SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

afterparadise - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am

Amethyst wrote:

That's a good reminder that we are not privy to all of the conversations that the cast members have between each other, nor are we privy to all the factors that are important to them in selecting a mate. Because among the three men, Michael G. would easily have been my pick.

True, and perhaps it also applies to why Jared had a change of heart about Clare and the importance of the age difference. Maybe Clare mentioned on their date how she was really ready and anxious to get married soon and start a family; at 34, it wouldn't be unusual for her to feel that way. OTOH, Jared, at 26, might not be figuring on having kids for another 10 years, so he would have realized that the age difference wasn't going to work for them. So, yeah, while it's definitely a double standard, there is also a biological reason for it sometimes.

Personally, I suspect (and I think RS or someone might have even confirmed this) that Jared was still somewhat hung up on Kaitlyn when this was being filmed, and it wasn't going to be easy for him to develop (or fake) feelings for anyone else, and that none of the women there were "doing it" for him. Clare may have come the closest (she really is stunningly beautiful), but if he realized that they weren't compatible for whatever reason, I could see him not wanting to lead her on, even for the sake of the show, since she seems so sensitive. Of course, that's what he's going to do now with Ashley, but despite all her tears, I find her so shallow that I don't think she even understands what love is, so I have a hard time feeling all that sorry for her. And according to the spoilers, he leaves in a few more weeks because he doesn't feel right about continuing to lead Ashley on anyway.

As for Joe, the difference between what he's doing and what the others are doing in order to stick around, is that he seems to be taking pleasure in being deceptive, and showing how much "smarter" he is than his "victims", and making them look stupid and humiliated. Not a nice guy, and I don't think he walked away from this with many, if any, friends.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

afterparadise - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by JBF Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:25 am

Oh Joe is definitely evil. Nobody is arguing over his motives. Yet the editors are kinda over-doing it though, complete with horns, tail and a pitch fork.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:51 am

I don't think any of the cast members realized the extent to which Joe was manipulating Juelia and Jonathan (and taking delight out of it) until they actually witnessed it on screen. JJ was joking with Joe a few days ago about being "villains" but after tonight was absolutely livid with him on Twitter (saying that messing with a single mum is "off limits", having Jonathan's back and offering to beat Joe up for him, ect), and Tenley seemed really shocked on After Paradise and mentioned how Joe had fooled her too. It alarmed me how almost sociopathic he was - the deadpan, monotone delivery when he was saying Jonathan was a good dad, the in depth description of how he was going to beat up Mikey. That portion of the episode was seriously one of the most disturbing scenes I've seen on this franchise.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Joe comes across as a raving psycho. Its not just how he manipulated Juelia but more shocking was the stuff he was spouting out about the guys.
And his manipulation of them (Jonathan more than Mikey but still) as well.

Should the machine not have noticed his almost manic personality ? Its one thing to bring drama but he is another case altogether. He makes Bentley look like an angel.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 pm

AmyB wrote:I don't think any of the cast members realized the extent to which Joe was manipulating Juelia and Jonathan (and taking delight out of it) until they actually witnessed it on screen. JJ was joking with Joe a few days ago about being "villains" but after tonight was absolutely livid with him on Twitter (saying that messing with a single mum is "off limits", having Jonathan's back and offering to beat Joe up for him, ect), and Tenley seemed really shocked on After Paradise and mentioned how Joe had fooled her too. It alarmed me how almost sociopathic he was - the deadpan, monotone delivery when he was saying Jonathan was a good dad, the in depth description of how he was going to beat up Mikey. That portion of the episode was seriously one of the most disturbing scenes I've seen on this franchise.

I would take the "almost" out. He definitely raised an alarm for sociopathy for me. There's a really great book about it -- The Sociopath Next Door by Dr. Martha Stout. Her book is informative, interesting, and entertaining. She estimates that about 1/25 of the population are sociopaths. It's more common than people think. Most sociopaths are not murderers. They are simply devoid of emotion and empathy, incapable of loving, and will often gleefully manipulate to get what they want without regard to people's feelings. Many of them learn how to mimic emotion and empathy so that they can "pass." There is no cure, and it's best to steer clear of them if you are able.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ironcat, you made a good point above about how Jared and Clare might be at two different points in life with regard to childbearing. At age 34, if she wants to have kids, it might very well be on her mind.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Well...someone didn't like their edit this week and seems he has some issues with JJ.  Not sure why he's surprised at the edit/manipulation...     

'Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict!

A contestant on "Bachelor In Paradise" is calling out producers for making him look like a raging drug addict.
Joshua Albers tells TMZ, the story he told on Sunday’s episode about an LA club that sells $30 coconuts filled with Molly is not what it seems. He says he was just relaying what a crew member told him, but says the editing makes it look like the story was all about him.
Albers admits, he’s tried Molly once. He was so taken aback by the way he was portrayed on the show he called his parents, fearing their reaction.

He tells TMZ, "It wasn't too bad because they know the effect of editing. ... Plus, they know that if it was as big a deal as they made it out to be, there would have certainly been footage of JJ (another cast member) running his mouth about it."
Albers continues, saying his parents trust his word over that of the TV show -- "They know their baby boy better than that."
He acknowledges he knew he was signing up for a reality show, but adds, "I don't know how 'Bachelor In Paradise' producers sleep at night."

Source:  TMZ
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Joe is also complaining about his edit on twitter. Yawn.

Garofola was on Afterbuzz last nite and talked about this. He was told about when he arrived. The fact remains that joshua talked about Molly on 2 separate occassions and it was weird enough that others were talking with each other about how weird it was. They dont need a JJ sound bite to give it the seal of authenticity.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:10 pm

It really means nothing to me at this point what they have to say. They all agree to go on these shows, then behave like crybabies because of their edit.

You can't have it both ways, and they should all know better.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

seton wrote:Joe is also complaining about his edit on twitter. Yawn.

Garofola was on Afterbuzz last nite and talked about this. He was told about when he arrived. The fact remains that joshua talked about Molly on 2 separate occassions and it was weird enough that others were talking with each other about how weird it was. They dont need a JJ sound bite to give it the seal of authenticity.

I broke down and listened to the whole Afterbuzz (Garofola is way too smart and articulate to find a suitable woman from this bunch), and they all seemed to agree that Joshua spoke/bragged about doing Molly (color me ancient, I had never even heard about this before) because he naively thought it would make him sound cooler or "in", and that he spoke not like somebody who did a lot of drugs, but like somebody who didn't. Sort of like Clinton claiming he "didn't inhale" always signaled to me that he probably tried pot once in his life and didn't really understand the drug scene at all.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

nd4reality wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I really like Tenley too. I loved what she said in her recent Periscope that she no longer wants to go into relationships the way she used to where it would be about her own will and instead now she wants it to be God's will and that at the end of the day, her faith is what matters most in choosing a partner.

It is also why she said that she let Michael go in addition to just not spending much time with him or clicking with him because they have different belief systems while JJ shares the same as hers and that she won't compromise about her faith anymore in relationships.

JJ ? She saved Joshua last night didn't she ? Did she mention him at all ?

If I were to guess, Tenley and Clare had already planned for her to give JJ the rose. It would explain why neither Jonathan or Mikey tried to convince Clare to give them a "friendship" rose do they could stay longer and she was the only one not paired up.

In regards to Josh/Tenley, RS said that they are not speaking at all post-show which I thought was interesting. RS thinks it's about Josh misleading Tenley about the whole Molly thing (and she did say on Periscope she was very surprised to see how he actually talked about Molly to the house), but I'm thinking it's because of how she broke up with him. She basically said on periscope she didn't see her husband with any of the three and just picked Josh b/c he was the most fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:43 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:It really means nothing to me at this point what they have to say. They all agree to go on these shows, then behave like crybabies because of their edit.

You can't have it both ways, and they should all know better.

thumbsup  Just clicking like isn't enough for this post!  Hugesmile  I so agree GA!  They went back for a second or third round, so its hard for me to feel bad for them.  If you don't give them the footage and storyline to use, they can't use it.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:46 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I really like Tenley too. I loved what she said in her recent Periscope that she no longer wants to go into relationships the way she used to where it would be about her own will and instead now she wants it to be God's will and that at the end of the day, her faith is what matters most in choosing a partner.

It is also why she said that she let Michael go in addition to just not spending much time with him or clicking with him because they have different belief systems while JJ shares the same as hers and that she won't compromise about her faith anymore in relationships.

JJ ? She saved Joshua last night didn't she ? Did she mention him at all ?

If I were to guess, Tenley and Clare had already planned for her to give JJ the rose. It would explain why neither Jonathan or Mikey tried to convince Clare to give them a "friendship" rose do they could stay longer and she was the only one not paired up.

In regards to Josh/Tenley, RS said that they are not speaking at all post-show which I thought was interesting. RS thinks it's about Josh misleading Tenley about the whole Molly thing (and she did say on Periscope she was very surprised to see how he actually talked about Molly to the house), but I'm thinking it's because of how she broke up with him. She basically said on periscope she didn't see her husband with any of the three and just picked Josh b/c he was the most fun.

I really need to watch this periscope. Can you post the link ? TIA
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
doeslovedogs
IWouldMarryAshleyI
Kashathediva
Rolly
umngirl
timfan
Maddy
chloep
Amethyst
rhondam
Luvstruck