SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

vacation - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:40 pm

isittrue wrote:You know as a former Nick fan, one of the things I used to like most about him was that after Andi's season and the subsequent media rounds, he basically returned to his normal life - back to his job, friends etc.  Now this year, he takes a leave of absence, posts countless selfies, makes public appearances, models, does blogs, etc.   He really is just like the rest of them now....imo.  What's next?  Hawking products on instagram?

Truly, the ones I like the most are the ones who do stay away - Chantal, Emily O'Brien, a few others from past season.  Kudos to those who can move on from the franchise and return to a normal life.  Nowadays that appears to be a rarity indeed.

As another former Nick fan (there's a lot of us, btw. We should form a club!), I completely agree. I didn't want to believe RS initially but he was spot on - the guy has changed.

Back to top Go down

vacation - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:47 pm

This is a bit OT, so I apologize.
A few seasons back there was a cast person who I saw as basically shiftless, unemployed, living off and with family. I know sounds like a lot of the cast, right? 
Fast forward to the present. This same cast person is now modeling and doing quite a bit of philanthropic work. IMO the person kind of goes with the wind, but that is the song this person dances to and not my song.
It's ok. 
I guess what I am saying is people do change. We change. Cast change. I don't see anything bad in it personally if it's for the good. 
Sometimes it takes time to see if it's for the good. Not everything is spelled out in my definition, your definition or anyone's definition of time. 
The bottom line is change will happen.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 pm

EXACTLY!!!

ETA:  Ooops this was to be under Nibbles' last post
         But now that I've read your post Kasha, it applies to it as well!! Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:59 pm

The term "on leave" does not equate the same meaning as quit or fired IMO. If soneone is on maternity leave does that mean they are no longer employed by that company? No.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Kashathediva wrote:**snipped**
I guess what I am saying is people do change. We change. Cast change. I don't see anything bad in it personally if it's for the good. 
Sometimes it takes time to see if it's for the good. Not everything is spelled out in my definition, your definition or anyone's definition of time. 
The bottom line is change will happen.
:yes: yes I agree

I cannot grasp the concept of "his normal a.k.a. old life" ... and why he should go "back to it" to satisfy the criteria that he is a "good guy"? (read: grounded, modest, that "fame" hasn't changed him)

- I assume if he decided (no matter how the application was sent and approved) to join the show ... he wanted a change in his life (even the 1st time he did it)
- I presume if he decided to do it for the 2nd time, he figured it out that the change it would bring he was willing and ready to take (maybe the first experience was a taste of what it could be, going in unprepared)

- what does a changed man do in his old life ... when his reality is changed too?

usually the answer is adapt, accept or fight, IMO ... I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a guy who is accepting new opportunities, adapting to new situations and fighting new challenges ... and maybe, just maybe he is discovering the world he wasn't privy of before and he is learning new things, skills and finding new tools, meeting new people and opening his own horizons?

I see a guy who is actually willing to commit to another project out of his comfort zone, who is accepting new guidelines, who is responsive to new suggestions and collaborations, who is active participant in the discussion and the creative process, who is taking his time to progress ... in whatever he's passionate about ...

and i don't see a guy who is famous (because he is not) or who acts like he "has arrived" (I would wonder where is that station?), I don't see a guy who is here to shock people to get attention (because he is pretty average dude no different than any of us all) or a guy who demands to be served.

I guess the reality of his world is offering him a new normality ... by the looks he embraced it as his normal life.

So I really don't understand what normal life there is for him to go back to?

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 pm

umngirl wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:
umngirl wrote:So all the hullabaloo yesterday was for nothing since he does in fact not work for SalesForce at the moment. Vindication feels good sometimes. I knew he was being vague and not addressing the work thing for a reason.

Should be place bets on how long this "leave" lasts?

There is a huge difference between taking a leave of absence and not working for someone.  He is technically still employed with Salesforce, and listed on their directory as a staff member.  

He doesn't currently do work for them so he's not working for SF. Leave, fired, quit all mean he's not currently working for them. To me, a leave just means there's a potential he could return in the future.

