SELECT CONTENT

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:40 pm

JMO, but I don't think Sean is addicted to the fame and attention. I believe him when he says he'd be happy disappearing from the public eye and just living a quiet life with cat and the dogs. I think it really was 100% about the money. I don't see him as a Chris b. Cat, on the other hand, does seem to be enjoy the fame and attention a lot more.

Back to top Go down

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't think he's addicted to fame per se, but when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars being thrown at you for 1-2 week commitments and a day job that maybe isn't bringing in enough money, then I imagine it can get very tempting. I agree that it is largely about $.

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
I find Sean to be very manipulative and disingenuous and IMO, he uses his blog (while "conveniently" plugging his "Right Reasons" book Rolling Eyes) and SM to pretend he is regretful. If he really was regretful, he wouldn't have done any more reality-TV post DWTS since he said he had regrets back then and not continuing on with his "regrets" while pocketing cash.   Rolling Eyes  

The thing I find gross is how Sean blogged how it was his wife and manager that wanted him to do the show and that HE was so reluctant to do it. It is like his blog post is nothing more than to put the onus on his wife and for him to wash his hands of it all, so to speak and to make it seem like it was his manager and wife that convinced him to do the show -- but only after HE wanted DOUBLE the money.  It's almost like he is saying Cat would have done it for less money and SHE wanted to do it but not him and so it had to be DOUBLE the money for him to do it.  no

It's things like that that reinforce why I've never cared for Sean. He always gave me the creeps. His behavior now still does and I find it really icky since it is shrouded in self-righteousness. no no

It's actually his pr who did the suggestion not him and not expecting that mbc would just agreed without hesitation . He actually said no thank you with his pr email then his pr gets back with him by saying why not he think more of it and his pr suggested to him  about to double the money and see what the mbc will say . Then after his pr proposed that to the mbc to double it and mbc agrees that was the decision came completely as what on his blog not the other way round he suggested it . I do think I would say I am not pleased  this moved of his pr . He should respect his client if they said no then he should stop it there but he still give a way for seancat to do the show . But again it doesn't matter because at the end the decision is yours . And they still did it for money as what he honestly said on his blog anyway .

goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Eb97c9
goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 9zt107goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Xgicucgoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Oaw2uvgoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 2pqw5k8goals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 30szzaugoals - Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:55 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:
It's actually his pr who did the suggestion not him and not expecting that mbc would just agreed without hesitation . He actually said no thank you with his pr email then his pr gets back with him by saying why not he think more of it and his pr suggested to him  about to double the money and see what the mbc will say . Then after his pr proposed that to the mbc to double it and mbc agrees that was the decision came completely as what on his blog not the other way round he suggested it . I do think I would say I am not pleased  this moved of his pr . He should respect his client if they said no then he should stop it there but he still give a way for seancat to do the show . But again it doesn't matter because at the end the decision is yours . And they still did it for money as what he honestly said on his blog anyway .

JMO, but Sean is a grown man. His PR person can suggest he ask for double, but Sean is responsible for his own integrity. He could have refused to ask for double or said no when they did agree to double. He made the choice to do the show, he is the type of person who does this show because he chose to take the money. That makes him no better than anyone else on the show. Plain and simple, and as always JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:59 pm

The PR person did it for money as well. Money can be a motivator. Situations can be justified any which way if money is involved.

After her success and disaster, Kate Plus 8 is back. Reality TV is the norm. Is there anyone that does Reality TV for any reason other than money? Actors are in successful movies, they are in movies that bomb. There are good choices and not so good choices that are made. Hindsight is 20/20.

IMO Sean and Cat will take the positive out of their experiences. His blog IMO states how he felt and how the opportunity unfolded. I didn't see it as blaming anyone, but rather explaining how he came to terms to agreeing to doing it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm

FLChica wrote:The words "entitled" and "enabled" are two words that always come to mind with Sean. It's great that he was raised in a loving, above middle class home by parents that can and do support his every endeavor. His athletic ability allowed him to attend KState and receive a college degree that he has kept on the shelf while he pursues the easy money. Good looks and charm add to the package. Sean is seemingly coated in Teflon - nothing yucky sticks. 

Sean is an enigma. We hear he's a financial expert, yet many people lost their life's savings by trusting his advice. We're to believe he's financially astute and doesn't need SM derived income, but he isn't savvy enough to understand reality tv contracts? We hear about his background in real estate investing, but he couldn't purchase his own home without help from a relative and "his" spec home hasn't sold even with a $220,000 price reduction.

There is always someone other than Sean to blame. His partners, the mean old editing team on the Bachelorette and Bachelor shows, RS, the Mesnicks, the Sutters and even his loyal fans. SeanCat promote their image of the golden couple on SM and then we should blame their fans for buying into that perception? Alrighty then. 

It's incredible to me that Sean finds the people on MBC to be bottom of the barrel yet he willingly agrees to live with them and share intimate details of his marriage with them. Huh? Since Cat said she is a fan of Mama June and Honey Bear, I guess that is one more thing she and Sean disagree on.

I'm also not willing to cast blame on the directors of MBC or denigrate them or their credentials in any way. Jim Carroll has been involved in relationship therapies for over 21 years and Elizabeth Carroll has a Master's degree in psychology in addition to her work with MBC. If SeanCat wanted the benefit of their expertise without being on the show, I'm sure the Carrolls would have obliged. But - SeanCat had 200,000 reasons to be on the show.
I think that is kind of unfair to Sean, I remember in his book putting the blame on himself when his business failed and have said he is very fearful at failing at another business, same for CWS, he didn't blame The Mesnicks but said he didn't like the editing and admitted that it was his choice to do the show and shouldn't be complaining at the editing, also we don't know what occurred for his dad to pay some amount for their house. It could have been a wedding present and something his dad wanted to give to them, so all you have is speculation that he wasn't wise enough to buy a house.

I don't think Sean is addicted to fame, the are things I side-eye him for including doing this show as much as I like Catherine I would say between them is the one that enjoys and loves perks of what fame brings.  I think Sean is still trying to find himself and doesn't know what he wants including a definite career. In a way the same can be said for Catherine, I remember the were talks of her releasing clothing line last year, well that went nowhere. I can't even tell you what is Catherine career currently.

Last edited by StacyNor on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 pm

nothatgirl wrote:JMO, but I don't think Sean is addicted to the fame and attention. I believe him when he says he'd be happy disappearing from the public eye and just living a quiet life with cat and the dogs. I think it really was 100% about the money. I don't see him as a Chris b. Cat, on the other hand, does seem to be enjoy the fame and attention a lot more.
That's how I see it too.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:08 pm

I see Sean as the one who wears the pants in that family and makes the decisions. He decided to do this for the money, which he explained, and wanted to head things off at the pass by putting out a "why I did it" so to basically get a pass from his followers. He was trying to lessen the negative and disappointing comments he would receive for having done this cringe-worthy show. I don't believe that Cat is not into money, or him for that matter. IF he really regrets going on these shows, this will be the last. Otherwise, he needs to look himself in the mirror and admit that was a lie.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I see Sean as the one who wears the pants in that family and makes the decisions. He decided to do this for the money, which he explained, and wanted to head things off at the pass by putting out a "why I did it" so to basically get a pass from his followers. He was trying to lessen the negative and disappointing comments he would receive for having done this cringe-worthy show. I don't believe that Cat is not into money, or him for that matter. IF he really regrets going on these shows, this will be the last. Otherwise, he needs to look himself in the mirror and admit that was a lie.

Sean said after DWTS no more reality tv.  I understood the wedding, **edited**The ceremony itself was beautiful, but the special that he and Cat so willingly acted in was ridiculous.  The lingerie shopping, the boudoir photography, the whole consummation countdown, it was all over the top and Sean and Cat were happy to play along for the paycheck.  For them it didn't take away from the wedding at all.  Good for them.  

After that he and Cat vocally criticized JPG, ragged on Nick non-stop and only admitted that when Nick called him out on it while not insulting Sean.  Sean is very good at criticizing others, it is what made me stop being fans of he and Cat.  They talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk, IMO.  

Now they have overloaded on tv this year, Millionaire, Family Feud, CWS, MBC.  It seems that if someone asked and gave them a paycheck they said yes.  Not sure why, maybe being bankrupt once Sean has a fear of being bankrupt again.  I personally declared bankruptcy, so I can understand that.  I would not have a problem with them doing these shows if it weren't for the complaining (yes, he did complain about the CWS edit, when he criticized JPG for doing the same thing with the bachelor - karma tends to be a real witch about stuff like that).  Now he shows up to MBC and says in the house that he is better than the rest of the people.  But Sean you are not better than them.  Just like them you sold your life for a paycheck.  Simple as that.  If Sean would stop placing himself and Cat above others and admit that they enjoy the money and perks of the reality paycheck and stop criticizing others for being on the same shows that he and Cat have chosen to be on, I might respect him.  Until then, he and Cat both come of as disingenuous and sanctimonious to me, no one else has to see them that way, it is JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:33 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I see Sean as the one who wears the pants in that family and makes the decisions. He decided to do this for the money, which he explained, and wanted to head things off at the pass by putting out a "why I did it" so to basically get a pass from his followers. He was trying to lessen the negative and disappointing comments he would receive for having done this cringe-worthy show. I don't believe that Cat is not into money, or him for that matter. IF he really regrets going on these shows, this will be the last. Otherwise, he needs to look himself in the mirror and admit that was a lie.

Sean said after DWTS no more reality tv.  I understood the wedding, I think SeanCat fans would have practically died without seeing their wedding.  The ceremony itself was beautiful, but the special that he and Cat so willingly acted in was ridiculous.  The lingerie shopping, the boudoir photography, the whole consummation countdown, it was all over the top and Sean and Cat were happy to play along for the paycheck.  For them it didn't take away from the wedding at all.  Good for them.  

After that he and Cat vocally criticized JPG, ragged on Nick non-stop and only admitted that when Nick called him out on it while not insulting Sean.  Sean is very good at criticizing others, it is what made me stop being fans of he and Cat.  They talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk, IMO.  

Now they have overloaded on tv this year, Millionaire, Family Feud, CWS, MBC.  It seems that if someone asked and gave them a paycheck they said yes.  Not sure why, maybe being bankrupt once Sean has a fear of being bankrupt again.  I personally declared bankruptcy, so I can understand that.  I would not have a problem with them doing these shows if it weren't for the complaining (yes, he did complain about the CWS edit, when he criticized JPG for doing the same thing with the bachelor - karma tends to be a real witch about stuff like that).  Now he shows up to MBC and says in the house that he is better than the rest of the people.  But Sean you are not better than them.  Just like them you sold your life for a paycheck.  Simple as that.  If Sean would stop placing himself and Cat above others and admit that they enjoy the money and perks of the reality paycheck and stop criticizing others for being on the same shows that he and Cat have chosen to be on, I might respect him.  Until then, he and Cat both come of as disingenuous and sanctimonious to me, no one else has to see them that way, it is JMO.  

And that is why they are TPTB's golden couple. I feel exactly the same way as you on all points. They are one of my least favorite couples. After how they treated JPG, and a few other comments I've heard from them, they moved from indifference to dislike. A little too much of a superior attitude for my liking (and the hypocracy isn't attractive either.) They will either keep on with agreeing to be trotted out every season or go away and live their lives. We shall see. If I was to bet, I would say we haven't seen the last of them.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:52 pm

I do believe that Sean is torn between living according to his beliefs and doing anything for money. I think he does feel like a hypocrite, but he is just too greedy to say no, so he tries to rationalise his decisions to himself and to his followers. Cat, on the other hand, seems to genuinely like taking part in all these shows and events. I kind of understand since she's probably bored to death in Dallas. Some dance classes and bible study is not enough for a social girl like her. I don't know how much she cares about the money, but I'm sure she knows that Sean can't say no to it, so calling the money a blessing is exactly what Sean needs to hear. Cat can speak his language by now.

Still, as naive as Sean may be, he's the only one responsible for his own actions and decisions. Not Cat, not his manager, not Trista, not a higher power, but Sean. If his integrity and principles were that important, he would say no, not agree to ask for double. He's proven that money is his top priority. Not a good trait in a person, but that's JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:36 pm

A pound of flesh is a powerful force.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+35
vivi2
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
whit90
jlccaz