SELECT CONTENT

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:52 am

As a Christian, marriage issues should first be btw you and your spouse, then you going to God and if it gets to the point where a third party is needed, then counsel from the pastor becomes that. IMO,divine council was not sought before this decision was made. I just feel bad that money got the best of them and I will even feel worse for them if intimate stuff like their sex life gets brought up during this show.

Back to top Go down

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 am

I don't feel sorry for them at all. They made a choice to do this show. They were not forced. I am not going to discuss their Christianity, but when you chose money first you pay the price. I have no sympathy for them. I will show Sean as much compassion as he showed JPG and all the other people from the bachelor he has made fun of. IMO it is about time the Lowes felt the kind of judgement they have been happy to cast on others. If they chose to live by the values they like to preach and didn't put money first then we wouldn't be having this conversation. My sorrow goes for people who fight illness or those who lost loved ones to violence, illness or terrorism. Two greedy people who put money first and signed up for their sixth reality tv show aren't getting any sympathy for me. They are not victims, they are willing, well paid participants. I am sure there are those who don't have enough money for housing, food, or medical care who deserve the sympathy rather than two self-centered reality tv brats who chose money over dignity. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:32 am

stuckinsc wrote:I don't feel sorry for them at all. They made a choice to do this show. They were not forced. I am not going to discuss their Christianity, but when you chose money first you pay the price. I have no sympathy for them. I will show Sean as much compassion as he showed JPG and all the other people from the bachelor he has made fun of. IMO it is about time the Lowes felt the kind of judgement they have been happy to cast on others. If they chose to live by the values they like to preach and didn't put money first then we wouldn't be having this conversation. My sorrow goes for people who fight illness or those who lost loved ones to violence, illness or terrorism. Two greedy people who put money first and signed up for their sixth reality tv show aren't getting any sympathy for me. They are not victims, they are willing, well paid participants. I am sure there are those who don't have enough money for housing, food, or medical care who deserve the sympathy rather than two self-centered reality tv brats who chose money over dignity. JMO.

As Sean said, the others on MBC are "crazy people". Just like he repeatedly dismissed the girls on his season as "crazy", lumping them together as if they were all Tierras, when many if not most of them were more accomplished than he was or is IMO. I will grant you that one thing Sean is not is "crazy", but he's incredibly boorish and is terrible at reading people.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 am

stuckinsc wrote:I don't feel sorry for them at all. They made a choice to do this show. They were not forced. I am not going to discuss their Christianity, but when you chose money first you pay the price. I have no sympathy for them. I will show Sean as much compassion as he showed JPG and all the other people from the bachelor he has made fun of. IMO it is about time the Lowes felt the kind of judgement they have been happy to cast on others. If they chose to live by the values they like to preach and didn't put money first then we wouldn't be having this conversation. My sorrow goes for people who fight illness or those who lost loved ones to violence, illness or terrorism. Two greedy people who put money first and signed up for their sixth reality tv show aren't getting any sympathy for me. They are not victims, they are willing, well paid participants. I am sure there are those who don't have enough money for housing, food, or medical care who deserve the sympathy rather than two self-centered reality tv brats who chose money over dignity. JMO.
Really, they've done 6? I had no idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Sean has done 6, Catherine 5.  Bachelorette, Bachelor, DWTS, Bachelor wedding live, Celebrity Wife Swap, Marriage Boot Camp.  Plus several one off guest appearances (After Paradise, TB guest appearances, Celebrity Family Feud, Who Wants to be a Millionaire Celebrity Week).  There could be some I missed.

I don't see anything positive coming out of this for Sean and Catherine.  Respect means more to me than any dollar amount.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 pm

I watched the first episode of the season Trista and Ryan were on just to compare, and it was so obvious that there's absolutely nothing wrong with their marriage. They were acting like a team, defending each other and the biggest issue Trista could come up with is that Ryan doesn't usually say ILY first. Seems like they gave the producers absolutely nothing to work with, so no wonder they flew under the radar.

Sean and Cat have already given them plenty if those quotes on the walls are anything to go by. Will be interesting to see what's still to come. I doubt it'll be the fairytale that Trista and Ryan were. Honestly, I'm starting to think Sean and Cat aren't a very good fit. It's easy to adapt your personality to fit the other person's when you're madly in love, but that rarely lasts. Not that I think they're getting divorced anytime soon, but I doubt it's all smooth sailing ahead either. All the more reason they need to stop thinking they're the royal couple of the franchise. Please, you're like the "bottom of the barrel" amongst the married couples from TB. The rest seem far more solid. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Trista and Ryan also had nearly 10 years on them in marriage and kids, and were in a much more mature space. giggling

So since Catherine doesn't care about money according to Sean, are we to assume based on the 'writing on the wall' that she feels he puts money before her?

I thought it was telling that she immediately starting putting the frames face down and out of sight.

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Imo I have to think because seancat had so many followers with their sm . And the fact that the bachelor nation always showcasing his  old season and that must be they have been asked to be on these stupid shows . I mean I might have the impression that is mainly their reasons for asking them to join their show to get some ratings . The more  people who knew you the more  people will going to tune in . I think that is why mbc is playing their part on seancat. Because they know they can take advantage their popularity to add their ratings. I am also upset on that part of this whole mbc crew . That they are using more of them at their own advantage to get hype of their show. Ridiculous to me . The thing on this situation is the sutters and bb couples aren't that much fresher than these two atleast and they can just not being much the attention. I mean bachelornation knew sean and cat . Their season is over for three years now , new couples came out they are still talking about them . Bachelor franchise always having them from time to time to appear instead of the new ones . I do think that is make the difference of it from the same former pairs type like them that mbc had. I mean why do you think when Sean pr told him to think after he gets back of him they will pass it and suggest about the counter money offered? And his pr doubled it and mbc did not hesitant to give their answer but get back with them agreed to double it . That shows that mbc might be eyeing them to be part of their show . And they did it . But I would say they should just think before they completely decided themselves . Yeah I don't mind the money aspect . They can do for money but if on my way I would pass this kind of stupid show . RS said that Seancat should not agreed to go on this show . He said that Sean admitted doing wife swap made him regret of doing it . He even said that wife swap is about scripted and acting . Then why would he still did the mbc in the first place . He also commented that upon seeing the clip premiere that there's  nothing for him to show seancat marriage of doing this show or the others . he also said that they should be doing privately and not for a paycheck and said none of these people would . So as Sean admitted he did it for money . It says it all . I don't mind with the paycheck though coz that is always the case . Although RS and others said the same sentiments why  they still did the mbc since wife swap did not go on his favor for the editing . I think some missed the point of filiming those two shows . After wife swap . They jumped to film mbc . If I am not mistaken it is a week after they taped wife swap upon  filming the mbc. So that is exactly no for them to know how the wife swap being done not until they saw the show being made . I don't hate them and not even going to judge them . But this kind of reality shows like this that I don't want them to associate themselves but still they did go and do it. And seems they have learned from the leaders . They did it. So be it.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 Eb97c9
goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 9zt107goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 Xgicucgoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 Oaw2uvgoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 2pqw5k8goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 30szzaugoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:42 pm

The words "entitled" and "enabled" are two words that always come to mind with Sean. It's great that he was raised in a loving, above middle class home by parents that can and do support his every endeavor. His athletic ability allowed him to attend KState and receive a college degree that he has kept on the shelf while he pursues the easy money. Good looks and charm add to the package. Sean is seemingly coated in Teflon - nothing yucky sticks. 

Sean is an enigma. We hear he's a financial expert, yet many people lost their life's savings by trusting his advice. We're to believe he's financially astute and doesn't need SM derived income, but he isn't savvy enough to understand reality tv contracts? We hear about his background in real estate investing, but he couldn't purchase his own home without help from a relative and "his" spec home hasn't sold even with a $220,000 price reduction.

There is always someone other than Sean to blame. His partners, the mean old editing team on the Bachelorette and Bachelor shows, RS, the Mesnicks, the Sutters and even his loyal fans. SeanCat promote their image of the golden couple on SM and then we should blame their fans for buying into that perception? Alrighty then. 

It's incredible to me that Sean finds the people on MBC to be bottom of the barrel yet he willingly agrees to live with them and share intimate details of his marriage with them. Huh? Since Cat said she is a fan of Mama June and Honey Bear, I guess that is one more thing she and Sean disagree on.

I'm also not willing to cast blame on the directors of MBC or denigrate them or their credentials in any way. Jim Carroll has been involved in relationship therapies for over 21 years and Elizabeth Carroll has a Master's degree in psychology in addition to her work with MBC. If SeanCat wanted the benefit of their expertise without being on the show, I'm sure the Carrolls would have obliged. But - SeanCat had 200,000 reasons to be on the show.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Maybe he is just a fancy box of rocks that has a few timely angels there to rescue him whenever he goes rogue.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan2013 Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:09 pm

I have been following Sean & Catherine on IG & Twitter and have been a member of this forum for 2+ years as well. I can truly say that following SeanCat has been a delight. They are both witty, intelligent ,positive and funny. Their posts really keep me entertained. They are also very relatable. Numerous times they have indicated that they are not perfect and are continually finding ways to improve themselves and their marriage.
in my opinion, We TV and Marriage Boot Camp offered S & C a substantial amount so as to capture an additional type of audience , improve ratings and also to show various ways of resolving " marital issues". There is no right or wrong way. The ultimate goal is for the audience to decide for themselves which best suites their marriage or personalities.
Sean and Catherine have made themselves very vulnerable by joining the show. But, on his blog, he said that it has strengthened their marriage. ( The importance of being there for each other.) I hope that the extra income will help them in their future- to be able to spend more time together as a couple, invest wisely, etc. Again, they make me happy & entertained. Kudos to them for getting so many opportunities.

Joan2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:48 pm

FLChica wrote:***snipped***

An on-going exercise is called "The Writing Is On the Wall". Quotes the couple have said to each other are in frames (picture style) on the bedroom walls, night stands, etc.  The Carrolls explained the couples are "forced to see it - confront it - resolve it". Accountability for what you say! Sean and Catherine's quotes of what they have said to each other:

"I'm not your priority"     "You're not the person I married"     "You put money first"     "I don't even know you"    "You're a lunatic"     "You're never happy"     "You make me miserable"
***snipped***

I have not watched this show. It's doubtful that I ever will; however, reading through this thread, this post jumped out at me. Isn't it Relationships 101 that it's best to avoid "you statements" when arguing with your significant other? No wonder their arguments escalate to the point that Sean chooses to walk away. I'm uncomfortable even thinking about this being put on TV. No amount of money in the world is worth putting my relationship on display...imo. I value my marriage and husband's feelings too much. Still dumbfounded by their actions...

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 5 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+35
vivi2
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
whit90
jlccaz