SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:50 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm pretty happy that the Vols made it back to the top 25 (23td) at the end plus they're going to the Outback Bowl. Trying not to think about what would have happened if they'd won some of those early games that they should have (including OU), especially Florida. Oh well.

I'll be rooting for Clemson in the first game and not sure in the 2nd. I like the SEC to make the final game but am tired of it being Alabama. May be going for Michigan State.

Bean, now that I live in Vol country the sports radio station here was discussing that the Vols were going to win the Outback Bowl by 30 and go undefeated next year and be in the running for the national championship. I was laughing. I think Tennessee was better than their record this year, but they also played down to their lesser opponents. It is pretty funny around here they way they love the Vols.

SLA44 wrote:Oregon Ducks returning to San Antonio to play TCU in Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2

I guess several on this board will not be pulling for the Ducks but I will.  Just hope it is a good game.

Sorry SLA44, got to pull for my conference and my second favorite team in that conference. Nothing personal against the Ducks, I tend to be pulling for them to win most of the games they play.

I am usually against the Big 10, but I would love to see Michigan State beat Alabama, for me it would shut up all the SEC is so much better than everyone else talk that I get stuck in down here. giggling

Hubby always pulls for the ACC, even Miami who FSU kind of hates, and he was teaching faculty at Clemson for a while and still collaborates with them, so him pulling for Clemson is a no brainer. Plus, as he said, they managed to not pull a Clemson this year. I have always liked Clemson because I like the way they play and their overall team values. Their coach is a great guy (just don't look at his eyebrows) and we have friends who are graduates of Clemson. So that one is hard for me, I don't usually pull for OU, but would like to see the Big 12 do well after getting snubbed last year and even getting put down to fourth instead of third this year. It never hurts for your conference to end the year well.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 pm

That's okay stuckinsc I really do understand.   hi  I just want to see a good game - not a blow out on either side.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:26 pm

We lived in Nashville before the Titans came and it was crazy how many people had orange & white cars, Vols' flags, and pompoms on cars, Stuck. Once the Titans came you also saw their flags but still plenty of Vols fans there. I think they'll beat Northwestern but will be happy if they contend in the SEC next year. :Nod:

I like both the Ducks & TCU, SLA44. I'll probably root for TCU because they're local but will be happy either way.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:31 am

I pull for the Titans and really miss Marcus Mariota playing for the Ducks but am happy for him with his new team and glad that he is having a pretty good rookie year.  Funny how I never paid any attention to the Titans before and now they are one of my favorite teams.  laugh out loud

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:43 am

SLA44 wrote:I pull for the Titans and really miss Marcus Mariota playing for the Ducks but am happy for him with his new team and glad that he is having a pretty good rookie year.  Funny how I never paid any attention to the Titans before and now they are one of my favorite teams.  laugh out loud

Mine too since I lived there. I'm really happy they got Marcus and hope that they can improve around him.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:55 am

Very strange game  smileyyay  but TCU divide the odds once again.

Both teams played hard with what they had. Hoorray
to the seniors and each player on that field.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:06 am

:tissuebox

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:59 am

whit90 wrote:Very strange game  smileyyay  but TCU divide the odds once again.

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 23 1377737533 This was the BEST bowl game and I've watched way too many of them.  Coach P just keeps finding ways to put his Horned Frogs in a position to win! He doesn't make excuses for injuries, bad weather, starting freshmen or awful ref calls / non-calls. He even changed his sideline shirt from black to purple at halftime to spark his team.

Congrats to both teams for a well-fought battle and all the best to the seniors. Hoorray

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:19 am

We had given up on the game at half time but kept recording thankfully. We went back to it near the end of regulation and watched OT. Wow, what an ending! I like both teams so was sad for the Ducks and their team but have a soft spot for TCU so was happy about their great comeback.

There have been a lot of blowouts so gets boring but I thoroughly enjoyed my Vols' big win over Northwestern. Hoping for a bigger and better season next year and they're getting a lot of notice these days. I think/hope they're finally back.  :cheerpom:

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:28 pm

whit90 wrote:Very strange game  smileyyay  but TCU divide the odds once again.

Whit, I gave up and turned it off. Congrats! Doing that with your backup QB is really impressive. Horned Frogs redeemed the Big 12 yesterday.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:32 pm

albean99 wrote:We had given up on the game at half time but kept recording thankfully. We went back to it near the end of regulation and watched OT. Wow, what an ending! I like both teams so was sad for the Ducks and their team but have a soft spot for TCU so was happy about their great comeback.

There have been a lot of blowouts so gets boring but I thoroughly enjoyed my Vols' big win over Northwestern. Hoping for a bigger and better season next year and they're getting a lot of notice these days. I think/hope they're finally back.  :cheerpom:

Bean we tried to go get our free onion yesterday in Knoxville at 3 PM and you couldn't even park, people were circling the parking lot waiting for others to leave. Knoxville was very excited. Now for months of sports radio predicting the Vols to win the championship next year.

I am hoping Clemson wins, but am afraid to cheer for them, I think I am a bad luck charm.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica