SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 39 of 70 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 54 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by cindebugg Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 pm

kdawng wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:^^I bet Chris is one of those guys who pretty much sailed easily through life with his good looks, athleticism at football, adoration of three sisters and built-in passion for family business right in his backyard so no need to interview/get rejected. !

So, it looks like he's finally met his match with ballroom dancing. As my kids LOVE to hear me say (or on second thought, do NOT giggling ): What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So, hang in there Chris!!

I think the experience on DWTS is making him tougher and learn more about himself. BUT, as said above, he is his own worst enemy and gets too much in his head when he needs to work more on having fun and actually listening (vs. putting up wall). Nobody enjoys criticism - especially on national TV - and I think that's chipping away at him. Poor guy face twitches when he's uncomfortable.

I didn't say it very well my first go round but I got the impression last night that Miss Patti was essentially telling her fans, "okay, time for me to go!" with her knee and the very limited amount of content that Gentleman Tony (my DWTS crush for years) put in.

So it should be Patti (for her sake) next and then Chris (for his sanity's sake). Either that or put Alfonso permanently in his classroom to help him lighten up. I just don't think that he and Witney are well matched. He needs someone older/firmer with him yet at same time more patient. On a recent interview something was said about Witney being on his farm (to meet one of his friends) and she just laughed and said something like, "No way you'll get me on a farm!"  

?

i think at first he thought he really had a shot. And i read an interview with fiancee Whitney a few weeks ago that said she thought he would be Top 3.  i don't think anyone else ever thought that!  He doesn't have natural dance moves and isn't a natural performer.  But he should realize he can't win, he just needs to have fun.   and don't snap at a 21 year old that's trying to help you.  I think he lost alot of votes doing that from the non-bachelor lovin folks (if they were voting for him in the first place)

I'm going to assume that the interview was done somewhere around the first week of the show. Based on his first night performance I could see people thinking he could go further than where he's going to end up. As for the bold, maybe that's what TPTB hope will happen.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by mindless Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:34 pm

cindebugg wrote:
mindless wrote:Witney wasn't saying his breath was stinky, that's just the mental image she's using to illustrate correct head position in ballroom. You're supposed to look away and Chris keeps struggling with that. And I totally agree with her that he needs to learn the right posture and arms and head position with the steps, because once you learn something the wrong way, it's that much harder to learn it again the right way. And no, it's not all new to him at this point anymore. They've been dancing together for 7 weeks now everyday, so he should have some basics down by now. That's all she was saying and he snapped at her. I get that he's frustrated but he's his own worst enemy really.

I'm aware she wasn't saying it in the literal sense. I think her problem was in the delivery.  She had a little attitude for whatever reason during that rehearsal.   TPTB just chose not to show that in the edit.  Yes, he snapped at her and he shouldn't have.  Still don't see why Whitney should run over it.  Whoever said, Love means never having to say your sorry did the world a huge disservice.

Whatever, they seem to be over it.  Pap Henri asked Chris if he had kissed and made up with Witney.  He said, No kissing and laughed. He said they took a couple of minutes and hugged it out.

I watched that rehearsal too and I didn't sense any attitude. no idea Chris was just being his usual uncoordinated self. But you're right, they seem to be over it. I do find it strange that Witney hasn't tweeted or IG'd anything about last night. She always does. Maybe she's sick of :headbanging all day everyday already.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Next week is Team Dance week so they have two routines to learn. Chris/Witney are teamed with Riker/Alison, Rumor/Val and Patti/Artem.

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Samuel10DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Samuel10 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Family10DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Samuel15DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 39 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Halfway through the season! To be honest, I'm not wowed yet by the dancing aside from a few standouts: Robert's waltz, Riker's samba and paso, Willow's contemporary and foxtrot, Rumer's salsa, Noah's AT, and Nastia's AT. Of that group, at this point, I think that it'll be a fight to the finish between Riker, Rumer, Willow, and Nastia with maybe Noah sneaking in there.

Though he's doing his best, I do think that it's Chris' time to go. Since there is no elimination next week, he's safe until week 7's double elimination. Maybe if he really knocks it out of the park, he'll beat out Robert for top 6.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm

veg_out wrote:Halfway through the season! To be honest, I'm not wowed yet by the dancing aside from a few standouts: Robert's waltz, Riker's samba and paso, Willow's contemporary and foxtrot, Rumer's salsa, Noah's AT, and Nastia's AT. Of that group, at this point, I think that it'll be a fight to the finish between Riker, Rumer, Willow, and Nastia with maybe Noah sneaking in there.

Though he's doing his best, I do think that it's Chris' time to go. Since there is no elimination next week, he's safe until week 7's double elimination. Maybe if he really knocks it out of the park, he'll beat out Robert for top 6.

Veggie girl! Missed you. BTW, met someone who works out at the same place as Ryan B. I thought of you girl.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 am

veg_out wrote:Halfway through the season! To be honest, I'm not wowed yet by the dancing aside from a few standouts: Robert's waltz, Riker's samba and paso, Willow's contemporary and foxtrot, Rumer's salsa, Noah's AT, and Nastia's AT. Of that group, at this point, I think that it'll be a fight to the finish between Riker, Rumer, Willow, and Nastia with maybe Noah sneaking in there.

Hey Veg! hi Good to see you.

