SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:I am really interested in 2 things for the MTA...

One, how will they spin Ben H and whether he will be heavily promoted as Bachelor. I have mixed feelings about him as Bachelor. In truth, I think I'd like to watch Nick as Bachelor. Good tv.

Two, how will the other guys discuss Nick being on their season. Which would play into whether or not they would be promoting Nick as a Bachelor option.

The preview shows Ian down on his knees in front of K. Is there going to be a big apology? God, I hope not. He spoke the truth, afterall.

I actually thought that Ian would have felt like he had been vindicated, after watching Kaitlyn's "in the moment" escapades.  And the funny part is that Ian had only accused her making out with a lot of dudes.   cantstopl  

Boy, he must have been surprised to watch all of that other stuff unfold.  I can only imagine what he must have thought when he heard about the early sex with Nick, and her going to Shawn's room in SA and telling him that he was the "one".  

Yep, I am very surprised to hear that Ian is going to grovel and ask for forgiveness at the MTA.
Ian didn't dodge a bullet, he dodged a torpedo. He is lucky he bowed out when he did. Smart move.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Tall, dark and handsome Ben H. discusses how painful it was to learn that Kaitlyn told Shawn he was “the one” in San Antonio. He confronts her in hopes of getting answers to some questions, including why she never shared that she was intimate with Nick in Dublin.
Ahh.. So Ben H (who barely seemed like he was in love with Kaitlyn) found it painful to watch on screen and find out K told Shawn he was the one?

Does this mean viewers will feel bad for him? And more importantly will viewers extend the same, if not more, sympathy to Nick who also found out about this when watching and after proposing?  question

Something tells me Nick's pain will be justified and explained away no matter what... while Ben's pain will seem more legit (even though he himself confessed he knew something happened with K&S). Rolling Eyes

Double standard, imo, once again.  Suspect

I think every guy who was still there at that point has the right to be upset about that. Plus, it happened in Ben's room when he left to go take a shower which is probably why they are focusing on it. It was really inconsiderate for her to do that. JMO.
IMO, it is inconsiderate to ALL the guys that she said that to Shawn, whether in Ben's room or not.

I happen to think it is even more inconsiderate to F2 than F3 since the Ben/F3 was let go and didn't have to put his family through anything or have to propose and get rejected and watch on TV Kaitlyn had told Shawn he was the one anyway, sex or no sex. So as far as the show goes I think Kailtyn was pretty considerate towards Ben - he was even spared HTD which other F3s and their families had to endure.

Again, I see Ben's situation defended/explained more than Nick's and I don't see that changing.

Rather, I see the "well it always happens to F2, Nick chose to go on the show, etc, etc" which is true and then should be the same reasoning for Ben who wasn't even F2. Ben hardly seemed in love enough and barely could remember Kaitlyn's name when he left but it was painful to him? Thus I would think having HTD and proposing and rejected is going to be more painful no matter the person. But because that person is Nick? I just see that this will be seen as less painful somehow someway which is a double standard to me. jmoaa.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
Ahh.. So Ben H (who barely seemed like he was in love with Kaitlyn) found it painful to watch on screen and find out K told Shawn he was the one?

Does this mean viewers will feel bad for him? And more importantly will viewers extend the same, if not more, sympathy to Nick who also found out about this when watching and after proposing?  question

Something tells me Nick's pain will be justified and explained away no matter what... while Ben's pain will seem more legit (even though he himself confessed he knew something happened with K&S). Rolling Eyes

Double standard, imo, once again.  Suspect

I think every guy who was still there at that point has the right to be upset about that. Plus, it happened in Ben's room when he left to go take a shower which is probably why they are focusing on it. It was really inconsiderate for her to do that. JMO.
IMO, it is inconsiderate to ALL the guys that she said that to Shawn, whether in Ben's room or not.

I happen to think it is even more inconsiderate to F2 than F3 since the Ben/F3 was let go and didn't have to put his family through anything or have to propose and get rejected and watch on TV Kaitlyn had told Shawn he was the one anyway, sex or no sex. So as far as the show goes I think Kailtyn was pretty considerate towards Ben - he was even spared HTD which other F3s and their families had to endure.

Again, I see Ben's situation defended/explained more than Nick's and I don't see that changing.

Rather, I see the "well it always happens to F2, Nick chose to go on the show, etc, etc" which is true and then should be the same reasoning for Ben who wasn't even F2. Ben hardly seemed in love enough and barely could remember Kaitlyn's name when he left but it was painful to him? Thus I would think having HTD and proposing and rejected is going to be more painful no matter the person. But because that person is Nick? I just see that this will be seen as less painful somehow someway which is a double standard to me. jmoaa.
Why is this a Ben Vs. Nick issue? Any hurt and questions that Nick has will be on ATFR. He will have plenty to question Kaitlyn about and I'm sure he will take up most of the hour. And even if Ben is pretending to be upset he still has every right to ask Kaitlyn these questions. That's what she's there for. Not his fault he will be defended while Nick will still be seen as a villian.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Nick will have the ATFR to address his questions to Kaitlyn?  Not likely.

If he even mutters anything close to asking, "Why?", people will take him to the town square and burn him alive.  In the general viewers opinion, Nick should not be extended the courtesy of having his issues addressed because of his "inappropriate" question to Andi last year.  Because manipulative villains who are there for the wrong reasons who weasel their way into and out of Bachelorettes' hearts don't deserve to get answers.  

But, Ben who is an adorable nugget with a heart of gold who only wanted to find his happy ever after should be able to ask whatever questions he needs of the bachelorette in order to get closure and be able to start handing out his own roses in a few short weeks.  

Obviously this is said with heavy sarcasm.  I believe that both guys, no matter their perceived character by the viewers, deserve the courtesy of getting answers and closure from the bachelorette.  But unfortunately Ben will be able to do this with cheers of support from the viewers and Nick will be booed from the stage if he even attempts to question Kaitlyn regarding her true motives.  The double standard is real.  

Black Halo, you are right that it is not Ben's fault that the this double standard exists.  I just wish that Nick would be extended the same courtesy that Ben will get.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Why is audience feedback important when the goal is closure? Don't worry, Ben will have plenty of people hating on him once he is the Bachelor.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 pm

On the episode where Ben spoke to K about the awkwardness of her visit to their room in SA, he said that once he returned from showering there was a different feeling/mood in the room. God only knows what happened in those 10-15 minutes. no no At minimum, K told S that he was 'the one' which bolstered his mood and his ego. So much so that it was obvious to Ben that something significant had occurred while he was in the shower. I do not believe Ben heard the comment that night in SA. I believe that Ben learned of comment while watching the episodes air.

And what the heck is Ben doing on a freaking cot while Shawn sleeps like the boss in a king sized bed? If anything, Ben is taller than Shawn and should have gotten the king sized bed. I can't stand that guy! :angryemotion
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:16 pm

It is not about Ben vs Nick. It is about how it seems anyone but Nick will get sympathy on a larger scale for the same things. That is all.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:21 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:It is not about Ben vs Nick. It is about how it seems anyone but Nick will get sympathy on a larger scale for the same things. That is all.

Nick's very own actions are the reason he won't get sympathy from many. If people in general want to find out why that is, this board is filled with a plethora of examples.

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 87b72b10 stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 86669110 stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:30 pm

umngirl wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:It is not about Ben vs Nick. It is about how it seems anyone but Nick will get sympathy on a larger scale for the same things. That is all.

Nick's very own actions are the reason he won't get sympathy from many. If people in general want to find out why that is, this board is filled with a plethora of examples.
The same could be said for Shawn but because he is F1 that doesn't seem to be the case. As to his actions, not sure what he did to Kaitlyn this season that was so terrible that would cause him to have less sympathy than an F3 who was spared a HTD.

Imho, the plethora of "examples" seem to be based on more dislike in general or from prior to this season than actual examples from his treatment towards Kailtyn which is what Shawn is being justified for (that he is nice with her). I guess I just fail to see the logic as to why, other than just general bias, Nick is treated differently when he has not mistreated Kaitlyn while on the show. Jmhoaa it is what it is.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:36 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
umngirl wrote:

The same could be said for Shawn but because he is F1 that doesn't seem to be the case. As to his actions, not sure what he did to Kaitlyn this season that was so terrible that would cause him to have less sympathy than an F3 who was spared a HTD.

Imho, the plethora of "examples" seem to be based on more dislike in general or from prior to this season than actual examples from his treatment towards Kailtyn which is what Shawn is being justified for (that he is nice with her). I guess I just fail to see the logic as to why, other than just general bias, Nick is treated differently when he has not mistreated Kaitlyn while on the show. Jmhoaa it is what it is.

People don't like him and find his actions shady, manipulative, etc. It's hard to have sympathy for someone like that. I have never warmed up to Nick. I could list a bunch of reasons why but that would be repeating everything others have said.

Plenty of people here have some serious issues with Shawn too. He isn't escaping any criticism.

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 87b72b10 stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 86669110 stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 20 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:38 pm

Ben will get the most air time imo, and TPTB will make him look good if he is the next bachelor.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't think there's any unfair bias against Nick going on. Some people like him, some don't. Same for Shawn, Kaitlyn, Andi, Josh etc etc and will be the same next season with a new cast. Human nature to have personal preferences. Just the norm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

+84
jen689
Norcalgal
CHO
BowenAnderson
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Spencer81
allykat
b
SueSt
Brill