SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

grooming - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 42 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Life is what someone defines for themselves. And Nick may not be doing what some want him to do but he is happy and doing what he wants to do as a single guy and is not bitching and moaning about things.

I find it ludicrous to think someone is worse or better because of ads on a SM account. And I couldn't care less who does it and how many do it.

I don't dislike Kaitlyn because of her ad shilling, I dislike her because of who she is... the type of lead she was and her constant whining and negativity. And I never liked Nick because he didn't do it, but because he doesn't whine or complain incessantly.

While I like some and don't care for others, at the end of the day, if they are living their lives and not putting out negativity into the world then I say more power to them.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

grooming - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 42 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:55 pm

AAL, I'm with you.
No problem of making money in every possible ways, at least he is not delusional like some couples, to think people like him shirtless, I do remember he makes fun of himself. He owns things up, it's important.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 pm

They are all shirtless! My fave lead, Art, was in his underwear for charity, models, etc. Cupcake Chris does the underwear thing. At least with the ad one is getting paid for sure, which is more than most models do anyway so I say more power to ANY of these people who use their SM (which is so meaningless anyway) to get paid. As long as they don't whine and complain, good for them!!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:02 pm

I don't dislike anyone merely for ad shilling either nor do I like someone just because they don't do it. I am still a fan of Nick overall as a person but I think it's okay to side-eye him and anyone else who does it a bit because honestly I don't think it's a positive thing to get paid for doing nothing more than posting a pic of yourself with a product especially when you're not working an actual job. I don't think there's any dignity in that. I guess I'm just old-fashioned when it comes to this whole job concept. If Nick is happy with the direction his life is going then that's okay and I'll tolerate it. I'll just focus on the things I do like about him. Smiley

And I'm hoping Nick's family sits down with him and gives him a reality check too. Praying
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:09 pm

I do honestly think he's being a bit delusional. He's 35...what are the chances he's going to make it as a model, when he's been signed with the agency for ~6 months now and hasn't been booked for an ad? He's already taken two vacations with the Bachelorettes and now he's taken a 6-month vacation where he's basically just goofing around. The guy has to grow up. I'm all for chasing your dreams and finding your passions, but I'm also for people being responsible and living their life with dignity. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 pm

I can't side-eye someone for posting an ad on SM. It's SM, which is meaningless anyway, so why not use it to get paid for something? I side-eye those who put out negativity and rant and complain and whine. and not some SM ad for paid money, whether it is considered a "job" or not.

Plus, Nick already proved with MOvember charity that he is hardworking for a cause that was raising money for others and it is that drive and hard work for others that shows, real job or not, he still has the characteristics that even those who may have "Real" jobs don't have.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 pm

bleuberry wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Sex does sell and I don't mind anyone selling it but I would just think at this point he'd want to be known as more than the "sex guy". Why perpetuate that view? It's like he doesn't think he's anything more than that now. He just seems lost to me.

This is how I see it too. Whatever he had hoped to be doing clearly hasn't panned out, time to pack it up and go back to life. The interviews and appearances have dried up, modelling slowed down, and his blog hasn't been updated in more than 2 months. Seems like just another case of the 15 mins being over and lofty dreams not coming true. Time to accept it and return to real life with his dignity still itact IMO.

IA, he has stretched his 15 minutes of fame as a non-lead.  I am sure he has enjoyed his ride on the pedestal, but I think he has distorted his view of reality and he has lost perspective.  No way off but to fall off which may jolt him back to a more realistic perspective again.   JMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:20 pm

What I find much more undignified and lacking in integrity than SM ads is going on a Reality TV show with multiple contestants and one lead all to look for "love". And as contestants they don't even get paid! At least putting ads on SM one gets paid.

It's why, to me, while I can like some of these contestants or not, the bottom line is, even my favourites, I would never in a million years go on TV for "love" for a show where I date multiple people or be one of multiple people the lead dates.

Talk about lowering one's dignity!

SM ads? Don't even come close to that, IMO.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:21 pm

MiniDiva wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Sex does sell and I don't mind anyone selling it but I would just think at this point he'd want to be known as more than the "sex guy". Why perpetuate that view? It's like he doesn't think he's anything more than that now. He just seems lost to me.

This is how I see it too. Whatever he had hoped to be doing clearly hasn't panned out, time to pack it up and go back to life. The interviews and appearances have dried up, modelling slowed down, and his blog hasn't been updated in more than 2 months. Seems like just another case of the 15 mins being over and lofty dreams not coming true. Time to accept it and return to real life with his dignity still itact IMO.

IA, he has stretched his 15 minutes of fame as a non-lead.  I am sure he has enjoyed his ride on the pedestal, but I think he has distorted his view of reality and he has lost perspective.  No way off but to fall off which may jolt him back to a more realistic perspective again.   JMO.
Yeah MD. I agree. Good post.
I can't label myself a "fan" of anyone on these shows or another celeb for that matter. It's me. At least I am fairly consistent. I can like some more than others, but a fan---nah. Maybe my personal definition of the word different than others. Perhaps.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Kasha when I say I'm a fan of someone it just means I like them and follow along with what they're doing on their SM.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:51 pm

To be fair, Nick mentioned on one interview he viewed modeling as a side job, something new to have fun. He never said he expected to make it his full time job. And we really don't know why he's in LA. He did say he has projects that he's working on but never specific about it. He was pretty quiet on sm until that ad so I am willing to wait and see what he's up to.
I totally agree one thing l I like about him is he's able to handle sm negativity with grace and humor, never whine or complain about it, like replying with a blow kiss emoji when people call him d bag. If he starts ranting like a certain couple, then I will seriously consider to turn in my fan card.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Yeah I like Nick, but TBH--I like Joe from Survivor better. I don't know what it is about that show--I connect so much better with the cast. This show is basically a very small notch above a joke to me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt