SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Ariela Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 am

Ahhh, where to begin? My biggest beef is with the experts. I think they have perverted the sanctity of marriage.

This show is a farce. You don't marry a set of "traits". You marry a human being. Ashley and Dave  were 2 pieces of paper (traits), trying to make this robotic thing work. Ashley was never going to warm up to Dave. I have to give her credit for sticking it out that long.

On the other hand, I cannot help being suspicious that Ashley set this Dave asking the girl out fiasco, so she can have a way out. That was a little bit too weird for me. The communication around that issue was bizarre. I was thinking that Ashley contacted this girl to purposely strike up a conversation with David....I dunno. I have a funny suspicion.....But whatever.

It's the 21C and things are much different than when people were matched in the 18th, 19C. It seems that the contestants talk about marriage is if it were a tangible "thing"-a destination. With that, the expectations are more of an idealism, rather than reality. If they concentrated on the JOURNEY with a lot of give and take, it may work a little better, more realistically.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Happyspirit Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:47 am

Ashley said there was a big breakdown with trust so if you felt so strongly about me, I don't know the SM situation exists. Didn't the sm situation come out after these shows were taped?

Happyspirit

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:01 am

IMO Ashley's being less than forthright. She was clear about David not being the type of guy she wanted. She made it clear that wasn't changing. The "trust issue" didn't appear until after she'd made it clear David didn't light her lights. Thus, it's just being used as an excuse. And, again IMO, poorly done at that.

Of course SM is going to lag real-time events. The aired material lags real-time. IIRC, the closest to real-time was the report of Sam and Neil being seen in an Ikea. Even Ashley's mother's "the family never really liked him" was after the fact, albeit closer to Decision Day.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:39 pm

Goodbye cold hearted woman, sorry you were ever on my tv. May god find you a partner that have the heart to put up with you. Bye Ashley it was not nice knowing.

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Ashley in the Jamie Otis Unfiltered show

Post by Rockviller Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:50 pm

I stuck around after tonight's Part 2 show and watched the Jamie Otis interviews.  Oh my goodness, I never saw Ashley talk so fast!  It's like night and day.  She also seemed to have a lot to say.  I'm floored! MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 2292733854

Rockviller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:02 am

What did she say? please!

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Ashley in the Jamie Otis Unfiltered show

Post by Rockviller Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 am

Ashley was just saying that she thought it was pretty clear that she was leaning towards divorce, so she was surprised to hear David wanted to keep trying.  Nothing groundbreaking;  I was just mainly shocked that she was talking!!
(IMHO, the Jamie Otis Unfiltered show wasn't terribly good, it was just a lot of brief clips and quick cuts to snippets of the interviews).  Here's a link to Jamie's blog, where she links to some youtube clips of her show:
http://jamieotis.com/2016/03/the-mafs-og-have-returned/

* edited to add IMHO

Rockviller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali_R Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:33 am

I found it fitting that finally, as they were packing the house up, Ashley tried to reach David but this time he was the one that refused to allow her in.

It reminded me of the Father's Day episode when David stomped off, she seemed much more interested in trying to connect with him then, too.

Ashley seems to be one of those women that if a guy is attentive she's not interested. She's only interested if she has to fight for his attention.

This pissy over reaction to David trying to get in touch with someone from her social network was also telling.

How did they choose her? I need to go back and re watch the pre-wedding episodes. Something should have stood out back the that showed she clearly is incapable of any honest self reflection.

Ali_R

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:46 am

It's an insight into what makes Ashley tick. It seems that she can respond to people obviously hurting. Think of her work as a social worker. And now she's training to be a nurse - again a care giver. At the same time she can't see what she was doing to David. Sad, really. Ah well, bye-bye, Ashley. Best of luck, David.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:30 am

It was no surprise that it ended this way for Ashley and David.
My hubby and I talked afterward. And a point he made was about how throughout the season D was trying to force the communication. Hubby saw it as D wanted it all done like he does it, because D is overly extroverted. Then afterwards that diary cam footage of him saying he's already looking for his next wife was over the top.
Ashley is just too guarded to be right for this scenerio. Sure she's been involved social work, and that kind of career requires not getting emotionally involved. But seriously, this was personal. If she didn't want to answer questions or step outside the "usual" type of guy she dates....she really should not have taken part. Instead of really trying, and possibly showing she's human and makes mistakes, she now has the dislike of viewers. That is going to follow her around for the rest of her life.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:53 am

Ali_R  Welcome1  Great post.. The experts sure screwed up choosing her!!! Too bad!

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Ashley looked downright scary in the preview for next week. And why was she acting all scorned?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+64
junhanso
michelle1109
cindebugg
snglrose
sun20j2001