SELECT CONTENT

BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 20 of 45 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by 1funnyfish Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Looking forward to seeing the Justin/Cassandra pairing. I think they are both sweet people. It's cute that they both are single parents, as well. Hope they last!

1funnyfish

Back to top Go down

BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:08 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:
chloep wrote:My input:

RS himself said that he doesn't know a thing about ML, their wedding plans etc. All the info he has is from here + his own ever so charming input. (People have to learn to read between the lines when it comes to him.. info vs opinion. While one is pretty spot-on most of the time, the other has proven itself to be worth absolutely squat time and time again. )
The fact that they got paid, etc, is just his opinion. How would he know all what he apparently knows about this "cash grab", when he himself says that he is completely unaware of all thing concerning Marcus/Lacy? It's completely oxymoronic. Simple as that.
A wedding special, or as RS put it "cash grab", airing before BIP2 has ALWAYS been the plan, just look back in ML's thread to my posts from last summer. You know, when RS said that Lacy was moving to Dallas, but it's not gonna work anyway. :winkie:

PS:Des/Chris vs Marcus/Lacy are different "fandom", as you will. You can't even compare the two "potential" weddings. Des and Chris got a very nice deal from ABC associates for their wedding special. Marcus and Lacy  highly probably won't get "paid" near as much. Nor was their wedding anywhere as costly as a potential TB wedding would have been. It's all about TB vs BIP.
I didn't know Des and Chris got anything from ABC: do you have details on that?  I always felt like they got "ripped off" and I think it would be nice if they got something from ABC. Was there anything showing video, etc? Just wanting to check it out if there is.

Yeah, I would like to know more about that too because as far as I know, D/C's wedding clips were never shown on television. I'm sure they got paid a nice amount by US Weekly for their wedding article and by ABC for participating in their "love stories" segment, but not the hundreds of thousands of dollars that past couples have gotten for an actual wedding special. Even if RS is just guessing on that, I think that most of us would probably agree. They don't seem bitter or anything, but I'm sure they had a moment of "wait, we're one of the 5 couples in 30 seasons to make it and we're the only ones NOT to get a wedding. Jason/Molly got a freaking wedding and they don't even count!"  

And, I guess I get why M/L got a paid wedding - it gives BIP  a little bit more credence and gives people hope that Jade and Tanner will last (although I don't think that they will), and it was probably a fraction of the cost that C/D would have gotten. STILL.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 pm

I meant the wedding "exclusive" coverage of their wedding. At that point they were independent from TB but ABC execs set them up with one of "their" magazines. Was it US or People? I am not sure anymore. Keep in mind the money from that has gone straight to them, whereas ML's coverage will be included in their BIP deal
.ps: I am not at all indicating that they are bitter, etc. I just mean that it is completely diff. things and completely diff. dimensions when it comes to this "pay". Something that RS doesn't seem to realize. I love both couples and they did just fine for themselves. Smiley

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:30 pm

snipped because my question was answered. Sorry. Embarassed

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:19 pm

chloep wrote:I meant the wedding "exclusive" coverage of their wedding. At that point they were independent from TB but ABC execs set them up with one of "their" magazines. Was it US or People? I am not sure anymore. Keep in mind the money from that has gone straight to them, whereas ML's coverage will be included in their BIP deal
.ps: I am not at all indicating that they are bitter, etc. I just mean that it is completely diff. things and completely diff. dimensions when it comes to this "pay". Something that RS doesn't seem to realize. I love both couples and they did just fine for themselves. Smiley
Ok, makes sense. 
I would guess Des probably got some "perks" because she is in the wedding business and has a large following. So I don't think they had to foot the whole bill by themselves but it's too bad that ABC couldn't get them some airtime and some additional freebies. Oh, well. They seem happy without all that and they got to do it on their own terms.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 am

I always thought Des/Chris weren't interested in the bachelor producing/ paying for their wedding. They seem to shy away for the franchise. But what do I know hmmm . Its sad if they didn't get an offer.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:09 am

Maybe it was a $$$ thing? The Marcus/Lacey wedding may have been super small/cheap. I don't think that Des/Chris necessarily didn't get an offer, since there seemed to be negotiations going on for a while... I just think whatever offers they were given weren't necessarily one they wanted or were interested in. They got hooked up with US Weekly, had a lovely spread and the cover, and seemed to have the wedding they wanted. So I really doubt Des/Chris care.

Also, is the Marcus/Lacey wedding stuff even a full episode? Don't want to read RS because I don't want to be episode-by-episode spoiled, but I doubt it will be more than an hour.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

It probably won't be. The plan was for a one hour BIP special, not strictly ML, before BIP2 premier. This plan may have changed recently though.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:20 am

To put the Des Chris conversation to bed.

Yahoo

Chris Harrison Blogs 'The Bachelor' Episode 3

Yahoo TV
Chris Harrison
January 19, 2015

Chris Harrison Blogs 'The Bachelor' Episode 3
Jimmy Kimmel and Chris Harrison
I want to start this week by saying congratulations to Desiree and Chris, who were married this Sunday down in beautiful southern California. For those of you who wanted this wedding to be televised, so did I. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. You don't get to just make a television show out of whatever you want, whenever you want. There is a lot that goes into doing any network show. We came very close to working out a deal for a special that would've included Chris and Des's wedding, but things just didn't work out in the end. I'm very sorry for that because as fans of the show, I understand that you want to see this journey come full circle. Most importantly, please know that this was not a sign of disrespect for Des and Chris at all by the Bachelor family. They are very much beloved by all of us and we are so thrilled they tied the knot this weekend. So to Des and Chris I say, "We love you, and congratulations on a beautiful life together."

IMO the deal was something Chris and Des didn't want. As chloep indicated, they got a lot of other perks and got to have a wedding that they planned all along, the way they wanted. Win win for everyone.

I would love to see a one hour special on M&L! Thanks chloep, keep us updated if you hear anything else about the 1 hr special.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71522

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Who knows what the truth is, but a) I don't really believe a word CH says and B)I don't really see anything in his statement that says that the deal didn't go through because Des/Chris didn't want it.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:50 pm

According to RS blog he mentioned that the premiere of BIP will be two nights august 2 and august 3 . Two nights BIP premiere. Assuming it's two nights premiere , he said maybe Sunday August 2 they will show m/l live tv wedding . My guess is they might show the whole wedding ceremony and possibly their reception too since from the past tv weddings that were taped abc showed some glimpse of their reception. I would take m/l would want to show their wedding with more camera time .  We'll just see.

BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 Eb97c9
BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 9zt107BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 XgicucBIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 Oaw2uvBIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 2pqw5k8BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 30szzauBIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 20 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 pm

With some of the stupidities that tptb threw into Sean and Cat's wedding special, Des and Chris were better off without having them involved. I loved watching the wedding but the rest of it, yuck. Hope they don't do that to M/L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 45 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BIP - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
Here4TheWrongReasons
ElonM
Seabear
MiaHawk
Brill