SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2

Page 2 of 59 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2

Post by Ash2214 Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:29 pm

isittrue wrote:Just a basic question, I read somewhere that Josh and Andi hired a PR firm to represent them - is this what all the franchise couples do?  I basically don't follow couples post-show, so I am not sure how it all works between appearances and media etc.  Just curious - thanks.

Someone else might have a better answer for you as I don't follow many couples post show either and have just started watching the show for the past few seasons. I'm almost 100% sure that Ashley and JP did. According to Sean's Twitter, someone represents him and considering he's a packaged deal with his wife, I would assume maybe Catherine too or at very least, the person representing Sean helps both of them with events and what not.

I would assume it's a normal thing to do, considering the events don't have to be large or mean they're planning a reality show. It just means if someone wants them to host an event, throw an event, just attend an event, etc., they can email their PR email address and someone there will take care of it all, similarly to all the cool events Sean and Catherine have attended since their season.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2

Post by isittrue Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
isittrue wrote:Just a basic question, I read somewhere that Josh and Andi hired a PR firm to represent them - is this what all the franchise couples do?  I basically don't follow couples post-show, so I am not sure how it all works between appearances and media etc.  Just curious - thanks.

Someone else might have a better answer for you as I don't follow many couples post show either and have just started watching the show for the past few seasons. I'm almost 100% sure that Ashley and JP did. According to Sean's Twitter, someone represents him and considering he's a packaged deal with his wife, I would assume maybe Catherine too or at very least, the person representing Sean helps both of them with events and what not.

I would assume it's a normal thing to do, considering the events don't have to be large or mean they're planning a reality show. It just means if someone wants them to host an event, throw an event, just attend an event, etc., they can email their PR email address and someone there will take care of it all, similarly to all the cool events Sean and Catherine have attended since their season.

Thanks for the answer. I generally don't follow the couples post-show so I am not sure how it works. It seems like good business sense to hire a PR agency for the reasons you named.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:36 pm

isittrue wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.  I generally don't follow the couples post-show so I am not sure how it works.  It seems like good business sense to hire a PR agency for the reasons you named.
Yep on Jash: http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/booking-request.php?SpName=Ashley-Hebert-and-J.P.-Rosenbaum

I wonder if this was their big announcement? Boo!! I want a better one laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Alanna wrote:
isittrue wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.  I generally don't follow the couples post-show so I am not sure how it works.  It seems like good business sense to hire a PR agency for the reasons you named.
Yep on Jash: http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/booking-request.php?SpName=Ashley-Hebert-and-J.P.-Rosenbaum

I wonder if this was their big announcement? Boo!! I want a better one laugh out loud

I doubt that was their big announcement. The timing is off. Josh stated it'll be in a couple weeks and I think only a week has past (the week just seemed to drag it's feet). Plus, I think the announcement is definitely related to the wedding. With them setting up a PR firm, do you still think that ABC would be hosting their wedding or it will be Atlanta based? I'm still rooting for TV though, still pictures are not enough.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

From Alanna's post in the Nick Discussion Thread.

"Regarding the first paragraph, Andi came on the show not wanting someone like her type (Josh), was tired of the whole atl scene and has said she wanted to move away from atl altogether even. Josh said all those things were a burden for him to fight through with her, they weren't positives for him. Personally, I think she didn't really want to leave her life behind but was just really, really frustrated with the whole dating situation and thought a change would help. Combine that with thinking Josh was too good to be true because every guy like him in the past seems to have hurt her in some way, and I understand why she couldn't trust him or what they had until they were in the fs alone. She needed to verify he was who he said he was and she went through the whole deal here.

She also did like Nick for real. It wasn't what she had with Josh but Nick/Andi seem really similar so I think they did understand each other and could communicate well and have deep, intellectual conversations, which she really did love. If they met in another context, I could see them being friends, but not romantically involved.

I guess I don't understand why all this is so hard to believe. She came on this show, met both Josh and Nick, gave both of them a chance, and was open until the end but had to follow her heart. Her behavior with Josh was always different, but even she says that she couldn't admit to what it was- love- until the end. I just don't understand what the complexity is. She slept with him because she was going through the whole process and then at the end, made her decision, and it wasn't Nick."

I don't mind Andi's choice. It was the right one for her.

I also don't understand how in one year she was so tired and over the whole Atlanta social scene. Because she graduated from Wake Forest Law School in Winston Salem, NC in May 2012, it may have been December, but I am assuming she did the standard three year program. She would have been mostly study for the bar exam for most of 2012. So really she was in the Atlanta social scene for all of one year. So nope not buying the whole Atlanta social scene line.

I do think the athlete thing was real. Her ex cheated on her and she was wanting a change from the athlete type. Understandable. I hate that she held it against Josh, since he was not the one to cheat on her.

I am not much for taking people one on one as a type. I find types rarely are true. So that bugged me all season with her and Josh. I really wished Josh had told her to stick her I don't want an athlete crap up her butt.

I really have no problem with Andi on the show, except for two things. The one I already said, was the holding the athlete thing against Josh, but not Marcus or any of the other guys who were athletes. The second was her inability to handle when someone questioned her. This goes back to the bachelor with JPG, but she did it with Eric and then again with Nick. If you question Andi she goes into attack mode. It is not attractive. She was slightly better with Josh, once he calmed her down after Venice, but her whole meltdown even with him and his dislike of the lie detector date was cringe worthy.

It is the second that continues to rank. I have no problem with her getting to know Nick and even having sex with him. I don't believe it that if it weren't Josh she wouldn't be engaged. She had to get engaged. JPG did not get engaged and Andi was cast to be the anti-JPG, she was leaving DR with a ring on her finger. TPTB would not have had it any other way and Andi was a good enough lead and TPTB soldier that she wasn't leaving without a ring. Did that mean she maybe gave Nick more of a chance then she would have if she could have left without the engagement? Maybe, we will never know. I do think once she knew, 100% that Josh was all in and wanted to marry her it was game over. I don't blame her for that. I also don't celebrate her for not making Nick pick out a ring, that truly is not that big of a deal. She could have put on her big girl panties and gone through the FS with Chris. Believe it or not, some people don't have sex in the FS. I don't think she and JPG had sex in the FS. I think her ego wanted to release Chris before the FS, so she wouldn't be like JPG. That is fine, except then she had to keep Nick all the way to the end, even though she may not have wanted to, once she knew Josh was the one. That was her choice. Andi's desire to out do JPG caused her to have the uncomfortableness of having to spend extra time with Nick.

I do think that once you have sex with someone, especially if that person has told you that they love you, that you owe them more compassion and sympathy. She didn't have to stay with Nick, I am glad she didn't. But as the man who she had led up until the ring choosing to believe that she would be willing to get engaged to him (she hugged him and gave off the happy vibe to Nick that Hy had given him permission to propose), she owed him more compassion than she showed. You can disagree with me and that is fine. But when you have sex with someone who tells you that they love you, it isn't just sex it is an act of love, and if you are breaking up with someone who loves you and who you demonstrated love to, then you owe them as much time as they need to feel better.

That is my opinion.

I am happy for Andi and Josh. I hope they wait a year to get married, just to settle into real life first, be that living together, Andi actually working again. Whatever. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to rush to marry them. I actually agreed with Sean on that score. That person isn't your soulmate right away, that takes work and Josh and Andi are still in the new butterfly stage of the relationship. Get through a few challenges, then get married. Really know that they know how to deal with hard times together before they tie each other to one another. I think they will make it through, but why rush, why not make sure first?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:28 pm

I agree that Andi could have come up with a better dumping speech to Nick in the DR than she did, even if she wasn't allowed to tell him she was in love with Josh, but for various reasons, she took a more expedient route. As I have said, I think having slept with him actually made her more embarrassed and uncomfortable around him, and probably contributed to her keeping her emotional distance more than she did with Chris. And before anyone says anything, I'm not excusing her OR judging her, just explaining why I think she behaved the way she did. Would being more remorseful or emotional have provided enough closure for Nick that he wouldn't have gone on his plane rant, or continued to hope for a Mesnick for 2 more months? Maybe, but we'll never know. Unfortunately for him, her negative reaction to his post filming behavior (or what she was led to believe was his behavior by producers) IMO removed any possibility for him to get that compassion or sympathy from her in the future.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

I've actually wondered if Andi wanting to leave Atlanta had something to do with the things that lady tweeted Nick about and then soon deleted. That is, about her bad reputation in the legal scene there. I mean if we were to believe her, then I can see Andi wanting a change of scenery. She kind of seems like the type to run away from problems IMO. And she was so quick to quit her job that she worked so hard for.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 pm

stuckinsc wrote:From Alanna's post in the Nick Discussion Thread.

