SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm totally rooting for Andi. :yes: I hope she can move past this and get her life back in order. 

I'm also secretly hoping she ends up doing something in law, career wise. :hidingchair

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by Alanna Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:00 pm

bleuberry wrote:I'm totally rooting for Andi. :yes: I hope she can move past this and get her life back in order. 

I'm also secretly hoping she ends up doing something in law, career wise. :hidingchair
Samesies! I'd like for her to stay in atl, find the perfect man for her and go back to practicing law in some capacity. I'm really happy to follow her post this craziness as she navigates her next adventures Smiley

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueloveforever Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Alanna wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I'm totally rooting for Andi. :yes: I hope she can move past this and get her life back in order. 

Samesies! I'd like for her to stay in atl, find the perfect man for her and go back to practicing law in some capacity. I'm really happy to follow her post this craziness as she navigates her next adventures Smiley

word I agree

"True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends."
Trueloveforever
Trueloveforever

Female Posts : 3064

https://www.youtube.com/truelove4every1

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:28 pm

No offense to anyone, but I actually don't think Andi enjoys the law, so I would be happy for her to find something she does. Given her personality, I think she expected to love being a lawyer, but she gave it up easily and her statements of she worked so hard to get it she should use it don't sound like a person who wants to practice law.

She is not the first person who I have met who went to law school and then really didn't like being a lawyer. Most have loans to pay off so have to stick with it. If this experience has given her the chance to not have to worry about loans or anything then I truly hope she finds her joy. If it is law great, but if it isn't then truly that is okay too.

This is not to be negative at all, but rather positive that when it comes to career, just like Deanna, Ali and Melissa, I hope for her to be able to pursue what she really wants.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 pm

I don't know what Andi, wants to do from here on out but I am sure she will be successful an I look forward to seeing what's in store for her next...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 pm

luvlady345 wrote:I don't know what Andi, wants to do from here on out but I am sure she will be successful an I look forward to seeing what's in store for her next...

handwave clapping!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:50 pm

The way that article was written is not worded right but I am going watch that part again to make sure I am remembering correct. But we did discuss on the forum.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:53 pm

I don't know, I think doing the show might've clouded what she really wants, heck even her choice in a husband may have changed. I'm hopeful that when the dust settles, she'll find her way back to the people and things she loved.

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 pm

bleuberry wrote:I don't know, I think doing the show might've clouded what she really wants, heck even her choice in a husband may have changed. I'm hopeful that when the dust settles, she'll find her way back to the people and things she loved.

I do not disagree. But to me the fact that once she left to tape the bachelor she never went back to that job at all. Compare to Nikki who also taped two whole shows, granted CT was much shorter than bachelorette, but she was traveling to meet up with JPG in secret, and she worked as soon as she was back and the whole way through.

Again, this is not an insult to Andi at all. She went from high school to undergrad to law school without break. If she made it through all that then studied hard to pass the bar, and after a short time in a very demanding profession where the challenge of the court room and the fun and challenging prosecuting part is a tiny small part of the overall practice of law, I can see very easily that she discovered that she did like law.

Her original Jezebel interview about doing the bachelor and bachelorette, she says that the day she tried out for the bachelor, she was out of work early for the first time in a while or maybe it was a long time. It is just perfectly okay for me if Andi discovered law isn't what she wants and can actually afford to try something else because of this stupid show. It might be one good thing in all of this that happened for her in the long run.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:01 pm

stuckinsc wrote:No offense to anyone, but I actually don't think Andi enjoys the law, so I would be happy for her to find something she does.  Given her personality, I think she expected to love being a lawyer, but she gave it up easily and her statements of she worked so hard to get it she should use it don't sound like a person who wants to practice law.  

She is not the first person who I have met who went to law school and then really didn't like being a lawyer.  Most have loans to pay off so have to stick with it.  If this experience has given her the chance to not have to worry about loans or anything then I truly hope she finds her joy.  If it is law great, but if it isn't then truly that is okay too.

This is not to be negative at all, but rather positive that when it comes to career, just like Deanna, Ali and Melissa, I hope for her to be able to pursue what she really wants.

ITA! I have seeing doctors give up their career bcs it didn't bring them joy. So, I hope she follows her passion, whatever that is.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm

IA, it is so important to find passion and love in your career and life's work. Sometimes you change, then the focus changes and you find a new love. Life's too short to do something day in and day out you don't love.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:21 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I don't know, I think doing the show might've clouded what she really wants, heck even her choice in a husband may have changed. I'm hopeful that when the dust settles, she'll find her way back to the people and things she loved.

I do not disagree.  But to me the fact that once she left to tape the bachelor she never went back to that job at all.  Compare to Nikki who also taped two whole shows, granted CT was much shorter than bachelorette, but she was traveling to meet up with JPG in secret, and she worked as soon as she was back and the whole way through.

Again, this is not an insult to Andi at all.  She went from high school to undergrad to law school without break.  If she made it through all that then studied hard to pass the bar, and after a short time in a very demanding profession where the challenge of the court room and the fun and challenging prosecuting part is a tiny small part of the overall practice of law, I can see very easily that she discovered that she did like law.

Her original Jezebel interview about doing the bachelor and bachelorette, she says that the day she tried out for the bachelor, she was out of work early for the first time in a while or maybe it was a long time.  It is just perfectly okay for me if Andi discovered law isn't what she wants and can actually afford to try something else because of this stupid show.  It might be one good thing in all of this that happened for her in the long run.

You are spot on. I am a lawyer and know many, both classmates from law school and colleagues I met as a young lawyer, who were just miserable practicing law and despite being saddled with student loans, left law for another job\career. What we all thought practicing law would be like when we were in law school, and what the reality of practicing law is, are worlds apart. Andi would not be the first to decide relatively early in her career that practicing law is not what she wants. It always seems exciting on TV and in movies- the courtroom drama. I personally love the courtroom, but the reality is, that is a very small part, and the majority is mounds of paperwork, boring but necessary tasks, deadlines, stress and pressure.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

+72
FLChica
seneca
citygirl1962
Kaltie
Bet2Win