SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FBF - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:19 pm

emusha wrote:MVmom I def see what you're seeing and how that quote could throw you off -- it did the same for me... It always throws me off when contestants seem to love the producers when the edit on the show seems to manupilate them so much it's a real contradiction for me...

I'm open to the idea that nick may have gone on the show with ulterior motives but nothing beyond the quote on bustle.com really indicates any clear reality tv ambitions from nick...he's also stayed veryyy low radar in his private life which I don't think makes sense at all if he had any ambitions with the show given how resolutely he goes after his goals -- wouldn't it make sense if he had other ambitions with relation to this show that he'd be much more like chris b or michelle money etc. and be as "visible" as possible or at least pursue and secure opportunities? I also don't think nick enjoyed watching his family struggle with last season that mho

Yes! I totally agree with bolded.

His mother's pain was very evident. So, why would Nick put family through that again to join during ep 4 when Kaitlyn has already formed attachments with other contestants so he is starting at a disadvantage?

Also, why would Nick put his career with Salesforce.com on hold during March, the third month of first quarter 2015 when every software sales person I have known in my 23-year career in the software industry is focused 100 percent on closing deals and making the quarter end be a success for the company that he holds so dear?

So the two most important things in Nick's life ... family and career ... are now put on hold for him to pursue his all-consuming crush for Kaitlyn? no idea

Unless, of course, his parents know that this is now a business decision to go on the show so they don't have to be worried about Nick getting his heart crushed.

And, like Dylan on Andi's season shared in a recent podcast that he (Dylan) had his employer's encouragement to go on the show, Nick's employer gave him the blessing to take a sabbatical from sales because the pay off in exposure for Salesforce would be worth it. And looky here, just when Nick's every move on Twitter is being stalked, he favorites Salesforce CEO's tweet today and the upcoming Salesforce.com event tweet earlier this week. Nice work if you can get it! giggling

Marc Benioff @Benioff  
 ·  21h 21 hours ago  
Great to be with @levie at @BoxHQ conference!

Salesforce @salesforce  
 ·   Apr 19    
It’s everything you need to be a marketing rockstar. Register for #CNX15: http://Connections2015.com

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

FBF - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 pm

very interesting theory there about salesforce liking the exposure he might be their highest profile "reality tv" celebrity employee but I remember dylan talking about his own employer not nick's??
I see where it would make sense from the sales end and maybe he was considering going on BIP but then kaitlyn going on the bette and him liking her threw things a bit and he went on for that show instead - going midway could give more buzz?
I can see what you're saying. the salesforce tweets are very interesting to me but I'd previously seen them as indicators that ABC was planting them to make it sound like nick -- i can see where salesforce + nick could be into that for his career...sales numbers...hmmm can you see salesforce being open to such a thing??

I don't think the tweets are that good for promoting salesforce IMHO -- I don't think people even KNOW what it is by the tweets on nick's feed

I can also see that nick and kaitlyn potentially met in person when nick was in NYC after gmas when he met up with sharleen -- and that led him to really having chemistry with her in a way that he hadn't with anyone for a while...and so decided to risk it...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 pm

emusha wrote:If nick had tv show intentions then why doesn't he go on BIP and get paid for being on the show? contestants on the bette don't get paid while those on BIP get paid

I don't think that Nick has "TV show intentions" or any interest in a career on TV. But, ABC producers know that Nick makes for great reality TV.

So, yes, while we have heard that contestants on the Bachelorette are not paid, we have no way to confirm that Nick ... as a returning contestant ... was not paid.

And, I just discovered another coincidence. Salesforce Connections 2015, the company's annual customer event, is happening in NYC on June 16-18 http://www.exacttarget.com/connections/ ... right when Bachelorette is on air and possibly when BIP is filming.

I am betting Nick is going to be at this event and would not be surprised if he gets one of the breakout sessions to share "his journey" about staying professionally connected to customers using Salesforce tools while filming.  He is currently using Twitter to reach out to fans plus promote Salesforce so it all fits, IMO. Oh yeah, remember this tweet he sent out with a photo of him backstage on laptop?

Nick Viall ‏@viallnicholas28  · Sep 12  
That one time I ran my business backstage with @salesforce1 at AFR #FBF @salesforce
 Salesforce1

EMUSHA - To add to your question about whether Nick's SM activity would be sanctioned by Salesforce ... in a word, YES! While Nick's Twitter account is personal and does not identify him as a Salesforce employee, he has become a public figure and it's known that he works for Salesforce based on his own tweets for his anniversary.

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28   ·   Mar 25    
Today marks my two year anniversary at one of the greatest companies in the world. Thanks @salesforce ! #grateful #innovation  #dreamjob

IMO, Salesforce communications team would ask him to stop tweeting/retweeting if they did not want the exposure/connection to the show.

This is all speculation as we wait for season to start. I could be singing a whole different tune about true love and romance by mid-June. :strings1
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:59 pm

interesting - i do think if he tweets or retweets about salesforce consistently throughout the season then I'd say it part of his deal for being on the show
at the same time I also think the communications team at salesforce would be much smarter to consider the exact demographic the show caters to -- women -- 15-65??? Hardly any men watch the show right?

On the flip side -- who makes the decisions when it comes to the softwares that companies use? What kind of companies are within Nick's purview...

I can see where salesforce can give him paid time off in exchange for exposure and he could use it as a negotiation tactic but I highly doubt that they'd think it strategic to ASK nick to go on the show for exposure for the company
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:13 pm

emusha wrote:interesting - i do think if he tweets or retweets about salesforce consistently throughout the season then I'd say it part of his deal for being on the show
at the same time I also think the communications team at salesforce would be much smarter to consider the exact demographic the show caters to -- women -- 15-65??? Hardly any men watch the show right?

On the flip side -- who makes the decisions when it comes to the softwares that companies use? What kind of companies are within Nick's purview...

I can see where salesforce can give him paid time off in exchange for exposure and he could use it as a negotiation tactic but I highly doubt that they'd think it strategic to ASK nick to go on the show for exposure for the company

I agree with the bolded. I can't imagine his company giving him time off again without asking for something in return. Hence the tweets and retweets lately. Doesn't mean he went on the show for that reason.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm

I'm wondering if Maria Teressa will be able to be there for Nick & Kaitlyn's HTD.  Someone said she is in Van because she is taking a course.  It's unfortunate the spoiler date is a weekday. 

Awhile back, people were discussing Bella being present.  IMO this is a family that doesn't shy away from some of the difficulties life serves up.  I'm thinking she will be there and perhaps will get a redo with a Bette.  I see Kaitlyn as being markedly different so the whole tone of their convo should be unique to them. 

Hope no plates are broken and that there won't be a "name that pic" segment.  BIG hope that this time we get to see Kaitlyn in conversation with one of Nick's parents or perhaps both at the same time.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:57 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
*snipped
And, I just discovered another coincidence. Salesforce Connections 2015, the company's annual customer event, is happening in NYC on June 16-18 http://www.exacttarget.com/connections/ ... right when Bachelorette is on air and possibly when BIP is filming.

I am betting Nick is going to be at this event and would not be surprised if he gets one of the breakout sessions to share "his journey" about staying professionally connected to customers using Salesforce tools while filming.  
The bolded makes a lot of sense to me. Salesforce could spend millions and not get the same quantity or quality of publicity and "real life" example of the value of their products as Nick talking about how he used Salesforce apps to stay connected to work while globe trotting on the 'ette.

If it's true, it is brilliant marketing and the person in marketing who came up with the idea deserves a big raise\bonus.

Heck, maybe Nick came up with the idea to convince Salesforce  to let him take time off to pursue Kaitlyn.   PINKHEART
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, Dylan was talking about his own. He worked at a smaller company and talked about his previous company which was Ernst & Young, highly reputable that would have not let him take the time off. Smaller companies benefit from exposure, the larger ones- your brand is already so large, exposure is not the priority.

Salesforce is a really large company and they don't need exposure from a reality TV show, a dating one where the majority of its target audience are not the same as Salesforce. I don't see Salesforce needing Nick for exposure.

Also, Catherine worked for Amazon. She had to quit, but was allowed to come back on as a Freelancer after filming, I believe. Nick might just be on hourly/contract basis. I'm not sure what their policy is.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

I don't remember if it's posted here but for those who don't read other threads: a poster said Nick's htd will be filmed next Tuesday 4/28.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:02 pm

It hasn't been posted in this thread yet. Here was the original again...

maracker34 wrote:Nick's HTD is being filmed Tuesday, April 28th Smiley So he may be last in the HTDs?

officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:37 am

mindless wrote:
emusha wrote:interesting - i do think if he tweets or retweets about salesforce consistently throughout the season then I'd say it part of his deal for being on the show

I agree with the bolded. I can't imagine his company giving him time off again without asking for something in return. Hence the tweets and retweets lately. Doesn't mean he went on the show for that reason.

Sure, I did not mean to imply that Salesforce asked Nick to go on the show on their behalf. Rather, as you both suggest, it MIGHT have been part of the deal for him to go on the show and they are both turning it into a win-win situation.

In response to your questions: Salesforce is a $5 billion dollar company that develops/market CRM software (or Customer Relationship Management) to other businesses of all sizes and all over the world. A consumer cannot walk into a Best Buy and purchase their product off the shelf.  Salesforce has a huge customer list in every industry (and here's link: https://www.salesforce.com/customers/) and they offer a range of sales and marketing automation products that help sales and marketing teams be more effective in pretty much everything they do.

I would guess that since Nick is an Account Executive, he sells to both business decision makers (such as chief marketing officer or SVP/VP/director of sales/marketing) as well as a technical decision maker such as a CIO. A typical client would be someone just like Salesforce's own vice president of marketing, a woman who looks to be in her late 30's-40s based on her photo online.

Clearly this is all just my speculating in the off season and me trying to make sense of why on Earth he'd go back on this crazy show!! Yes, Kaitlyn is certainly romantic notion but seeing that photo he tweeted back in September of him working backstage at the AFR, put the thought in my head that he's a real-life testimonial of a sales guy doing business with Salesforce products from anywhere with WiFi connection. When I added that with my laundry list up thread, have to say it got me wondering.

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 am

california90 wrote:Yes, Dylan was talking about his own. He worked at a smaller company and talked about his previous company which was Ernst & Young, highly reputable that would have not let him take the time off. Smaller companies benefit from exposure, the larger ones- your brand is already so large, exposure is not the priority.

Salesforce is a really large company and they don't need exposure from a reality TV show, a dating one where the majority of its target audience are not the same as Salesforce. I don't see Salesforce needing Nick for exposure.

Also, Catherine worked for Amazon. She had to quit, but was allowed to come back on as a Freelancer after filming, I believe. Nick might just be on hourly/contract basis. I'm not sure what their policy is.

Sorry for double post but wanted to add ... YES! agree that Salesforce certainly did not need Nick for exposure as noted in my above post.

Catherine's profession is/was a graphic designer, which is far more conducive to freelance work, than Nick's role.

Nick is an Account Executive (per his LinkedIn account) who actually still works for Salesforce (based on his recent anniversary tweet) and I don't know any B2B software sales people who work hourly or on contract. While some IT support and development work is often farmed out to contractors, sales teams are pretty much always full-time positions due to their access to customers and lots of confidential competitive information.

April 28th can't come soon enough ... Milwaukee get your cameras ready ...
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+70
eliza3
eirekay
dw_a_mom
Catdwoman50
Sprite