"Regarding the first paragraph, Andi came on the show not wanting someone like her type (Josh), was tired of the whole atl scene and has said she wanted to move away from atl altogether even. Josh said all those things were a burden for him to fight through with her, they weren't positives for him. Personally, I think she didn't really want to leave her life behind but was just really, really frustrated with the whole dating situation and thought a change would help. Combine that with thinking Josh was too good to be true because every guy like him in the past seems to have hurt her in some way, and I understand why she couldn't trust him or what they had until they were in the fs alone. She needed to verify he was who he said he was and she went through the whole deal here.

She also did like Nick for real. It wasn't what she had with Josh but Nick/Andi seem really similar so I think they did understand each other and could communicate well and have deep, intellectual conversations, which she really did love. If they met in another context, I could see them being friends, but not romantically involved.

I guess I don't understand why all this is so hard to believe. She came on this show, met both Josh and Nick, gave both of them a chance, and was open until the end but had to follow her heart. Her behavior with Josh was always different, but even she says that she couldn't admit to what it was- love- until the end. I just don't understand what the complexity is. She slept with him because she was going through the whole process and then at the end, made her decision, and it wasn't Nick."

I don't mind Andi's choice.  It was the right one for her.

I also don't understand how in one year she was so tired and over the whole Atlanta social scene.  Because she graduated from Wake Forest Law School in Winston Salem, NC in May 2012, it may have been December, but I am assuming she did the standard three year program.  She would have been mostly study for the bar exam for most of 2012.  So really she was in the Atlanta social scene for all of one year.  So nope not buying the whole Atlanta social scene line.

I do think the athlete thing was real.  Her ex cheated on her and she was wanting a change from the athlete type.  Understandable.  I hate that she held it against Josh, since he was not the one to cheat on her.  

I am not much for taking people one on one as a type.  I find types rarely are true.  So that bugged me all season with her and Josh.  I really wished Josh had told her to stick her I don't want an athlete crap up her butt.

I really have no problem with Andi on the show, except for two things.  The one I already said, was the holding the athlete thing against Josh, but not Marcus or any of the other guys who were athletes.  The second was her inability to handle when someone questioned her.  This goes back to the bachelor with JPG, but she did it with Eric and then again with Nick.  If you question Andi she goes into attack mode.  It is not attractive.  She was slightly better with Josh, once he calmed her down after Venice, but her whole meltdown even with him and his dislike of the lie detector date was cringe worthy.

It is the second that continues to rank.  I have no problem with her getting to know Nick and even having sex with him. I don't believe it that if it weren't Josh she wouldn't be engaged.  She had to get engaged.  JPG did not get engaged and Andi was cast to be the anti-JPG, she was leaving DR with a ring on her finger.  TPTB would not have had it any other way and Andi was a good enough lead and TPTB soldier that she wasn't leaving without a ring.  Did that mean she maybe gave Nick more of a chance then she would have if she could have left without the engagement?  Maybe, we will never know.  I do think once she knew, 100% that Josh was all in and wanted to marry her it was game over.  I don't blame her for that.  I also don't celebrate her for not making Nick pick out a ring, that truly is not that big of a deal.  She could have put on her big girl panties and gone through the FS with Chris.  Believe it or not, some people don't have sex in the FS.  I don't think she and JPG had sex in the FS.  I think her ego wanted to release Chris before the FS, so she wouldn't be like JPG.  That is fine, except then she had to keep Nick all the way to the end, even though she may not have wanted to, once she knew Josh was the one.  That was her choice.  Andi's desire to out do JPG caused her to have the uncomfortableness of having to spend extra time with Nick.

I do think that once you have sex with someone, especially if that person has told you that they love you, that you owe them more compassion and sympathy.  She didn't have to stay with Nick, I am glad she didn't.  But as the man who she had led up until the ring choosing to believe that she would be willing to get engaged to him (she hugged him and gave off the happy vibe to Nick that Hy had given him permission to propose), she owed him more compassion than she showed.  You can disagree with me and that is fine.  But when you have sex with someone who tells you that they love you, it isn't just sex it is an act of love, and if you are breaking up with someone who loves you and who you demonstrated love to, then you owe them as much time as they need to feel better.  

That is my opinion.

