SELECT CONTENT

Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion

Page 53 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 am

Considering my dress is still hanging in my closet unused & unwanted I don't have a problem with it. I did pay for it. Hugesmile

Chantal was beautiful. blowkiss

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

Considering I think both families are more well off than most, I don't think they mind that Chantal 'trashed her dress.' The last 3 weddings I went to saw the bridal party all doing something like jumping in the lake/pool/etc. or having a cake fight. They all had a blast and whoever paid for their attire had no problem with it.

Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion - Page 53 87b72b10 Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion - Page 53 86669110 Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion - Page 53 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 am

Bloomers wrote:Unless the bride paid the thousands for that dress herself, that is a total lack of respect for whoever bought and paid for that dress to trash it. That is appalling behavior.
Perhaps the dress could be cleaned, sold in a consignment shop, and the money from the sale of the dress applied toward some of the wedding expenses if the bride no longer wants her dress.

My dress is sitting in a box, cleaned and pressed years after my wedding. I wish I had had some fun with it back when I could still fit in it. I applaud Chantal for having fun on her wedding day. She jumped in the pool, not in a mud bath.
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Tue May 08, 2012 9:37 am

My mother worked so hard for the money for my wedding dress, and it is true that I never used the dress after I wore it. However, to deliberately destroy the dress in front of her eyes would be a mockery and showing how little I thought about how hard she had worked for that money as well as how much I appreciated it.

I am of the past generation which rebelled; and it beyond any doubt did. However, there were still left in place some things that are completely going, and it scares the willy out of me. The lack of respect for money - the idea that it is easy to get it and it will always be there, easy come easy go - wasn't part of my growing up in those revolutionary years as wild as they were.

We didn't leave this generation in many, many ways with a good legacy, but we did not do that to you. You are doing that to yourselves, and it is scary because we are teetering now as it is financially. Money is not plentiful in our economy, and it is probably going to get overall tighter for everyone.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am

Personally I'm a little horrified by how much weddings cost these days. It's just one day. Even so I feel that's my issue. I do watch "Say yes to the dress" & love it even though I'd never spend that much for a dress.

Chantal's family is well off and it's likely she'd never have done anything with that dress in any case.

Still hoping we get more pics. :yes:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

My daughter, myself and the MIL to be went to her second fitting last week. If my daughter dared to think about trashing that dress, I fear for her life and I would be probably be in a witness protection program, using a new avatar and username on this message board. Thank goodness orange looks good on me and thank goodness this will NOT be a scenario I will have to consider.
In this area, there are even photography packages attached to wedding packages for trashing the dress. What a shame! There are quite a few bridal shops thats resell wedding gowns at great prices with the proceeds going to charities. (battered women's shelters, etc)
How people want to spend their money is a personal issue. And I guess how they want to deal with the dress following the wedding is, too. The world has moved on since our generation, Bloomers. :Frown:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMae Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Chantal looks stunning, absolutely stunning! It's sounds like she's happy and content in her new life and I'm sure the dress can be cleaned.

I would have jumped in the pool too to celebrate.

Let me 'splain...No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen.
Inigo Montoya
MaggieMae
MaggieMae

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm

If the dress dry clean only and the pool is chlorinated, the dress will most likely be trashed.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

I don't want to age myself, I think the younger generation just looks at things differently!

As an aside.....A friend of mine just had her wedding dress made into a christening gown for her first baby.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Now THAT I like!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAnna/JenFan Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 pm

MaggieMae wrote:Chantal looks stunning, absolutely stunning! It's sounds like she's happy and content in her new life and I'm sure the dress can be cleaned.

I would have jumped in the pool too to celebrate.

Chantel does look absolutely breathtaking & so very happy!!

Not a fan of pool-jumping in wedding gowns.... but to each her own :yes:

Really, really loved her bridesmaid dresses too... if only I was still skinny enough to wear that style... sigh giggling
DeAnna/JenFan
DeAnna/JenFan

Female Posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue May 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Well I am about Chantal's age and I am glad I didn't trash my dress. I got a strawberry stain on it and was very upset! (Luckily it came out at the dry cleaners) I did have a beach wedding and during pictures I didn't really care if it got sandy or a little wet but to trash it beyond repair would have made ME sad. I still love that dress, I loved the way I looked in it, and if it's the last thing I do I will find a reason to wear it again! giggling

ETA: I do like the trend of putting bridemaids in white tho!
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chantal O'Brien - Bachelor 15 - Discussion

+68
DeAnna/JenFan
KikiLove
LoveDovez
Iam4UGA
Archer23