SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 67 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bluwavz Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:20 pm

What a shame. I prefer the traditional way but if that's becoming extinct I'm just better off staying single. A guy having a real career is what turns me on.

Oooooor I can go on this show and be just like everyone else. Who needs to work hard for anything anymore? :uptonogood
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 67 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:28 pm

laugh out loud
I prefer real careers too.  :yes:
I just don't think it always equates to good or desirable men to be married to.
Character over type of job any day as long as there is financial stability.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 pm

bleuberry wrote:A job to me means there's an income. What you choose to do with that money doesn't make it less of a job. Aggressively paying off debt for example may not leave you with much, but that is more respectable to me than simply not working laugh out loud. Seems more responsible too.
Very refreshing to hear this, especially because I fear I could be old enough to be your mum.

And this, too: 

bluwavz wrote: What a shame. I prefer the traditional way but if that's becoming extinct I'm just better off staying single. A guy having a real career is what turns me on. 

Oooooor I can go on this show and be just like everyone else. Who needs to work hard for anything anymore? cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 67 1882821411

I remember a quote that has always stuck with me: "There are no free lunches." 
The hippie in me can interpret this many ways. Work hard. Whether for income, karma or just because it's good for your soul. Sloth is not becoming. Serenity is good. Going with the flow is good. Lollygagging, not so much imo. A good work ethic and goals are important, imo. JMO and I am only one grain of sand on life's beach.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 am

We have no idea what Nick is up to , his job situation ,or how much money he has That part of a person no matter who to me is none of our business . He is not hurting anyone just trying a different path that some disagree with. That's Nick .....
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 am

And this is us: discuss.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 am

nothatgirl wrote:Isn't it kind of stupid to take a leave of absence before anything is signed or confirmed? I also don't think he ever had a chance for DWTS, TBH. They've never gone with a current Bachelorette, even though two were dancers. It was silly to think they'd go with an f2 with lowish popularity. 

He just seems to be making bad decisions all around.

To be fair to Nick, DWTS was just a speculation and we never know the exact reason why he took the leave.
And as AAL mentioned, we never know if he is making more money now than going back to sales force, so it is a bit too early to say he make bad decisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 am

I don't have snapchat so for those who do, how often does Nick do it?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:25 am

I have watched Nick fairly closely these last several months.  Count me in the camp of the increasingly disenchanted.  I find Nick to be at a bit of loss these days.  I definitely think the fame game affected him and not in a good way.  Couch surfing at Kyle's or whatever.....  Or waiting for a free Lyft or whatever..... Following through on commitments or not.......  Looking at your phone/IG and counting the likes.... Believing all the crazy come ons that women tell you on SM......  These a not the type of things that I find appealing. The Nick that I really liked is not the Nick that is present at the moment.  Like Blu and Bleu, I actually find a man with a career and a passion to earn $$$ to be able to explore life and have a stable future sexy!! :gotcha:
I am tired of the shirtless selfies.....most of which are retreads.  I think Nick looks tired, glum and uninspired.  I hope he finds something that puts some wind in his sails and sets his course in a more positive stable direction.   JMO

As an aside:  I don't like the SM shilling no matter who does it.  I think they do it for money and equally do it for the D list fame they all are so desperate to hang onto.   JMO too. peace

Regarding DWTS.  I think Nick thought he had the gig and at the very last moment was passed over.  I actually think his "friendship" with Julie Berry went upside down following the DWTS disappointment.   JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 am

Is Nick still modeling for Wilimenia?

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:40 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Here's what I don't understand.

Nick, 10 years younger was doing what he has been doing for the past decade.
He didn't have those opportunities 10 years ago to "Try out".
This year he decides to try some other things while he can and has stated he fully expects it NOT to last and go back to what he was doing.

Nick has no wife or family and is trying something new for less than a year of his life.
He has the luxury to afford to do so (as he himself has said).
I don't for one second think that if Nick was back to selling software he would be any happier or fulfilled.
And as he said he can go back to that when whatever he is dabbling in now dries up.

That's not lost or unsure - that's living life.
Maybe not the way others want him to or think one should, but he is living his life and I for one cannot tell another person what or how they should go about doing so if they are open and frank about their reasons as Nick has been, then good for them.
Life's too short to not try new things while one can and age should never stop one if one is able to do so.

ITA, AAL. If Nick was not happy in his former life, good to him for trying something new.
If he spends all his savings to do so, ok too. It's not like he has dependents at this point. I've been there myself.
I also know a life searching can be hard to sustain. My hope for him is that he finds his bliss sometime soon.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:46 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:When I think of other formers, who are pretty much doing nothing but shilling, how are they making ends meet? Becca, Andi, Kaitlyn. Nick has worked for a couple of years in a position where income can be easily 6 figures. Prior to that as per his Linkedin he has been working in technology for the last 9 yrs. If he wasn't performing in his job, which I would think is strictly based on volume, he would have been turfed long time ago. He lives in a big city, rent and living expenses aren't cheap.

If he was able to take a leave, IMO that shows he is on good terms with his employer. If he's in a position where he isn't earning any income at all, and is grasping at straws, I would think he would go back to work. He's no dummy. He has 5 yrs of University and a Bachelor in Business Admin Accounting, and Operations Management. I think he's one of the few compared to some of the others, who are able to at this point in his life, playing hookie from work, since he has years of schooling and work experience behind him. If he is blowing his savings, which we have no basis or proof of that, IMO that's ok too because he is doing what he wants to do, and has enough experience behind him that he can earn it all over again. All JMHO.

There are others who have not had much of a career at all in the last 10 yrs that are trying to be famous rather than getting a real job.

Linkedin

clapping! clapping! Great post. Nick is miles ahead than most of those fame-wannabes.
There's zero proof he is not financially secure and he does have a degree that translates to income potential.
It's much ado about nothing IMO and let and let live I say.

BUMP to this sentiment! bestbud!
Bottom line is we don't know what's really going on for Nick.
If he tries something and fails, well at least he tried. It's what attracts me to Nick, he's willing to put it all out there.
True Innovation was never found without experimentation!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:49 am

whit90 wrote:We have no idea what Nick is up to , his job situation ,or how much money he has That part of a person no matter who to me is none of our business . He is not hurting anyone just trying a different path that some disagree with. That's Nick .....
Yes, Yes, Yes! :yes: giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt