SELECT CONTENT

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by tigertiz Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:17 pm

This show is getting better and better.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Litta123 Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm still watching the show, but agree with the earlier comments that it's gotten OTT at times. It's a drama so that's fine as far as I'm concerned. It's probably "safer" for them to go this way as to keep the real PTB from slapping them with some kind of legal action.

That said, I'm finding it hard to nail down who Rachel (the character) really is. In the opening episodes, I thought she legitimately wanted out and loathed doing her manipulations. Now it looks like she's embracing it and even wants to be in charge. Which one is the "real" Rachel? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing the internal struggle that I would expect for such a turn around.

Similarly, I'm finding Rachel unrealistic in her emotions regarding her ex and the lead. One episode leads me to believe she is still genuinely in love with her ex and the next indicates she's willing to throw it all away for her opportunity. Maybe there are people in the world who are like that, but I don't know them.

Anyway, that's what I'm struggling with regarding this show. I'm not finding the main character's actions believable. Flip a switch, she one way. Flip it again, she another. I'd like an explanation of what's allowing her to do that.

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Good, I like that we have a place to discuss fiction TV show... I still have to watch the last 3 episodes completely, because lately I haven't had time... but good question Litta ...
to me Rachel is both ... only that I believe she prefers to be the second version, the one in control, she wants to get there, whatever that might be... running the show... but the internal struggle might be still in the way, so when the consciousness kicks in and she starts to view it from her "family's" standpoint ... but I actually believe that an independent, grown-up Rachel is the 2nd version... and the first version, who still dictates the moral ground, is herself being put in the corner, scared and subordinate ... while both lack of self-esteem, self-respect and even confidence ... because while the 1st version wants to be different and thinks that the world around should change to make her feel better, the 2nd version thinks that the world around defines her and that by having control over it, she can define her own perception ...meaning, deep down she is equally unhappy with herself, either way. (And having sexual relationships with both male characters is just her way of dealing with that unhappiness ... or not dealing with it.)

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:28 am

Chris Manson sounds super salty.
http://www.justjared.com/2015/07/28/the-bachelors-chris-harrison-slams-unreal-its-terrible/

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by marloon Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm

california90 wrote:Chris Manson sounds super salty.
http://www.justjared.com/2015/07/28/the-bachelors-chris-harrison-slams-unreal-its-terrible/

He sure does. I don't suppose it helps that the guy who plays his counterpart on the show is pretty much a non-entity who merely shows up to deliver his lines.

marloon

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Lol of course Chris hates the show.

But he is wrong about no one watching it. The ratings are pretty good for a show on Lifetime.

As for Rachel ... personally, I don't think she knows who she is. She is tempted by many things, but unable to commit to a direction, outside of the one she loathes: doing her manipulation job really, really well.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:40 am

I loved the ending ... no matter how "unrealistic" the show might be, I just like how they pulled the rug under some characters' feet and how codependent Rachel and Quinn are ... not that I like it because it would be a good, healthy relationship, quite opposite, but I like that it is shown ... and I'm looking forward to next season and see that roll ... also with her ex going to Rachel's mom about her "relapse". :stirthepot I like how the main characters aren't designed to fit the romantic relationships and the expectations that go with them, but are created as flawed and sinking, dealing with demons, diving in muddy waters, with the insecurities and questionable reasoning/moral ... and just trying to reach the surface, finding the place where they fit in. It's really about self-discovery, self-acceptance ... finding the inner strength and love within ... and they are not there yet.

ETA: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/unreal-season-1-finale-125812879090.html
Talking about the UNreal: "Our goal — it was never to really nail the reality bit or to do an exposé. It was really about making an awesome, female Breaking Bad but having a reality background."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/unreal-paleylive-10-realest-moments-the-10-125528642195.html

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Just spent the past weekend watching the first 3 episodes. I was bummed because living in Canada I was having difficulty trying to download episodes but finally was able to. I went to the Canadian link of mylifetime and it worked; try www.mylifetime.ca and the downloads for unREAL's 1st four episodes are there and worked for me.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Sorry my misprint. It should be www.mylifetimetv.ca
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm

I truly loved this show and am so glad that the Bachelor/ette fans on this forum gave me the heads-up about it. Yeah, it's very highly exaggerated. But there is just enough truth in it to make you wonder.

I laughed out loud during the first episode when Quinn yelled, "Cut" during the limo exit scene.

I feel like I understand Quinn and what motivates her. Rachel is a harder study. She's very conflicted and I'm not sure that the writers are completely successful in showing us what motivates her at any given time.

My heart kind of broke for her when she wanted to go off with Adam. Who among us hasn't wanted to try for the brass ring? She was everywoman in that moment.

I'll be looking forward to the second season.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by kastuul Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:01 am

I hope they have BTS story about the casting and life after the show in Adam's season in season 2.

kastuul

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Info on season 2: http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/unreal-season-2-spoilers-black-bachelor-new-characters/

They are going to have an African American as the lead on Everlasting.

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 87b72b10 UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 86669110 UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

UnREAL - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+37
marloon
tigertiz
Cherry Cordial
sara11
Linds911