SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff - Page 47 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff

Post by MiaHawk Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Sprite wrote:She is a long time fan of the show.

She knows/is friendly with JS who has been on the show.

IMO she knows what tptb can do to manipulate you during filming and with the edit based on her friendship with JS and from watching the show. She is conducting herself with this in mind.

She is a woman in a profession where you have to learn how to handle yourself under stressful circumstances with tact and professionalism.

Last season she saw and liked Chris. She seems like a take charge type and saw that he was the bachelor and went for it. From what we have seen thus far, now having met him, nothing has changed. She still likes him, thinks they are compatible and could be a good match. She has stated that she likes a shy guy who appreciates an outgoing woman such as herself. She sees that with Chris and she is in pursuit.

Got to admire a woman who knows who she is, what she wants and goes after it...all the while conducting herself with grace, good humour...and dare I say it....acting like a grown up! I can't help but root for her.

I agree Good Post
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff - Page 47 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff

Post by sanlee088 Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Got to admire a woman who knows who she is, what she wants and goes after it...all the while conducting herself with grace, good humour...and dare I say it....acting like a grown up! I can't help but root for her.

I agree Good Post

I know right? She impresses me each week with how mature she is.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:04 pm

sanlee088 wrote:I too think she really liked Chris last season and was excited to meet him and to know that he is The Bachelor. She might have tried a little too hard sometimes, but you have to in order to get The Bachelor's attention especially with all of the girls he is dating at the same time. You really kind of have to IMO. But, I do think she is genuinely liking what she sees with him as she gets to know him. And vice versa. I still don't think Chris has much to say with any of the girls even with Whitney. He just doesn't seem to say much besides kissing all of them. Lol I can see Whitney brings out a different side of him though more so than most of the other girls. IMO

I recently watched the movie Nebraska. Anybody else see it? Well, that movie portrays the mid-western stereotypes very well. The men are hard working but short on words and only speak when they have to, mostly to discuss things like trucks, engines, or sports (in the movie). The women are the more domineering, spunky ones, more chatty and warm. It kind of reminded me of CS's hometown date with Andi. His mother and sisters were hi-lighted, and I don't even recall seeing or hearing a word from his dad.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:I too think she really liked Chris last season and was excited to meet him and to know that he is The Bachelor. She might have tried a little too hard sometimes, but you have to in order to get The Bachelor's attention especially with all of the girls he is dating at the same time. You really kind of have to IMO. But, I do think she is genuinely liking what she sees with him as she gets to know him. And vice versa. I still don't think Chris has much to say with any of the girls even with Whitney. He just doesn't seem to say much besides kissing all of them. Lol I can see Whitney brings out a different side of him though more so than most of the other girls. IMO

I recently watched the movie Nebraska.  Anybody else see it?  Well, that movie portrays the mid-western stereotypes very well.  The men are hard working but short on words and only speak when they have to, mostly to discuss things like trucks, engines, or sports (in the movie).  The women are the more domineering, spunky ones, more chatty and warm. It kind of reminded me of CS's hometown date with Andi.  His mother and sisters were hi-lighted, and I don't even recall seeing or hearing a word from his dad.      

I haven't seen it, but that's very interesting and could explain a lot. :yes:
sanlee088
sanlee088

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:26 pm

We all know that when the leads have nothing to say, when things are awkward, the go to move is the kiss. That is just the way it is.

I have seen several interviews with Chris that are more farming related than Bachelor related. Not surprisingly, he is articulate, businesslike and self deprecating. I think the show has wanted to present him as a "farmer"...the stereotype of a farmer, rather than the more modern reality of the business...which he actually addressed in one interview. While they say he is rich, they really stress the "awe, shucks, I'm just a simple farmer from a small town growing corn". (We even have lots of images of said corn repeatedly shown lest we forget.)

I think that as with all things having to do with this show, they go for the simple, the obvious and then beat us over the head with it. The awe shucks simple farmer who has a hard time talking to perrrrty young women is the stereotype and that is what we are shown for emphasis...hence, we are lacking any in depth conversations...not that we ever really have them, but again, emphasis. Occasionally, we have real moments like the one with Carly where he spoke about his own insecurities. Those are the moments that I focus on because that is when I see the genuine man. Unfortunately, those moments are few and far between because they show too much reality. (I think that one was kept in because it goes with his theme...will a small town farmer really be able to find someone who wants to move to said small town?)

I have no doubt that he has talked much more in depth with Whitney, Becca and several others that we are just not privy to. (Sean told us how he talked of faith with his ladies and yet we never saw this...and I remember people questioning his sincerity and his faith at times during his show.) The serious issues, discussions will apparently bore us so they are edited out. It is only after the fact, that we eventually hear about them. Seeing how Whitney seems still very interested in Chris, I suspect they have done more than just make out. She does not strike me as an air head like some of these ladies. She is a take charge kind of lady and I bet she has asked some serious questions. The fact that she still wants him makes me think that he managed to articulate the answers to her satisfaction. Hugesmile

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Sprite wrote:

We all know that when the leads have nothing to say, when things are awkward, the go to move is the kiss. That is just the way it is.

I have seen several interviews with Chris that are more farming related than Bachelor related. Not surprisingly, he is articulate, businesslike and self deprecating. I think the show has wanted to present him as a "farmer"...the stereotype of a farmer, rather than the more modern reality of the business...which he actually addressed in one interview. While they say he is rich, they really stress the "awe, shucks, I'm just a simple farmer from a small town growing corn". (We even have lots of images of said corn repeatedly shown lest we forget.)

I think that as with all things having to do with this show, they go for the simple, the obvious and then beat us over the head with it. The awe shucks simple farmer who has a hard time talking to perrrrty young women is the stereotype and that is what we are shown for emphasis...hence, we are lacking any in depth conversations...not that we ever really have them, but again, emphasis. Occasionally, we have real moments like the one with Carly where he spoke about his own insecurities. Those are the moments that I focus on because that is when I see the genuine man. Unfortunately, those moments are few and far between because they show too much reality. (I think that one was kept in because it goes with his theme...will a small town farmer really be able to find someone who wants to move to said small town?)

I have no doubt that he has talked much more in depth with Whitney, Becca and several others that we are just not privy to. (Sean told us how he talked of faith with his ladies and yet we never saw this...and I remember people questioning his sincerity and his faith at times during his show.) The serious issues, discussions will apparently bore us so they are edited out. It is only after the fact, that we eventually hear about them. Seeing how Whitney seems still very interested in Chris, I suspect they have done more than just make out. She does not strike me as an air head like some of these ladies. She is a take charge kind of lady and I bet she has asked some serious questions. The fact that she still wants him makes me think that he managed to articulate the answers to her satisfaction. Hugesmile

Good post! I'm sure it is just that simple. I wish they would show more of the conversations, but they don't know what we want. giggling
sanlee088
sanlee088

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Rewatched their first date and I will not be shocked one bit if Chris says he knew from that date after the show is over. giggling
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:04 pm

"She's very sweet, she's great but I don't think she is a good fit" says a source.

EOnline about Whitney being the next Bachelorette.

Well she is not a good fit because is engaged but nice try EOnline. cantstopl
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:14 am

IMO she knows what tptb can do to manipulate you during filming and with the edit based on her friendship with JS and from watching the show. She is conducting herself with this in mind.

She is a woman in a profession where you have to learn how to handle yourself under stressful circumstances with tact and professionalism.

Last season she saw and liked Chris. She seems like a take charge type and saw that he was the bachelor and went for it. From what we have seen thus far, now having met him, nothing has changed. She still likes him, thinks they are compatible and could be a good match. She has stated that she likes a shy guy who appreciates an outgoing woman such as herself. She sees that with Chris and she is in pursuit.

Great post!

True nature always peaks through in this show. I have seen nothing to give me pause with her. She is a good one and Chris is lucky she went on show and is taking the initiatives with him that she has.

If Whit was a model/waitress living in LA, I would probably say otherwise. But I believe this Midwestern nurse with a brother in law from Iowa is in it for Chris.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Note to admin./mods: I've edited the post. So no curse words and no reference to others. But mentioned are: Chris (a lot), some Nick and Des (Bette), Kaitlyn & Kelsey (& myself). It's going to be a LONG post.

So, Whitney. It took me some time to gather my thoughts about her. She is a very interesting »subject« for observing, because she is a contradiction and an opposite of what I might expect. She defies the perception.
To explain: from the first time seeing her, in her intro video, she appears as this innocent, genuine, sweetly fragile girly girl, taint naive, and it has nothing to do with her voice (that doesn't bother me), probably it's more of a consequence that the »color« of her apartment and her »make babies« do to me, her little dog (sorry to the »little dogs lovers«, it's just that Paris Hilton chiwawa holding image that I can't shake out of my head and it's been years) her posture – body image – and the vibe I got, that she is really a good girl, eager to fall in love, with an honest crush for Chris and only intention to join »the circus« to meet him, who might get stomp on by other contestants »fighting« for attention and 15min of celebrity status. And I was wrong.

She is no way near naive. She is showing her resoluteness and determination, strength and firmness from the moment she stepped out of the limo. And contrary to Desiree, who as a result of her upbringing (I'm presuming) appears very soft, sensitive and »girly«, who wouldn't be capable to hurt a fly, although remaining determined and energetic, Whitney shows almost »manly« energy (»adjectives« used for the lack of knowledge how to describe) – probably the outcome of her life-story that I've read somewhere here. Whitney appears to me very robust, sensible, manageable, adaptable. It gives me a sense that she has incredible leading skills, quick mind and wit, happy-go-lucky, nimble, deft, prompt to solve any problem, strategist and good manager. I feel like she's also "cut to the chase" kind of girl, no BS, she's a realist, not a dreamer, but definitely ambitious and hard-headed. That's why I feel like if Kelsey and Kaitlyn would be mixed together, the end result would be someone like Whitney. She shows that she is very committed person, especially when she sets her goals (in this case, being with Chris), who has well defined set of priorities, cogent and logic arguments, is observant and maybe what I notice (over)protective, persuasive, good at convincing others and initiating action. She has a good sense of timing.

And if her initial appearance may have fooled me, she has very strong personality, holds her place, definitely is capable to gather attention without lowering herself, demands and gets deserving respect, walks with dignity, even when her style of walk makes me giggle (it reminds me of Meg Ryan), because it's so »uncoordinated« while she's looking so feminine, sexy and charming. She exudes confidence, passion and maturity. She is a woman who knows who she is, what she wants and how to get it.

And all of these seems to attract Chris.
I will be here very direct, so it might cause some disagreement.
But in my opinion, Chris is lacking in many of those characteristics. So in that sense they are complimentary to each other. Or at least Whitney is to him (can't figure out whether there's the other way around too, but she is sure of it).

That reminds me of Chris in previous season, when he was so angry at Nick. Not only was he criticizing Nick for strategizing and laughing at the admission that Nick watched the previous seasons (which later Chris himself admitted to have watched just the same) and knew the process »how the roses go«, but he was also very offensive when he »gave him that speech« (after Nick's date with the home-town rose).

Firstly, I always assumed that Chris must be very insecure to feel threatened by Nick, but mostly insecure in his own approach with the Bette.
Secondly, he demonstrated his inability to verbalize and argument his disapproval, so he didn't let Nick interrupt him (allegedly because he was tired of hearing Nick talk too much), when I feel he simply didn't want to lose the train of thoughts that (finally) accumulated over time and courage to express them. Also he was being very passive-aggressive.
Which made me question Chris' own self-esteem and whether wasn't he, more than feeling threatened by Nick, actually irritated with himself, for feeling weak and not enough and he was lashing on Nick out of own frustration.

Why am I writing this here? – Because Whitney is showing certain similarities with Nick.
But Chris is actually liking them. Because he doesn't feel threatened and he doesn't compare himself to another man. She is there for him, obviously showing her interest in him, boosting his confidence, making him feel important, desired, enough and a man.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:

Great post!

True nature always peaks through in this show. I have seen nothing to give me pause with her. She is a good one and Chris is lucky she went on show and is taking the initiatives with him that she has.

If Whit was a model/waitress living in LA, I would probably say otherwise. But I believe this Midwestern nurse with a brother in law from Iowa is in it for Chris.

I totally agree...on both points. Chris is lucky she is there and that true nature always peeks through.

I just saw a recent interview with Sean where they asked him if the edit shows the real person and he said that they film you for so long, that people can't keep up a front. Eventually, the real person comes through. You can't fake forever. Clearly, nice people have no need to pretend...they just are who they are. It's the nasty's who have to pretend and they just can't keep it up.

I always think it is the hardest for the lead. They are filming long, brutal hours with very little rest. They have to keep everyone happy...the producers and the contestants...and hopefully, not do anything to really embarrass themselves and ruin a potential "relationship". People criticize them for being "fake" when they are spouting the usual bachelor speak. For me, I expect that and don't hold it against them. Once they sign up they have to put on a show...doesn't matter if they fell for someone right off the bat. They have very little control and the show must go on. I keep an eye out for little snippets that give me a clue of the real person. The scene with Carly where he spoke of his insecurities was one. The date with Whitney was another. Forget the first part where they were awkwardly talking. I'm referring to the part where they were at the wedding and we really didn't hear what they were talking about. They were just dancing and goofing around and I felt as if I was just watching some random couple at a wedding. Both seemed so relaxed and having fun. And it was a joy to watch him all giddy like a teenage boy on his first date asking her to accept his rose. I think Whitney sees that and responds in kind. She kind of reminds me of Molly. A woman who is not afraid to take charge of a relationship because the man is a bit socially challenged when it comes to dating. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she knows who she is and what she likes and as long as Chris doesn't mind, I see nothing fake about it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dot R. Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Such a thoughtful page of posts!

Dot R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff

+86
CHO
Trueloveforever
JulesInMS
barbell
Buckeye_Fan