I worked for in the summer, the females just flocked them hoping to get noticed and sadly thinking if they sleep with them that they are more than just an easy lay. No does mean No, but sleeping with someone because you thought it would make a hookup a relationship is just as wrong. And I still feel that when you make choices that you are not in control of yourself you need to question your own behavior. I have seen both sides and hate both sides. Reading this girl's story, she had chances to walk away, she didn't, friends tried to get her to go with them instead, she didn't. She can't even remember exactly what happened. I think Winston is an idiot. But with her recollection and the facts from others I don't know if she was r*ped or if she wanted something more and didn't get it and then felt shame over what she did. I just don't know. I wish the Tallahassee Police had done a better job at the time, so maybe we would have a better idea. I am all for the police getting in trouble and if the University did anything to delay the police then them too. But Winston, I think the court of law made the right call without better proof. Innocent until proven guilty, the poor job by the police means he can't be proven guilty. You want him to get in trouble for the other things that have been proven, I have no problem with that at all. I think he is a huge dumb ass, I just don't know if he is actually a r*pist.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 pm

ReneeM wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

Sorry but I looked at the link that umgirl put up and I do not see where they were making light of r*pe - they where sending a message to Jamies that "NO" means "NO".  This was not the right time or place maybe but I do believe you falsely accused them of making light of r*pe which they did not do - show poor sportsman ship maybe but not the other.  JMO

Context matters. They weren't saying it seriously, or to raise awareness they were saying it to taunt jameis winston and the rest of the seminoles and them laughing and doing it to the tomahawk chop song is confirmation of that. I falsely accused them of nothing. They did what they did, and IMO and the opinion of many others it was wrong.

I agree with you the three players and the fans of The Ducks started taunting Jamison and it was very unsportsmanlike , classless, and arrogant. I did not like how the FSU players left the field without congratulating the Ducks but Jamison was one of the very few to stay on the field to congratulate them.

I will like to see what kind of punishment these three players get. IMO they should be suspended for the Championship game.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 am

O-H!!!!! Nat'l Champs baby!! #Buckeyes

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica