SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:47 pm

scenedujour wrote:
Laudergirl wrote:^^^^^
That's just it. If it were an issue of Andi not finding Josh to be intellectually challenging enough, or if their equally strong alpha personalities were a main reason for their problems, it would have presented itself a lot sooner IMO.
That's what I find so confusing about these theories people have. There are a lot of inconsistencies. For almost every theory I have heard about their breakup or why they have issues, I can tell you something that contradicts it. Things aren't adding up to me and I hope to get some clarity on Sunday night.

I'm a longterm lurker posting for the first time. Full disclosure I was (and still am) a huge fan of Nick so my perspectively is probably colored by this bias. Nevertheless, I can certainly imagine that Josh and Andi were not compatible intellectually, and I've always held that opinion. No offense to Josh but he never struck me as being very deep during the show. When they weren't butting heads, they had the most superficial conversations (at least in the edit we got).

I'm not suggesting Andi is an intellectual but she graduated from law school which means she does have the capability (or perhaps the slight desire) to stimulate her brain to some degree. Perhaps more so than she realized before this relationship and probably helps explain the attraction to Nick in the first place. She only managed to tell us quite often about their mental connection.

It could very well be that once the initial infatuation wore off and the rose-colored glasses came off, she was much more aware of how incompatible the two of them truly were at least in this regard. This isn't meant to suggest that Josh is at fault or lacking in some way, but people are different and have varying needs. I'm not a huge fan of Andi but I can relate on this point.

I don't consider myself an intellectual although I do have a Ph.D. And while I do love to have fun and engage in a fair number of trivial pursuits very often, I do need that mental stimulation, someone who challenges me and forces me to think beyond my limited scope, opens up new experiences and perspectives. I dated someone once where it was fun all the time and within a couple of months I was very bored although I stuck it out for almost a year. When it ended I was devastated because I hurt someone I truly cared about, but it was definitely the right thing to do.

I share this to say that I can understand the apparent contradiction where Andi might be broken up about the relationship but on some level still feel like the two of them did not match up intellectually.

And now my cynicism comes into play. She might also be feeling broken up and devastated because I think Andi really wanted the relationship to succeed for a number of reasons that probably had little to do with love. She strikes me as the kind of person (and I can also relate on this score) who takes failure personally. So it's hard for her to forgive herself that the person she picked in the end wasn't right for her. It makes her feel weak and that she did not live up to expectations. I also suspect that after the Nick fiasco during the ATFR she was determined to have a successful relationship to show him up, but also prove to everyone else who saw (or heard about it), that in the end it did not matter. Now she has to deal with some people (and in her mind Nick too) probably reveling in the breakup. Finally, I also imagine that having Josh on her arm seemed like a real coup since he is considered a hunk by so many people. That's probably why she usually goes after the athletes. She needs that external validation and this would explain why the relationship lasted as long as it did. She was determined to make it work.

Great post and welcome to the board, scenedujour.

Hoping Nick stays far away from Andi. We have actually only seen him with Christy when he is also with Nick S, maybe JJ will keep him busy and away from the scene.

BTW, we have hockey here in the south. Atlanta used to have the Thrashers and there is plenty of minor league hockey all over Georgia. If Andi hadn't seen a hockey game before she is one of the few who I know from this area who hasn't. Whatever. I am over Andi. Hopefully, this Sunday is the last we see of her for a while.

Kasha, I bet your kissy face was awesome. I think children give us the pass for funny faces.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Kashathediva wrote: snipped

She would fit in well. She has already lost at least one tooth! She might be ahead of the game.

It's dangerous to drink hot coffee while catching up on posts. spitcoffee

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:42 pm

If you combined Josh and Nick, you would have MeandI's ideal man: A well dressed, slightly edgy, intellectual with an athlete's body that is mellow enough to put up with her drama. I personally don't feel she brings enough to the table to keep a man like this, but hey - can't blame her for trying. :cutesmile!:
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:48 pm

^Thank you for basically saying what I was thinking. If Andi truly wants a more intellectual guy, she may have trouble being intellectually stimulating enough for said guy.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Especially after doing this show, not once but twice! partytime

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveGodTheMost Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:01 pm

I have been so confused this past few weeks...because it was stated way back that Andi and Josh "made sense" as a couple out of all  the couples from the show.  What happened....what a turn around...

Last edited by LoveGodTheMost on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoveGodTheMost
LoveGodTheMost

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 pm

FLChica wrote:If you combined Josh and Nick, you would have MeandI's ideal man: A well dressed, slightly edgy, intellectual with an athlete's body that is mellow enough to put up with her drama. I personally don't feel she brings enough to the table to keep a man like this, but hey - can't blame her for trying. :cutesmile!:

Very good.  I'd  just say to add in a rich socialite to the mix and you'd have her ideal man.  No way could she hold on to him, IMO.

Looking at her picture at a hockey game, I see she's loving her kissy face!

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:07 pm

If the US magazine about Andi being at a hockey game is any indication of how the general public feel about her and the comments that were made. Not one positive post was made . I do not care how many followers she has the.general public is sick of her and her duck lip face. It is very clear IMO the General public do not care for her at all. They just want her to go far away.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Her duck face photo got 35000 likes. So some people think it's cute and aren't sick of her, I guess? laugh out loud

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 51 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:13 pm

bleuberry wrote:Her duck face photo got 35000 likes. So some people think it's cute and aren't sick of her, I guess? laugh out loud

She also had 563 comments and most of them are positive.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 pm

nannymargie wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Her duck face photo got 35000 likes. So some people think it's cute and aren't sick of her, I guess? laugh out loud

She also had 563 comments and most of them are positive.

Hmm, so much for the theory of the general public disliking her. That remains to be proven.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:16 pm

I was just going to comment the same thing and "keep it real." She had about 500 comments and I only saw a few negative ones. To be fair I only read through about the first 100. Maybe 6 or 7 were negative. Some were still asking about Josh. Some didn't know she broke up. She got close to 35,000 likes, so some must like the "duck face." For the record I hate the duck face.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

+77
Laura Walsh
ElonM
SafronSahara
Luvstruck
dw_a_mom