SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 48 of 65 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:46 pm

It's kind of suspicious in my opinion as to they reasoning.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Seabear Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:53 pm

All the over promotion of Mike and Mikhel....generally means Kevin is the F1. I read through most of the comments on the most recent posts and Kevin and his Mom are not faring to well. Yikes. IMO Jasmine has strong connections with both guys....but at this point Kevin seems to be slightly in front. I am curious to observe their interactions on the FS, MTP, and LCD's. It will probably be Kevin but I think Mikhel is a better match. Fortunately for Jasmine....she gets to choose who she see's a life with and which family she wants to be a part of....and could care less about my opinion. laugh out loud  laugh out loud As it should be. giggling Whomever she chose....I hope they are happy together in RL. kisses
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:19 am

iamreal2u wrote:We are being inundated with Mikhel and Jasmine on IG.  Don't remember this much marketing of a F1 or F2.
source

I dont think this is any different than another inaugural season, SamF-Sasha where the TPTB AU promoted Sasha individually and as a couple on their SMs a lot. Understandable, since this is a maiden season. They would want to viewers get invested in the final couple for the sake of them renewing the successor seasons. JMHO

and yes, i lean to think Mikhel is F1. Smiley
Joy15
Joy15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 am

I really don't think the show is trying to duplicate BachAu or any other season/franchise. IMO this over-saturation of Mikhel might be them trying to gauge whether he or Mike is more popular for next Bach consideration. Mike had his round of SM promotion, now it's Mikhel's turn IMO.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:39 am

IDK .. i just need to ask myself: why would any TPTB want to hide their first F1 ever and their first Love Story from the mass? make a little sense to me. IMHO. Art-Matty also got the most SM highlight compared to Art-Dani. So i think its just a reasonable move of marketing on their part being a Premiere Season, i.e. to sell us a good Love Story, make people invested more in the final couple which in turn would reflect on rating, thus a possible renewed season. And i dont think its any different with CA franchise this season, being this is a Premiere. TWT.  

from what i have gathered regarding edit, bio, media, always thought its between Mikhel and Mike as for the next lead/F1 goes,with KW being a runner up. So now it just a switched up Smiley.

all JMO.
Joy15
Joy15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:20 am

Joy15 wrote:IDK .. i just need to ask myself: why would any TPTB want to hide their first F1 ever and their first Love Story from the mass? make a little sense to me. IMHO. Art-Matty also got the most SM highlight compared to Art-Dani. So i think its just a reasonable move of marketing on their part being a Premiere Season, i.e. to sell us a good Love Story, make people invested more in the final couple which in turn would reflect on rating, thus a possible renewed season. And i dont think its any different with CA franchise this season, being this is a Premiere. TWT.  

from what i have gathered regarding edit, bio, media, always thought its between Mikhel and Mike as for the next lead/F1 goes,with KW being a runner up. So now it just a switched up Smiley.

all JMO.

Personally, I wonder if TPTB are perilously close to losing touch with what their audience actually want.  IMO, there seems to be an increasing focus on mis-direction, secrecy and the 'big reveal' at the end across the entire franchise, both on-screen and in social media, at the expense of showing us the actual love story.  

A bit of ambiguity is fine, and I do very much enjoy the sleuthing aspect, but hiding the F1 relationship to such an extent that it's practically invisible leads viewers down a path towards disappointment, confusion and backlash.  Exhibit A: the recent Australian series, the ending of which left me unsatisfied, to say the least. hmmm

This is something which just wouldn't fly a fictional TV series. The audience would immediately arc up and say, "That doesn't make sense! Why is A suddenly in love with B when you have been showing us her relationship with C? Not buying it!" Writers would be fired.  Shows cancelled.  Yet this approach now seems standard with Bach.

A surprise F1 is impressive in the sense that TPTB have obviously become so skilled at editing and crafting a story that they can make us believe whatever they want, but it can leave viewers feeling cheated, and foolish for thinking the result would go another way.  I'll take a happy, predictable ending over a disappointing, shock ending any day!

IMO, they need to put the focus back on LOVE. beatingheart
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:31 am

Bobette wrote:
Joy15 wrote:IDK .. i just need to ask myself: why would any TPTB want to hide their first F1 ever and their first Love Story from the mass? make a little sense to me. IMHO. Art-Matty also got the most SM highlight compared to Art-Dani. So i think its just a reasonable move of marketing on their part being a Premiere Season, i.e. to sell us a good Love Story, make people invested more in the final couple which in turn would reflect on rating, thus a possible renewed season. And i dont think its any different with CA franchise this season, being this is a Premiere. TWT.  

all JMO.

Personally, I wonder if TPTB are perilously close to losing touch with what their audience actually want.  IMO, there seems to be an increasing focus on mis-direction, secrecy and the 'big reveal' at the end across the entire franchise, both on-screen and in social media, at the expense of showing us the actual love story.  

A bit of ambiguity is fine, and I do very much enjoy the sleuthing aspect, but hiding the F1 relationship to such an extent that it's practically invisible leads viewers down a path towards disappointment, confusion and backlash.  Exhibit A: the recent Australian series, the ending of which left me unsatisfied to say the least. hmmm.  

This is something which just wouldn't fly a fictional TV series. The audience would immediately arc up and say, "That doesn't make sense! Why is A suddenly in love with B when you have been showing us her relationship with C? Not buying it!" Writers would be fired.  Shows cancelled.  Yet this approach now seems standard with Bach.

A surprise F1 is impressive in the sense that TPTB have obviously become so skilled at editing and crafting a story that they can make us believe whatever they want, but it can leave viewers feeling cheated, and foolish for thinking the result would go another way.  I'll take a happy, predictable ending over a disappointing, shock ending any day!

IMO, they need to put the focus back on LOVE. beatingheart

yeah..so unfortunate that in Richie season, the F1 leaked right after the FRC...thanks to the "Sport Bag-Luggage Gate" by the Paps laugh out loud. Hence why all the awful hidden of the final couple. On this season, there is no official/legit spoiler ala RS/Paps circulating around...thats why im having a hard time to digest the idea of them had to 'hide" the F1 on the media.

Its always my believe anyway..that on Maiden Season..any TPTB would need to promote the F1 and final couple, in good light. Intro video is one of their 'tools'. We shall see soon enough if this is applied on this season as well Smiley.
Joy15
Joy15

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:40 am

I know KW hasn't been promoted on SM and there's been misdirection going on there, but is he really hidden onscreen? Or does it have more to do with most viewers not caring for him or wanting him to be the F1? I feel the KW and Jasmine love story has been obvious since almost the beginning. Sure he hasn't gotten a squeaky clean edit and they threw in some doubt with his tantrum and his mom on the HTD, but it's not like they've hidden their deeper conversations, or their chemistry, or their vulnerability and emotion towards each other. For me KW is the predictable ending and Mikhel or Mike would've been the shocking ending.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:54 am

bluwavz wrote:I know KW hasn't been promoted on SM and there's been misdirection going on there, but is he really hidden onscreen? Or does it have more to do with most viewers not caring for him or wanting him to be the F1? I feel the KW and Jasmine love story has been obvious since almost the beginning. Sure he hasn't gotten a squeaky clean edit and they threw in some doubt with his tantrum and his mom on the HTD, but it's not like they've hidden their deeper conversations, or their chemistry, or their vulnerability and emotion towards each other. For me KW is the predictable ending and Mikhel or Mike would've been the shocking ending.

All JMO.
100% agree with this post. I think that's why the disconnect is so weird for me - he gets such little promo on SM but of all the connections that have been shown on the show, IMO since ep2 Kevin W and Jasmine's has been the strongest. The mix of being openly vulnerable, casually intimate and truly happy is something I have yet to see with anyone else on the show. Like, we haven't seen her be at all vulnerable about herself with Mikhel.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:06 am

lightredemption wrote:
bluwavz wrote:I know KW hasn't been promoted on SM and there's been misdirection going on there, but is he really hidden onscreen? Or does it have more to do with most viewers not caring for him or wanting him to be the F1? I feel the KW and Jasmine love story has been obvious since almost the beginning. Sure he hasn't gotten a squeaky clean edit and they threw in some doubt with his tantrum and his mom on the HTD, but it's not like they've hidden their deeper conversations, or their chemistry, or their vulnerability and emotion towards each other. For me KW is the predictable ending and Mikhel or Mike would've been the shocking ending.

All JMO.
100% agree with this post. I think that's why the disconnect is so weird for me - he gets such little promo on SM but of all the connections that have been shown on the show, IMO since ep2 Kevin W and Jasmine's has been the strongest. The mix of being openly vulnerable, casually intimate and truly happy is something I have yet to see with anyone else on the show. Like, we haven't seen her be at all vulnerable about herself with Mikhel.

Yes, I agree, I think their connection is obvious and I think Kevin will be F1 too. The focus of official SM posts firstly on Mike and now Mikhel leaves me even more convinced that's the way it will play out, because I think it's their best avenue of misdirection.  

My issue is that the pictures/videos posted from Kevin's HTD focused a lot on his rather rude mother - thereby throwing a dark cloud over things and setting up the classic 'obstacle' that TPTB like to throw in for the F1 relationship to overcome.

I understand they don't want to make things too obvious, but by focusing on that, and his earlier jealous outbursts, I will now be slightly worried for Jasmine if she chooses Kevin!  And I don't want to feel like that.  I want to be happy for them.

I just wish TPTB wouldn't worry so much about 'giving the game away' too early, and show us more of the good stuff, KWIM?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:20 am

Personally I find the overpromotion ridiculous now.
People are even starting to say that they have too many Mikhel photos and because of that it will be KW.
It's way too obvious now and im wondering if it's not what they are aiming for and it will turn out to be Mik indeed hahahah.
Do you guys think Jas never opened up to Mik about her lost and vulnerabilities or it's just that they did not show it?
I mean, of all the relationships, her and Mik ones looks like the less in depth (even thomas, benoit, KP had very indepth convos with her) but at the same time she have been smitten for so long and brought him to F2.
What are we missing here?
It will be strange that during the season every relationship was explored to the chore by Jas and we got solid reasons why it's not this or this person and that at the end we have yet to get the same from the possible F2.
I'm wondering if this will happen next episode. Maybe it will have something to do with him wanting to quit?
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:27 am

@bluwavz @lightredemption I agreeGood Post:alltens:
IMO Kevin & Jasmine's relationship is far from hidden on the show. I can see & feel their chemistry and it just pops out to me infinitely more than any other relationship. They can't show us everything (ex. IMO they left out K/J making up at the CP after their fight) bc IMO they obviously can't give it all away & want to create some doubt/suspense, which isn't surprising to me. 

However, like @Alanna has so succinctly put it in a previous post, their connection is leaps & bounds above anything else going on this season IMO. The shocker for me, especially after watching that HTD ep, would be if Mikhel is somehow F1.

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 65 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+59
makeover
Love_is_Eternal
hawaiiangirl
primexi
Alanna
Just Looking
angie803
Bobette
Seabear
ilb123
bluwavz