I'm sort of watching. I like Riker & Rumer as far as dancing and that's about it. Noah's impressive but I don't know if he can or should make the finals. I thought I'd like Nastia since she lived here but I'm not feeling it. I like Robert and Chris as people but not dancers.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15357

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 am

mindless wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
mindless wrote:Witney wasn't saying his breath was stinky, that's just the mental image she's using to illustrate correct head position in ballroom. You're supposed to look away and Chris keeps struggling with that. And I totally agree with her that he needs to learn the right posture and arms and head position with the steps, because once you learn something the wrong way, it's that much harder to learn it again the right way. And no, it's not all new to him at this point anymore. They've been dancing together for 7 weeks now everyday, so he should have some basics down by now. That's all she was saying and he snapped at her. I get that he's frustrated but he's his own worst enemy really.

I'm aware she wasn't saying it in the literal sense. I think her problem was in the delivery.  She had a little attitude for whatever reason during that rehearsal.   TPTB just chose not to show that in the edit.  Yes, he snapped at her and he shouldn't have.  Still don't see why Whitney should run over it.  Whoever said, Love means never having to say your sorry did the world a huge disservice.

Whatever, they seem to be over it.  Pap Henri asked Chris if he had kissed and made up with Witney.  He said, No kissing and laughed. He said they took a couple of minutes and hugged it out.

I watched that rehearsal too and I didn't sense any attitude. no idea Chris was just being his usual uncoordinated self. But you're right, they seem to be over it. I do find it strange that Witney hasn't tweeted or IG'd anything about last night. She always does. Maybe she's sick of :headbanging all day everyday already.

She has

witneycarson
10 hours ago
Disney week was a success! Best Hercules I've ever seen- fearless, brave, & strong

 Witney Carson retweeted
Chris Soules @C_Soules
· Apr 14
Keep @WitneyCarson & me dancing! VOTE 1-855-234-5602 Web: http://bit.ly/1BKzsGW & FB: http://on.fb.me/1gJtKuv #dwts

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Thank you Cindebugg! I thought that I had seen her tweeting out support.

I can't imagine Witney or any pro wanting to end their time on show early (well, except that time when Tony had Kate Gosselin! giggling giggling).

Other than that, it is the Pro's job after all and more TV time equals more money and more exposure.

It's been reported by lots and lots of folks, including the DWTS AfterBuzz hosts (who seem to have inside dirt), that Chris is supposed to be a very nice and genuine guy so IMO will give him the benefit of the doubt on their tiff.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by kdawng Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:10 pm

i read where you get $125.000 just for being on the show... Then $10,000 per week for Weeks 3 and 4... Each additional week is worth an escalating bonus: $20,000 each for weeks 5-7; $30,000 each for weeks 8 and 9; and $50K each for weeks 10 and 11

i remember seeing these figures when a minor was on the show and it had to be approved by a judge so it was made public.. I think it was Shawn Johnson

So Chris is making bank

kdawng

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Thank you Cindebugg! I thought that I had seen her tweeting out support.

I can't imagine Witney or any pro wanting to end their time on show early (well, except that time when Tony had Kate Gosselin! giggling giggling).

Other than that, it is the Pro's job after all and more TV time equals more money and more exposure.

It's been reported by lots and lots of folks, including the DWTS AfterBuzz hosts (who seem to have inside dirt), that Chris is supposed to be a very nice and genuine guy so IMO will give him the benefit of the doubt on their tiff.  

Actually Chelsie could not wait to be done with Jake. She stopped asking for support for them fairly early. Now Jake was a complete a**, so that is different, but if Witney is having problems getting Chris to respect her and listen, I can understand her frustration. They are far enough along that she shouldn't have to continually be focusing on the basics. He had a good base level of skill from what I saw from his first dance.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:04 pm

^^^Yes, Stuck, I remember Jake and Chelsie very well. He was a total jerk to her but IMO that was also in line with the BachNation buzz that I can recall hearing about him overall.

I can understand BOTH of their frustrations. Witney got someone who is not a dancer or charismatic performer and this season they are competing with "stars" who have plenty of both talents.

Plus with Chris' size, height and bulk, Witney can not subtly lead Chris around the dance floor without it being super obvious whereas pro's like Kym can probably get away with that w/Robert.

Really, the only reason for their pairing is that she has the same name as his fiancée! I bet she is wishing that she got Riker!!  

But, as far as her having to focus on the basics with him, I just think it is what it is. You can see him counting on the dance floor. He is trying but it just doesn't seem to be sinking in at the pace that this show demands.

This behind the scenes DWTS blog written by someone at Glamour pretty much sums up Chris' situation IMOLink to DWTS blog:  

Chris Soules & Witney Carson: Dancing to “Zero to Hero” from Hercules I'm so conflicted about these two. Chris is not Alfonso, and that's not easy for Witney. On the other hand, Chris has done outstanding considering he has no dance or performance background. They both have an incredible work ethic, so of course tensions are going to run high in rehearsal. (Chris's strong words to Witney were not easy to watch.) If these two make it through tonight, I'm worried about them for next week. 27/40
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:16 pm

cindebugg wrote:
mindless wrote:

She has

witneycarson
10 hours ago
Disney week was a success! Best Hercules I've ever seen- fearless, brave, & strong

 Witney Carson retweeted  
Chris Soules @C_Soules  
 ·   Apr 14    
Keep @WitneyCarson & me dancing! VOTE 1-855-234-5602 Web: http://bit.ly/1BKzsGW  & FB: http://on.fb.me/1gJtKuv  #dwts

She hadn't by the time I posted that. Took her time. Usually she does it the same night.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 70 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 54 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers