SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BollyXFitness - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 75 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by megaa Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:54 am

I didn't even notice the dangling legs struggle when I first viewed it. I don't think the jump plays a part in me being on the fence about Caila. Then again, I think we had twitter vids of the meetup before the Terry Fator date, and I do believe she was first to run and jump/hug Ben. I hope it's not an involuntary reflex laugh out loud What else... oh, I assume the 50 shades of crazy comment was popular, but I kinda cringed.

Since she makes if far, there's plenty of opportunity to see more of who Caila is. I just can't handle too much jolly enthusiasm, but it helps that she has a very pretty smile.

megaa

Back to top Go down

BollyXFitness - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 75 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nutty1 Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:35 am

albean99 wrote:Re: Sharleen's comment about Caila in her Panda blog. I think she was saying the move itself was awkward because she ended up with this - "If nothing else, it's a testament to her core strength."

I don't particularly like when people have props either like a wedding dress, Unicorn head, cupcake-mobile, etc but you tend to go on and see what they're like on future shows and usually forget their entrance altogether. I'm sure we'll move on from this, hopefully sooner than later. I'm way more interested in seeing Caila with Ben and the other women.

I totally agree. I don't hold any of the entrance acts against them. I will wait until a few more weeks to get to know the real them. Well, as real as you can be shown on The Bachelor! giggling

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:04 am

According to this, It may be Caila for the next Lead.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-bachelor-bachelorette-black-diverse-contestant-abc-1201676020/

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 am

I guess I don't see "diverse" when I think of Calia. But I guess she is the most diverse of the F6.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:21 am

^^^^ IA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 am

Really? Caila is pretty obviously Asian, more so than any other half Asian contestant that's been on the show (Sharleen and Catherine, for example, are far more white passing). Diversity isn't restricted to African American contestants and I don't see how Caila wouldn't be a minority lead if she does get the job, especially considering how few Asian contestants have ever been on the show.

Also, Jubilee is actually my #1 choice for the Bachelorette. I think she'd be great. And if not her, I'd definitely want to see an African American Bachelor or Bachelorette in the future. I just don't think it's fair to say that having an Asian Bachelorette over an African American one is "less representation" or "not diverse enough", because minorities don't exist within the confines of one singular race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:10 am

megaa wrote:I didn't even notice the dangling legs struggle when I first viewed it. I don't think the jump plays a part in me being on the fence about Caila. Then again, I think we had twitter vids of the meetup before the Terry Fator date, and I do believe she was first to run and jump/hug Ben. I hope it's not an involuntary reflex laugh out loud What else... oh, I assume the 50 shades of crazy comment was popular, but I kinda cringed.

Since she makes if far, there's plenty of opportunity to see more of who Caila is. I just can't handle too much jolly enthusiasm, but it helps that she has a very pretty smile.
It wasn't Caila that ran up to him. It was Rachel (who is also Asian in some form.)

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:04 pm

AmyB wrote:Really? Caila is pretty obviously Asian, more so than any other half Asian contestant that's been on the show (Sharleen and Catherine, for example, are far more white passing). Diversity isn't restricted to African American contestants and I don't see how Caila wouldn't be a minority lead if she does get the job, especially considering how few Asian contestants have ever been on the show.

Also, Jubilee is actually my #1 choice for the Bachelorette. I think she'd be great. And if not her, I'd definitely want to see an African American Bachelor or Bachelorette in the future. I just don't think it's fair to say that having an Asian Bachelorette over an African American one is "less representation" or "not diverse enough", because minorities don't exist within the confines of one singular race.

I completely agree and Asians are even less represented in the media. Has there ever even been an Asian man on this show?

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:41 pm

They had a horse. That was pretty diverse. He was a vertically challenged horse, too. (notice I was politically correct and did not label him as a short horse or dwarf horse, I'm trying).
You(not any specific poster) want diverse? Let's not limit the show to those that are simply outwardly beautifully challenged. That will never happen.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:11 pm

AmyB wrote:Really? Caila is pretty obviously Asian, more so than any other half Asian contestant that's been on the show (Sharleen and Catherine, for example, are far more white passing). Diversity isn't restricted to African American contestants and I don't see how Caila wouldn't be a minority lead if she does get the job, especially considering how few Asian contestants have ever been on the show.

Maybe the issue is that the show is still showing relunctance to really go there. There's been 3 (or 4? Not sure about Tessa) half-Asian women cast and there was Samantha who was half-Indian. The one time we had a Latino lead, he was blue-eyed and blonde. It's like, even when the show allows for diversity, they're just half-allowing it. As long as the person looks "Caucasian enough". I still think that picking Caila would be a huge leap for diversity on the show (considering they thought Jason was too risky 8 years ago) but I can see why it upsets people or doesn't feel like enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Agree completely, nothatgirl. As a WOC myself, it's kind of eye roll worthy (on TPTBs part).

Also agree with Kasha.

BollyXFitness - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 75 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm

There are reason's we limit the conversation on this topic. Not because it isn't good discussion but because emotions take over and it becomes personal and delicate.

We are now leading down the path of it's not diverse enough.

Lets keep it light when it comes to this topic. Personally I have a difficult time with it because everyone is equal in my eyes. It's disturbing to me that in this day and age the higher ups need to make a point of specifically saying in the media, they are making the season more diverse. There are several that would be a great lead IMO, and I'm sure plenty of contestants out there that want to apply, diversity should have nothing to do with it in the first place.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+68
mizzoufan
Norcalgal
bronco18
Al
kimberlyg