Leave means just that.  Still employed by the Co (Salesforce) but on leave.  Like on maternity leave, medical leave, personal or educational leave, etc etc.  Leave does not mean unemployed or out of work. IMO Nick's reason for a leave are his personal business.  He does not owe anyone an explanation.  Maybe he will return soon and maybe be will choose not to return at all.  Perhaps he is wisely taking time to explore before he settles down.  Maybe he is working on his fitness even if it isn't in his own home gym. Maybe he is enjoying traveling and fun vacations.  Who knows?  His life, his choice. :Nod:   JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Seabear wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:

There is a huge difference between taking a leave of absence and not working for someone.  He is technically still employed with Salesforce, and listed on their directory as a staff member.  

He doesn't currently do work for them so he's not working for SF. Leave, fired, quit all mean he's not currently working for them. To me, a leave just means there's a potential he could return in the future.

Leave means just that.  Still employed by the Co (Salesforce) but on leave.  Like on maternity leave, medical leave, personal or educational leave, etc etc.  Leave does not mean unemployed or out of work. IMO Nick's reason for a leave are his personal business.  He does not owe anyone an explanation.  Maybe he will return soon and maybe be will choose not to return at all.  Perhaps he is wisely taking time to explore before he settles down.  Maybe he is working on his fitness even if it isn't in his own home gym. Maybe he is enjoying traveling and fun vacations.  Who knows?  His life, his choice. :Nod:   JMO

Nick may still be employed by SF but he's not currently working for them. If he's not doing he's day-to-day tasks he did with them say last year at this time he's not actively working for them. Employed, yes. Working, no. The word working implies actually work is being done for the company. If he's on leave, no work is being done. Same goes for the other types of leaves. They are employed but not working.

vacation - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 23 87b72b10 vacation - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 23 86669110 vacation - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 23 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:45 pm

umngirl wrote:So all the hullabaloo yesterday was for nothing since he does in fact not work for SalesForce at the moment. Vindication feels good sometimes. I knew he was being vague and not addressing the work thing for a reason.

Should be place bets on how long this "leave" lasts?

Congratulations for the vindication!
With job or not, I still enjoy watching him so it's win win for fans and nonfans!
Cheers! wine

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:51 pm

isittrue wrote:Truly, the ones I like the most are the ones who do stay away - Chantal, Emily O'Brien, a few others from past season.  Kudos to those who can move on from the franchise and return to a normal life.  Nowadays that appears to be a rarity indeed.
I know little to nothing about the people you've mentioned ... but I do wonder ... since it's presumed that these people never tried to change their "normality"

... were they ever offered? ... have they ever got a chance to pursue something out of their limits? ... And if they have, if they were ... do you know the reason why they didn't accept it and what made them decide not to try or continue to explore new roads?

Sometimes the reason that blocks the exploration, the pursuit, the progress and the change ... is the obstacle as small as a fear and an insecurity.

The change is a scary thing ... but the people who experience it can tell the tale.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Seabear wrote:Leave means just that.  Still employed by the Co (Salesforce) but on leave.  Like on maternity leave, medical leave, personal or educational leave, etc etc.  Leave does not mean unemployed or out of work. IMO Nick's reason for a leave are his personal business.  He does not owe anyone an explanation.  Maybe he will return soon and maybe be will choose not to return at all.  Perhaps he is wisely taking time to explore before he settles down.  Maybe he is working on his fitness even if it isn't in his own home gym. Maybe he is enjoying traveling and fun vacations.  Who knows?  His life, his choice. :Nod:   JMO
No need to give my definition of "leave" deadhorse . I do like all of the possible options you listed as Nick's reason for taking a leave of absence Seabear.   

Each contestant/lead is free to choose how much personal information they share with the viewers. *edit* They get to choose how forthcoming or intentionally vague they are with their personal information. 

It's kind of fun to see Nick interact with his sibling & with his friend's cutie pie baby. I love seeing pics of Ash's little Ford, Emily's baby boy, Zak's wedding and Chris's latest home project. But they get to choose what they share. I have no right to expect or demand what they share. :Nod: IMHO.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:07 pm

As much as I'd like to see details of my favs' lives, I think it is very wise to hold on to and keep as much of your personal life as private as possible.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 pm

I don't think I can compare one living off the graces of their parents vs one living independently close to similar. 
One is a parasite the other living as they choose. IMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt