SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by sdmom Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Rolly wrote:I'm sure Chris was in shock with a traumatic accident like this. He was probably confused and not thinking clearly. I hope in a situation like this I would do the right thing and not leave the scene but we never really know what we would do until it happens to us.

This is such a tragedy for everyone involved. The victims family, at least at this point, seems sympathetic to Chris. Maybe they know more about the situation than what is being reported by the media.Life can change in a split second. I will pray for all involved.

ITA with the bolded part. It's easy for me sitting in the comfort of my home typing on my iPad that I will Never do this or be that. But the reality is I will never know until it happens to me. That's why yesterday, I felt bad for Chris because accidents happen and it could be me. I confess years ago I almost hit a cyclist while turning right into a shopping center. Because I did not see him. One time I ran through a stop sign in a quiet street. Because I did not see it. I have a great driving record so it's not like I am a reckless driver. Again if not for the mercy of God I shudder to think what could have happened. So, I will continue to pray for everyone involved in the accident. They, including Chris, all need help and support. All my boardies here, please be careful!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm

richmondrose wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Woah. Arie snapped a picture of Chris in court with the caption "No sympathy. Thoughts with the victims family. No excuse for a hit and run. Hope justice is served."

Pretty harsh coming from someone inside the family. Although Arie may harbor some resentment against Chris for the Bach gig.

Arie tweeted this link this morning. Interesting how John Wolfner responded to it.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 55 Al_zpskdugyiee

Source:@ariejr

I try to never judge people without fully knowing the facts. Even then I try to avoid it because unless I've walked a mile in their shoes I don't have the slightest inkling of what it's like .... I feel really bad for everyone concerned in this tragic turn of event.

Omg. This is so childish. A person DIED. Two lives and their entire families will never be the same. But, yes, please, let's make it about the stupid Bachelor going on 3 years ago now. Smh. no no  These people seriously need to get their priorities checked, or at least STFU on Social Media about it. As if it was even Chris' fault he was selected over Arie anyway. Hell, I wanted Arie too. But go blame Fleiss and Elan, and ABC. Pretty sure that's not Chris' fault, and even more positive none of that $hit matters at all right now.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Has Arie had a run in with the law in the past? Looks like a mugshot.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:09 pm

But Chris called for 911 so is it technically hit and run? I am genuinely curious to know

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:11 pm

He left the scene of the accident and was charged for doing so. There is a clip of him appearing before the judge in court somewhere in the thread.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:21 pm

@richmondrose
I try to never judge people without fully knowing the facts. Even then I try to avoid it because I unless I've walked a mile in their shoes I don't have the slightest inkling of what it's like .... I feel really bad for everyone concerned in this tragic turn of event.

This is something I try to remind myself of in so many things all the time. What are the facts in a situation?
I lived in a major midwest college town when I was 22. I had just gotten married and this is where my spouse's job was. My brother was going to college in the same college town and had been back at our home town 2 hours away for the weekend with his gf and was driving back to school. He was 18. They never made it back.
The speed limit was 70/mph back then. He was 18 and trying to pass a 18 wheeler. He was an inexperienced driver. So was he speeding? Most likely, to get past the 18 wheeler. Was he high? No. Was he drinking? No. Was he a kid?  Yes.  They crossed I-70 grassy medium. They were T-boned. His girlfriend, a Tiger flag bearer was killed outright. My 18 yr old brother was thrown from the car, his sneakers were thrown from his feet.  Never found were his high school class ring, his gold watch from graduation or high school leather letter jacket. Were they stolen or misplaced? Did it matter?  A wonderful stranger, a nurse held my brothers hands and prayed over him as he took his last breath.  Life changes on a dime.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I personally, do not believe CS's life is over. It is changed. It will not be what it was. It will be different. Hopefully it will be something that can turned into something better for him and the Mosher's, as sad as that sounds.

He has an opportunity to change for better or for worse. If he chooses to reflect on himself, hopefully with a very strong support system of friends, family, counselors, church, AA or whatever, that choice  will be dark and hard and emotional. But freeing ultimately. The emotions will be there regardless but how he chooses to deal with it- or not- will affect how the rest of his life plays out. I truly pray that he finds the right support through the next few weeks, months, years. He is at a crossroads in his life and I really am praying for him.

Adding in- Just my opinion.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:34 pm

sosleepy wrote: -snipped-
Feels kinda tacky and self serving to me. One last dig at Chris or something and riding the Bitter Train for getting passed by this guy for the lead. Better to not say anything at all and keep your thoughts to yourself in this case. JMO.

His comments could have nothing to do with being passed over for the bachelor at all. IMO It's perfectly reasonable for him to have seen the details that are out and is disgusted by the information out there like some of us are. One of my big problems with the men especially in this franchise is that they'll cape for each other no matter what. Even if I disagreed (which I don't) I like the fact that he's not stuck the 'party line' so to speak. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:39 pm

ReneeM wrote:
sosleepy wrote: -snipped-
Feels kinda tacky and self serving to me. One last dig at Chris or something and riding the Bitter Train for getting passed by this guy for the lead. Better to not say anything at all and keep your thoughts to yourself in this case. JMO.

His comments could have nothing to do with being passed over for the bachelor at all. IMO It's perfectly reasonable for him to have seen the details that are out and is disgusted by the information out there like some of us are. One of my big problems with the men especially in this franchise is that they'll cape for each other no matter what. Even if I disagreed (which I don't) I like the fact that he's not stuck the 'party line' so to speak. All JMO.

Hey... I'm an Arie fan. Wanted him for The Bach too. But add in his tweet and John Wolfner's response .. and yeah, I sincerely doubt if it was any other person from the franchise Arie would have said anything. Wolfner's response (which I won't blame Arie for) was especially tacky.

ETA: I don't know. It's one thing for the peanut gallery of no names to sit and make their judgments, but the second someone high profile and "in the family" says something so publicly and judgmentally, it carries a lot more weight. Of course Arie is entitled to his feelings, but imo in his place it's better to live by the golden rule "if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all." Everyone else who has chosen to speak from the franchise has been sympathetic and supportive.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:52 pm

sosleepy wrote:
ETA: I don't know. It's one thing for the peanut gallery of no names to sit and make their judgments, but the second someone high profile and "in the family" says something so publicly and judgmentally, it carries a lot more weight. Of course Arie is entitled to his feelings, but imo in his place it's better to live by the golden rule "if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all." Everyone else who has chosen to speak from the franchise has been sympathetic and supportive.

The bolded is exactly why I like it. There's always room for dissenting opinion IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:57 pm

ReneeM wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

The bolded is exactly why I like it. There's always room for dissenting opinion IMO.

I just don't think Arie's voice comes from a genuine place. Think it comes from a place of bitter. I don't think if he hadn't been up against Chris for the stupid Bachelor (as if that matters now) he would have said anything at all. In his position, its best just to keep your thoughts to yourself. Arie knows no facts either. Nothing he said is helpful to anyone involved.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Yup Arie is thinking man...if it weren't for Chris I would be with Becca right now. (And Britt and kaitlyn and and....) LOL

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX