SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Page 65 of 77 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 65 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:33 pm

AAL ... I wanted to say that before, but feared it might be taken as "negative" .. but yeah, he doesn't come across to me as a typical American guy. And to be fair, it's not like I know that many Americans personally to be able to talk about what's typical, so I'm referring to only what usually appears on this kind of TV shows. Mostly I find his humor, dry, self-deprecating, sarcasm, very European. Tall, lean and not generic pretty face. A charmer (which bodes so well with this Irish part of the season). A feminist, comfortable with his softer side. I think the real "American mentality" is in his "go big or go home" motto, but it's true that a lot of fans seem to be from overseas or other countries outside of the States.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 65 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

SueSt wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.
Interesting observation AAL.
He's certainly not the typical meathead!  giggling

:yes:  I do think overseas viewers are culturally different therefore many have a different view of Nick.  The same thing happened with Arie. 

Nick's latest tweet was in reference to this:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102777294

He faved JJ & Mike G tweets that reference it. 
He has also now taken a stand against what he is interpreting as Andi Dorfman's Twitter behavior - cyber-bullying.  You can check that out in his Twitter favs as well. 
I'm not surprised as his sister Sara is obviously distraught about this as well.
On June 22, Sara tweeted:
I thought you were happy and moved on.......#TheBachelorette #getoverit #ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall #youryearisover

[ltr]This will be polarizing.  IMO, cyber bullying is offensive.  If Nick has chosen to bring the issue into debate by using his own situation as the vehicle I support it. It just isn't enough to casually talk the issue when it effects so many people from different walks of life - teens, public figures, ordinary people who are targeted by faceless trolls.  The only way to spur a paradigm shift is to be an activist that isn't afraid to stand front and centre.  HE is a well known target of cyber attacks. I don't really care what is "correct" in terms of "a show".  Cyber bullying is a RL issue and is more important than the storm that surely will erupt. [/ltr]

My clarity is that Nick is using his 16 minutes of fame to highlight bigger societal issues.  Same sex marriage, feminism, cyber bullying. 
It's not about fans, it's about how a person uses the spotlight.
He's not a meathead.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Ah well. Perhaps Nick would have been a fan favorite in NZ or AUS or other countries. I could see him being on one of the shows there and people liking him. laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Ah well. Perhaps Nick would have been a fan favorite in NZ or AUS or other countries. I could see him being on one of the shows there and people liking him. laugh out loud

I also see him being a fan favorite in Canada... :yes: Kind of interesting that you mention NZ or AUS, since they are Canada's cousins so to speak with the British influence or what ever you want to call it. Hugesmile

I love Nick because he is his OWN person! That is so attractive to me!! Hugesmile If in the end Kaitlyn doesn't see the same Nick, it's okay he will find his forever gal!! :yes: I'd rather see him leave this show then to be the F1 and down the road not work out!! Much better this way!! :yes: IMO

ifyoudonthavesomethingnicetosaydontsayitatall - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 65 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 pm

stuckinsc wrote:To your beautiful thoughts I will add mine of one great date does not a relationship make. To me they are that sweet, short affair that you remember fondly, but was never meant to last.

I so agree with this!
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Yeap AAL. If only this version could be anything similar to NZ or AUS (btw, I've watched that recently, only 1st season, and liked it too, but still Art&Matilda are the best) ... but I notice that people/media in USA screams "boring" to that kind of shows ... so then we have this exaggeration of drama and character assassinations.

OMG, notarose, just gave it a look in his faves ... he finally took a stand against! Bravo Nicko!
I hope he can rest with the whole #bachelorette promotion ... seriously he doesn't own them anything anymore, so I'd like to see him just enjoy the SM and tweet his thoughts that have nothing to do the Tv show. Also Nick ... if you get lots of negativity, just jump here, read this thread, it's not much, but we do care, more than cyber-trolls.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:46 pm

happygolucky wrote:Yeap AAL. If only this version could be anything similar to NZ or AUS (btw, I've watched that recently, only 1st season, and liked it too, but still Art&Matilda are the best) ... but I notice that people/media in USA screams "boring" to that kind of shows ... so then we have this exaggeration of drama and character assassinations.

OMG, notarose, just gave it a look in his faves ... he finally took a stand against! Bravo Nicko!
I hope he can rest with the whole #bachelorette promotion ... seriously he doesn't own them anything anymore, so I'd like to see him just enjoy the SM and tweet his thoughts that have nothing to do the Tv show. Also Nick ... if you get lots of negativity, just jump here, read this thread, it's not much, but we do care, more than cyber-trolls.

yes 
I have an activist history so am biased. giggling 
It is my belief that a cause is worthy if it speaks on behalf of a "group" and most effectively delivered by one who has first-hand experience. Cyberbullying is a rockin' cause to rally against.

:yes:  I myself am pretty much done with the show so can only imagine how Nick and his loved ones must feel about the constant questioning of who he is, his motives, and his worth to a woman or any woman by association. 
Real Nick rules Smiley  I'm so "over" the shallow.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.

I'm a Chinese from Hong Kong! handwave
I think I maybe the only Hong Kong people who watch this stupid show rofl because we don't have any channel broadcast this (we do have TAR and survivor), and I found this show accidentally a few years back when I was searching for something on Youtube. It was an episode of Jillian's season, and I thought it was interesting and then I started to watch some other seasons.

As for the taste in men, I always like European guy than American guys.
To me, Josh Murray or Sean Lowe are the typical American men I will think of any day, which is bulky, not fashionable and a little bit dull in character. I don't know why, but they always look like robots to me, which are well trained or programmed to play good sports, but they don't have a deep soul.

Nick definitely is not one of those types, he has very good fashion sense and although he has a hot body, he is not bulky. And he is passionate like the Italian and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:49 pm

happygolucky wrote:Gale, I don't hold it against her, I just think the "understanding" might be more complicated between the 2.

That said, Nick has now 2 different "failed/doomed" relationships behind, that we've witnessed. In both cases the mistakes were made, so I don't hold it against him either. But it tells me he is seeking the relationship that is more of a challenge (exciting and unpredictable, animated and passionate) and he falls for that kind of women who keep him on his toes and who he sees as his opposite ... and I fear, that's not the "winning" formula for him.

That's why I wish he would recognize the beauty even in the smooth sail in someone close to home, someone of his "own kind", who gets him completely. The life offers already enough of the rough waters ...and I wish for Nick to find his "skipper/copilot" who understands him on the first call ...and then chase the wind with her.

I appreciate what you are saying Happy, but I see it oppositely. I personally am very much like Nick and am married to a guy completely the opposite of me in every way...every way. He is a lot like Kaitlyn actually. We definately have our struggles to see eye to eye, but that is also what allows us to grow so deep in relationship. As frustrating as my husband is to me because of our differences, I would want it no other way. I have heard Nick say the same thing - that he wants a relationship where he has to work at it, to sacrifice for it. Kind of an "iron sharpens iron" type of thing. Where conflict draws people together and deepens the love. I totally get that. I'm just not sure that type of relationship is what Kaitlyn wanted...

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 pm

hmm you may have a point there...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Regarding Nick's tweet. I am not surpised he likes his job. The CEO was very outspoken about Indiana's issues regarding LGBTQ issues and banned his workers from going there to work during the time of this issue being mandated by certain companies.

I really think that Nick is just a global-world, all-inclusive type person for equality for all. I applaud him for using his platform to care about bigger issues than just getting together with fellow bach/bette contestants and getting photographed/taking selfies and just partying.

Definitely think that if anything, it is the show itself that is too superficial/shallow for Nick. He probably went on it (again) thinking he could bring some depth or at least rise above it all. But TPTB will always edit it in a superfical way and Nick will be seen one dimensionally by the many viewers who care not about who these people are only that they give them the enterainment or fairytale ending that they want. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:09 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Regarding Nick's tweet. I am not surpised he likes his job. The CEO was very outspoken about Indiana's issues regarding LGBTQ issues and banned his workers from going there to work during the time of this issue being mandated by certain companies.

I really think that Nick is just a global-world, all-inclusive type person for equality for all. I applaud him for using his platform to care about bigger issues than just getting together with fellow bach/bette contestants and getting photographed/taking selfies and just partying.

Definitely think that if anything, it is the show itself that is too superficial/shallow for Nick. He probably went on it (again) thinking he could bring some depth or at least rise above it all. But TPTB will always edit it in a superfical way and Nick will be seen one dimensionally by the many viewers who care not about who these people are only that they give them the enterainment or fairytale ending that they want. jmo

:claphands

Admittedly, I like a happy ending where I can find it but this show has devolved into a formulaic drama-fest that, as you say, edits superficially almost all the time every epi. None of the people on it are that 2-D.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 77 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

+50
glazedover
TheWrongReasons
emad0722
DMBFan
BowenAnderson
raekae
Mia_Leoni
california90
Norcalgal
Longhornfan
nikikass