SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Page 15 of 84 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 49 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 15 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Not to mention someone else's spot she took at Duke law. Oh well.

Wake Forest. She didn't get to hang out in RTP. But yeah.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 15 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by eliza3 Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Andi is fully admitting that she just wants to live off bachelor fame. I find it pathetic, but then again I did buy Sean's book.

My question what happened to that deep desire to be in fashion? Did the rest of her line after the unoriginal peach shirt come out?

Andi is neither good or bad she is just another person who has decided to become a prefessional reality star. I watch the bachelor so I am quilty of contributing to this. I feel most sorry for the person's place she took at law school who may have actually wanted to be a lawyer. She could have skipped the high priced education and gone directly to reality TV.

I for one never think an education is wasted even if you do something different in the end.  You still have gained that knowledge and experience.  Both of my sons changed professions after having a master and I will never believe that that was wasted time or that someone else should have taken their spot.

You have the right to your opinion, but Andi went to law school at an expensive private school, had she done an online school or something like that, who cares. Not to be mean, but with all these online education places they give out lots of masters degrees, I have friends who did masters degrees to get raises in their unrelated field.

You don't need a law degree to flit around taking selfies and being a reality star, her law degree probably cost around $90k. So I would consider that a big waste.

But it is her right, just as it is my right to feel she wasted her time and took the spot from someone who might actually want to practice law.

My son went to Julliard, not some online degree, and played at Carnegie Hall and decided to change careers..   My point is that we all have the right to change our mind    I don't think my son stole someone from his seat at Julliard….he earned every minute of that, as did Andi.

Last edited by eliza3 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Hugesmile Really,  now Andi's education or spot should have been given to someone else because she is not doing Law anymore?   When Andi and her parents paid for her education not asking for any money out of anyone pockets that we know of.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:38 pm

I do find her law degree a waste of time. Yes, and I felt that way before. I think Andi was an over achiever who followed the expected path without taking anytime to even really think what she wanted. I get it, I was told many times I should go into law because of my strong opinions and ability to articulate them.

I don't think Andi ever wanted to be a lawyer and yes, it is a waste to me. She could have followed this path as a hot sorority girl from LSU with out the extra money. It is my opinion, I am entitled to it. Just like everyone else is entitled to theirs.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:40 pm

My final word on this then I'm out. Education is NEVER a waste….each class you take, each degree you earn makes you a different person. To me, education is the key to everything else you will ever do.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:50 pm

eliza3 wrote:My final word on this then I'm out.   Education is NEVER a waste….each class you take, each degree you earn makes you a different person.  To me, education is the key to everything else you will ever do.

Since I am in the final stages of finishing my PhD I would normally agree. But I see a growing trend in the USA that we encourage people to get degrees they neither want or need and we have a generation drowning in student loan debt. I think professors in undergrad situations do not understand the opportunities available and so push more education. People graduate tens of thousands in debt and end up working in retail and food service. There are great careers that don't require the education.

Andi doesn't seem to have the debt to deal with, but many are literally crippled by their student loan debt. So no, sometimes education is not worth it. And I am now so off topic I will let this go.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:00 pm

eliza3 wrote:My final word on this then I'm out.   Education is NEVER a waste….each class you take, each degree you earn makes you a different person.  To me, education is the key to everything else you will ever do.

From what I have been seeing most colleges are not teaching they are forcing kids to believe they way there professors do. What's wrong with a trade? We need electricians, plumbers, carpenters also before they become a dying breed. Not everyone needs to go to college.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 pm

luvlady345 wrote:Hugesmile Really,  now Andi's education or spot should have been given to someone else because she is not doing Law anymore?   When Andi and her parents paid for her education not asking for any money out of anyone pockets that we know of.

I am sure that Andi is not the only one who went to law school and is not in that profession anymore. Her sister was one of them.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 pm

nannymargie wrote:

From what I have been seeing most colleges are not teaching they are forcing kids to believe they way there professors do.  What's wrong with a trade?  We need electricians, plumbers, carpenters also before they become a dying breed.  Not everyone needs to go to college.

I totally agree with this. I am tired of people being pushed toward education they don't need and isn't good for them.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Good for this little b to write a book!!
She just proved to us once again how she loves limelight!
She is just like every other fame w****, no difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:28 pm

I don't care if Andi writes a book, of course she loves fame/money/attention. So do many before her and undoubtedly after. But sucks for Josh if she divulges stuff that went on in private between them, like Courtney did with Ben.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 15 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Good for this little b to write a book!!
She just proved to us once again how she loves limelight!
She is just like every other fame w****, no difference.

AndI has every right to write a book.  People do not have to buy it or read it.  To the people that are interested in her story will enjoy reading it.  Go for it AndI.  If someone paid me I'd write my story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 84 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 49 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

+86
Southernpeach30
citygirl1962
isittrue
cindebugg
rhondam