SELECT CONTENT

Books - Discussion

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Books - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Books - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks for the replys. I too love holding my books and looking at the covers. I guess this might be a dumb question but do you get to see each page like a normal book from cover to cover on the readers or does it just start at page one? I noticed some of my favorite authors are starting to write books only for kindle so now feel like I am missing out getting to read some books. I glad to see I am not the only hold out on the new inventions.

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:35 am

sweptaway wrote:
San wrote:I am going to read, Heaven Is For Real when I go on my next vacation in about a month. I've heard that it's really good.
Wow Amazon has this book rated four and half stars out of five by over 1600 hundred people. It looks really good about a little boys trip to heaven.
This book is amazing, I have read this book and tell everyone who want a peak into heaven this is a must read!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 am

luvlady345 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
San wrote:I am going to read, Heaven Is For Real when I go on my next vacation in about a month. I've heard that it's really good.
Wow Amazon has this book rated four and half stars out of five by over 1600 hundred people. It looks really good about a little boys trip to heaven.
This book is amazing, I have read this book and tell everyone who want a peak into heaven this is a must read!

I was actually disappointed in it. It was very little of the boy and more was written by the dad who put his own beliefs in it. I was glad I checked it out from the library and didn't buy it. I love books about Angels and and thought I would like it but it was just okay to me.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:26 pm

albean99 wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:

I was actually disappointed in it. It was very little of the boy and more was written by the dad who put his own beliefs in it. I was glad I checked it out from the library and didn't buy it. I love books about Angels and and thought I would like it but it was just okay to me.

Albean - I completely agree with you. I felt like the dad wrote HIS interpretation of the little boys words. It's not that I don't believe the event happened - just that the details IMO came from the child hearing bible stories all of this life. I also got it from the library and virtually skimmed it after about halfway through.

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:44 pm

I thought it was amazing, of course it was the father explaining and writing the story of what his 4 year old saw and told him it was an account that is hard to dismiss for me, everyone takes what they want to from it, but for me it gave me a peek into heaven.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:28 pm

luvlady345 wrote:I thought it was amazing, of course it was the father explaining and writing the story of what his 4 year old saw and told him it was an account that is hard to dismiss for me, everyone takes what they want to from it, but for me it gave me a peek into heaven.

I absolutely loved and enjoyed it as well!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jello1592 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Just picked up some books for my winter break. It seems to be the only time I actually get to read! I got The Best of Me by Nicholas Spars, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson, and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. 3 chapters into Nicholas Sparks and I am already hooked!

Romans 8: 37-39
PINKHEART
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm

jello1592 wrote:Just picked up some books for my winter break. It seems to be the only time I actually get to read! I got The Best of Me by Nicholas Spars, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson, and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. 3 chapters into Nicholas Sparks and I am already hooked!

I was looking for some good books to read during the break too! I am also going on a road trip during the second week of January (yes, I will miss the second episode of the bachelor, laugh out loud) These sound like good books! Have you read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks yet? I have, and I thought it was good. The movie based on the book comes out in April. Smiley

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jello1592 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:26 pm

San wrote:
jello1592 wrote:Just picked up some books for my winter break. It seems to be the only time I actually get to read! I got The Best of Me by Nicholas Spars, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson, and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. 3 chapters into Nicholas Sparks and I am already hooked!

I was looking for some good books to read during the break too! I am also going on a road trip during the second week of January (yes, I will miss the second episode of the bachelor, laugh out loud) These sound like good books! Have you read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks yet? I have, and I thought it was good. The movie based on the book comes out in April. Smiley

I have not read The Lucky One...it is patiently sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to open it! I want to read it before I see that movie (I just think that I enjoy the books better) I will definately let ya know what I think about the books!
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 pm

jello1592 wrote:
San wrote:

I have not read The Lucky One...it is patiently sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to open it! I want to read it before I see that movie (I just think that I enjoy the books better) I will definately let ya know what I think about the books!

yes
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Did anyone read Girl with the Dragon Tatoo? The movie looks amazing but I am a read the book first type of person. I am thinking about buying it in the next few days.

Books - Discussion  - Page 5 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 am

noobsleuth wrote:Did anyone read Girl with the Dragon Tatoo? The movie looks amazing but I am a read the book first type of person. I am thinking about buying it in the next few days.

Noobs, yes, I read the first book and half of the second book of the trilogy. Whereas normally I read cover to cover, I had to put down the second book, disturbed by some of the graphic and plain sad content. The pages turn themselves in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if you can get beyond some of the twisted elements.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Books - Discussion

+47
Junequilts