SELECT CONTENT

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 34 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by bing2262 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 am

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 34 Ashleyep11ringcropped

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 34 0

I think JP picked the middle ring on NL's right side as shown in SC#1.It looked like it has the biggest stone.
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by superfangirl Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 am

I have to say that I am still so surprised that Ben proposed. I didn't really see that coming.

superfangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:07 am

agentcurls wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
Love_Me wrote:Maybe I don't want to know, but do you think Ben gets on his knee to purpose and they show the ring he picked out as he asks her "Will you marry me?"

you may see the rings that both pick out via NL...may not see Ben's ring as he proposes...you might see JP's ring up close ATFR

Do you think they will be similar or very different? 👋

👋 Different. Ben's may look very "Tacori-like" .....JP's may be more understated elegance but a diamond that makes your eyes go :what:

I hope so! I personally love simple and elegant, the rock is the star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:57 am

superfangirl wrote:I have to say that I am still so surprised that Ben proposed. I didn't really see that coming.
I still can't figure out why HE felt they had reached that point. His interactions with her did not appear (to me) someone who was ready to be husband and wife. It boggles my mind. He HAD to see the interactions between her and JP. He even mentioned it in conversation (him, JP, and Blake) about how JP and he was 'already there' and his mind was 'going'. This smells WAY too much like MF manipulation and Ben following the Bachelorette script.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 am

Closetwatcher wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move it. I don't know if this has been discussed already or not but I haven't been able to locate anything. If it has, please direct me to the correct thread. On to my subject: The dynamic between Ben and JP at the RC from hometown dates on and also, Ben's rejection.

I remember Ben teasing JP about his feelings for Ashley during the 4th episode. From that, I got the impression they were pretty chummy. This was just prior to the orphanage date, after which, Ben emerged as a possible contender. I'm very curious to know whether this changed the relationship between Ben and JP and how awkward it must have been for them at the rose ceremonies; particularly that last one in Fiji when it was just the two of them. We may never know how their friendship (if there ever really was one) was impacted. I just find myself wondering about that a lot.

With regard to Ben's rejection, I am flabbergasted that he was blindsided. He recognized early on (4th episode) that JP was developing feelings for Ashley. Those feelings had to be based on some sort of connection between the two of them one would think. That coupled with the fact that Ashley continued to give JP roses should have been a red flag for Ben. He knew JP was older and presumably more experienced with women (perhaps he saw that as a disadvantage to JP). I'm not understanding why he didn't consider JP to be a serious contender. In Taiwan, Ben didn't think JP would come back from the group date with the rose. He thought it would go to Lucas. Lucas went home that episode and JP came back with the rose. That should have told him JP was one to keep his eye on. I don't recall them airing any footage of Ben worrying about the competition. On the other hand, JP who has always felt he had a strong connection with Ashley, was constantly shown worrying about the competition. Very strange. Any thoughts?
Hi Closetwatcher! (I haven't posted very much either.) I don't think the edit ever showed us enough interaction between JP and Ben to know how they felt about each other. Maybe we'll get more insight at the ATFR. If they aren't friendly already, I certainly hope they can be soon.

I think I read in a previous season, that the contestants are instructed by TPTB not to interact with each other during the last few RCs. That might have added to the awkwardness we saw.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Closetwatcher wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move it. I don't know if this has been discussed already or not but I haven't been able to locate anything. If it has, please direct me to the correct thread. On to my subject: The dynamic between Ben and JP at the RC from hometown dates on and also, Ben's rejection.

I remember Ben teasing JP about his feelings for Ashley during the 4th episode. From that, I got the impression they were pretty chummy. This was just prior to the orphanage date, after which, Ben emerged as a possible contender. I'm very curious to know whether this changed the relationship between Ben and JP and how awkward it must have been for them at the rose ceremonies; particularly that last one in Fiji when it was just the two of them. We may never know how their friendship (if there ever really was one) was impacted. I just find myself wondering about that a lot.

With regard to Ben's rejection, I am flabbergasted that he was blindsided. He recognized early on (4th episode) that JP was developing feelings for Ashley. Those feelings had to be based on some sort of connection between the two of them one would think. That coupled with the fact that Ashley continued to give JP roses should have been a red flag for Ben. He knew JP was older and presumably more experienced with women (perhaps he saw that as a disadvantage to JP). I'm not understanding why he didn't consider JP to be a serious contender. In Taiwan, Ben didn't think JP would come back from the group date with the rose. He thought it would go to Lucas. Lucas went home that episode and JP came back with the rose. That should have told him JP was one to keep his eye on. I don't recall them airing any footage of Ben worrying about the competition. On the other hand, JP who has always felt he had a strong connection with Ashley, was constantly shown worrying about the competition. Very strange. Any thoughts?

handwave Closetwatcher! I think it was Chantal who said in one of her interviews that the contestants were instructed not to interact or talk with each other during the later RC.

Interesting question about JP and Ben's relationship. I'm surprised Ben was caught off guard also as it was in HK that Ashley told JP first about the Bentley stuff. Ben should have picked up on that red flag!!
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 pm

Samantharose wrote:

handwave Closetwatcher! I think it was Chantal who said in one of her interviews that the contestants were instructed not to interact or talk with each other during the later RC.

Interesting question about JP and Ben's relationship. I'm surprised Ben was caught off guard also as it was in HK that Ashley told JP first about the Bentley stuff. Ben should have picked up on that red flag!!

Was Ben there with the guys when JP told them all that Ashley confessed to him about Bentley being in Hong Kong or was this the point where Ben was talking to Ashley?

ETA: I checked back. He was there with the guys.

Last edited by bluwavz on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Samantharose wrote:

IMO they purposefully included some of the red flags that Ben missed, such as the group date rose in Taiwan and JP being told first about Bentley coming back. These are the things that I find interesting to see when re-watching some of the episodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Closetwatcher Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:53 pm

BachetteFan wrote:
Samantharose wrote:

IMO they purposefully included some of the red flags that Ben missed, such as the group date rose in Taiwan and JP being told first about Bentley coming back. These are the things that I find interesting to see when re-watching some of the episodes.

I didn't know they were given instructions not to interact. Interesting. I'm sure by the time they return from hometowns, they don't really want to interact with each other unless it is to tell them to get lost. LOL! Particularly if they have reached the point of considering a proposal.

Regarding the red flags...I had completely forgotten about JP being told about Bentley's return before the others. Even if Ben weren't present during the time, I'm sure the other guys filled him in. Makes me wonder even more how he could have gone to the FRC without considering the possibility that JP might be F1.
Closetwatcher
Closetwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Closetwatcher wrote:
BachetteFan wrote:
Samantharose wrote:

I didn't know they were given instructions not to interact. Interesting. I'm sure by the time they return from hometowns, they don't really want to interact with each other unless it is to tell them to get lost. LOL! Particularly if they have reached the point of considering a proposal.

Regarding the red flags...I had completely forgotten about JP being told about Bentley's return before the others. Even if Ben weren't present during the time, I'm sure the other guys filled him in. Makes me wonder even more how he could have gone to the FRC without considering the possibility that JP might be F1.

I watched back that scene and all the guys were present when JP told them about Bentley's return. I can come up with maybe one reason why Ben wasn't worried about it. When Ashley told the guys about Bentley's return, she didn't tell them exactly when Bentley came back. Ben may have assumed he came back before JP's date, but after Lucas' date and the group date and that's why she told JP before anyone else. That's really the only possibility I can come up with.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Closetwatcher wrote:
BachetteFan wrote:
Samantharose wrote:

It makes no sense especially in light of some of the other guys exit interviews where they acknowledge JP and Ashley's connection.

Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:05 pm

bluwavz wrote:
Closetwatcher wrote:
BachetteFan wrote:
Samantharose wrote:

I watched back that scene and all the guys were present when JP told them about Bentley's return. I can come up with maybe one reason why Ben wasn't worried about it. When Ashley told the guys about Bentley's return, she didn't tell them exactly when Bentley came back. Ben may have assumed he came back before JP's date, but after Lucas' date and the group date and that's why she told JP before anyone else. That's really the only possibility I can come up with.

I know it sounds cynical, but maybe Ben was given a financial incentive to hang around or act out at the FRC? This is Fleiss were dealing with! LOL Ben did get alot of exposure for his wine.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

+86
instinct
appiah01
logomaniac
Nativenewyorker
allykat