I am happy for Andi and Josh.  I hope they wait a year to get married, just to settle into real life first, be that living together, Andi actually working again.  Whatever.  Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to rush to marry them.  I actually agreed with Sean on that score.  That person isn't your soulmate right away, that takes work and Josh and Andi are still in the new butterfly stage of the relationship.  Get through a few challenges, then get married.  Really know that they know how to deal with hard times together before they tie each other to one another.  I think they will make it through, but why rush, why not make sure first?
I'm only going to respond to the bolded. From what Josh said on the show Hy and Patti were married within 9 months and still married 31 years. I met my husband who was being transferred and only had dated him for 2 months and we managed to survive 26 years. I've also known couples that have known each other for long periods of time before getting married and they didn't make it. So what I'm trying to say is there is no guarantee whether they wait or not. So maybe to them they aren't rushing and are sure. Also we really don't know when they will get married. If it's in May that would be a year after they got engaged.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm

pander3575 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:From Alanna's post in the Nick Discussion Thread.

I don't mind Andi's choice.  It was the right one for her.

I also don't understand how in one year she was so tired and over the whole Atlanta social scene.  Because she graduated from Wake Forest Law School in Winston Salem, NC in May 2012, it may have been December, but I am assuming she did the standard three year program.  She would have been mostly study for the bar exam for most of 2012.  So really she was in the Atlanta social scene for all of one year.  So nope not buying the whole Atlanta social scene line.

I do think the athlete thing was real.  Her ex cheated on her and she was wanting a change from the athlete type.  Understandable.  I hate that she held it against Josh, since he was not the one to cheat on her.  

I am not much for taking people one on one as a type.  I find types rarely are true.  So that bugged me all season with her and Josh.  I really wished Josh had told her to stick her I don't want an athlete crap up her butt.

I really have no problem with Andi on the show, except for two things.  The one I already said, was the holding the athlete thing against Josh, but not Marcus or any of the other guys who were athletes.  The second was her inability to handle when someone questioned her.  This goes back to the bachelor with JPG, but she did it with Eric and then again with Nick.  If you question Andi she goes into attack mode.  It is not attractive.  She was slightly better with Josh, once he calmed her down after Venice, but her whole meltdown even with him and his dislike of the lie detector date was cringe worthy.

It is the second that continues to rank.  I have no problem with her getting to know Nick and even having sex with him. I don't believe it that if it weren't Josh she wouldn't be engaged.  She had to get engaged.  JPG did not get engaged and Andi was cast to be the anti-JPG, she was leaving DR with a ring on her finger.  TPTB would not have had it any other way and Andi was a good enough lead and TPTB soldier that she wasn't leaving without a ring.  Did that mean she maybe gave Nick more of a chance then she would have if she could have left without the engagement?  Maybe, we will never know.  I do think once she knew, 100% that Josh was all in and wanted to marry her it was game over.  I don't blame her for that.  I also don't celebrate her for not making Nick pick out a ring, that truly is not that big of a deal.  She could have put on her big girl panties and gone through the FS with Chris.  Believe it or not, some people don't have sex in the FS.  I don't think she and JPG had sex in the FS.  I think her ego wanted to release Chris before the FS, so she wouldn't be like JPG.  That is fine, except then she had to keep Nick all the way to the end, even though she may not have wanted to, once she knew Josh was the one.  That was her choice.  Andi's desire to out do JPG caused her to have the uncomfortableness of having to spend extra time with Nick.

I do think that once you have sex with someone, especially if that person has told you that they love you, that you owe them more compassion and sympathy.  She didn't have to stay with Nick, I am glad she didn't.  But as the man who she had led up until the ring choosing to believe that she would be willing to get engaged to him (she hugged him and gave off the happy vibe to Nick that Hy had given him permission to propose), she owed him more compassion than she showed.  You can disagree with me and that is fine.  But when you have sex with someone who tells you that they love you, it isn't just sex it is an act of love, and if you are breaking up with someone who loves you and who you demonstrated love to, then you owe them as much time as they need to feel better.  

That is my opinion.

I am happy for Andi and Josh.  I hope they wait a year to get married, just to settle into real life first, be that living together, Andi actually working again.  Whatever.  Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to rush to marry them.  I actually agreed with Sean on that score.  That person isn't your soulmate right away, that takes work and Josh and Andi are still in the new butterfly stage of the relationship.  Get through a few challenges, then get married.  Really know that they know how to deal with hard times together before they tie each other to one another.  I think they will make it through, but why rush, why not make sure first?
I'm only going to respond to the bolded.  From what Josh said on the show Hy and Patti were married within 9 months and still married 31 years.  I met my husband who was being transferred and only had dated him for 2 months and we managed to survive 26 years.  I've also known couples that have known each other for long periods of time before getting married and they didn't make it.  So what I'm trying to say is there is no guarantee whether they wait or not.  So maybe to them they aren't rushing and are sure.  Also we really don't know when they will get married.  If it's in May that would be a year after they got engaged.

I just hope they know each other through good and bad. My main reason for this, is we have seen Andi not deal with difficulty or stress well. See JPG break up and Eric dismissal. I don't mean this to be harsh to them. But Andi isn't living in real life right now unless she isn't going back to work. Which if she isn't that is fine too. But things are very easy right now, she has all her time to devote to Josh and just be happy. It is important to see the good and bad with the person you love.

Again, Josh is the right choice for Andi, I think they will stay together. Just don't like to see any couple rush into marriage until they know each other.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 pm

I do want to add, because I think many people forget this, but Andi and Josh have been living together since the beginning of May and it is now the end of August. While it wasn't under normal circumstances per say, this couple has had the most normal circumstances coming out of the gate. Most couples from the bachelorette would have just been together everyday for less than a month. Andi and Josh have been together almost everyday for four months. They're not moving to another state either. They get to stay in their home, which makes things less stressful for them and gives them a greater chance.

Considering I don't know them, I'm not going to talk about them rushing into a marriage or not because well, I don't know what their plans are.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I do want to add, because I think many people forget this, but Andi and Josh have been living together since the beginning of May and it is now the end of August. While it wasn't under normal circumstances per say, this couple has had the most normal circumstances coming out of the gate. Most couples from the bachelorette would have just been together everyday for less than a month. Andi and Josh have been together almost everyday for four months. They're not moving to another state either. They get to stay in their home, which makes things less stressful for them and gives them a greater chance.

Considering I don't know them, I'm not going to talk about them rushing into a marriage or not because well, I don't know what their plans are.

Exactly! Our observations are based upon a highly edited TV show that was taped and done 3 months ago now. They have continued to live together an experience that really no one else (with the possible exception of other bach/ette couples) can understand. Again, we each bring our own perceptions and experiences to our commentary but Josh and Andi's experiences and perceptions are not ours. They are surely best qualified to decide when they get married. They are 30 and 27, have lived quite a bit of life as adults and know what they want and need. I do chuckle when we watchers talk with such authority on what the right thing is for them, when they should marry, or what they need to discover about each other because really… we don't know much at all! JMO!

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 pm

mindless wrote:I've actually wondered if Andi wanting to leave Atlanta had something to do with the things that lady tweeted Nick about and then soon deleted. That is, about her bad reputation in the legal scene there. I mean if we were to believe her, then I can see Andi wanting a change of scenery. She kind of seems like the type to run away from problems IMO. And she was so quick to quit her job that she worked so hard for.

Her credibility and reputation is shot because of how she conducted herself in this show.   She has shown no humility, tact or compassion and I'm not even talking about Nick.  She should really hang on to Josh because he has already suffered all sorts of humiliation just to be with her.   Her saving grace was  there was a doofus at the end who proposed to her.  Everything is forgiven if you managed a "happy ending" no matter how ingenious, pretentious and cruel you are in dismissing your relationships.  

I remembered what Josh' mom said to him during the hometowns,  that for the longest time he has put others before himself for so long and now its his time to to put himself first.   Now he ends up with a self absorbed brat who can't take any kind of opposition or negative feedback.  This is why she cannot be with Nick because he has the nerve to challenge her.  Andi needs someone who will let her wear the pants and as long as Josh is docile and stay under her thumb, there will be no trouble.  

I have to apologize to Andi's fans... but really I have never seen a Bachelorette treat people so bad and got away with it.  I just feel that Juan Pablo and other Bachelors were punished so much by the media and fans for being honest and truthful but they werent unkind or cruel or dismissive toward people as Andi was.   I just feel sorry for Josh he deserved much much better.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 59 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread #2

+67
Bet2Win
StacyNor
eirekay
joshfan
nutty1
Ladybug82
atem
laurentx
nikikass
moonpie
Luvstruck