SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 pm

I have a question: I don't follow Shawn on sm, but I read he made a not very nice comment, so I went to his twitter to check out. The only questionable one is " Shawn Booth ‏@Shawn_Booth Jul 14
@Debbie513 Thanks Debbie downer." I had no idea what the tweet was about, the only way for me was click her handler, then this is what she wrote:
@kaitlynbristowe I support you girl and you and Nick would be perfect together. I just love him!

Since she didn't @Shawn, how did he find out? He's not following Kait, so possibly she showed him? Or, he's stalking K's sm?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 pm

sdmom wrote:I have a question:  I  don't follow Shawn on sm, but I read he made a not very nice comment, so I went to his twitter to check out. The only questionable one is " Shawn Booth ‏@Shawn_Booth Jul 14
@Debbie513 Thanks Debbie downer." I had no idea what the tweet was about, the only way for me was click her handler, then this is what she wrote:
@kaitlynbristowe I support you girl and you and Nick would be perfect together. I just love him!

Since she didn't @Shawn, how did he find out? He's not following Kait, so possibly she showed him? Or, he's stalking K's sm?

No, this was in reference to the tweeter making a comment directly to Shawn about his stripping on the golf course being classless. Not anything to do with the K and N support of the tweeter.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Seabear wrote:IMO - Nick not getting along with the F1 x 2 =  Plain and simple Jealousy on the part of the F1 and Nick not being a typical "Bro code Dude."

I disagree COMPLETELY. I like Nick just fine...but I see lots of qualities in him that would drive other men crazy. Has nothing to do with jealousy and more to do with personalities. IMO.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:39 pm

isittrue wrote:
sdmom wrote:I have a question:  I  don't follow Shawn on sm, but I read he made a not very nice comment, so I went to his twitter to check out. The only questionable one is " Shawn Booth ‏@Shawn_Booth Jul 14

No, this was in reference to the tweeter making a comment directly to Shawn about his stripping on the golf course being classless.  Not anything to do with the K and N support of the tweeter.  

Really? Can you post the tweet that Shawn was replying to? Because I clicked @debbie513, she never said anything about Shawn? Maybe she deleted the original tweet?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 pm

The tweet has been deleted but I do follow Shawn and she did tweet Shawn directly on it on Tuesday right after her tweet about N and K and if you see other comments in the tweet, other tweeters remark on it.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:56 pm

^thanks!

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Someone asked if Kaitlyn potentiality dumping Shawn for Nick after the fact wouldn be a Mesnick. From my viewpoint, Chris Harrison's comment in an interview that there was a "Full Mesnick" started all the speculation of did he just mean crying over decision at balcony railing or doing a switcheroo like Jason did dumping Melissa and asking Molly to forgive him being a "Full Mesnick." All the speculation was at the time when RS had spoiled she chose no one and one of the reasons I thought his spoiler about the ending was wrong! Since that time we had Snapchat showing Shawn in bed with Kaitlyn so there was no "Full Mesnick" just the crying over the railing "Mesnick." That tricky Chris H.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:^^^Maybe but I have to say that I have never seen any contestant being subject to more mind games during the season from both the lead, production and another contestant than Shawn.

For the past several episodes Shawn seems to approach Kaitlyn with a smile and ready to have fun yet she ruins the mood by dropping a bomb about Nick or wanting to hash something out. So much drama.

I can't imagine being told midway through the season that I was "the one" and then hear that the person I was falling in love with slept with someone else outside of the FS.

And then when Shawn finally got his own FS, she prods him on why he doesn't like Nick.

And then instead of being able to enjoy the glow of the morning after, the first person he sees after leaving his FS date with Kaitlyn is Nick leaning against his building. That's a bit much.

I have to add that of all the guys on the show this season, Shawn might be the most hot headed but he also seems to be among the most authentic. I believed him when he told Kaitlyn (something along the lines) that he was more emotional than other guys cause he liked her more than other guys. I actually think that his I love you (or even falling in love with you) was the ONLY one that I believed.

Last season I was a huge Nick fan but it's certainly giving me pause that once again we've got Nick not getting along with the alleged F1 to a significant degree. Gotta wonder why and that's why I am going to give Shawn some slack.

I love this whole post and glad someone said this so well. I feel like one of the few, but I can relate to where Shawn is coming from - what a mind eff they are all putting him through, including Kaitlyn. Obviously he could have handled some moments better and he's not an even tempered type but I get his huge emotional swings with what he's had to deal with while actually falling in love, IMO. I can't believe he sticks it out to the end to be honest and think that shows how genuine his feelings for Kaitlyn are and shows a personal strength Imfind to be a great quality. I give him credit for many of the moments he did handle well and how open and vulnerable he has been with Kaitlyn and how he's showing her he is with her through thick and thin. I almost feel like Kaitlyn is maybe subconsciously always testing him - does he care enough to stay, am I worth it to him, can he handle one more thing etc. Not really fair IMO. I hope she doesn't keep that up IRL.

And the guy has stayed and wanted her through it all. I see such an obvious amount of genuine care and tenderness and real falling in love between these 2 and that is why I'm enjoying this mess when in any other case I'd be tuning out of the train wreck.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 pm

relaxing wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:^^^Maybe but I have to say that I have never seen any contestant being subject to more mind games during the season from both the lead, production and another contestant than Shawn.

For the past several episodes Shawn seems to approach Kaitlyn with a smile and ready to have fun yet she ruins the mood by dropping a bomb about Nick or wanting to hash something out. So much drama.

I can't imagine being told midway through the season that I was "the one" and then hear that the person I was falling in love with slept with someone else outside of the FS.

And then when Shawn finally got his own FS, she prods him on why he doesn't like Nick.

And then instead of being able to enjoy the glow of the morning after, the first person he sees after leaving his FS date with Kaitlyn is Nick leaning against his building. That's a bit much.

I have to add that of all the guys on the show this season, Shawn might be the most hot headed but he also seems to be among the most authentic. I believed him when he told Kaitlyn (something along the lines) that he was more emotional than other guys cause he liked her more than other guys. I actually think that his I love you (or even falling in love with you) was the ONLY one that I believed.

Last season I was a huge Nick fan but it's certainly giving me pause that once again we've got Nick not getting along with the alleged F1 to a significant degree. Gotta wonder why and that's why I am going to give Shawn some slack.

I love this whole post and glad someone said this so well.  I feel like one of the few, but I can relate to where Shawn is coming from - what a mind eff they are all putting him through, including Kaitlyn.  Obviously he could have handled some moments better and he's not an even tempered type but I get his huge emotional swings with what he's had to deal with while actually falling in love, IMO.  I can't believe he sticks it out to the end to be honest and think that shows how genuine his feelings for Kaitlyn are and shows a personal strength Imfind to be a great quality.  I give him credit for many of the moments he did handle well and how open and vulnerable he has been with Kaitlyn and how he's showing her he is with her through thick and thin.  I almost feel like Kaitlyn is maybe subconsciously always testing him - does he care enough to stay, am I worth it to him, can he handle one more thing etc.  Not really fair IMO. I hope she doesn't keep that up IRL.

And the guy has stayed and wanted her through it all.  I see such an obvious amount of genuine care and tenderness and real falling in love between these 2 and that is why I'm enjoying this mess when in any other case I'd be tuning out of the train wreck.

Love, love, love both these 2 posts. A lot of times, Shawn has been lambasted as possessive, jealous, etc. but when I stop to think about it, I'd probably be the same way if I was in his shoes and had to watch the person I was falling in love involved in other relationships as well. Yeah, he signed up for it, but until you yourself are there I really don't think you can judge him. Yes, he is a hot head but even Sharleen commented on how this process was messing with him and turning him into an emotional mess. Say what you will about him, I do think Shawn's feelings for K are legitimate and he did fall in love. He did earn the title of F1 IMO because he did choose to stick by her and passed the tests she and TPTB threw his way thus far. Hopefully, life will be simpler and less messy outside the bubble.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:06 pm

^^^Yep, Relaxing and Isittrue!  We are on the same page!!

Kaitlyn is sending crazy & strong mixed signals to Shawn. She is always lunging at him for kisses, hanging her legs over him and telling him how much she's missed him. And then she tells him that she needs to pull back because she over-shared. We also have no idea what producers were whispering in Shawn's ear about Nick's relationship with Kaitlyn pre-show. Her mistakes = his misery. Well earned F1 indeed!  

Ashley H also treated JP in similar way (maybe even a tad less straddling and intensity) and remember how jealous he would get during the season?! And, JP really had no rival to get under his skin. True she allegedly slept with Ben in the end but it was a totally different situation as at least he and JP started on an even playing field together. Plus, JP didn't have to hear about A having sex with B before they even made it to hometowns!

I am really ready for this season to end as I am NOT a fan of drama but the die-hard romantic in me just wants to see a happy couple in the end after so much angst. I really enjoy them together when the subject is not Nick. Shoot, Kaitlyn was so giddy to meet his family. She really acts so so different around Shawn and seemed to be almost selling herself to Nick's sisters. That girl is a goner!

I wish Nick never joined this darn season!! And this is coming from Nick fan (well sorta still one). giggling

I also wish TPTB gave Kaitlyn a little less free reign. No wonder TPTB often make the leads wait until episode 4-5 or so to go on a date with their favorite. TPTB probably want the lead to build up steam and give other guys a chance. Well, guess that doesn't work so well when TPTB let Kaitlyn have off camera/alone time with SHawn to let their relationship soar before they even go on that first date! Oops.

Or maybe that was the plan all along just to stir the pot and maximize the drama.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm

I have to agree with this, as well.

Even though I realize that what I've seen in Shawn can be producer induced because of the crap they've put him through, it still gets in the way of being able to feel warm fuzzies about him, and I want my warm fuzzies. I watch this show for the "awe" and illusion of romance. So if he is a good guy who has been pushed too hard by the situation and production, then I'm P O'd at production for keeping me from enjoying the falling-in-love story I wanted. There is a point where I can't rationalize away my emotional reaction to what I'm watching and that point has been passed.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:52 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:

I have to agree with this, as well.

Even though I realize that what I've seen in Shawn can be producer induced because of the crap they've put him through, it still gets in the way of being able to feel warm fuzzies about him, and I want my warm fuzzies. I watch this show for the "awe" and illusion of romance. So if he is a good guy who has been pushed too hard by the situation and production, then I'm P O'd at production for keeping me from enjoying the falling-in-love story I wanted. There is a point where I can't rationalize away my emotional reaction to what I'm watching and that point has been passed.

Yep - I hear you. I honestly have not posted much on this forum for past couple of weeks because I didn't have much nice to say. It finally dawned on me while watching MOnday's episode (as my daughter begged me to stop over-analyzing and just watch the darn show) that every time Shawn is ready to enjoy his time, he's getting his head messed with.

And, I started this season unspoiled and crushing on Ian and Ben Z so it's not like I am a super Shawn fan (although love his abs). But gotta call it like I see it.

BTW - I absolutely, positively love your signature line and wish that TPTB would pay attention as that's exactly how I feel. Save all the drama for The Real Housewives and Dance Moms.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11