SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 28 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Montaname wrote:I don't know why everyone is so negative about ANY of these folks from the show taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way from their 15 minutes of fame.  When the next new "thing" comes along, most of those opportunities will dry up and be gone forever.  If these guys and gals can take wonderful trips, attend parties, make some money, etc., I say good for them, as long as they are enjoying it.  

I have a son who is a little younger than these guys and can say that in my experience, that generation is not hung up on getting a corporate 9-5 job with a brilliant future and a pension plan.  They seem to be focused more on the moment and the experience.  Good or bad - who is to say.  I can see upside and downside to it.  But I do know that I am officially old now.......
ITA. There is so much research to support this.. that it is more about the quality of one's own life and each person defining what that is for themselves.

Pros and cons to be sure, but one pro is that living one's own life how one wants to live it and doing so without making it about what others expect and rather defining one's own life and self is always a better way to go.

One is going to be criticized no matter what in life so one may as well just own and define one's own life.

Life really is too short to live by the expectations/definitions of others.

JMHO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 28 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by umngirl Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:36 pm

JenTen1585 wrote:
Seabear wrote:ITA Re DWTS.  ^^^ That.  After Peta got injured in rehearsal and Alek agreed to do DWTS at the very last minute, there was a shuffling of the pros and I believe Nick was left out of the final cast.  It all happened the weekend before the reveal.

Just to add weight to your theory ....  I always wondered why in the initial cast announcement, there is a portrait with each pro with their star except Andi and Allison.  For Andi and Allison, they show two separate picture with a split screen.  Hmmm...

Andy took his pics with Peta before she got injured. Once they switched out Allison for Peta they didn't retake them. They just used the solo ones of each.

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 28 87b72b10 cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 28 86669110 cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 28 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:34 pm

I've missed 10 pages within the past day or two of this thread but on the other hand reading some of the most recent posts I think I will keep it that way laugh out loud. It seems though maybe some of it is about Nick having a leave of abscene and what that must mean.........to me it means Nick took a leave of abscence from SF but is still employed there (as he's has said so in as many words and as many posters here already figured). I say awesome for him to be able to do that. Whether it was DWTS related or modeling or something else I think it is great for him to explore whatever opportunities fall his way. If he was to be on DWTS and then a last second change happened then as with other disappointments he has had, he's dealt with it and moved on not allowing for any pity or wallowing. I can't say I haven't allowed myself to drown in self pity after disappointment so I do admire him for how he carries on and seems to keep a positive outlook no matter what. That is something I need to work on for myself.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Peta got injured during practice with Andy.  She went to get checked out and needed surgery so she had to withdraw.  Allison gave an interview before this that she had met her partner and thought she had a chance to win. However when Peta was out a whole shuffle happened Allison got switched to Andy and flew to Minnesota to MEET him and start practicing on Mon. Andy was performing there and this is why they were not in NYC.  Alek joined that weekend and they called Lindsey up. Tom B said he was just learning that Alek was on right before the reveal.  The DWTS production says they always like to try and snag some very current cast member.  This time they were able to get Alek.  There was some shuffling of the male pros too.  JMO sorta..... :gotcha:
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:07 am

Montaname wrote:I don't know why everyone is so negative about ANY of these folks from the show taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way from their 15 minutes of fame.  When the next new "thing" comes along, most of those opportunities will dry up and be gone forever.  If these guys and gals can take wonderful trips, attend parties, make some money, etc., I say good for them, as long as they are enjoying it.  

I have a son who is a little younger than these guys and can say that in my experience, that generation is not hung up on getting a corporate 9-5 job with a brilliant future and a pension plan.  They seem to be focused more on the moment and the experience.  Good or bad - who is to say.  I can see upside and downside to it.  But I do know that I am officially old now.......

Newer generations of people don't want 9-5 jobs. They want flexibility. We want to be able to have our social life and finish up our work at home if need be. We want to be able to work remote some days if possible and a lot of tech companies are adopting this because it keeps us happy. As long as we get our work done, it's all that matters. Happy and productive employees mean we do our best work and companies retain talent that way. And as a young person in the tech industry, I'm focused on cool projects or impactful projects instead of climbing corporate ladders.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:10 am

It's a wonderful thing, if offered in your profession.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:43 am

I read a bit on Salesforce's website and they are like that too. Makes sense as they are in that tech industry you described. Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:23 pm

If I could find a flexible job with sufficient income for quality of life I would leave my stale 8 hour M-F torture before you could blink.

MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Seabear wrote:Peta got injured during practice with Andy.  She went to get checked out and needed surgery so she had to withdraw.  Allison gave an interview before this that she had met her partner and thought she had a chance to win. However when Peta was out a whole shuffle happened Allison got switched to Andy and flew to Minnesota to MEET him and start practicing on Mon. Andy was performing there and this is why they were not in NYC.  Alek joined that weekend and they called Lindsey up. Tom B said he was just learning that Alek was on right before the reveal.  The DWTS production says they always like to try and snag some very current cast member.  This time they were able to get Alek.  There was some shuffling of the male pros too.  JMO sorta..... :gotcha:

I get why they put Alek on the show and am all for it. He is a true hero which trumps the whole celebrity thing anyway. I know the Gary Busey addition seemed like a big catch for the show and I understood that and thought it would be entertaining but actually watching it I just feel awkward with the interactions. If Nick was going to be on the show w Allison to begin with (which seems plausible though not certain), then I wish they would have just brought Anna on to dance with Andy G when Peta got hurt and left everything else alone.

MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:36 pm

I've listened to Juliet on Grantland podcast ... and what I find amusing is how we can see 2 people with similar (if not the same) traits, but one we give a pass (because we like him/her) and the other one we criticize for (because we don't like him/her) ...

this woman has many times stated her dislike for Nick, labeling him untrustworthy, I actually don't know, because i don't follow her podcast usually... so i'm assuming she finds Nick (like many other people) a manipulator, a strategist, a calculating analyst ...
perfect traits which I would personally describe a politician with (even the ones i like and hang out with)...
she now sees those attributes in Ben (if it wasn't obvious during Kaitlyn season already, that he is well capable to carry on the "task") ... but in Ben those are the qualities ... and it's nothing wrong with that.
No wonder these 2 guys are in the same career waters ... despite that one is on the leave from his dream job (maybe because he wanted to dance) ... and the other one is ... wait? ... on the leave too (and declining the promotion, or so I've heard) ... they both know how to sell good and how to talk and how to behave and how to communicate and they both understand how the "reality show" is made...
Nick was just really "stupid" enough to talk on the plane about it way too loud once ... and that was his doom. So, it really is all his own doing ... he sealed his edit in the first season ... and now he needs to climb out of the ditch.
This is just my little observation ... which just offers the perspective on my own questions why.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:44 pm

I don't know, Nick and Ben are two VERY different people, IMHO. I felt that way even when I was a  fan of Nick and completely neutral on Ben. Nick comes off as very calculated and his wheels are always spinning; he's always analyzing what has happened and predicting what will happen. I don't really see that in Ben at all. He's more intelligent than the typical contestant and he's calculated in the sense that he thinks before he speaks and acts, but I don't get the super analytical and neurotic vibe that I got from Nick.

And, honestly, I have a  feeling that Juliette (and many other's) dislike of "Normcore Nick" is just based on a gut feeling. I didn't get why people hated him SO much since he never really did anything that bad, but I've since gotten that sleazy, salesman vibe that I'm sure others got from the very beginning. I'm sure Juliette/Jacoby will snark on Ben soon enough. They loved Kaitlyn during Chris's season, and constantly bashed her during hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Everyone is a different person. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

But I see the same thing... Nick taking time off to pursue whatever he wants to (likely on TV/public arena) and Ben taking time off to pursue whatever he wants to (on TV/public arena).

One may be idolized the other ostracized but it's all the same to me at the end of the day.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt